What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

★★★Official 2015 Cincy Bengals-now with more K Webb (1 Viewer)

Glad to see Boling resigned to what seems like a reasonable deal. Hawk I'm so-so on. Glad they got a deal done with Winston - he was solid as a swingman last year (and glad Newhouse is gone). I think it'd be good if we get Fairley at a good price. Usually not accustomed to bumping this thread so early in free agency. These moves can serve to open up our draft board a bit as well.

-QG

I'm happy about Hawk signing because I can see what the intention was. Insurance at LB is sorely needed and Hawk is on of the smartest backers around.

What do you guys have to say about the schedule? To me there isn't any major positives or negatives. Seems like a relatively balanced schedule. The most important thing is probably that Steelers get NE and IND whereas we play HOU and BUF (which we obviously have known for four months). Those two games could mean the difference in the end

It could have been worse given that we have a general tough slate of games. No true "death march" period.

Kinda like opening at Oakland as maybe that'll distract us from the fact that he have never beaten the Raiders in Oakland. Getting San Diego for a 10 am (for them) game in the 2nd week isn't a bad spot either.

Very weird stretch in the middle where we have two divisional games in 5 days surrounded by 22 days of nothing on either side.

Don't love that we have to go Arizona after a Monday night game (though the Cards have aSunday night game the previous week).

Don't love that the only back-to-back western games have Christmas sandwiched in the middle.

Pretty rough finishing run.

Need to get off to a good start.

-QG

Gonna choose and trust Alexander here as we generally have done well with the OL guys we have picked.

Personally was hoping the pick would be Malcom Brown.

The ACL doesn't concern nearly as much as the fact that he has had back issues. That's usually not the sort of thing to go away.

Hopefully I'll start calling him O-booyah! soon :) Not surprised we went OL with both Whit and Moobs having their contracts up after this year. High upside kid with a year to get healthy and strong. Doesn't satisfy the "get an impact player now" crowd but it's how good teams manage to turn over their roster w/o cratering.

Whatcha thing Bengal Brothers and Sisters?

-QG

I realized they signed Pryor to a contract and he's one of Hue's guys but there's still a distance to go IMO.

-QG

There is extremely little news coming from the Bengals and their early camp rumors.

The only thing that seems to be surfacing is that Dalton is in the hot seat, and there is mounting pressure for him to (get to) and win a playoff game or two.

I am very high on AJ Green, but it would be nice to hear some positive hype on him and his health, after the injury riddled season he had last year.

If he is healthy and firing on all cylinders though, then a lack of buzz is a good thing too, to keep him from creeping up the draft boards.

I have seen him in some recent mocks falling to the the beginning of the 3rd round....or a few spots earlier.

Possibly a great steal in drafts, as a top 3-ish season at WR could easily happen.

I also think people are seriously sleeping on Gio Bernard this year, its almost as if everyone has just chucked him aside and Hill is the second coming.

I believe in Hill's talent, but you are one injury away from gold (Bernard) and he can be had in rounds 7-8 recently, often later.

TZM

Okay, they haven't played a really good team yet, but I find it hard not to be optimistic. There isn't many teams that can match the Bengals right now. Defence is playing good, Andy has taken a big step it seems, AJ being AJ, OL pass protecting like Gold, two good RB's that complement each other well.

We still get a lot of stupid penalties, ans the way we throw away time-outs again and again is frustrating, but all in all I see a lot of improvement over 2014. If we can stay healthy, who knows? Play-offs should be within reach and dare I say we could even advance this year?

Next week at PBS against Hawks will be a good test. Will Andy be able to look good against a really good def? I can't wait to figure it out

WHO DEY!

Hey Danish Bengal thanks for reviving the thread :) I've wanted to do sort of a comprehensive post but just haven't had the moment yet. Will do so soon :)

Who Dey!

-QG

This thread needs a bump with a big game coming up. Playing in Pitt is always big, but this year we can all but secure the division with a win. Pitt is not gonna get us if we get in front by 3 1/2 games. Big Ben is probably back but will he be his old self? Our guys should be rested and focused. I believe in 7-0!

Who Dey!

This thread needs a bump with a big game coming up. Playing in Pitt is always big, but this year we can all but secure the division with a win. Pitt is not gonna get us if we get in front by 3 1/2 games. Big Ben is probably back but will he be his old self? Our guys should be rested and focused. I believe in 7-0!

Who Dey!
Agreed :) Big Big Test!

-QG

Danish Bengal said:

Who Dey!
No doubt. If the Steelers lose the Bengals easily win the division.

I don't know how the Steelers stop this offense. They are severely outmatched here. The only hop is with Ben back, they can win a track meet.

I don't know how the Steelers stop this offense. They are severely outmatched here. The only hop is with Ben back, they can win a track meet.
I agree but the Steelers were severely outmatched against the Cardinals too. If I had to bet on the game my money would be on the Bengals but this is the NFL and anything can happen.

I think that's how this game will play out. And maybe I'm a bit biased since I have both QBs, but these are some powerful offenses.

Cincy with Dalton, Green, Gio, Eifert, Jones, and Hill vs Ben, Brown, Bell, Bryant, and Miller. This game seems ripe for a 34-31 score, IMO. The Bengals defense isn't bad, but they haven't gone up against an offense like this so far this year. The Steelers defense is nothing special and Dalton should have no problem carving them up. Going to be a fun game to watch.

Ya, Burfict won't play.

Assuming Ben plays, I'm with the consensus. This is going to be a shootout. The best thing the Steelers can do is shut down the Bengals run game and try to make the Bengals 1 dimensional. The way Dalton is playing, he might just beat them anyway, but that is the path to a W in my mind. Bengals passing game is going to be successful pretty much no matter what Pitts does anyway.

Last year, Bell really got going running their basic run plays over and over. The Steelers passing game is legit with Ben. Ya, put me in the shootout camp.

Bengals D needs Burfict obviously, but missing 1 starter isn't that bad for week8. Everyone deals with it.

Anyone concerned with the weather reports calling for moderate to heavy rain showers? Maybe not the air show many expect?

Franknbeans said:
Anyone concerned with the weather reports calling for moderate to heavy rain showers? Maybe not the air show many expect?
The local TV stations are saying rain mainly in the morning. I don't think I would worry too much about the weather. The Steelers may try to grind the ball a bit more to keep the Bengals O off the field but Ben is a gunslinger and has lots of weapons. As long as Ben is in the game I can see no scenario where they won't be throwing the ball.

Franknbeans said:
Might impact Pitts because Bell running it down our throats is an option, but doubt the Bengals will operate differently. Got to do what you're good at. This is a game for the WRs or we're in trouble. Having a great OLine that's healthy should play well against the Steelers. With any luck, they will blitz heavy like KCC and get gashed when we pick it up.

Having a great OLine that's healthy should play well against the Steelers. With any luck, they will blitz heavy like KCC and get gashed when we pick it up.
This is what will happen. Especially with the Steelers' 2nd best DE, Tuitt, probably out.

That was a clutch win. In years past, we lose this one easily. Not this time. Concerned about a few guys going down - depth is our strength, need to keep staying healthy.

Such a weird game, but I'm not giving it back.
Good teams win games like this one. It was an alley fight and our guys came out on top. :)

The most exciting this so far about this team is that I don't think the Bengals have really played close to their full capabilities in any game yet.

-QG

Bump for being 8-0 for the first time in team history.

I didn't watch the game yet as I'm on holliday. Any interesting observations except for Eifert being a red zone monster?

Bump for being 8-0 for the first time in team history.

I didn't watch the game yet as I'm on holliday. Any interesting observations except for Eifert being a red zone monster?
First half they let Manziel run around and throw on the run and it ended up being a little too close at half-time (14-10).

They adjusted after the half by forcing him to stay and play from the pocket and he couldn't hack it. and they started to roll.

Offense looked great. Eifert made a double move on a cornerback for one of his touchdowns.

Good solid win - now for the Gatorade Bowl.

-QG

Terrible game last night. Poorly coached (play calling too cute), poor execution (bad penalties, drops, and turnovers). The team did not come to play. Now all the haters get to spew their garbage. I didn't see them winning at AZ, but they better come to play.

Offense was way too cute. Didn't get it done on third downs offensively. Gotta regroup and move on to the Cardinals.

Terrible game last night. Poorly coached (play calling too cute), poor execution (bad penalties, drops, and turnovers). The team did not come to play. Now all the haters get to spew their garbage. I didn't see them winning at AZ, but they better come to play.
Arizona is a mandatory win. Have to beat QuitGuy3

-QG

Well that sucked.

But I still think this team has the talent to go places - so long as we get a little healthier.

I feel better about McCarron than any backup we've had since Kitna (and honestly a little better than the late career Kitna we rolled out in '05) - he's not going to be as good as Andy, but I think he has confidence in his throws - will be interesting to see how he does with a full week with the ones.

And we should at least get some good Katherine Webb reaction shots during the game, so there's that to look forward to :)

-QG

I think the D can carry us for 3 weeks and AJ can tread water. Big question will be if Dalton can get back for playoffs. I'd be willing to risk the rust factor to toss him back in for the playoffs even if he's out the next 3.

Aj beating Denver would help of course.

WHat did AJ Green's targets look like with McCarron at QB?
Especially with no Eifert, AJ was first choice. Dalton had 1 target to Green with 1 catch. McCarron sent 8 targets his way with Green catching 6.

Honestly, based on what I was watching - I feel like Green's stock may be higher with McCarron in.

Hue already has said he plans to run the full offense with McCarron.

-QG

Pass Rush

Eifert

AJGreen

Time to do it in the postseason. The qb play might struggle, but no drops, make the plays that are there on O. Make them 1 dimensional and do what we've done all year on pressure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread