What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽ Soccer Match-day Thread (5 Viewers)

Arsenal potentially throwing away the title
They were very lucky to get a draw. Liverpool were dominant for the last hour, after Xhaka stirred things up.

Haven't seen the xG but I bet Liverpool crushed it.

ETA: Liverpool 5.1(!!) - 1.6 Arsenal. Even without the PK attempt 4-2 would have been a fair score.
Ramsdale came up big with several saves to keep it a draw. He was on fire.

3-2 Wrexham. Looking forward to seeing highlights of this, must be crazy scenes. 10 minutes left, maybe.
It’s over! They gave Notts a penalty at the death and it was saved! Wrexham win 3-2.
https://twitter.com/Dexerto/status/1645479255302602785?cxt=HHwWwoCwmcSq9dUtAAAA
"YouTuber saves crucial penalty to put Ryan Reynolds' Wrexham top of the National League"

YouTuber? That's Ben Foster who played 20+ years including for teams like Manchester United, Stoke, West Brom, Watford

:excited:
@NUFC

We are heading to the USA this summer! The Magpies will travel to the States in July to take part in the #PLSummerSeries.

Aston Villa - 23 July - Philadelphia
Chelsea - 26 July - Atlanta
Brighton - 28 July - New Jersey

I’ll definitely be going to one of these. Leaning towards the Philly game but Jersey might be easier being a Friday.

Red Bull arena is a great little stadium but only 25K seats, they'll go fast

Saw Thierry Henry vs Arsenal there back in 2014

My son is gonna fly in to watch the game with me

Don't fall in love with a loan player. Don't fall in love with a loan player. Don't fall in love with a loan player. Don't fall in love with a loan player. Don't fall in love with a loan player.

SABITZER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't fall in love with a loan player. Don't fall in love with a loan player. Don't fall in love with a loan player. Don't fall in love with a loan player. Don't fall in love with a loan player.

SABITZER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
with the brace

Lamela escapes red for something the EPL gives reds for.

Bruno misses the second leg for a yellow when the ball hits his elbow from half a yard away that is in no way a yellow and a questionable free kick.

United need to get going again. 2-0 isnt going to hold it.

Malacia with a horror show - and that’s after some really poor finishing on the other end.

And now Martinez goes down with no contact. What a horrible one minute for United.

Malacia with a horror show - and that’s after some really poor finishing on the other end.

And now Martinez goes down with no contact. What a horrible one minute for United.
:rant: :hot:

Varane subbed at the half, possible injury
Martinez hurt

Out of subs
United trying to give this away when the tie should have been done.

United stopped playing at 2-0 and gave this away

Now they have to win the 2nd leg and may not have their top D or Bruno or Rashford

They stopped playing at 2-0.
Survived the first half up 2-0 and needing a boost they put in Maguire. That never gives them a boost, it slows it down. They spent 45 mins trying to hold on. Maguire started bright then went full Maguire. Malacia had a nightmare.

United 2-2 Sevilla
Juve 1-0 Sporting
Bayer Leverkusen 1-1 Union
Feyenoord 1-0 Roma

Fixture congestion from the WC finally catching up.

Survived the first half up 2-0 and needing a boost they put in Maguire. That never gives them a boost, it slows it down. They spent 45 mins trying to hold on. Maguire started bright then went full Maguire. Malacia had a nightmare.

United 2-2 Sevilla
Juve 1-0 Sporting
Feyenoord 1-0 Roma

Things were looking good for top-4, a deep run here and then maybe a Wembley matchup with City. Now I’d probably take just top-4 and be content.

United 2-2 Sevilla
Juve 1-0 Sporting
Feyenoord 1-0 Roma

Things were looking good for top-4, a deep run here and then maybe a Wembley matchup with City. Now I’d probably take just top-4 and be content.
Yeah. Forrest on the weekend then Sevilla and Brighton in the FA Cup. Might not have their D. Top 4 is the priority

Harry McGuirre's forehead orange traffic coning an gorgeous, hockey-style, redirected own goal is the platonic ideal of ... something. Like if you put it in a script they'd laugh you out of office.

One of the few good things about a lunchtime kickoffs is, if you win, the free hit you get just watching the scores come in while you bask in the glory of victory in the pub. Shame Luton just scored on the stroke of half time, but Burton having put three past the Pork is not a bad consolation prize

I didn't watch then entire 1st half- from 15min to abuot before BHA scored... but chels look all kinds of bad. horrible, pre-season-esque team shape on both sides of the ball. they look like they have no ideas what they're supposed to be doing or how they're supposed to do it together.

Users who are viewing this thread