What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tucker Carlson Has Highest-Rated Program In Cable News History (3 Viewers)

Da Guru said:
I agree, but those ones who are trashing, burring and looting cities are getting all the coverage.  So as with anything people get lumped in.

Just like cops..most do not support kneeling on someone's head..but one did and it impacts all of them.
Totally. It’s the exact same thing.  No difference at all.  Good call.

Maurile Tremblay said:
One possibility is that, while liberals seem to do humor better than conservatives, conservatives tend to do outrage better than liberals.
I agree that liberals generally do humor better than conservatives.  But performative outrage is definitely a "both sides" thing.

Full disclosure: I've literally never watched a second of Tucker Carlson, but my sense from a distance is that his outrage is widely understood to be performative.  My apologies if I'm mistaken.

It's fun to come here occasionally and read posts by people who think the current left is the ideology with a sense of humor.  Well, unless your humor 30 years ago might be slightly offensive to somebody today, then you are subject to the cancel culture inquisition.  Even more fun to see CNN still upheld as a bastion of unbiased journalism, while they jam pablum like "mostly peaceful protests" into our ears.  👍

It's fun to come here occasionally and read posts by people who think the current left is the ideology with a sense of humor.  Well, unless your humor 30 years ago might be slightly offensive to somebody today, then you are subject to the cancel culture inquisition.  Even more fun to see CNN still upheld as a bastion of unbiased journalism, while they jam pablum like "mostly peaceful protests" into our ears.  👍
Who here has claimed anything like this about CNN?

Who here has claimed anything like this about CNN?
I saw multiple references to a "media bias chart" with an implication that CNN was near the center.  I presume that the data from that chart is from the 1990s and that nobody who generated that chart has watched or read CNN for 5 minutes in the past few years.  If I misinterpreted that reference I'm open to being corrected. 

I saw multiple references to a "media bias chart" with an implication that CNN was near the center.  I presume that the data from that chart is from the 1990s and that nobody who generated that chart has watched or read CNN for 5 minutes in the past few years.  If I misinterpreted that reference I'm open to being corrected. 
So no...nobody called them a bastion of unbiased journalism.  And what is likely in the chart is separated between tv and website.

And no, the data is not from the 90s.

So no...nobody called them a bastion of unbiased journalism.  And what is likely in the chart is separated between tv and website.

And no, the data is not from the 90s.
So... you don't know what is in the chart, but you know that the data is not from the 90s.  

Or is this post an example of that liberal humor I'm missing.  Because mea culpa Sho, you are correct that nobody used the exact words "bastion of unbiased journalism."  👍

Last edited by a moderator:
So... you don't know what is in the chart, but you know that the data is not from the 90s.  

Or is this post an example of that liberal humor I'm missing.  Because mea culpa Sho, you are correct that nobody used the exact words "bastion of unbiased journalism."  👍
I actually do know whats is in the chart.  And know its updated pretty often with multiple versions over time.

I also believe nobody here has even called them unbiased much less a bastion of unbiased journalism.  Even saying part of them is near center on a chart isn't calling them as you claimed.  I think most have admitted they have bias.

Feel free to counter that chart with another source then.   

I am looking at the verison 6.0 from what I believe is 2020.   It does have the TV and print versions of some of the sources separate, and it does have CNN a bit better than it did in prior versions.   I vividly remember the one that was floating around last year having CNN in the zone of opinion or high variable of reliability.   Now it looks like MSNBC (tv) is there, and they gave CNN a bit of a bump, but is still in a zone of variable reliability.  

Again, feel free to link another place that grades the media sources like this.  My question is if there are so many of these sources they list in that green zone at the top (it looks to be a good 15-20 of them), with some leaning left and some leaning right - why bother with the CNNs, FOXs, and MSNBCs of the world?   And why are there so many posts claiming that ALL media is biased or that the vast majority is left leaning?

Thanks for fixing the links.  Although I don't see what they have to do with one of my two "misinformed" claims, that being that CNN was presented as centrist, and that poster went on to later defend his position.  Also I'm not sure what I was assuming, although I admitted to being open to misinterpreting the purpose of those posts.  If that is what you mean, I'll make sure I dig in my heels next time instead. 

Regarding the humor, which has been interestingly unmentioned, the fact that Sho was the first response with "nobody said 'bastion of unbiased journalism,' " I can't imagine a better example of the hyper left like Sho completely lacking the subtlety of humorous constructs like hyperbole.

Thanks for fixing the links.  Although I don't see what they have to do with one of my two "misinformed" claims, that being that CNN was presented as centrist, and that poster went on to later defend his position.  Also I'm not sure what I was assuming, although I admitted to being open to misinterpreting the purpose of those posts.  If that is what you mean, I'll make sure I dig in my heels next time instead. 

Regarding the humor, which has been interestingly unmentioned, the fact that Sho was the first response with "nobody said 'bastion of unbiased journalism,' " I can't imagine a better example of the hyper left like Sho completely lacking the subtlety of humorous constructs like hyperbole.
I am the real "hyper left" progressive type you speak of.

Please don't associate Sho with us. Thanks.

Who presented them as centrist?  Again...that isn't what actually happened.  
Well, KarmaPolice seemed to do so.  But I don't want to speak for him so I'll let him confirm or deny.  And as I've now said multiple times, if that is not what he was trying to communicate, I'm open to being proven wrong.  By him, not you.  You are just playing semantic police and frankly it is not entertaining.

Thoughts on the humor?

I am the real "hyper left" progressive type you speak of.

Please don't associate Sho with us. Thanks.
I understand the concern with that association.  So how hyper?  Do you think that the rioters/looters/vandals/batterers give a rat's butt about George Floyd?  Is "White Fragility" your new bible?  How hyper are we talking?  

KarmaPolice said:
I guess this is what I am getting at with my questions.  The media bias chart has been posted many times around these threads - and several that you listed in there are smack in the middle of the bias chart as far as leaning left or right, but you list them as examples of liberal outlets.   

So now my questions are:  are these channels different than what was graded on that chart, or has Fox become so far right leaning that something in the middle like NPR is viewed as liberal when somebody goes from Fox to that? 

Who hates America - CNN or Democrats?

I bring up CNN in that vein on these boards as well, I don't watch it, but I don't watch any cable news show, so I am not sure who is watching and why they are at this point.  

That chart has been posted many times around here.  CNN is in the "not really news" zone, but most of CBS/ABC/NPR/ was right in the middle.  Just thought it was interesting that the poster I quoted lumped all of those together as an example of liberal media.  

ETA:  on that chart NBC isn't that far left vs. the others I listed, so I also think it's interesting that you list it with MSNBC and CNN as well.  

Feel free to counter that chart with another source then.   

I am looking at the verison 6.0 from what I believe is 2020.   It does have the TV and print versions of some of the sources separate, and it does have CNN a bit better than it did in prior versions.   I vividly remember the one that was floating around last year having CNN in the zone of opinion or high variable of reliability.   Now it looks like MSNBC (tv) is there, and they gave CNN a bit of a bump, but is still in a zone of variable reliability.  

Again, feel free to link another place that grades the media sources like this.  My question is if there are so many of these sources they list in that green zone at the top (it looks to be a good 15-20 of them), with some leaning left and some leaning right - why bother with the CNNs, FOXs, and MSNBCs of the world?   And why are there so many posts claiming that ALL media is biased or that the vast majority is left leaning?

Well, KarmaPolice seemed to do so.  But I don't want to speak for him so I'll let him confirm or deny.  And as I've now said multiple times, if that is not what he was trying to communicate, I'm open to being proven wrong.  By him, not you.  You are just playing semantic police and frankly it is not entertaining.

Thoughts on the humor?
Where in those posts did he present them as centrist?  Also note the bolded.  His posts are clear that he doesn’t find them centrist or unbiased.

And hilarious you think I am hyper left...Id ask you to back up such a claim...but I and confident how that would go.  And now trying to claim your posts were just hyperbole is pretty weak backtracking.  Especially after complaining of the age of the bias charts.

Where in those posts did he present them as centrist?  Also note the bolded.  His posts are clear that he doesn’t find them centrist or unbiased.

And hilarious you think I am hyper left...Id ask you to back up such a claim...but I and confident how that would go.  And now trying to claim your posts were just hyperbole is pretty weak backtracking.  Especially after complaining of the age of the bias charts.
We've had this discussion on other chat sites Sho, I know, you are centrist in your mind, except that every post of yours is far left.  

Also, doubling down on your lack of understanding hyperbole is not helping your humor score.  :(

We've had this discussion on other chat sites Sho, I know, you are centrist in your mind, except that every post of yours is far left.  

Also, doubling down on your lack of understanding hyperbole is not helping your humor score.  :(
I am not claiming a thing about being centrist.  I think its laughable to claim I am hyper left.  I think calling my posts far left is a sign  you don't really know what far left even means.  What position do I take that os far or hyper left?

Also...I understand hyperbole fine...I can clearly see when its used as an excise for your posts in this thread that have been dead wrong about what people have actually said about CNN.  Nobody coming close to saying the things you claimed even when you take hyperbole out.   
If you want to come off as being full of humor, try saying something intended to be funny.

I am not claiming a thing about being centrist.  I think its laughable to claim I am hyper left.  I think calling my posts far left is a sign  you don't really know what far left even means.  What position do I take that os far or hyper left?

Also...I understand hyperbole fine...I can clearly see when its used as an excise for your posts in this thread that have been dead wrong about what people have actually said about CNN.  Nobody coming close to saying the things you claimed even when you take hyperbole out.   
If you want to come off as being full of humor, try saying something intended to be funny.
I've seen your postings for years and we've had this discussion numerous times before on another site, and you always deny it despite incontrovertible proof from your posting history.  Do you know who I am Sho?

I thought he was saying somebody else did, or that around these parts in general CNN is presented that way.   It would be even funnier if he was say I was claiming that with as many times as I have suggested people stop using them as a source of news.  

I've seen your postings for years and we've had this discussion numerous times before on another site, and you always deny it despite incontrovertible proof from your posting history.  Do you know who I am Sho?
So once again we appear to be at a place  where someone is asked to back up the claims they made...and are unable and unwilling.

Yes, pretty sure i know who you are.  I know we have had discussions for years.  And I am quite certain I take nothing close to far left or hyper left positions.  And your idea of proof is odd.  I have definitely proven your posts about what people have said about CNN 100% wrong to the point you have now made this about your opinion of me.

So once again we appear to be at a place  where someone is asked to back up the claims they made...and are unable and unwilling.

Yes, pretty sure i know who you are.  I know we have had discussions for years.  And I am quite certain I take nothing close to far left or hyper left positions.  And your idea of proof is odd.  I have definitely proven your posts about what people have said about CNN 100% wrong to the point you have now made this about your opinion of me.
Can I get a single regular poster here to vouch for Sho that he is not far left?  By normal standards, not liberal echo chamber standards.  If so I'll drop it and move on to the "lack of humor on the left" part of my OP which seems to be getting no play.

Can I get a single regular poster here to vouch for Sho that he is not far left?  By normal standards, not liberal echo chamber standards.  If so I'll drop it and move on to the "lack of humor on the left" part of my OP which seems to be getting no play.
I can vouch for Sho and confirm that he's far left.  You can't defend every far left policy and tell everyone you're a centrist.

I'm just guessing, but I pretty much think any post in this forum not coming from a conservative would be considered "hyper-left".  There ain't no centrist Democrats in here.  The party has been hijacked by radicals.

But, that's just my opinion. 
Lol.  I'm not surprised by this assessment.  

Anybody else want to chime in what makes a post "hyper-left"?   or a poster for that matter?

I'm just guessing, but I pretty much think any post in this forum not coming from a conservative would be considered "hyper-left".  There ain't no centrist Democrats in here.  The party has been hijacked by radicals.

I know I’m wasting my time but you realize many of us posting are/were conservatives, we just can’t stomach the way the party has headed the last 3.5 years? 2016 I voted independent, unfortunately this year I will have to hold my nose and vote the D nominee as I realize how important it is to rid Trump of the presidency 

Or how about instead...you post anything I've ever said that is far left.  Any position i have taken...much less a large number that would make me far left overall.

Also...moving on seems like the best course of action after being wrong about what posters have claimed about CNN

Seems like a strange definition of hyperleft.

I can vouch for Sho and confirm that he's far left.  You can't defend every far left policy and tell everyone you're a centrist.
You just described anything non conservative as far left.  Also, when have I claimed to be a centrist?

There is a large area between far left and centrist.

What far left policy do I defend?  You want to talk about me...don't duck and hide, back it up.

I know I’m wasting my time but you realize many of us posting are/were conservatives, we just can’t stomach the way the party has headed the last 3.5 years? 2016 I voted independent, unfortunately this year I will have to hold my nose and vote the D nominee as I realize how important it is to rid Trump of the presidency 
I highly doubt that any of you were really conservative then.  If you're having problems with how you think the GOP has headed, how can you NOT be twice as disgusted with where the Democrats have headed.  They've been taken over by radicals, Marxists, SJW, professional grievance groups, america haters and everything else that is DIAMETRICALLY opposed to conservative ideas and values.

If you're going to vote for the Democrats, I would question your conservative credentials to begin with.  Not that there is anything wrong with that, but I'm suspicious of people who claim to be "Conservative" who are voting for this version of the Democrats.

I'm not saying your a bad person, btw.

I highly doubt that any of you were really conservative then.  If you're having problems with how you think the GOP has headed, how can you NOT be twice as disgusted with where the Democrats have headed.  They've been taken over by radicals, SJW, professional grievance groups, america haters and everything else that is DIAMETRICALLY opposed to conservative ideas and values.

If you're going to vote for the Democrats, I would question your conservative credentials to begin with.  Not that there is anything wrong with that, but I'm suspicious of people who claim to be "Conservative" who are voting for this version of the Democrats.
Because the republicans have been in power...have abandoned any type of fiscal conservatism, have alienated our allies, have turned away from actual conservative trade policy.

The party has not been taken over by radicals...that is a baseless opinion.  And claims of America haters is just flat out insulting BS and you know it.

I can't remember seeing a post of yours that isn't railing on lefties or defend a right position.   So if that is the qualification for hyper-left, why isn't that the same for hyper-right?
Then you haven't been looking hard enough.

because we're not proposing or defending radical positions in here.

Because the republicans have been in power...have abandoned any type of fiscal conservatism, have alienated our allies, have turned away from actual conservative trade policy.

The party has not been taken over by radicals...that is a baseless opinion.  And claims of America haters is just flat out insulting BS and you know it.
I am sure it won't, but that noise should stop.   Pretty sure that's not what is expected around here.  

I am sure it won't, but that noise should stop.   Pretty sure that's not what is expected around here.  
Big coaims and assertions, demonstrably false posts, always a lack of citing and backing up any post.  Posting seems to be simply to get a reaction.  Seems a lot of that lately.

I highly doubt that any of you were really conservative then.  If you're having problems with how you think the GOP has headed, how can you NOT be twice as disgusted with where the Democrats have headed.  They've been taken over by radicals, Marxists, SJW, professional grievance groups, america haters and everything else that is DIAMETRICALLY opposed to conservative ideas and values.

I'm not saying your a bad person, btw.
Thanks for not labeling me a bad person....I e never voted for.a D president, have for governor and local positions. I don’t agree with any of the radical D positions, the only thing i side with is on fixing healthcare (still waiting on Trumps plan that he said he will unveil if he’s elected...). It pains me that the current GOP don’t care about spending or deficits, sorry that you think that makes me a make believe conservative. I really think this divide will let to a central 3rd party that will reflect true middle class values-not free college and not looking out only for the interest of big business 

Id say outside of judge picks...its hard to argue supporting Trump is something an actual conservative would do.

Thanks for not labeling me a bad person....I e never voted for.a D president, have for governor and local positions. I don’t agree with any of the radical D positions, the only thing i side with is on fixing healthcare (still waiting on Trumps plan that he said he will unveil if he’s elected...). It pains me that the current GOP don’t care about spending or deficits, sorry that you think that makes me a make believe conservative. I really think this divide will let to a central 3rd party that will reflect true middle class values-not free college and not looking out only for the interest of big business 
I guess there are more in this position or a few degrees off of this around here than people realize.    I admit it's hard to parse out these feelings vs. people's feelings on Trump.   

Local government I have voted for all 3 parties over the last decade + and have voted 3rd party more often than not in the last several elections.  

There ain't no centrist Democrats in here.  The party has been hijacked by radicals.

Let’s discuss this opinion. 

1. the extreme left want to impose the Green New Deal. I do not. Like Joe Biden and the vast majority of Democrats , I want to tackle climate change, but the restrictions that GND would impose on our economy are too drastic. 

2. Like Joe Biden and the vast majority of Democrats  I support strengthening Obamacare but am opposed to Medicare for All. 

3. Like Joe Biden  and the vast majority of Democrats I support repealing Trump’s tax cuts but oppose increasing taxes to the level that AOC and Bernie desire. 

4. Like Joe Biden and the vast majority of Democrats  I support the discussion surrendering removing certain statues but oppose people taking the law into their own hands and defacing or removing the statues themselves. 

5. Like Joe Biden and the vast majority of Democrats I support reforming the police but I do not support defunding the police. 

I could go on and on but you get the idea. If you have evidence that the majority of Democrats disagrees with me on any of the above issues and supports the radical position instead then I invite you to present it now. If, as I presume, you’re unable to do so, then please stop claiming that Democrats have been taken over by the radical left. It’s a lie. 

Users who are viewing this thread