What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

​ 🐘 ​​ 🐴 ​2020 Presidential Debates thread - 2nd Debate October 15 (1 Viewer)

So the scandal is that he sent a tweet to a former Trump employee rather than a DM?

I read this a person doesn't know how to respond to a personal attack, and reaches out to someone with a history of being personally attacked by Trump, asking for advice.

I mean, if this was sent to Biden's campaign manager......

Someone spell out the problem here.

They are now pulling the Joy Reid/Wiener routine and saying he was hacked.  :lmao:
Maybe you care to answer...what was wrong with the message he posted?  What do you think it meant and why was it bad of him?

I read complaints in the Trump thread that people aren't talking about it...but when several in here have tried, the questions get ignored by those thinking this is some big thing.

So please explain the problem with the tweet that he posted publicly?

If true I would give Trump credit for being safe and smart on this. Credit where it's due and all that.
Not sure what credit...seems he was getting destroyed everywhere in public opinion about backing out...only ones who still like it are the hardcore base but it wouldn't matter what he would do they seemingly would still support.

I can't see the debates continuing.  Trump doesn't seem to want an actual discourse of ideas or thoughts.  I also think EVERYONE but a very few already know who they want.  It's not necessarily a decision based on actual data any more.  It's a referendum on Trump and what he's done to this country.  Mr. Magoo could be running against him and the polls would still show him behind by double digits IMO.

Scully is obscenely biased from his own activities on Twitter. He claimed he was hacked,  it was revealed a lie. He then locked things down on Twitter. The debate will be cancelled because this CSPAN moderator. is biased. Of all people, privately communicating with Mr. " Trump" Scrummuchi ? Why would the debate commission allow this guy to even be a moderator? That's like making Rush Limbaugh or Rick Santorum the moderator. 

Scully is obscenely biased from his own activities on Twitter. He claimed he was hacked,  it was revealed a lie. He then locked things down on Twitter. The debate will be cancelled because this CSPAN moderator. is biased. Of all people, privately communicating with Mr. " Trump" Scrummuchi ? Why would the debate commission allow this guy to even be a moderator? That's like making Rush Limbaugh or Rick Santorum the moderator. 
So, maybe you can explain what about his tweet was so bad?  Since the others who were asked refuse to answer multiple people’s requests.

Also, that why it was canceled, was it?

Has no one been watching the debates Trump has been in?  It doesn't matter who the moderator is. He will just talk over everyone, interrupt constantly and spew his nonsense then claim he won.
Exactly. Debates are completely pointless right now.

This election is about turnout and making sure all the votes for you (in the 7 or 8 states where it actually matters)  are counted.  

I honestly have no idea how anyone could be undecided between trump and anyone else right now. The very idea of that is completely absurd to me.

Scully is obscenely biased from his own activities on Twitter. He claimed he was hacked,  it was revealed a lie. He then locked things down on Twitter. The debate will be cancelled because this CSPAN moderator. is biased. Of all people, privately communicating with Mr. " Trump" Scrummuchi ? Why would the debate commission allow this guy to even be a moderator?
Why would Trump allow himself to be tricked into a debate moderated by a Biden supporter? Seems like a pretty weak move on his part.

If Chris Wallace had text conversations with Hannity or Tucker would you feel the same way?

Biden should now insist that the 3rd debate be a town hall style.  This favors him and Trump knows it.  They have already had the classic style debate, so a town hall will be something different.  And because it was scheduled he can insist on this.

Trump will refuse and then Biden can refuse.  And Biden is the one with the most to lose in a debate, so it definitely favors him just to carry on without.

If Chris Wallace had text conversations with Hannity or Tucker would you feel the same way?
They work with each other. Wallace is a never -Trumper. That's why he was acceptable. The fact that Scully thought he was using DM, then lied about it, shut his Twitter down says it all. He was busted. Why wouldn't he release the full DM with Scrumbag? It's because he's corrupt.

Last edited by a moderator:
They work with each other. Wallace is a never -Trumper. That's why he was acceptable. The fact that Scully thought he was using DM, then lied about it, shut his Twitter down says it all. He was busted.
Has Wallace confirmed that he would never vote for Trump?

Has Wallace confirmed that he would never vote for Trump?
He is a registered Democrat, but I don't think has endorsed any candidates and certainly wouldn't announce publically he won't vote for Trump (he never would have moderated the first debate for Fox if he had).

For the 100th time it was meant to be a private message. And the guy already worked for Biden and Teddy and is a huge Democrat.
That it was meant to be a private message (even if it was) is irrelevant to my question.

The guy previously worked for him is also not relevant to the tweet...it’s relevant to have that complaint...but about the tweet...what about that message is bad.  That is the question.   On its own...it’s absolutely nothing.

2 town halls tonight scheduled at the exact same time in place of the 2nd debate.   Going to be interesting to see the Neilson Ratings for sure.

2 town halls tonight scheduled at the exact same time in place of the 2nd debate.   Going to be interesting to see the Neilson Ratings for sure.
I'm sure Trump will win the ratings.  Although I doubt it matters much if at all.  It might even hurt him like after his debate performance.  

I'm sure Trump will win the ratings.  Although I doubt it matters much if at all.  It might even hurt him like after his debate performance.  
Even if he doesn’t, Trump and his supports will just say the rating are fake. Rinse repeat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trump, by himself, in a Town Hall?? Where he needs to have a total grasp of ....being Presidential?  This is not a good venue for him.

For Trump's town hall, the president will meet with "a group of Florida voters on critical issues impacting their vote less than three weeks before Election Day," NBC said. The town hall will be outside and moderated by “Today" show co-host Savannah Guthrie.

I wonder how they chose the FL voters and how much leeway they'll have. Whatever the questions/topics are I'm sure the rumbling, bumbling stumbling one will be very off topic.

For Trump's town hall, the president will meet with "a group of Florida voters on critical issues impacting their vote less than three weeks before Election Day," NBC said. The town hall will be outside and moderated by “Today" show co-host Savannah Guthrie.

I wonder how they chose the FL voters and how much leeway they'll have. Whatever the questions/topics are I'm sure the rumbling, bumbling stumbling one will be very off topic.
Seems like a weird place to start...people have been voting for two weeks so far and if we are to believe the numbers, a couple million have already voted.  It'd seem to me that time would be better spent in Michigan/Wisc/Penn area.  His commercials have seen a noticeable decline here in Central Florida as well.

Savannah Guthrie tho :wub:

NBC really bailed out Trump here bigly. 
I see it from a different angle. I think this helps Biden. Trump is in hail mary mode right now, and what would help him the most is if Biden stumbled on the national stage with millions of people watching him. But with half the potential audience (or more) watching Trump, the odds of that happening just decreased significantly.

I see it from a different angle. I think this helps Biden. Trump is in hail mary mode right now, and what would help him the most is if Biden stumbled on the national stage with millions of people watching him. But with half the potential audience (or more) watching Trump, the odds of that happening just decreased significantly.
If it's a notable stumble millions will still see it.  They've been recording and replaying these things for years now.   A drawn out uninspiring message, in other words a good night for Joe, wont garner the clicks. 

I’m sure most people will turn to Biden at first just to see how he spins the Hunter lies. Biden’s handlers called lids every day this week but have to be panicking right now and calling an audible. 

Users who are viewing this thread