What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Small Business Support Group (1 Viewer)

I'm going for PPP because I'm only trying to cover payroll and that's the one with the chance of forgiveness. I'm willing to absorb my other costs.
I thought on the EIDL you get a grant ("loan advance") for a certain amount that's forgivable?

Things like building rent, utilities, debt servicing, overhead, cost of operation, etc. And those wouldn't be fully forgiven.
But reading if you're approved for the EIDL grant it would be forgiven up to 10k. So if I have minimal overhead then I should be applying the PPP and not the EIDL? Or both? And last question, what if the lockdown lasts longer than 2 months? You can't use any funds to cover expenses that may accrue at that time? Thanks.

Thank you for your patience. We know it is frustrating to have to wait for the cash you need.  We are still waiting on final guidance from the U.S. Treasury and the Small Business Administration to implement this program, and until we have that guidance, we do not have the confidence in the system to process applications.

At this point, very few banks have decided to process applications.  Most, like us, are waiting on the final guidance. Those that are processing are often having issues. While we could take your application, that would not be fair to you as you cannot apply with multiple banks and we don't want to reduce your options.  Further, we believe that by going slow now, we can go faster later and not only get your loan proceeds to you as fast as we can but also not jeopardize your ability to have all or part of the loan forgiven.

As we learn more about the Program specifics and requested documentation, we are updating our website. Be sure to check back regularly.

We continue to plan on taking applications early this coming week and will update you tomorrow on the progress.
Update from my bank at 5 eastern today. 

But reading if you're approved for the EIDL grant it would be forgiven up to 10k. So if I have minimal overhead then I should be applying the PPP and not the EIDL? Or both? And last question, what if the lockdown lasts longer than 2 months? You can't use any funds to cover expenses that may accrue at that time? Thanks.
Low overhead is why I'm going the PPP route. Another reason is because the interest on anything not forgiven (if any) is lower on the PPP (1.0%) versus the EIDL (3.75%). Honestly when I heard about the chance at 100% forgiveness with PPP, the lower rate, and my low overhead, I ruled out the EIDL right then and there so I don't have as much info on that one.

No worries about the questions, ask away anytime.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh and regarding the lockdown going beyond 2 months, I don't think there's an answer for that yet when it comes to these programs. Perhaps they'll fund it more at that time if this is still going.

Oh and regarding the lockdown going beyond 2 months, I don't think there's an answer for that yet when it comes to these programs. Perhaps they'll fund it more at that time if this is still going.
Looking at BofA website they're saying I can't apply because i don't have a small business account with them. I don't have a business account anywhere. Am I SoL?

Looking at BofA website they're saying I can't apply because i don't have a small business account with them. I don't have a business account anywhere. Am I SoL?
I don't know unfortunately, I sure hope you're not SoL. Let me see what I can find.

Initial thought researching this would be to contact a smaller local bank on Monday and see if they'll let you open an account and then apply with them for one of the SBA programs. My guess is someone will oblige but they might want you to bring all of your banking to them.

I bank with BofA. They say not eligible because I don't have a small business account with them.
Unfortunately I think the reality is that lo a of banks are going to be so overwhelmed with applications that they’ll come up with reasons why you shouldn’t/can’t submit through them.  There is no requirement of needing a “small business account” that I’m aware of.  Pull up the list of SBA Approved lenders in your state and start calling places first thing Monday morning. You’ll find one that will put you in their queue.m would be my guess.

Initial thought researching this would be to contact a smaller local bank on Monday and see if they'll let you open an account and then apply with them for one of the SBA programs. My guess is someone will oblige but they might want you to bring all of your banking to them.
I can't apply until Friday anyway. BofA saying no. Chase saying no because no business checking account with them.

I bank with BofA. They say not eligible because I don't have a small business account with them.
I'm seeing a lot of people denied by BofA for simply never having taken out a business loan even with a small business account. I also saw someone denied because they didn't have a business credit card. Those aren't valid reasons to deny this and I don't think the reason you're being given is valid either. I see a whole lot of people complaining about BofA on Twitter. And those complaints are being copied to Senators and to Secretary Mnuchin.

The explanation BofA is giving is that all these applications are being rejected right now because they need more guidance from the SBA and the federal government. In other words it's a train wreck. If this gets straightened out, my hope is that you'll no longer be denied.

I can't apply until Friday anyway. BofA saying no. Chase saying no because no business checking account with them.
See my reply right after you posted this. Still hope. Apparently they're denying just about everything right now in a blanket manner. They're supposedly waiting on more guidance.

Unfortunately I think the reality is that lo a of banks are going to be so overwhelmed with applications that they’ll come up with reasons why you shouldn’t/can’t submit through them.  There is no requirement of needing a “small business account” that I’m aware of.  Pull up the list of SBA Approved lenders in your state and start calling places first thing Monday morning. You’ll find one that will put you in their queue.m would be my guess.
What a hassle.

Bank of America being "first" with this and their name being "first" out of Trump's mouth the other day probably isn't helping their existing customers one iota.

Bank of America being "first" with this and their name being "first" out of Trump's mouth the other day probably isn't helping their existing customers one iota.
Yeah the rush to be the first to have their portal available is not working out very well. It took an hour over the phone on hold, but I'm starting to feel better about US Bank making sure their ducks are in order before opening up their portal.

This has been a cluster all day.  Banks are not supposed to have their own eligibility requirement, but that’s BoA for you.  I was told my portal was up at 5p, but i don’t know if we have requirements.  I am not sure what happens if you don’t have a DDA.  BB and CIB customers have different portals.  Those with active RMs may have better luck accessing info.  This is a govt program administered by banks, as gatekeepers, only.  There should be no declines, just ineligibles.  Every minute it changes.

Make sure you have a beneficial ownership form completed and ready to go too.  AML/KYC nonsense still in full effect.

Curious if anyone has had the request approved WITHOUT an outstanding loan with the bank they applied through?

While looking into Bank of America for Nipsey, I'm seeing reports that BofA is denying everyone EXCEPT small businesses that have a current business loan with them. The implication being that BofA is prioritizing those who owe them money. That's clearly not what this program is designed for. But it appears big banks are going to big bank.

I tuned in our new and revised application and supporting documentation on Friday.  

Spoke to my bank rep today (Saturday).  She is taking the applications,  cleaning them up,  then getting them all into underwriting and pre-approved status. 

Portal can be open any day now.  She said they’ll be ready to roll when it is. 

I’ve noticed a lot of friends who work with Wells Fargo and other banks have the old SBA PPP form.  If anyone wants to latest/greatest application that came out of Friday,  I’ll be glad to send it to you via email.  Send me a PM. 

Curious if anyone has had the request approved WITHOUT an outstanding loan with the bank they applied through?

While looking into Bank of America for Nipsey, I'm seeing reports that BofA is denying everyone EXCEPT small businesses that have a current business loan with them. The implication being that BofA is prioritizing those who owe them money. That's clearly not what this program is designed for. But it appears big banks are going to big bank.
Our non-profit just recently opened a small biz account with them and tried to apply.  We were denied for having no current loan plus not being a customer for long enough due to AML/KYC issues.

We're stuck waiting for Citizens to get their act together.

:(

Our non-profit just recently opened a small biz account with them and tried to apply.  We were denied for having no current loan plus not being a customer for long enough due to AML/KYC issues.

We're stuck waiting for Citizens to get their act together.

US Bank invitation finally came and mine was declined due to eligibility as well. And I have no earthly idea how I'm not eligible. When I was on the phone with US Bank asking where the invitation was, they did say that someone would contact me if declined for whatever reason. I sure hope it's just glitches. This was supposed to help ALL small businesses not just the ones who owe their lenders money.

• Sad
Reactions: Ned
People on twitter saying won't hear back on EIDL decision for 3-4 weeks. Everyone having issues with PPP.  Rubio saying Paypal may be certified to process these sometime this week?

Received a text from our banker this morning that our PPP application was approved by our bank and the SBA for the full amount requested and that we should receive paperwork this week.  Unbelievably huge stress relief.  I feel like drinking.  That said, I will actually believe it when executed loan docs are in hand.  

I hope these work out for all of us.  Good luck all.  I will keep you guys posted how the process from this stage forward plays out for my small business.

Question (for a friend of mine):

He owns a LLC and it is registered in the state of Illinois.

He owns properties under the LLC. One of his tenants is moving out at the end of April and getting new tenants is likely to be difficult right now. There will likely be additional attrition as time goes on and the economy is shut down.

Is there any grant help for that situation or could this be considered small business.

Let me know if anyone needs any clarification and/or any answers on this.

Thank you!

cubd8 said:
Question (for a friend of mine):

He owns a LLC and it is registered in the state of Illinois.

He owns properties under the LLC. One of his tenants is moving out at the end of April and getting new tenants is likely to be difficult right now. There will likely be additional attrition as time goes on and the economy is shut down.

Is there any grant help for that situation or could this be considered small business.

Let me know if anyone needs any clarification and/or any answers on this.

Thank you!
Not that I know of.  I own some rental properties too and have a tenant moving out in June.  As far as I know I'm on my own there.  That said, I own a business that qualifies for PPP separate from that so I haven't done a ton of research into LLC structure and what requirements are there.  I also figured that since I'm getting PPP I wouldn't qualify elsewhere, especially for passive income.  But from the property owners I hear from right now none are expressing any knowledge of a way to cover lost revenues.

SayWhat? said:
Received a text from our banker this morning that our PPP application was approved by our bank and the SBA for the full amount requested and that we should receive paperwork this week.  
E-Z Glider said:
Got the same email this morning from our bank.  :thumbup:
Shula-holic said:
Absolutely the same here.  
Have you received an SBA loan number?

Have you received an SBA loan number?
Nothing from my bank. But it was late Friday night when I got everything uploaded. I only so far have an application number and an email in to my banker hoping for a follow up from him tomorrow. 

Those of you who have reduced salary levels, what percentage did you drop?  Did ownership stop talking salary first or reduce same percentage as employees? 

Received this from our accounting firm:

Contractors are now not eligible for PPP loan calculation. Independent contractors have the ability to apply for a PPP loan on their own so they do not count for purposes of a borrower’s PPP loan calculation.

Yep. Essentially you're paying yourself what you would've been paid over the next 2 months. And you're showing that by providing records of past income.
Would this be salary + dividends?  My wife is an LLC and filed as an SCorp so each paycheck she pays herself a salary amount and a dividend amount for tax purposes. Our accountant set it up that way. I’m assuming she would file only for the salary portion?

Would this be salary + dividends?  My wife is an LLC and filed as an SCorp so each paycheck she pays herself a salary amount and a dividend amount for tax purposes. Our accountant set it up that way. I’m assuming she would file only for the salary portion?
I'm assuming the same but it doesn't hurt to calculate using the combined number. Your bank is going to require docs to back up the number your wife provides and they just might accept the dividend amount added to the salary amount. It doesn't hurt to try.

Users who are viewing this thread