What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽ Soccer Match-day Thread (2 Viewers)

Wrexham leading 1-2 after a half at Scunthorpe through goals by Palmer and Hayden. Wrexham moves top of the table if the result holds.
National League TV launched.

Currently ~5.00 for a matchday pass depending on the currency conversion rate. I already have Peacock for Newcastle and iFollow for Ipswich Town. I’d do this, too, but I already get a lot of game time conflicts as it is.

United hosting Forrest. Illness hitting United so they have a back 4 of Wan-Bissaka, Varane, Shaw, Malacia

Lindelof, McT sick. Martinez not back from Argentina. Maguire sick but on the bench.

And Lingard is back at Old Trafford with Forrest.

I have made my fair share of bad predictions but I am happy to say none have been anywhere near as close as the people who predicted Haaland would not be able to score in the EPL because the defenders would be too good.

===================================

[Opta] Erling Haaland has become the fastest player to score 20 goals in the Premier League, doing so in 14 appearances.

On paper, it doesn’t seem like West Ham
should suck this bad.
They have a top 10 payroll in the EPL. If they get relegated, it's gonna be a fire sale.

On that note. Brentford only have a salary of 15M pounds a year. This is their second year in the EPL, which gives 240M pounds per team in tv revenue each year. They also have made nearly 180M pounds in transfers in the last 6 years. They're looking safe to stay up again this year right now. Someone over there is raking in the cash.

should suck this bad.
They have a top 10 payroll in the EPL. If they get relegated, it's gonna be a fire sale.

On that note. Brentford only have a salary of 15M pounds a year. This is their second year in the EPL, which gives 240M pounds per team in tv revenue each year. They also have made nearly 180M pounds in transfers in the last 6 years. They're looking safe to stay up again this year right now. Someone over there is raking in the cash.
Brentford is making it difficult for teams to beat them. They are a nice story for this year, could get into Europe.

West Ham is in trouble. After a few years of top 6, they should be better. The Moyesiah has fallen.

1 v 3 today with Arsenal v Newcastle.

Been a nice couple days of games in the EPL.

Bretford beats Liverpool
Arsenal and Newcastle draw
United beats Bournemouth

Current table:
Arsenal 44 pts, 17 pl, +26
City 36 pts, 16 pl, +28
Newcastle 35 pts, 18 pl, +21
United 35 pts, 17 pl, +7
Tottenham 30 pts, 17 pl, +8
Liverpool 28 pts, 17 pl, +12
Fulham 28 pts. 18 pl, +3

should suck this bad.

Brentford is making it difficult for teams to beat them. They are a nice story for this year, could get into Europe.

West Ham is in trouble. After a few years of top 6, they should be better. The Moyesiah has fallen.

1 v 3 today with Arsenal v Newcastle.
Got to take my son to this match as a very belated high school graduation present. Awesome experience!

Big day of FA Cup games, with Gillingham/Leicester and Spurs/Portsmouth in fifteen minutes, Coventry/Wrexham at 1730 (local), Pigs/Newcastle at 1800 and then Liverpool/Wolves at 2000 all being televised here. Personally there was no way I could make Millwall away, so I'm at a step six of non-league match (i.e. nine divisions below the Premier League) at three

We're two up at half time, will take it, just get Ndiaye off please. Big shock on the cards in Derbyshire as Chesterfield have equalised twice and now lead 3-2 at half time against in form West Brom from three divisions above

We're two up at half time, will take it, just get Ndiaye off please. Big shock on the cards in Derbyshire as Chesterfield have equalised twice and now lead 3-2 at half time against in form West Brom from three divisions above
WBA snatch a draw at the end. I watched Ipswich go up 3-1 and turned over just in time to jinx Chesterfield.

You can really see how early Newcastle still are in their rebuild. We rotate a solid, overachieving starting 11 for the cup match and see how terrible the bench is.

How there wasn't a camera angle available for VAR to see it and how the linesman screwed it up so badly I do not understand.

Everybody seems to think it was on the corner taker but even that doesn't make a whole lot of sense unless the linesman just totally misses the second header - which seems impossible. I'm just assuming a brainfart.

How there wasn't a camera angle available for VAR to see it and how the linesman screwed it up so badly I do not understand.

Everybody seems to think it was on the corner taker but even that doesn't make a whole lot of sense unless the linesman just totally misses the second header - which seems impossible. I'm just assuming a brainfart.
Who else could it be on? No one else was ever in an offside position. And he was the only one not in the replays shown during the game or highlights. It took fan videos to show how wrong it was.

The bigger question to me is this: Did they change the laws away from it having to be a FORWARD pass? Both headers were backwards. Can't be offside on a backwards pass. Or at least you used to not be able to be.

Who else could it be on?
pause it at 0:27

Hwang is offside on the initial ball in, but I'm not saying it's the right call. I feel like the deflected ball back should have taken Hwang to an onside position.

Users who are viewing this thread