What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Please Help With Reporting Stuff Way Over The Line (1 Viewer)

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
Hi Folks,

Will you please help us in reporting posts and threads that are clearly over the line? We need you so we can keep the forum going. 

There have been two threads in the last day here - one with a poster trying to flame out and be suspended and another today with a spammer posting something about a game.

But Instead of reports so we could remove them, they mostly just got popcorn posts. I get it some people enjoy watching the site trainwreck or look bad but please if you see something like those that are clearly wrong, please just hit the report button and a moderator will get to it as soon as they can. 

Thank you for helping. 

Sorry I posted "Hi Doctor Nick!" in that spamming thread for the gambling site. I should have known better.

Snitches get stiches
No. 

People that report posts that are clearly way over help keep the forum here. It will fold up and be gone otherwise. I realize there are some people who'd be fine with that. But there are I believe a good number who'd like to keep the forum alive. That's why I'm asking for their help. 

Last edited by a moderator:
No. 

People that report posts that are clearly way over help keep the forum here. It will fold up and be gone otherwise. I realize there are some people who'd be fine with that. But there are I believe a good number who'd like to keep the forum alive. That's why I'm asking for their help. 
Serious question... How do those two threads or similar threads annihilate the rest of the good work that's being done here? 

And I don't use the word "annihilate' lightly, since you're talking about ending this forum over stuff that the majority of folk here can obviously joke about and then move on.

I respect that it's your site (although as I hope you know, has become an incredible community of grown ups from all POV who ultimately make it work and respect each other...ffa, not talking of)...but this something I genuinely don't understand.

Serious question... How do those two threads or similar threads annihilate the rest of the good work that's being done here? 

And I don't use the word "annihilate' lightly, since you're talking about ending this forum over stuff that the majority of folk here can obviously joke about and then move on.

I respect that it's your site (although as I hope you know, has become an incredible community of grown ups from all POV who ultimately make it work and respect each other...ffa, not talking of)...but this something I genuinely don't understand.
It does seem a bit over the top to be honest. Maybe he’s just looking for an excuse to end the forums with a clean conscience?

I was wondering about this myself.

He is using the same scare tactic here in the very pleasant and relatively polite FFA as he used to try and clean up the horrendous political forum.  It doesn't make sense to me.   The FFA may be the calmest forum on the entire internet.

No. 

No offense man but the over moderation and crazy over the top attempt at being politically correct is what is going to be the death kneel of this board.   You cannot treat middle age dudes that are here mostly because of football like middle school girls.   And the fact that you now want other posters having a hair trigger and reporting things they dont like sounds like a recipe for disaster. 

Thanks for the question. The reality of the forum is that we depend on the posters to help us moderate the board. 

If not, the board turns into spam or becomes unreadable. 

My hope is our folks do exactly what you're saying and respect each other enough to want to make it work. 

I meant exactly what I said in the OP.  I'm not talking about reporting the petty "I'm super sensitive and this guy was maybe mean to me" stuff. I'm asking people to please report the spam threads or flame out threads that are clearly not what we want. I'd hope that wouldn't be a controversial to ask.

No offense man but the over moderation and crazy over the top attempt at being politically correct is what is going to be the death kneel of this board.   You cannot treat middle age dudes that are here mostly because of football like middle school girls.   And the fact that you now want other posters having a hair trigger and reporting things they dont like sounds like a recipe for disaster. 
I'm asking people to report spam threads and flame out threads that are way over the line. I don't think that's treating people like middle school girls. 

Thanks for the question. The reality of the forum is that we depend on the posters to help us moderate the board. 

If not, the board turns into spam or becomes unreadable. 

My hope is our folks do exactly what you're saying and respect each other enough to want to make it work. 

I meant exactly what I said in the OP.  I'm not talking about reporting the petty "I'm super sensitive and this guy was maybe mean to me" stuff. I'm asking people to please report the spam threads or flame out threads that are clearly not what we want. I'd hope that wouldn't be a controversial to ask.
I appreciate the answer, joe.

I'm sure there are folk here happy to report these things. I live by my former raising arizona sig- I'm ok. You're ok. That there's what it is. 

Spammers get ridicule/joke responses and I'd have to see the flameout case by case. I missed this last one. Tbh, most of what you prescribe is just common sense/decency stuff, so for the most part I have little problem with it. Sthe threat of shutting down the board unless people moderate other posters more...not so much.

snitches will get schtickses, imo.

Users who are viewing this thread