What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Happy Valentine's Day (1 Viewer)

This is one of the most depressing days of the year.  I will try to treat myself, since I don't have loved ones.

This is one of the most depressing days of the year.  I will try to treat myself, since I don't have loved ones.
It's not just loved ones imo. I look at it kind of like Thanksgiving, beyond the red roses and dinner stuff. I'm grateful for my friends. I sent them all a friend's message. It's about people you like too.

I think it's nice to just treat yourself at least once a year on the most depressing day for you whether it's buying something, a nice dinner, whatever you enjoy. Some people do it on their most depressing days like when say there's a death or an anniversary of someone's death comes around and they chose to celebrate life with a nice dinner or something. 

I never liked Valentine's Day. There is so much emphasis on romantic love that causes so many who don't have that feel sad or inadequate. Same with loved ones. Some people don't have close families. Then what about friends? I may not romantically love but I like them very much. A couple are like sisters I don't have.

It really should be more like an appreciation day toward everyone who adds to your life whether girlfriend, boyfriend, spouse, family, friends or pets. That's the way I see it as I sit here with my furry pet, the one who always brings me love and joy 24/7.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have lots of people that care about you and value your opinion. This place is more than a forum—it’s truly an online community.   You should consider starting your own thread and post about your thoughts and experiences on any given day. I assure you that you will find that lots of people value and care for you.  I for sure would love to follow and see a thread like that. 

You have lots of people that care about you and value your opinion. This place is more than a forum—it’s truly an online community.   You should consider starting your own thread and post about your thoughts and experiences on any given day. I assure you that you will find that lots of people value and care for you.  I for sure would love to follow and see a thread like that. 
Fantastic idea. Everyone deserves support. There are a lot of caring people here. I would definitely follow your thread and point out that you are cared about.

I have a mondo thread on another lightly trafficked board that started out as my cancer journey that has since evolved into a blog about the happs in my life, my thoughts, how I am or trying to deal with bad news, etc. No one posts in that thread, but people read it. I know I have helped some from sharing my fears, thoughts, coping tactics, etc. And it's liberating for me to put it all into words. Makes me feel better even if nothing much changes. You could also blog just for yourself but from my experience, the thought that maybe I may be helping even 1 person deal better keeps me keeping that mondo thread public. Definitely worth a try.

This is a great post.  I think you will find that there are many who have gone through, or are going through, something similar.  That can be a great sounding board and area of support when you need it.  This people on this forum have always been there to support others.  Don't let the anonymity fool you, the real people behind the keyboards have the biggest hearts I have ever seen, and they really do care.  

I am feeling a bit better now. Had a nice dinner I liked.  With the busyness of the board, I never started a topic here thinking whatever I started would be a Honda.  I wouldn't know what to start since I have a boring life and I don't know that many people.

Thanks for the fine words.

I am feeling a bit better now. Had a nice dinner I liked.  With the busyness of the board, I never started a topic here thinking whatever I started would be a Honda.  I wouldn't know what to start since I have a boring life and I don't know that many people.

Thanks for the fine words.
#### the honda ####. For major stories like Lori Loughlin or like headline news stuff then it makes sense to have it all in 1 thread because it's bound to be a long thread. But other stuff, too bad. Don't like it don't read it. Post sarcasm in it and I'll ignore it.

There have been times where I was bashed before the new board rules. That's the reason back in 2015 when I was diagnosed with cancer that I created my blog on a slow board and just put a link if anyone wanted to follow my journey. We are not celebrities here. All our lives are boring. We all go through the same stuff. But having people support you or even give you great advice helps.

If you don't want to start a thread, there is one on any topic that you can contribute to and follow. 

I'm not saying you have to post. But you have to see that you have friends here, and no post is boring if it's about you. 

I'm glad you enjoyed dinner. I'd recommended treating yourself more often. You deserve it! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread