What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽ Soccer Match-day Thread (3 Viewers)

Wth - looked like Chiwell was in the box first - that’s a load of **** even if he was nudged

I think this is a *right call, bad rule* situation

The kick is retaken either way under the rule, but they seem to only call it on misses/saves.

Even if the offensive player is in the box first? I think there’s an argument Chilwell was pushed but seemed obvious to me he was in there first - but I’ll be honest, I have no clue what the actual rule is.

Wth - looked like Chiwell was in the box first - that’s a load of **** even if he was nudged

I think this is a *right call, bad rule* situation

The kick is retaken either way under the rule, but they seem to only call it on misses/saves.

Even if the offensive player is in the box first? I think there’s an argument Chilwell was pushed but seemed obvious to me he was in there first - but I’ll be honest, I have no clue what the actual rule is.

I think the rule when both teams encroach is its a retake, whether the first kick was made or missed. Agree that Chilwell was in the area first.

What a start for STL City. Go down by a goal in first 3 minutes away at Portland and come back to win 2-1 and improve to 3-0, sitting in sole possession of 1st place. The only team in MLS with 3 wins. They've also tied Seattle as the only expansion teams to win their first 3 in a row.

Crazy.

wow, Haaland is wild. 38 goals through all competition for Citeh this year and more to come for sure. He may put up a double hat trick

Leipzig getting outplayed but on the wrong end of two major calls that were questionable.
Whoever is doing the play by play on Eurosport agrees with you.

"First City goal was never a penalty, the second one came following a blatant foul, and Ederson somehow got away with charging Laimer. I've no idea how VAR allows this"

So Austin up 2-0 with 30 minutes to go in CCL needing to win by 4. One more goal at least pushes this to extra time. This is happening.

Another game, some more bad calls by a ref.

I don't think I've ever seen a player booked for as clean a tackle as Pellestri just did.

United, Juve are through
Feyenoord are through 8-2 on aggregate after a 7-1 win
Sevilla trying to hold on to their 2-1 agg with 9 mins of Fergie time.

Conte going all out in the press conference today trying to secure his position by playing nice :lmao:

============================

"They're used to it here. Don't play for something important. They don't want to play under pressure. They don't want to play under stress.

"Tottenham's story is this. Twenty years there is the owner and they never won something. Why? The fault is only for the club, or for every manager that stay here. I have seen the managers that Tottenham had on the bench.

"It is time to change this situation if Tottenham want to change. If they want to continue in this way, they can change the manager, a lot of managers, but the situation cannot change. Believe me."

Conte going all out in the press conference today trying to secure his position by playing nice :lmao:

============================

"They're used to it here. Don't play for something important. They don't want to play under pressure. They don't want to play under stress.

"Tottenham's story is this. Twenty years there is the owner and they never won something. Why? The fault is only for the club, or for every manager that stay here. I have seen the managers that Tottenham had on the bench.

"It is time to change this situation if Tottenham want to change. If they want to continue in this way, they can change the manager, a lot of managers, but the situation cannot change. Believe me."
I’d say blaming the refs may be a better strategy having actually watched that game.

Price should just keep going up but I don’t see anyway he’s not sold this summer.

And should bring a record return I would expect.

Thiago Almada with his 3 ridiculous goal of the year. This one was so insanely far out that we never thought he’d even go for goal.

Keeper has to do better but look how far out he is and he put it on a dime.

Oh wow - he got sent off too. 3 reds in 2 minutes. Fulham were the better side until now - sucks for their fans if this goes as expected but they only have themselves to blame as it was the correct call

Users who are viewing this thread