What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tiger King on Netflix (2 Viewers)

Honestly ‘I saw Tiger’ is better than any pop country song my wife listens to and I’ve been singing it for 3 days. Don’t care if Joe was not the singer. 
What is the status of all of those animals and this new zoo? 

Crap, I forgot to include Rick in my list of decent people.

I wasn't convinced he had anything to do with the fire, and he did what he said he could for Joe's show as far as production.

edit: quote delete fail 

Last edited by a moderator:
So I heard all the hubbub about Tiger King and decided to give it a try.  I heard several people talk about how funny it is, that they were crying with laughter (particularly the first 3 episodes).  Through 2 episodes, I have a wave of sadness washing over me.  I feel genuinely sorry for these people and the lives they've lived (and been led into).  There is a lot of hurt in the world, and there are a lot of people who will exploit it.  Not sure I want to finish the rest of the series.

Hell, the Walmart truck hasn't been mentioned.

We don't care about poor people.

Spent last two nights plowing through this ####show.  Good grief. 

Outside of the two people missing limbs and the original docu-producer guy, they just need to napalm every single person in this series. 
Include the lady with half an arm, and I’m on board. 

Sounds like the cub petting sessions are the biggest draw/money makers at these places.  Trying to not be too hypocritical because I would love to play with a tiger cub for a while.  :shrug:   It is sad to think about what happens to the cubs after they are "aged-out."

Sounds like the cub petting sessions are the biggest draw/money makers at these places.  Trying to not be too hypocritical because I would love to play with a tiger cub for a while.  :shrug:   It is sad to think about what happens to the cubs after they are "aged-out."
Agreed. Truly sad if the allegations about Doc euthanizing them in a gas chamber and then cremating the bodies on site is true. 

I thought Joes first husband, the kid with three teeth was a pretty sympathetic character. Law enforcement looks pretty bad here. Is there really any doubt Carole killed her husband? Car broke down at 3 am the night he went missing? No problem, just picking up some milk for the cats. Also any doubt Joe flamed his own studio?

I thought Joes first husband, the kid with three teeth was a pretty sympathetic character. Law enforcement looks pretty bad here. Is there really any doubt Carole killed her husband? Car broke down at 3 am the night he went missing? No problem, just picking up some milk for the cats. Also any doubt Joe flamed his own studio?
You always have to be leery of how everything is presented. Of course the way they unfold the story she obviously killed him, but they spent an hour unfolding their entire relationship and his murder. I’m sure there’s tons of details left out. 

What I can reasonably do though is acknowledge that she’s a loon. 

Wow, now that you mention it, I wonder if Joe was "impersonating" that producer's walk to frame him

The fact Prince Albert and padlocks have not yet been mentioned is a testament to how truly #&$*÷# up this show really is.
By the time that happened, I was in such a state of general shock that it didn't even register like it should've. 
With everything else going on, it was pretty much :yawn:   no surprise.  Would anyone be surprised to find out Joe was bathing in tiger urine for it's healing properties?  My reaction would have been, "makes sense :mellow:  "

These places really are cult-like.  Doc and his multiple "wives".  People willing to work crazy long hours in poor conditions in exchange for ####ty living conditions, low pay and a chance to eat some expired meat off a Walmart truck.  I get that >90% are probably felons and would have trouble finding work elsewhere, but still pretty rough.  Saff lost part of her arm and probably could have got a nice settlement but wanted to keep her job.

Other than Carole, where did these people get the money to begin with?  Drug dealers?  Start very small with a few animals and keep growing?  I guess you have to give them credit for growing the business, and cub petting may be more lucrative than I thought.

Those places have to stink something awful.  Even at a nice zoo the cat complexes can smell bad on a hot summer day.

pollardsvision said:
Dax Shepherd on Twitter angling for the Joe Exotic role.

Sadly, the absolute, no doubt about it perfect person to play Doc would've been Phillip Seymour Hoffman. 
I think this is Walton Goggins' role to lose.  The guy has the build, an accent and has played over the top a number of times. Uncle Baby Billy and Lee Russell are great characters. Googins has the charisma and flair to pull off Joe Exotic. 

https://people.com/style/tiger-king-star-joe-exotic-ex-husband-john-finlay-new-teeth/

Tiger King Star Joe Exotic's Ex-Husband John Finlay Shows Off His New Teeth (SEE PIC)

John Finlay claims Netflix captured footage of his transformation, but it didn't make the final cut of Tiger King.

If you’ve been binge-watching Netflix’s new hit docuseries, Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem and Madness, you probably can’t stop talking about it. PEOPLE super-fans have their own slack channel dedicated to the show.  (And if you haven’t watched yet, that’s your homework assignment this weekend. Don’t read any further, because, spoilers.)

The series follows Joseph Maldonado-Passage, who goes by “Joe Exotic,” as he attempts to claw his way to the top of America’s big cat community with his zoo, entangling himself in a murder for hire plot — and so much more. The audience is introduced to Maldonado-Passage’s lovers, including his now ex-husband John Finlay. And with the show gaining plenty of national attention, Finlay wants the world to see his glow-up.

Finlay, who was candid about his use of methamphetamines during his relationship with Maldonado-Passage, was filmed in the series with multiple missing teeth. However, in a new photo obtained by TMZ, Finlay revealed that he underwent a dental transformation thanks to dentures in July 2019.

He also told TMZ that the cause of his missing teeth was not from drug use (he said he hasn’t used any in six years), but a result of genetics.

According to TMZ, Netflix obtained video and photos of Finlay with his new teeth after getting the dentures, but the network chose not to air any of that footage in the final cut of Tiger King.

After Tiger King began streaming on Netflix, Finlay created a fan account on Facebook called “The Truth About John Finlay,” which led many to believe he wasn’t a fan of his depiction on the series.

:lmao:

started this last night. Now playing his songs over youtube while surfing the intenets. Can't wait to pick this back up. 

Anyone that would go to the "Waco" card is clearly not stable. 

. PEOPLE super-fans have their own slack channel dedicated to the show.  (And if you haven’t watched yet, that’s your homework assignment this weekend. Don’t read any further, because, spoilers.)

:lmao:
W. T. H. ? 

eoMMan said:
Thanks for the confirmation -- the thought hit my head the very first time they showed his video in, what, Ep1? That can't be his voice. 

Became even more apparent in Ep 3 or 4 when he's in his truck singing along to his own tunes -- he couldn't carry a tune and his pitch and timbre was completely different than what was playing. 

Thanks @DMXATF23. Not all heroes wear capes.   :thumbup:

And how does Joe and the other people in the areas with the big cats NOT get attacked more often?

I get that they are trainers and experienced but still.

Remember the meat was not necessarily expired. If the customer says at the check out 'I don't want this' it can't go back on the shelf. Joe was very clear about this. Now enjoy our meat lovers pizza.
And if you can’t trust Joe who can you trust!?

Just watched 2 episodes with the wife. I could not have been more bored. None of this interests me. 

I think this is Walton Goggins' role to lose.  The guy has the build, an accent and has played over the top a number of times. Uncle Baby Billy and Lee Russell are great characters. Googins has the charisma and flair to pull off Joe Exotic. 
David Spade has already played he prototype role of Joe Exotic in Joe Dirt. Throw in Will Ferrell as Doc Antie as others have suggested and you already have Kate McKinnon signed on as Carole Baskin. I think you will have the appropriate actors portraying these characters.

David Spade has already played he prototype role of Joe Exotic in Joe Dirt. Throw in Will Ferrell as Doc Antie as others have suggested and you already have Kate McKinnon signed on as Carole Baskin. I think you will have the appropriate actors portraying these characters.
Ferrell as Doc Antle is PERFECT

I actually think Carole's dad may have killed her husband.  Either way she was involved.

ETA* looked more into her father, who passed away a few years ago.  I think he may have been involved, and it was likely the two of them.  They likely needed two people to drop his van off at the rural airport.  Also, her father had already been building stuff at Wildlife on Easy street.  Her site has videos dedicated to him, and how he was the master builder that built the place from ground up.  The idea of Don Wallace leaving his daughter in the middle of the night to go to Costa Rica could have made him want to kill the guy.  Don sounded like a rich scumbag, so I'm sure Carole wouldn't have had tell her father much to make him hate the guy.

I actually think Carole's dad may have killed her husband.  Either way she was involved.

ETA* looked more into her father, who passed away a few years ago.  I think he may have been involved, and it was likely the two of them.  They likely needed two people to drop his van off at the rural airport.  Also, her father had already been building stuff at Wildlife on Easy street.  Her site has videos dedicated to him, and how he was the master builder that built the place from ground up.  The idea of Don Wallace leaving his daughter in the middle of the night to go to Costa Rica could have made him want to kill the guy.  Don sounded like a rich scumbag, so I'm sure Carole wouldn't have had tell her father much to make him hate the guy.
Maybe I had such disdain for Carole that this went by me? Other than obviously cheating on his wife/wives, what did they show that would make him a scumbag? I'm not suggesting that wouldnt be enough, Im just asking what i missed or forgot about? 

Users who are viewing this thread