What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 College football thread - It's the offseason, yo. (4 Viewers)

Someone 'sprain this to me. He's opting out of a postponed season? Does it mean "I'm not playing in Spring"? Or "I'm not worried about classes/ eligibility "?

Timing of statement seems odd. 

@Brett_McMurphy: Oregon OT Penei Sewell says he opting out of this season for 2021 NFL Draft

Someone 'sprain this to me. He's opting out of a postponed season? Does it mean "I'm not playing in Spring"? Or "I'm not worried about classes/ eligibility "?

Timing of statement seems odd. 

@Brett_McMurphy: Oregon OT Penei Sewell says he opting out of this season for 2021 NFL Draft
Same thing as Parsons.  Not playing if/when there's a season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Moment of Truth for the B1G

* I don’t think Warren or the Big Ten presidents wanted to make a knee jerk reaction to Trump’s call and give any appearance that pressure was brought to bring Big Ten football back. Of course, there are some who say the Aug. 11 decision to cancel the season may have been a knee jerk reaction.

Documents found in the Nebraska lawsuit show some of the presidents may not have fully consulted with their board of trustees to make a decision for their schools.

* There is a school of thought that Warren and the presidents fear looking weak by going back on their decision to cancel – even if such a decision would widely (and wildly) be viewed as a popular decision across the Midwest.
* It’s obvious there will be heavy financial losses – even if Big Ten teams can play a fall season. Still, the fall season would allow the league schools to realize most of the $55 million they receive in television money from the Big Ten. Without fans, a school like Ohio State would be out roughly $70 million from gate receipts and other revenue sources.

I will say the Big Ten commissioner and presidents didn’t give the financial impact much of a thought in this decision. Maybe they really did this for the health and well being of the coaches and athletes. Maybe they had ulterior motives, though, as well. We would not know because nobody has answered any questions.

:oldunsure: Hmmm.....I'm pretty sure I've seen pictures of them in pads from late spring / early summer, but maybe not.
Unless they've changed the rules in the past ~10 years, I don't believe teams are allowed to practice in pads in late spring/early summer.  Once spring ball ends and until camp starts, they're not supposed to have sanctioned team practices.  I would be extremely surprised if these teams are going through contact drills right now.  Usually teams don't start contact drills until a week+ into camp; not sure why they would risk injuries just having guys pummel on each other with no actual games on the horizon.  They're probably running non-contact drills, 7-on-7s, 1-on-1s, basic blocking handwork/footwork, plyo, stuff like that.  But I could be wrong.

Of course, nothing's stopping some guys from going out there in the midsummer and running some impromptu drills with pads on, but it can't be organized/run by the school or the coaching staff.  The players would have to organize it entirely themselves.  They might not even be allowed to do it using team facilities....everything else is an NCAA infraction, that probably is too.

That said, who knows what the hell the rules are anymore this year.

Getting tired of all the Big 10 voting, not voting, starting, not starting rumors.  It was entertaining/interesting at first, now it is just annoying.  To be honest I'm probably most annoyed with my own team's fans.  Not the first time.  

Adjust your Saturday plans accordingly 

@richarddeitsch: As has been reported by multiple places, the Baylor-Louisiana Tech scheduled to air on FOX at Noon ET on Saturday has been postponed. 

Now, per sources: FOX is likely to move Arkansas State at Kansas State from 3:30 PM ET on FS1 to Noon ET on FOX.

Getting tired of all the Big 10 voting, not voting, starting, not starting rumors.  It was entertaining/interesting at first, now it is just annoying.  To be honest I'm probably most annoyed with my own team's fans.  Not the first time.  
You could be a PAC12 fan where 3-4/5ths of your govs/presidents are so anti-orange they would NEVER consider admitting they're wrong.  Trust me.  It's worse.

Adjust your Saturday plans accordingly 

@richarddeitsch: As has been reported by multiple places, the Baylor-Louisiana Tech scheduled to air on FOX at Noon ET on Saturday has been postponed. 

Now, per sources: FOX is likely to move Arkansas State at Kansas State from 3:30 PM ET on FS1 to Noon ET on FOX.
Give it to me.

Bump.

I know it's been said the last few years, but this might be Corso's last season.

Going to watch Louisiana vs ISU for a bit.  Any other games worth watching this weekend?

Bump.

I know it's been said the last few years, but this might be Corso's last season.

Going to watch Louisiana vs ISU for a bit.  Any other games worth watching this weekend?
I have Syracuse/UNC on now. Seems like the only other Power 5 games are ND/Duke and Wake/Clemson tonight.

Brian Kelly offense in midseason form: 3 straight 3 and outs to start the season, 7 total yards of offense in the first quarter. 

Just announced after they showed those offensive stats that Brian Kelly has been extended through the 2024 season. That means he’ll be the longest tenured coach ever, besting Rockne. That one is hard to believe. 

Baylor and Houston finalizing discussions today to play each other next week.  Who needs 10 years in advance to schedule someone?

Users who are viewing this thread