What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tiger King on Netflix (1 Viewer)

Maybe I had such disdain for Carole that this went by me? Other than obviously cheating on his wife/wives, what did they show that would make him a scumbag? I'm not suggesting that wouldnt be enough, Im just asking what i missed or forgot about? 
Walking out on his family with a Nebraska Ave hooker half his age.  Then planning to leave her and go to Costa Rica.  She may have been crazy, and deserved to get left with nothing, but odds are Don was going to skip out on his original family as well.  He started out as an animal collector as well, which doesn't make you a terrible person but a great chance of being a nut job.

Last edited by a moderator:
Enjoyed the series as a whole but the final episode was a bit of a let down. Not allowing cameras in federal courts kind of killed it, as I'm sure there were some tremendous moments only those in attendance witnessed. The highlight of the finale for me was the out-of-nowhere jet skiing sequence with Garretson buzzing around to the tune of Eye of the Tiger.

Enjoyed the series as a whole but the final episode was a bit of a let down. Not allowing cameras in federal courts kind of killed it, as I'm sure there were some tremendous moments only those in attendance witnessed. The highlight of the finale for me was the out-of-nowhere jet skiing sequence with Garretson buzzing around to the tune of Eye of the Tiger.
I rewound it and watched it again. 

I wonder if Netflix can squeeze another season (or an additional episode special or two) out of this. Is this story really over? 

As entertained and fascinated by all of this as I was, the stat that there are approximately 2x the number of tigers in captivity in the US alone than the number that are in teh wild is truly depressing. I bet when global figures are tallied, that number is like 15x.

Man, we as a species can be so amazing -- and so very very much the opposite (as you get a glimpse of here).

I wonder if Netflix can squeeze another season (or an additional episode special or two) out of this. Is this story really over? 

As entertained and fascinated by all of this as I was, the stat that there are approximately 2x the number of tigers in captivity in the US alone than the number that are in teh wild is truly depressing. I bet when global figures are tallied, that number is like 15x.

Man, we as a species can be so amazing -- and so very very much the opposite (as you get a glimpse of here).
I think there is plenty to support a further investigation into the disappearance of Carol's husband.  

I think there is plenty to support a further investigation into the disappearance of Carol's husband.  
Meh, not interested. Its been so long that few people would remember anything vital and you know Carole wont cooperate. Ultimately, I feel like it would result in a big nothing burger. 

Not judging anyone for getting caught up in this.  My wife loved this dumpster fire.  I had zero interest.  The whole thing was just dirty.  It was also poorly done.  The timeline was all over the place.  One of the most shocking stories is Joe's drug use and lifestyle, which was happening throughout the first 5 episodes and isn't covered until the last few episodes. 

Putting aside my complaint about the editing, it is crazy this type of show is what catches the attention of the nation.  I know, I know.... get off my lawn.  

Am I crazy in thinking that, while everyone in this show has some major flaws as human beings (save for the campaign manager and the zoo employee who lost their left forearm), Joe is actually the most sympathetic despite all the clear wrong-doing he's done?

I am not sure what I feel for him is sympathy given his own foibles and massive stupidity, but the fact that he's the only person in jail at this time is, well, criminal.

Am I crazy in thinking that, while everyone in this show has some major flaws as human beings (save for the campaign manager and the zoo employee who lost their left forearm), Joe is actually the most sympathetic despite all the clear wrong-doing he's done?

I am not sure what I feel for him is sympathy given his own foibles and massive stupidity, but the fact that he's the only person in jail at this time is, well, criminal.
He’s not the only one who belongs in jail, but he definitely belongs in jail.

huh? His meth was mentioned in a couple episodes early on, plus his lifestyle?  You mean his two husbands?  What the heck did you want them to cover in the first 5 episodes they didn't?
I loved the documentary, but I do get what he's saying a little on that. 

They mentioned drug use earlier, but they clearly waited to reveal the extent. From what I remember, they tied it into revelations that both of his husbands were straight. It did feel slightly misleading after we had the beautiful wedding ceremony early on, and then they wait a few episodes later to say, oh yeah, about that neither are gay, and Joe's just feeding them meth.

It didn't detract from my enjoyment, and certainly it's the storytellers call when/how to reveal stuff. I'd argue there was just so much crazy stuff to address, and they revealed it in a way that made the viewing of it the most compelling.

I loved it, but I could see how that aspect could've been off-putting for some.

Doc is pretty cool

From what I remember, they tied it into revelations that both of his husbands were straight. It did feel slightly misleading after we had the beautiful wedding ceremony early on, and then they wait a few episodes later to say, oh yeah, about that neither are gay, and Joe's just feeding them meth.
I have never done meth, though any drug that will get you so desperate to find a source that you are willing to switch your natural sexual tendencies, get married, get that same-sex spouse's name tattooed all over your body, and be comfortable sharing intimacy in public at any time is one hell-of-a-drug.

My boss has a cousin that is a carny and lives in Oklahoma.  I can't believe he got cut out of the show.

Because of this thread and other threads on the other two forums I visit I somehow convinced my wife to watch this show.

It was awful, we watched the first episode and part of the second. To me this is very similar to duck dynasties, Pawn Stars, or any of the other reality TV shows that feature a redneck lead. I read the story online after I gave up. This is the dumpster fire to end all dumpster fires, but still awful TV.

Because of this thread and other threads on the other two forums I visit I somehow convinced my wife to watch this show.

It was awful, we watched the first episode and part of the second. To me this is very similar to duck dynasties, Pawn Stars, or any of the other reality TV shows that feature a redneck lead. I read the story online after I gave up. This is the dumpster fire to end all dumpster fires, but still awful TV.
He’s a spy for Carole Baskin!

Sacrilege 

We didnt watch the same show. 

For those scoring at home, you cant marry two men, do things married people do and then later claim you arent gay. Im sorry, but Im not buying it. 

Cjw_55106 said:
For those scoring at home, you cant marry two men, do things married people do and then later claim you arent gay. Im sorry, but Im not buying it. 
The way I score it, I think it's reasonable to question, however:

• In practice, seems only Joe was married to two men. You never see or hear of the two other guys hooking up without Joe. In the ceremony, I thought it was interesting that it was a marriage of 3 people, but in the "you may now kiss the bride moment" you saw Joe kiss Travis and John, you do not see John and Travis kiss. I think that is a good indicator of the actual dynamic.
  • Meth apparently makes you do some pretty extraordinary things. 

I wonder if Don Lewis was a drug smuggler?  He supposedly made his money in real estate but it's hard to become a millionaire in real estate without starting off with money from something else.  He was a pilot and lived in South Florida in the 70's and 80's.  And there seems to be an extremely high correlation between drug smugglers and the ownership of exotic wildlife.

I could believe that Don died during some sketchy drug stuff if it weren't for the part about Carole being picked up by her brother and a deputy on the side of the road at 3 a.m. on the night Don disappeared.  She obviously drove his van to the airport and was walking back.  An interesting tidbit not directly discussed in the show is that the first night that Don picked up Carole, he picked her up on Nebraska Avenue which is a street in Tampa where street prostitution is legal now.  Then she goes with him to a motel.  Clearly, she was whoring.

I wonder if Don Lewis was a drug smuggler?  He supposedly made his money in real estate but it's hard to become a millionaire in real estate without starting off with money from something else.  He was a pilot and lived in South Florida in the 70's and 80's.  And there seems to be an extremely high correlation between drug smugglers and the ownership of exotic wildlife.

I could believe that Don died during some sketchy drug stuff if it weren't for the part about Carole being picked up by her brother and a deputy on the side of the road at 3 a.m. on the night Don disappeared.  She obviously drove his van to the airport and was walking back.  An interesting tidbit not directly discussed in the show is that the first night that Don picked up Carole, he picked her up on Nebraska Avenue which is a street in Tampa where street prostitution is legal now.  Then she goes with him to a motel.  Clearly, she was whoring.
Also, they showed a note that Don wrote and in it he spelled "enough" as "enuf"

Call me elitist, but it is really hard to become a legit millionaire with 3rd grade grammar.  Not impossible, but add in costs rica, buried gold bars, and "he had a green thumb for making money" and I'm calling BS.  NONE of these guys were legit: GW was non-profit?  Jeff is listed as "businessman", Carole whoring, Doc's sex slaves, etc.  Hell, Scarface at least OWNED his criminality.  The rest had varying degrees of psychosis that range from: messiah complex (Doc) to complete cognitive dissonance (carole).  Indeed, this group is a psycho-therapist wet dream.  But the one who is most fascinating to me is Howard.  I understand how Joe, Doc, and Jeff prey on the weak, naive, and drug-addled.  But Howard is smart, cultured and cuckolded.  Would love to understand his pre-Carole back story.  Howard is the one I look at and say "how did that happen?  What do I have in my life that I am equally blinded to?"

Joe Exotic hospitalized with Coronavirus that he contracted in prison.  Carole Baskins strikes  again.

Tiger King' star Joe Exotic reveals which Hollywood actors he wants to portray him

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/tiger-king-joe-exotic-hollywood-actors-portray-him

Joe Exotic, the famed and currently incarcerated subject of the wildly popular Netflix docuseries “Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem and Madness,” has an interesting cast of players he would want to portray him if a screenplay on his life story made it to production -- and the list is very short.

"He would like Brad Pitt or David Spade to play him," said Rebecca Chaiklin, one of the filmmakers who brought the project to the masses. "He doesn’t refer to David Spade as David Spade — he refers to him as ‘Joe Dirt,'” she added on Wednesday during an interview with the Hollywood Reporter.

Joe's husband Dillon Passage, told Andy Cohen on Wednesday that the Tiger King hasn’t yet seen the project but is basking in the attention and notoriety he has received since the series began streaming.

“He’s in jail, so he can’t necessarily watch it, but once the show dropped he was getting hundreds and hundreds of emails to his jail mail, and he was ecstatic,” Passage told Cohen.

In the midst of the series’ popularity, Dax Shepard expressed a desire to play Joe Exotic as well as Pitt’s “Fight Club” co-star Edward Norton. The two traded light social media jabs at the idea of playing the figure.

“If I don’t get cast as Joe Exotic in the eventual biopic, Hollywood is broken,” the “Spin the Wheel” host tweeted last month before Norton swooped in to stake his claim to the role. “Um, step aside, pal. You’re way too young and buff and you know it.”

Shepard, quipped back, “😁😁😁😁😁 I’ll go ‘Machinist’ for this,” shouting out Christian Bale’s dramatic weight loss for the 2004 film.

During Passage’s conversation with Cohen on the Bravo star’s SiriusXM show, Passage revealed that Maldonado-Passage entered “COVID-19 isolation” while carrying out his sentence.

We speak like three to five times every day, but since he’s been moved to this new facility, they are putting him on a COVID-19 isolation because of the previous jail he was at, there were cases,” Passage said of his husband. “I’ve yet to speak to him since he moved.”.

BREAKING NEWS!

Looking at the videos in Jeff's Cameo profile, he says that Netflix is adding 1 more episode to air in a few weeks.

https://www.cameo.com/jeff_lowe
 I heard a podcast (maybe it was an article) that there was so much meth abuse by Joe and his crowd that they couldnt focus on it as it would just consume what they were trying to do as a whole for the series. There is also a huge celebrity angle to the story that they just couldnt fit in 7 episodes. Joe bought Michael jacksons alligators, doc hung out with beyonce and brittany etc. Such a crazy story.  There is probably so much content out there but Netflix just wanted to limit it to 7 episodes

Users who are viewing this thread