What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

☞ Official SOPRANOS Thread (6 Viewers)

RAIDERNATION said:
Anyone hear Tim Van Patten (director of many Sopranos episodes) on Jim Rome's show today?
In addition to his excellent directing skills (and of course as his Emmy worthy role of Salami) he was once married to one of the most underrated 80's teen movie hotties: Betsy Russell.I think she was naked in every film she was in. Remember her Lady Godiva act in Private School? The sponge bath scene in Tomboy.

And an odd bit of trivia: we all know who his old man is, but his aunt (DVP's sister) was the woman who was the commisioner of the Little League in "Bad News Bears".
**** Van Patten is not Tim's father.
Everybody knows that Tim's dad is Ken Howard.

RAIDERNATION said:
Anyone hear Tim Van Patten (director of many Sopranos episodes) on Jim Rome's show today?
In addition to his excellent directing skills (and of course as his Emmy worthy role of Salami) he was once married to one of the most underrated 80's teen movie hotties: Betsy Russell.I think she was naked in every film she was in. Remember her Lady Godiva act in Private School? The sponge bath scene in Tomboy.

And an odd bit of trivia: we all know who his old man is, but his aunt (DVP's sister) was the woman who was the commisioner of the Little League in "Bad News Bears".
He is **** and Joyce's half-brother, so EB was close.

Okay then. :thumbup:

Okay then. :)
He = Tim. what are you unsure about? tim and **** are related, so EB was close. there is like a 31 year age gap between the half-brothers, so i can see why EB thought **** Van Patten was Tim's dad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I the only one that didn't know it wasn't going to be on tonight?
You missed it???Tony got killed by the Asian guy Uncle Junior was hanging with in the Looney Bin.
I just find it hard to believe that HBO would jerk around Sopranos fans like that.
How do you figure? If you look at the very first post in this thread, I listed the episode index. Even back then before the first episode aired, we knew that there would be a two-week break right now. I don't consider that "jerking" with us. It's all about maximizing their audience. They know that people travel on Memorial Day weekend.

You missed it???Tony got killed by the Asian guy Uncle Junior was hanging with in the Looney Bin.
I just find it hard to believe that HBO would jerk around Sopranos fans like that.
How do you figure? If you look at the very first post in this thread, I listed the episode index. Even back then before the first episode aired, we knew that there would be a two-week break right now. I don't consider that "jerking" with us. It's all about maximizing their audience. They know that people travel on Memorial Day weekend.
It was a joke. I mean like they take like a whole year between like seasons. It's like they like know they have people on the hook so they like drag it out. So that people have to like keep their subscriptions long.

It was a joke. I mean like they take like a whole year between like seasons. It's like they like know they have people on the hook so they like drag it out. So that people have to like keep their subscriptions long.
Only two more episodes EVER. They can drag it out all they want to, AFAIC... :confused:

Only two more episodes EVER. They can drag it out all they want to, AFAIC... :(
REAL Sopranos fans would arrange their travel plans around the show.

Okay, so here's a question.

If Ralphie "doesn't have sex like normal people," as Valentina stated (and Janice confirmed), how exactly was Tracy the stripper pregnant with Ralph's baby? An Immaculate Conception, perhaps?

Does anyone have a screen shot or image of Tony Soprano's face right before he takes the last breath away from Chris? It's very evil and sinister looking. It occurs on the screen right after the headlights on the highway above pass by (like a beacon). The shot is a semi-sillouette of Tony's face and it is pure evil.

Okay, so here's a question.If Ralphie "doesn't have sex like normal people," as Valentina stated (and Janice confirmed), how exactly was Tracy the stripper pregnant with Ralph's baby? An Immaculate Conception, perhaps?
heh -- just watched the episode where ralphie's kid ate the arrow this weekend -- thought that myself.

Okay, so here's a question.If Ralphie "doesn't have sex like normal people," as Valentina stated (and Janice confirmed), how exactly was Tracy the stripper pregnant with Ralph's baby? An Immaculate Conception, perhaps?
He threw it in there like Emeril seasoning a pork loin. BAM!!!

Not touching this one.
Levin will have an answer. He has an answer for everything. :bye:
I will not be the first staff member to be banned from posting in the Pool just to explain this to you. :bye:

I don't think she meant that Ralphie NEVER had sex like normal people. I mean there are guys out there that are married and have kids but are secretly gay. Like Hulk Hogan.

Big P death episode on A&E right now.

They really did do a great job of editing this so that you don't lose much while making it safe for cable TV.

From the old ones on A&E:

Paulie, To Chris, in re: Vito talking to Bobby: "It's like a diet commercial - before and waaaay before"

I love in Season 2, when Tony founds about the ######ed uncle he never knew he had, he says to Junior, "My mother used to talk about my father's feeble-minded brother, but I always assumed she was talking about you." The look Junior gives him is priceless.

Question:

Did they ever confirm that the cop Tony told Chris killed his father, was actually true? It was filmed making it look kinda fishy, and the cop did deny it. Was this ever confirmed?

Trivia:

What show was playing when Chris killed him?

No, but I assume it was true.... and Magnum P.I.
What was the show that a teenaged Tony (in a flashback scene) was watching in the episode involving his father's mistress?(Bonus question: the actress who played the mistress was famous in the late 70's as the commercial spokeswoman for an oral hygiene product--what was the brand name of the product?)

I think that they have skipped Memorial Day weekend in the past as well, it's not a big TV weekend, much like Labor Day Weekend

It makes me sad to see what 'could have been' regarding Furio.

He was an animal. Too bad they went with the sappy Carm storyline.

What was the show that a teenaged Tony (in a flashback scene) was watching in the episode involving his father's mistress?(Bonus question: the actress who played the mistress was famous in the late 70's as the commercial spokeswoman for an oral hygiene product--what was the brand name of the product?)
Polydent

It makes me sad to see what 'could have been' regarding Furio.He was an animal. Too bad they went with the sappy Carm storyline.
I usually tire of all the Furio whining, but this I can agree with. My absolute least favorite storyline. Yes, moreso than Vito.
Not trying to whine. After watching a bunch on A&E yesterday, it just reminded me how intimidating he was.Until then, I had forgotton. All I could picture was him in a fruity shirt dancing the Flamenco with Carmella.

Question:Did they ever confirm that the cop Tony told Chris killed his father, was actually true? It was filmed making it look kinda fishy, and the cop did deny it. Was this ever confirmed?
I always assumed it was not true, but that Tony told Chris that, to get Chris back on his best side, since giving him the man who supposedly killed his father (whom Chris always missed) would make Chris feel close to Tony again (remember how disappointed Chris was with Tony at the end of Season 3, regarding how he handled the Jackie Jr. situation). I seem to remember Tony wanting that cop out of the way for some other reason, so that was all he needed to give Chris another reason to kill him.

Just watched the "Stage 5" episode again -- man was that great, I think that has to be one of the best ones in the last 3-4 seasons. Set up this whole revenge thing with Phil, Jerry getting shot and the whole Tony/Chris thing.

Can't wait for Sunday. :bye:

I'm just loving this season, but also dreading the end. :shrug:

Do ya think that when Meadow and AJ were little they went out Halloween dressed as GABA GHOULS? :yes:

Question:Did they ever confirm that the cop Tony told Chris killed his father, was actually true? Trivia:What show was playing when Chris killed him?
I have zero evidence, but I always thought Tony was lying about that. Something about Tony's demeanor made me think that it was just a normal hit.
Look at it this way. Why would he lie?The boss tells you to do a hit, you do it.It's like our boss telling us to arrange a conference call. It's routine.

:thumbup: to the the gold standard in TV...Changed it forever:
TONY: The morning of the day I got sick, I been thinking. It’s good to be in something from the ground floor. I came in too late for that, I know. But lately, I’m getting the feeling that I came in at the end. The best is over.DR. MELFI: Many Americans, I think, feel that way.TONY: I think about my father. He never reached the heights like me. But in a lotta ways he had it better. He had his people. They had their standards. They had pride. Today, whadda we got?

Question:Did they ever confirm that the cop Tony told Chris killed his father, was actually true? Trivia:What show was playing when Chris killed him?
I have zero evidence, but I always thought Tony was lying about that. Something about Tony's demeanor made me think that it was just a normal hit.
Look at it this way. Why would he lie?The boss tells you to do a hit, you do it.It's like our boss telling us to arrange a conference call. It's routine.
The lie wasn't about the hit, it was about what happened to Chris' dad. Tony used a routine hit to manipulate Chris.

Question:

Did they ever confirm that the cop Tony told Chris killed his father, was actually true?

Trivia:

What show was playing when Chris killed him?
Look at it this way. Why would he lie?

The boss tells you to do a hit, you do it.

It's like our boss telling us to arrange a conference call. It's routine.
That one's easy: to endear himself to Chris.

I don't know if this was posted before, but until this past weekend, I was wondering what Tony got when he said, "I get it" out in Vegas after killing Christopher. In talking to my father-in-law we concluded, that Tony finally understood why Christopher took drugs. He was high and feeling great, having a great time and then it dawned on him. Any other theories?

I don't know if this was posted before, but until this past weekend, I was wondering what Tony got when he said, "I get it" out in Vegas after killing Christopher. In talking to my father-in-law we concluded, that Tony finally understood why Christopher took drugs. He was high and feeling great, having a great time and then it dawned on him. Any other theories?
I believe what "he got" is the understanding that nobody will stand in his way any longer.A ruthless leader is a powerful leader.

I'm pretty sure he was referring to Little Carmine's comment at the Cleaver after-party ("The sacred AND the propane). He was indicating that he finally understood the malaprop, and moreover, that he could now appreciate the absurdity of it.

I'm pretty sure he was referring to Little Carmine's comment at the Cleaver after-party ("The sacred AND the propane). He was indicating that he finally understood the malaprop, and moreover, that he could now appreciate the absurdity of it.
And here I thought that my interpretation made the most sense. Obviously, there are probably many more interpretations out there. It's pretty clever (and maddening) of David Chase to write something so ambiguous that it would be open to many different interpretations. Now I'm curious: What do you think Tony got when he said, "I get it!" :lmao:

And here I thought that my interpretation made the most sense. Obviously, there are probably many more interpretations out there. It's pretty clever (and maddening) of David Chase to write something so ambiguous that it would be open to many different interpretations. Now I'm curious: What do you think Tony got when he said, "I get it!" :goodposting:
Um....

Ton had done drugs before. It's not like he's still forming an opinion about it. I think this statement had nothing to do with Christopher.

Users who are viewing this thread