What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is anyone actually giving the XFL a chance to redeem itself? (2 Viewers)

Some of the XFL teams need to pivot to mobile QBs and more college style offenses like we have seen with Baltimore. Sure there’s no Lamar but there are athletes who can bring more to make the game interesting then the current crop.

I think we'll see a lull for the next couple games, but the good test will be once the playoffs come around.  Do the ratings tick up for the playoffs?  That will say a lot.  

I think we'll see a lull for the next couple games, but the good test will be once the playoffs come around.  Do the ratings tick up for the playoffs?  That will say a lot.  
Outside of LA, I thought the attendance was encouraging this weekend. 

Good opening crowd in Seattle, DC with a manageable drop in attendance in their second home game and Houston basically holding even in their second home game.

Outside of LA, I thought the attendance was encouraging this weekend. 

Good opening crowd in Seattle, DC with a manageable drop in attendance in their second home game and Houston basically holding even in their second home game.
I also read that STL is expecting 30k this weekend. People wanted them to open the upper deck but the team didn’t decide to. 

Geez, I can't even find 14 or so good QBs/teams in the NFL, why would I want to invest my time in the junior varsity version of this?  

I'm probably not the best person to be answering this question.  My interest in the NFL has declined steadily three post few years and I was a die-hard can but the minutia this game has ground to, leading to analysis paralysis on seemingly everything has destroyed the flow and momentum of the game and I can't hardly watch it anymore except for red zone.   

Tnf is garbage also.

Didn't watch a live snap all weekend... after watching a good bit last weekend.  
I haven't really watch a "live" snap either weekend. I dvr them and watch the games later in the evening at a "brisk" pace.

For me it’s because this is a crappy time of the year with not much to do and I can bet on it
I'm with you. I don't care about NBA at all. Only care about the NHL once the playoffs hit. So this is great timing for "extra" football for me.

These morons for Tampa Bay trying to argue that they should be able to tackle a defenseless player who is already on the ground. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
18k in Tampa and 22k in Seattle yesterday. Expecting almost 30 in St. Louis. Pretty good numbers. 

Last edited by a moderator:
18k in Tampa and 22k in Seattle yesterday. Expecting almost 30 in St. Louis. Pretty good numbers. 
Battlehawks games look fun-ish.

Parlayed the faves today.  Might consider the Over in the next one.  I feel like both QBs are decent enough to engineer drives. 

There are some really dumb rules in this league.

LA intercepts a pass on their own 4 yard line and returns it to the 50.

At the end of the run there is a personal foul penalty on DC for diving at the knees of a blocker.  After the play there is also a personal foul on LA for a late hit.  How that shakes out is the two personal fouls offset (even though one was during the play and the other was after) and somehow that places the ball....at the spot of the interception, the 4 yard line?  How in the world does that make any sense?  So DC actually GAINED 30 yards of field position by committing a personal foul of diving at a guy's knees to try and take him out.  Insane.

There are some really dumb rules in this league.

LA intercepts a pass on their own 4 yard line and returns it to the 50.

At the end of the run there is a personal foul penalty on DC for diving at the knees of a blocker.  After the play there is also a personal foul on LA for a late hit.  How that shakes out is the two personal fouls offset (even though one was during the play and the other was after) and somehow that places the ball....at the spot of the interception, the 4 yard line?  How in the world does that make any sense?  So DC actually GAINED 30 yards of field position by committing a personal foul of diving at a guy's knees to try and take him out.  Insane.
Wait.  DC got the ball back?  That is crazy.

Wait.  DC got the ball back?  That is crazy.
Sorry I probably could have worded it better.  LA kept the ball, just way back at their own 4 yard line.  If DC hadn't committed the personal foul LA would have had the ball around the 35 yard line.  They gained 31 yards of field position (pushing LA 31 yards back) by committing a personal foul.  Makes zero sense. 

Not only is one of the teams named the battlehawks, there was a guy at the battlehawks game with a homemade battlehawk costume cheering for the battlehawks, a costume he clearly couldn't have needed before the battlehawks became his local team and which he could only really use until the XFL folds again which could be literally any day now based on past experience. That's how die hard the battlehawks fanbase is. 

Users who are viewing this thread