What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** COVID-19 CoronaVirus Thread. Fresh epidemic fears as child pneumonia cases surge in Europe after China outbreak. NOW in USA (16 Viewers)

Our clients in the real estate industry are doing the same.
I know colleagues in real estate who have essentially been told to put their efforts on hold - mind you, these are residential agents, and I can't see much going on there anyway, however if you have properties in the midst of inspection/closing etc, those need be continued and consummated unless contracts are amended and/or certain monies and deposits forfeited.

In the commercial world, most everyone I know is WFH, if not mandated to do so.

#### is getting real in Minnesota.  All announced this morning:

- Gov. Tim Walz to self-quarantine, his bodyguard has coronavirus.

- Sen. Amy Klobuchar says husband has coronavirus and is hospitalized.

- Lt. Gov. Peggy Flanagan says older brother has died after getting coronavirus.

#### is getting real in Minnesota.  All announced this morning:

- Gov. Tim Walz to self-quarantine, his bodyguard has coronavirus.

- Sen. Amy Klobuchar says husband has coronavirus and is hospitalized.

- Lt. Gov. Peggy Flanagan says older brother has died after getting coronavirus.
Sad to say but this is what needs to happen for our “leaders” to take things seriously and force the lower IQ of our society to stay the hell away from people. It’s gonna have to start hitting close to home and it will unfortunately. The people in that church video need a beat down. 

he's not saying deaths will be 20%, GB

He's one of the best sources of info on the forum. It's possible the posts talked past each other a bit. 
Awesome! I'm trying to get to a total number of deaths people are anticipating...there's a lot of 2%, 20%, critical, non critical, All I have been able to read thus far has been a staggering death rate for those that slip into hospitalization. I have seen it North of 50% right now of folks who need these ventilators, many don't make it even with access to them.  

-In other news because I do want to share info and some of this could be old because I'm not parked in here all day. 

Publix is starting to slow down just a bit. Meaning at least the initial buying up of goods much like what we see in a Hurricane situation down here is starting to level out just a smidge...I've not stepped foot in one in several days. 

With people going in and out of the grocery stores, seems like would become a hot spot for the virus. 

-I had multiple people along my walk this morning around the neighborhood want to stop and chat which quickly became them entering my 6 feet and wanting to shake my hand...I had to remind many Seniors I cam along that we needed to keep put social distance...I passed a group of 4 huddled together talking in the streets, it's fine to waive and keep walking but they are still stopping and congregating like they can't help themselves. 

Massachusetts shutting down rec, adult use cannabis but keeping medical going as well as alcohol.  So dumb.
I love how all these states that blatantly ignored the federal government and legalized weed all get bent at the federal government for not imposing their will during times like these.

Just as irresponsible as dumb drunk teens on Spring break.
I'd suggest FAR more irresponsible. The point of being young and stupid is that you are still young and stupid.  Literally you don't yet have a fully formed adult brain / chemistry, not to mention little to know exposure to "real life" and self responsibility.  Doesn't excuse the behavior, but we were all (well many of us) there in some way, at some point, doing stupid #### when we were young.

Adults, putting religion / mythology and their selfish need to congregate above the health of others is completely inexcusable.  Don't want to hear one bit from any of these folks about self responsibility or them calling out others as not being such. Ever.

Wife's hospital here in North Palm Beach area just had their first confirmed cases of the virus. 

I mentioned they went from having just 10 test kits to over 800 last Friday Morning and now the results are starting to come in from over the weekend. 

• Thanks
Reactions: JAA
I'd suggest FAR more irresponsible. The point of being young and stupid is that you are still young and stupid.  Literally you don't yet have a fully formed adult brain / chemistry, not to mention little to know exposure to "real life" and self responsibility.  Doesn't excuse the behavior, but we were all (well many of us) there in some way, at some point, doing stupid #### when we were young.

Adults, putting religion / mythology and their selfish need to congregate above the health of others is completely inexcusable.  Don't want to hear one bit from any of these folks about self responsibility or them calling out others as not being such. Ever.
Well there is the fact that going to the beach is clearly a non essential part of some people's lives whereas their faith and religion is not.

Sad to say but this is what needs to happen for our “leaders” to take things seriously and force the lower IQ of our society to stay the hell away from people. It’s gonna have to start hitting close to home and it will unfortunately. The people in that church video need a beat down. 
:goodposting:

• Thanks
Reactions: JAA
Wisconsin governor announced a stay at home order going into effect tomorrow.

The scope is unclear, details to follow.
Sounds like it's going to be pretty similar to all the others.  You can still leave the house to exercise, to go to the grocery store or pharmacy, to go to jobs that are deemed "essential,"  etc.

Basically no different than people should have been doing all along.

[inserts joke that corner bars are considered essential businesses in Wisconsin]
non-schtick answer is that we would absolutely not want to force all our alcoholics into detox at once.

It appears Wisconsin  is not doing a full lock-down Italy style, but what they are calling a #saferathome order.

non-schtick answer is that we would absolutely not want to force all our alcoholics into detox at once.

It appears Wisconsin  is not doing a full lock-down Italy style, but what they are calling a #saferathome order.
Which half the idiots here will simply ignore.  Restaurants still open for takeout orders, leading to a bunch of people hanging out together waiting for their orders.  🤦‍♂️

Are people getting re-tested to confirm recoveries?  If there’s not enough tests to confirm positives I’m guessing there’s definitely not enough tests for recoveries
There's no mystery to recoveries -- cessation of symptoms and a few consecutive days without fever. Future antibodies testing (sampling) will be useful, though.

Well there is the fact that going to the beach is clearly a non essential part of some people's lives whereas their faith and religion is not.
Does their right to religion trump other people's rights to health and life?

Does their religion demand they must assemble in a manner that is detrimental to the health of others (wonderful religion that would be, eh?).

I'm a libertarian at heart. My rights stop at your nose.  Their rights stop at my nose, including not having potentially life threatening disease hoisted upon me.

These people are adults, knowingly putting others at risk.   That is the epitome of irresponsibility. 

Anyone else hear info about the need for “travel papers” for essential workers in the near future?
Yes, I think OH is issuing something that says "so & so is considered essential personal" that you carry with you in case you have to get through check points or get stopped. Thought I heard that on Cleveland radio this morning.

Does their right to religion trump other people's rights to health and life?

Does their religion demand they must assemble in a manner that is detrimental to the health of others (wonderful religion that would be, eh?).

I'm a libertarian at heart. My rights stop at your nose.  Their rights stop at my nose, including not having potentially life threatening disease hoisted upon me.

These people are adults, knowingly putting others at risk.   That is the epitome of irresponsibility. 
Well, I'm gonna just have to say that it comes closer to all of this than going to the beach.    You giving beach goers a free pass for being young just shows you have strong bias here.

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as essential, I can tell you that the developer who builds most of our condos on the beach in this state is up and running today.  Full construction crews, sales office open for business.  While I've got one rental unit in process, I'd be A-OK if they'd shut it down for a couple weeks. 

Well, I'm gonna just have to say that it comes closer to all of this than going to the beach.    You giving beach goers a free pass for being young just shows you have strong bias here.
Please show me where I've given anyone a free pass.  I suggested that what they are doing is wrong, that they hold responsibility for it, but that they are indeed young kids, and that is important context. Seems you literally ignored all of that to make a point.

I see no excuse for adults to gather in groups in a manner that 100% increases risk for them, and literally every single person with whom they come in contact.

What bias am I showing exactly?

Users who are viewing this thread