What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 College football thread - It's the offseason, yo. (1 Viewer)

Can't tell if it breaks the plane first.   It must stand.   Rar rar rar.  I can't believe he got the ball as far as he did.   

Hoosier daddy! what.  what balls.  Indiana HC shoots to the top of the hot coaches looking for an upgrade.  

like Tom Herman? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Insein said:
It is not but like I said they won't overturn it. Franklin deserves this. Why don't you go for 2 to go up 9? That is ####### elementary level math 
I think that should be the convention based on math but I think the vast majority  of coaches kick and go up 8.  As you can see, Indiana would have gone for two and if he scored and missed his 2-PT and lost to theirs then I think he gets crucified.

I think that should be the convention based on math but I think the vast majority  of coaches kick and go up 8.  As you can see, Indiana would have gone for two and if he scored and missed his 2-PT and lost to theirs then I think he gets crucified.
If they missed the 2 ptr and they're still up 7. They can stop Indiana on the play. Get the 2 ptr and games over.

If they missed the 2 ptr and they're still up 7. They can stop Indiana on the play. Get the 2 ptr and games over.
Not following.  I’m saying if they ended up going up 7 (and not 9) and then lose to a TD + 2 PT that Franklin would get brutalized.  Not saying he should - I agree with you that the math may favor going for it - but I don’t doubt he would take a lot of heat.

Nevermind - I understand your point now.  I don’t disagree that the math may have dictated that being the right choice.  Would like to see it - either way he knew he’d get crucified if he didn’t go up 8 and lost.

Last edited by a moderator:
Crazy finish for Indiana.  Penix Sr. was at Tennessee Tech when i was in school.  We played against a bunch of football players in intramural basketball once...pretty sure it was Penix Sr who took a rebound on free throw and slammed it easily.  I remember half boxing out and looking up and seeing a guy flying in over everyone.  Just crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread