What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tucker Carlson Has Highest-Rated Program In Cable News History (2 Viewers)

Same here.  two.  It sucked.  This was also covered in Tuckers show.
They also had about 1 week around here to cobble together some sort of game plan for online school.  I'd be willing to bet that after that experience and a summer to prepare, it will be a bit better.  

I just think its odd that Trump doesn't seem to want to lead the country for covid and leaves it up to states and counties to decide, but is now saying schools have to do do it a certain way or lose funding? 

My prediction is deaths will go up and death rate will go down and folks will still be arguing.  Rinse repeat while hotspots implement temporary measures.
My understanding is the virus also evolves and its job is to infect more people, not necessarily kill more people.  So it gets more contagious but a little less deadly over time.  Of course that's not to say that's it isn't still dangerous or the deaths drop to 0.  

Look the teachers have a job to do, teach, evidence so far is leaning towards it safe to open schools. Dr’s are for it. If teachers and teachers unions don’t want to do their job then no they should not get funding. Pretty simple it seems to me. 
These decisions are being made by the State Govt and local school districts (as they should) and not unions. It has nothing to do with that.

jon_mx said:
I thought Joy Reid was hacked.  By making things right, you mean lying about it?
IIRC, she later admitted to it and apologized.  But, who really gives half a crap about Joy Reid? I don't.  You don't. You're intentionally missing the point of my post.

IIRC, she later admitted to it and apologized.  But, who really gives half a crap about Joy Reid? I don't.  You don't. You're intentionally missing the point of my post.
She apologized, but still maintained she did not believe she wrote them.   I am not missing the point, I am pointing out the selective outrage and guilt by association which some seem to be applying here.  

She apologized, but still maintained she did not believe she wrote them.   I am not missing the point, I am pointing out the selective outrage and guilt by association which some seem to be applying here.  
I'm not even sure what she actually apologized for if she didn't take responsibility.

Herb said:
Try to follow me here, as this may be a foreign concept:

Some people think, do and say stupid things, then later on in life realize that they were thinking, doing and saying stupid things. Then they CHANGE THEIR MIND, apologize, and try to make it right. You are not beholden to the stupid things from your past. You can change your opinions.

This happens with most adults. It's actually quite liberating, I've done it many times. I expect there to be a groundswell of individuals in the US practicing this simple concept in approximately 4 months.
Do you believe that Joy Reid changed her mind on her views if she disputed that she even wrote the things attributed to her? Seems like an odd argument to make.

I'm not even sure what she actually apologized for if she didn't take responsibility.
She apologized for "a number of incendiary posts", which just left it ambiguous to what she was actually talking about.  So she half admitted she said some offensive things, without actually admitting she was responsible for all the posts.  That would never fly from someone on the right.

She apologized for "a number of incendiary posts", which just left it ambiguous to what she was actually talking about.  So she half admitted she said some offensive things, without actually admitting she was responsible for all the posts.  That would never fly from someone on the right.
That's not an apology then if she's trying to be the victim at the same time. She got away with that though.

I suppose there may be some selective outrage, but not by me. Again, no one cares about Joy Reid. I'm using her as a means to attempt making my point. It's okay to make stupid, ignorant, uninformed mistakes. Learn from them. Change behavior. Allow reality to influence your opinions. 

By extension, Tucker is racist and must be cancelled.
I haven't paid too much attention, but there doesn't seem to be much of a reaction. Obviously, there's no chance Carlson will be cancelled, and doesn't seem like anybody cares that much.

However you slice it, it's a pretty terrible look. I don't think too many FOX fans will read that CNN article, but for most people that would, it's very unsettling to say the least. 

But this is the brilliance of convincing people all news but ours is fake. Even though, it's pretty clear what happened, and everyone seems to agree on the story, 40% of the population will write off as a fake news witch hunt. 

Does the case of Tucker Carlson's head writer Blake Neff count as "cancel culture"?  I'd guess Neff is going to have a tough time finding a new job. 

I haven't paid too much attention, but there doesn't seem to be much of a reaction. Obviously, there's no chance Carlson will be cancelled, and doesn't seem like anybody cares that much.

However you slice it, it's a pretty terrible look. I don't think too many FOX fans will read that CNN article, but for most people that would, it's very unsettling to say the least. 

But this is the brilliance of convincing people all news but ours is fake. Even though, it's pretty clear what happened, and everyone seems to agree on the story, 40% of the population will write off as a fake news witch hunt. 
Yep.  The left has been falling for "all news except ours is fake" for, what?  3.5 years now (maybe more)?

Great post and way to point that out!  :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Then I don’t understand the point you’re making. Can you be more explicit? 
The random Twitter poster that UrbanHack quoted pretty much described Fox News as racist and implied anyone who watches it is also racist.  That twitter-post-as-fact that happens so much around here wasn't even talking about the lone writer specifically as opposed to making the general statement i mentioned in my first sentence.

Y'know, "everyone is racist who doesn't agree with me".

The random Twitter poster that UrbanHack quoted pretty much described Fox News as racist and implied anyone who watches it is also racist.  That twitter-post-as-fact that happens so much around here wasn't even talking about the lone writer specifically as opposed to making the general statement i mentioned in my first sentence.

Y'know, "everyone is racist who doesn't agree with me".
Not sure where you got that. It wasn’t about Fox News in general , it was about the Tucker Carlson show. And what the guy wrote was that a racist would feel quite comfortable writing material for that show. From what I’ve watched, I agree with that. Carlson flirts with racism all the time; sometimes he crosses directly into it. 

Not sure where you got that. It wasn’t about Fox News in general , it was about the Tucker Carlson show. And what the guy wrote was that a racist would feel quite comfortable writing material for that show. From what I’ve watched, I agree with that. Carlson flirts with racism all the time; sometimes he crosses directly into it. 
Thanks for proving my point.  :thumbup:

Even you can't help yourself.

Help myself how? 
Just described Tucker Carlson show (and by implication his viewers) are all racists.

I mean, the left has decried Fox News as a whole as being racists.  Are we really going to pretend that the random-twitter-post-as-fact was only talking and/or implying it was just Tucker Carlson?  Are we going to pretend that you and others in here don't think Fox News is racist and try to get a shot in every chance you get?  Can't we just be honest here?

Just described Tucker Carlson show (and by implication his viewers) are all racists.

I mean, the left has decried Fox News as a whole as being racists.  Are we really going to pretend that the random-twitter-post-as-fact was only talking and/or implying it was just Tucker Carlson?  Are we going to pretend that you and others in here don't think Fox News is racist and try to get a shot in every chance you get?  Can't we just be honest here?
I agree with your point.  It wasn't a "racist's dream job".

However, I don't think we can lump the whole "left" in with one random person on Twitter, even if a percentage of the left likely agree.

Nowhere does his post or anyones imply all of his viewers were racist either.  You seem to be struggling worh the truth a lot lately.

And people claiming things  are illegal spying and hoaxes and coups should probably not be lecturing other people about honesty.

I mean, the left has decried Fox News as a whole as being racists.  Are we really going to pretend that the random-twitter-post-as-fact was only talking and/or implying it was just Tucker Carlson?  Are we going to pretend that you and others in here don't think Fox News is racist and try to get one shot in every chance you get?  Can’t we just be honest here? 
I’m going to try. 

1. What I wrote, EXACTLY, is that from what I’ve watched, Tucker Carlson flirts with racism and sometimes crosses over into it. I can provide examples if you’d like but I don’t think they’re necessary. 
2. I made no implication whatsoever about his viewers. I don’t begin with the assumption that anyone is a racist. 
3. I made no implication whatsoever about the rest of Fox News. The only Fox show I watch on a fairly regular basis is Fox News Sunday with Chris Wallace. That’s an excellent program and certainly not racist. 

You make an awful lot of assumptions. 

I never watched Tucker until I read this thread.  Have to admit even if we don`t like or agree with his delivery some of his messages are food for thought.  I have seen things that are going on in Seattle and other areas, and this is actual footage not commentary that other networks won`t carry.  I just wish we would just get the straight news from all stations.

I’m going to try. 

1. What I wrote, EXACTLY, is that from what I’ve watched, Tucker Carlson flirts with racism and sometimes crosses over into it. I can provide examples if you’d like but I don’t think they’re necessary. 
2. I made no implication whatsoever about his viewers. I don’t begin with the assumption that anyone is a racist. 
3. I made no implication whatsoever about the rest of Fox News. The only Fox show I watch on a fairly regular basis is Fox News Sunday with Chris Wallace. That’s an excellent program and certainly not racist. 

You make an awful lot of assumptions. 
Sure, I can agree with the bolded.  I think we all do in here and people in general.

Yep. Anything to distract from the topic of how Tucker Carlson is and employs racists
Maybe we should start a topic about hyperbole, drama and fake outrage has overtaken this community and your post?

Or maybe we should go back and look at the rich, racist history of the Democratic Party?  Nah, that's would hit too close to home.  Best just stick with hyperbole, drama and fake outrage.

Maybe we should start a topic about hyperbole, drama and fake outrage has overtaken this community and your post?

Or maybe we should go back and look at the rich, racist history of the Democratic Party?  Nah, that's would hit too close to home.  Best just stick with hyperbole, drama and fake outrage.
Please try sticking to the topic of Tucker Carlson.

Users who are viewing this thread