What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽ Soccer Match-day Thread (3 Viewers)

that's a tough call on the passive offside.  The offside player is charging through the middle of the box toward goal, even blocking Virgil.

Last edited by a moderator:
that's a tough call on the passive offside.  The offside player is charging through the middle of the box toward goal, even blocking Virgil.
I thought the same when I watched it but couldn't ever see them calling that. Just awful play by Adrian twice. Poor clearance, awful same attempt.

I thought the same when I watched it but couldn't ever see them calling that. Just awful play by Adrian twice. Poor clearance, awful same attempt.
True - they used to call it when I was a kid, but changed that long ago.  He's clearly influencing the play imo, particularly the GK's attention and positioning, but it will never be called under the interpretation of the rule they've been using for at least a decade.

Hate to be Debbie Downer while everyone is still celebrating - but I just saw that Daniele Rugani - Juventus defender - tested positive for coronavirus

This is where playing the second leg away seems like an advantage.  No away goals scored in either game in regulation, but two away goals scored AET give ATM a huge bonus.

Z is the master of the reverse jinx.  Just ####s all over Atletico until they win.
Meanwhile poor @shader had the exact opposite effect with this post...................

===========================

LFC have been a bit uninspired since the United game. Probably hard not to be with a 22 point lead, but I’m worried it’s going to carry over to the games that count.  Chelsea in FA and Atletico are both dicey games now. Decent chance there’s nothing to play for 2 weeks from now.

Beating a Diego Simeone side over two legs is ####### tough
It has been a hellish run of bad results to remove the shine from the incredible (can't state this strong enough) season they were having.

===================

They lost to Watford to lose the undefeated season.

They lost to Chelsea to get knocked out of the FA Cup before the quarter finals

The lost twice in a row to AM to get knocked out of the UCL before the quarter finals.

At this point it would shock no one if the EPL some how cancelled the rest of the season and they were left with an * in the books (after the most dominating EPL season ever)....

Meanwhile poor @shader had the exact opposite effect with this post...................

===========================

LFC have been a bit uninspired since the United game. Probably hard not to be with a 22 point lead, but I’m worried it’s going to carry over to the games that count.  Chelsea in FA and Atletico are both dicey games now. Decent chance there’s nothing to play for 2 weeks from now.
I’m sad to lose, but the weird thing is, lfc played better in the first 97 minutes than I’ve seen all season. I had a blast.  Adrian threw it away and that was that.

This team put it all on the line for the premier league title this season and it worked spectacularly.  This was the first game in a Europe where they looked anything like they did last season (until the end)

Hopefully next season having that league monkey off their back, they can be a bit more balanced among competitions.

It has been a hellish run of bad results to remove the shine from the incredible (can't state this strong enough) season they were having.

===================

They lost to Watford to lose the undefeated season.

They lost to Chelsea to get knocked out of the FA Cup before the quarter finals

The lost twice in a row to AM to get knocked out of the UCL before the quarter finals.

At this point it would shock no one if the EPL some how cancelled the rest of the season and they were left with an * in the books (after the most dominating EPL season ever)....
Ugh this sounds terrible.  Surely they won’t get the dreaded asterisk

I’m sad to lose, but the weird thing is, lfc played better in the first 97 minutes than I’ve seen all season. I had a blast.  Adrian threw it away and that was that.

This team put it all on the line for the premier league title this season and it worked spectacularly.  This was the first game in a Europe where they looked anything like they did last season (until the end)

Hopefully next season having that league monkey off their back, they can be a bit more balanced among competitions.
It’s tough to beat ATM :oldunsure:

I'm sure that Liverpool's xG was significantly higher than Atlético's. But Oblak proved his worth yet again to deny those goals.
Hard for Liverpool to overcome Shader jinx, hell they are so far in front it would be impossible to lose and yet now here we are talking about Canceling the end of the season. #shaderjinx

also fu @gator

Watching the closed door PSG Dortmund game is a strange experience.  It feels like a scrimmage.
Did the same with Milan/Genoa on Sunday. One of the cool things was you could hear the players and coaches and ref. If only I spoke fluent Italian that would've made it more fun. Kind of felt like a Minor league Phantoms hockey game when they didn't get big crowds and we sat behind the benches and could hear everything. I remember harassing the crap out of the Wilkes-barre Pens coach (who ended up in Pitt coaching them to a cup) a few times. I think he legit heard me at one point because he turned around and gave one of those where the heck did that come from looks and who said that. 

NewlyRetired said:

shader said:
Ugh this sounds terrible.  Surely they won’t get the dreaded asterisk
Correct.  Best thing they can do is not name a champion for this season

IGHALO!!!

1-0 United at the half.  Bruno with the assist of course.  So much more fun to watch now.

Empty stadium and echos are an odd thing.

Correct.  Best thing they can do is not name a champion for this season
:o

=======================================

@swearimnotpaul

The DFL and DFB are considering ending the Bundesliga season after this weekend, according to the Express. No trophy would be awarded and no relegation would take place. Instead, the Bundesliga would be expanded to 22 teams for 2020-21 with the top four teams from the second tier

:o

=======================================

@swearimnotpaul

The DFL and DFB are considering ending the Bundesliga season after this weekend, according to the Express. No trophy would be awarded and no relegation would take place. Instead, the Bundesliga would be expanded to 22 teams for 2020-21 with the top four teams from the second tier
Cmon EPL!!! Lets do the same!!!

IGHALO!!!

1-0 United at the half.  Bruno with the assist of course.  So much more fun to watch now.

Empty stadium and echos are an odd thing.
That was quite a 2nd half.  Goals by James, Mata, Greenwood, Pereira make it 5-0, the last 2 coming in Fergie time.  

Dan Roan@danroan

BREAKING: Premier League and EFL look set to announce both will be suspended until at least Apr 4th, when situation will be reviewed. Hearing EFL board agreed on this unanimously. Premier League meeting happening in 10 mins when clubs will be urged to follow suit

PL seem to be going along kicking and screaming, despite two teams directly affected by the virus right now.

During the shutdown NBC should just re-run the Leicester title year for us.

Edit: Some guy on Twitter just suggested the same thing only adding the MST3K guys for commentary.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread