What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 College Football Thread: FSU and Clemson sue ACC for making them share a conference with SMU (1 Viewer)

Thoughts on Chip bailing for OSU, as a coordinator no less?
As a Scarlet and Gray fan, I tend to see things through Scarlet and Gray glasses.

I wanted them to get an offensive coordinator and was happy about the Bob hire. Was sad to see him leave, and the timing was comical, but I get it.

I think Chip is a pretty good consolation prize, especially with the timing. The cupboard is full and he is a great offensive mind. I think they have a tremendous year!

Both he and UCLA knew he was a lame duck. I expect him to bolt in a year or two but I think that was the plan with Bob also. I think they are trying to get Brian Hartline some more seasoning and training and he is either the next call player when Chip leaves.

Or this ends in disaster.

pretty funny....I think we've seen that his offenses are pretty pedestrian sans the gimmick of the speed he runs them at. There's not a lot to them. I'd also be shocked if Ryan turns over the play-calling duties so I'm not sure if it matters who the OC is there.

pretty funny....I think we've seen that his offenses are pretty pedestrian sans the gimmick of the speed he runs them at. There's not a lot to them. I'd also be shocked if Ryan turns over the play-calling duties so I'm not sure if it matters who the OC is there.
I think Ryan recognizes he can’t do it all and he has to delegate. I hope he turns it all over and improves in game management and decisions.

With the Kelly news this week it was revealed that he interviewed for the UC job last year but they will with Scott Satterfield instead. :sadbanana:

Lame duck or not, seeing a HC if a Power 2/3 leave to be an OC of the same Power 2/3 was…unexpected.

Oh and Big Ten football is OSU and Oregon this year, yeah?

Has Oregon's trench play on defense been addressed/improved in the off-season? Washington's ground game would be the floor of what to expect in the B1G. Especially as you get closer to the end of the year.

Has Oregon's trench play on defense been addressed/improved in the off-season?
It was very good last year. Only issue against Washington last year was when their best D Lineman got hurt in 1st series of Pac 12 championship game and was out for game. Oregon played multiple 4-5 star true freshman last year, had multiple high 4 star/5 star 2024 recruits signed on d line in this years class. Also got a big D line from Houston this offseason. It will be the strength of the team on defense going forward.

It was very good last year. Only issue against Washington last year was when their best D Lineman got hurt in 1st series of Pac 12 championship game and was out for game. Oregon played multiple 4-5 star true freshman last year, had multiple high 4 star/5 star 2024 recruits signed on d line in this years class. Also got a big D line from Houston this offseason. It will be the strength of the team on defense going forward.
Thanks....last I had seen they werent top50 in pass defense (yards, completions etc) or top 20 overall...thats why I asked. Ground game is diff in the B1G and you have to be able to get good pressure with 4 in the passing game. Looks like they have no excuses coming in though...at least talent wise.

Thanks....last I had seen they werent top50 in pass defense (yards, completions etc) or top 20 overall...thats why I asked. Ground game is diff in the B1G and you have to be able to get good pressure with 4 in the passing game. Looks like they have no excuses coming in though...at least talent wise.

Hold up......SOME of the ground game is different in the Big10. Michigan, Ohio State and maybe Penn St, yeah, those are different animals. Do you think anybody leaving the Pac12 for the Big10 is concerned with Iowa, Minnesota, Illinois, Nebraska, Rutgers, Northwestern? I mean, these are road apples.

Hold up......SOME of the ground game is different in the Big10. Michigan, Ohio State and maybe Penn St, yeah, those are different animals. Do you think anybody leaving the Pac12 for the Big10 is concerned with Iowa, Minnesota, Illinois, Nebraska, Rutgers, Northwestern? I mean, these are road apples.

I look forward to the November night game of ORE at Iowa game where Iowa punts 12 times, gets 3 turnovers, two safeties, and wins 11-7. And Duck fans go, "What the hell just happened?"

The conversation was about winning the B1G.....those teams you list arent on that path.

Dont worry....all those 4 and 5 stars, they should be fine. Look what Michigan did with 3 and 4 stars.

I look forward to the November night game of ORE at Iowa game where Iowa punts 12 times, gets 3 turnovers, two safeties, and wins 11-7. And Duck fans go, "What the hell just happened?"

:lmao:

Probably true.

The conversation was about winning the B1G.....those teams you list arent on that path.

Dont worry....all those 4 and 5 stars, they should be fine. Look what Michigan did with 3 and 4 stars.

I'm looking forward to it, but I'm going to miss the old Pac12. I think Oregon matches up well with the top of the Big10 but this current iteration is going to run roughshod over the bottom feeders of the conference. I watch quite a bit of Big 10 football since it's on at 9am PT and, uh.....jesus. Some of it is BAD. Really bad.

Lame duck or not, seeing a HC if a Power 2/3 leave to be an OC of the same Power 2/3 was…unexpected.

Add in Michigan and Penn State and you have 4 solid teams next year

Buddy of the guy I split tickets with is the GM of the Graduate. Ohio State bought all the rooms for the game. We're on a "cancelation" list but I'll probably just crash at one of my sons' places.

Add in Michigan and Penn State and you have 4 solid teams next year

Buddy of the guy I split tickets with is the GM of the Graduate. Ohio State bought all the rooms for the game. We're on a "cancelation" list but I'll probably just crash at one of my sons' places.
I am sure we will see a lot of Ohio State fans at the game. The owner of the Graduate has a son that plays baseball on my son's high school baseball team.

My dream is to see a crazy billionaire adopt a team like SouthWest Nevada State and put a few hundred million into the program - huge salaries, top facilities, penthouse suites, hookers, lambos, etc. - hire Deon, steal all the top players at every position from across the country and build it into a dominant powerhouse overnight.
Someone explain why this wouldn't be fantastic

No it wasn't. You started the tangent with this: "Has Oregon's trench play on defense been addressed/improved in the off-season? Washington's ground game would be the floor of what to expect in the B1G. Especially as you get closer to the end of the year."

If you meant that they would need to improve their trench play to win the B1G, you didn't say that. :shrug:

No it wasn't. You started the tangent with this: "Has Oregon's trench play on defense been addressed/improved in the off-season? Washington's ground game would be the floor of what to expect in the B1G. Especially as you get closer to the end of the year."

If you meant that they would need to improve their trench play to win the B1G, you didn't say that. :shrug:
ok

Just putting this out there as it seems FSU to B1G is inevitable and likely happen in 2024.

FSUs ACC exit hinges on a bidding war as up to 10 financial institutions will soon bid in half a billion dollars in bonds as FSU Athletic Dept is looking to secure funds to consolidate old debt, renovate their stadium, and find a new home.

Shawn Elliott stepping down as Georgia State head coach and coming back to be an assistant at South Carolina. His interim tenure as head coach after Spurrier left didn't go great, but his family still lives in Columbia and he is very well liked by the fans.

My dream is to see a crazy billionaire adopt a team like SouthWest Nevada State and put a few hundred million into the program - huge salaries, top facilities, penthouse suites, hookers, lambos, etc. - hire Deon, steal all the top players at every position from across the country and build it into a dominant powerhouse overnight.
Someone explain why this wouldn't be fantastic
Like real-life Blue Mountain State.

Alabama hires Baylor O line coach Chris Kapilovic and assistant Linebacker coach Christian Robinson. Two weeks ago Baylor fans were still debating if Kapilovic was a good hire considering how statistically his oline and run game was worse than Baylor’s.

Oh we’ll still have special advisor Gary Patterson in the box.

So under the new 5+7 playoff, who would have been in this past season?

Now it is top 5 conf. champs, instead of 6:

Off topic, but regarding the thread title, I suspect there are some folks starting to feel the same way about Indiana's basketball NIL fund. Eesh.

So under the new 5+7 playoff, who would have been in this past season?

Now it is top 5 conf. champs, instead of 6:

:thumbup:

I see no provision in the new rules for ND either. If they ever figure out how to get to #1 in the country ever again, based on the rules I see, they'd be the 5 seed as the top four seeds go to the top 4 ranked conference champions.

see no provision in the new rules for ND either. If they ever figure out how to get to #1 in the country ever again, based on the rules I see, they'd be the 5 seed as the top four seeds go to the top 4 ranked conference champions.
ND will never get a bye and will have to win 4 games to win it all . Their best could get them a home game vs the #12 team. But since they don't have a conference championship game that does give them a bye of sorts before the opening round.

Users who are viewing this thread