What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

🏈🏈🏈 OFFICIAL 2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD - LIVE FROM MOTOWN 🏈🏈🏈 (1 Viewer)

Colts will take either Bowers, Thomas Jr., or trade down. Bowers could go at 10 to the Jets, but if he doesn’t there’s a good chance he will be there at 15.

If they trade down they could still get Thomas Jr or Worthy.

My delusional Raiders fan friend is *positive* they’re going to send SF their 1 for Aiyuk tomorrow.

Bro. Settle down. They have Gardner Minshew at QB. They are not one Aiyuk away from greatness. :rolleyes:

Happy draft week everyone!

What locked and loaded presumed top 10 pick won’t go until the 20s this year?
Feels like there are 8 locks in the first 10 picks.

Caleb, Daniels, Maye, JJ
MHjr, Nabers, Odunze
Alt

Turner, Bowers are often in the top 10-12 picks range, but neither guy falls into the 20s.

I'm hoping for some O-line help and/or Bowers. I doubt Bowers will make it to the Bengals, but the Bengals never move up, so the best offensive tackle would be excellent.

I can't think of a better to watch the Draft tonight than with our Sigmund Bloom and Matt Waldman. Join us here tonight. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AobBWo_0YP4
Better than ESPN or the NFL network.

Thank you @steeler6 . And I think ESPN and NFL Network are great. But Matt and Sig are just that good.

Matt is at the very top of the game for Draft Evaluation. His Rookie Scouting Portfolio https://mattwaldmanrsp.com/ is the bible for Offensive Players in the Draft. And Sig is world class talking all of Football especially how players impact from a Fantasy Football angle.

Was at the Vegas Draft 2 years ago and it was one of the highlights of my in-person Sports experiences. If any folks are are going tonight have a blast!

Is this where we call our shots?

Odunze is a 🐻

Titans trade down to the teens and get Fashanu

broncos do not draft a QB tonight.

Colts give up the farm to draft Harrison jr.

Colts give up the farm to draft Harrison jr.
Ballard doesn't trade up unless it's just a couple of spots, like they did for JT. This simply isn't going to happen I don't believe, but I could be wrong. Ballard likes to trade down and if Bowers is off the board at 15, I can see them trading down a few spots and still get a WR they covet, whether that is Thomas Jr. or Worthy or someone else. Some seem to think they go for need (DB) at 15, but I disagree, because they restructured Buckner's contract for reason (DB in free agency?).

Colts will take either Bowers, Thomas Jr., or trade down. Bowers could go at 10 to the Jets, but if he doesn’t there’s a good chance he will be there at 15.

Thomas JR is such a better prospect than Worthy. I think Worthy falls to the second.

Quinyon Mitchell would be hard to pass on if he is there although Philly may be willing to move up for him if you have your heart set on WR.

Thomas JR is such a better prospect than Worthy. I think Worthy falls to the second.

Quinyon Mitchell would be hard to pass on if he is there although Philly may be willing to move up for him if you have your heart set on WR.
I absolutely think Worthy will get drafted in the 1st round. He's not just another speed guy only. He had a young breakout his freshman year and proved he is a lot more than just a speed guy. Someone is taking him in the first round, bank on it.

Think Marshawn Lloyd is first back taken.

Highest fumble rate in the last decade, often injured, limited production and he's old.

Llyod carried only 116 times but he ranked No. 1 in broken tackle percentage (24%) and yards after contact per attempt (4.25). That was after posting impressive evasion numbers in his final year at South Carolina. Due to his recruiting profile, sky high evasion (37%) and boom (18%) rates, and intriguing receiving numbers. He will be fine. Lloyd rushed for 793 yards at South Carolina from 2021 through 2022, averaging 3.4 yards after contact and forcing 0.28 missed tackles per attempt. He had his best season at USC in 2023, leading all draft-eligible rushers in forced missed tackle rate and averaging 4.0 yards after contact. Lloyd rushed for 1,609 yards in college, with 65% of his yards coming after contact.

Lloyd is a starting NFL-caliber athlete for the running back position. If he can improve his vision to see space before it opens up, he can be an impact starter.

Tex

I absolutely think Worthy will get drafted in the 1st round. He's not just another speed guy only. He had a young breakout his freshman year and proved he is a lot more than just a speed guy. Someone is taking him in the first round, bank on it.
I would bet Worthy goes closer to mid second than late first. I think teams are gonna be gobbling up the remaining stud O linemen late first. I think there is legit concern about Worthy’s size. I also don’t think teams are as impressed these days with speed. Defenses have taken this advantage away. I’d much prefer to have a Lad Mcconkey, Ricky Pearsoll, AD Mitchell, Keon Coleman etc.

Also, I think Brian Thomas goes before pick 15.

Will take my shots and probably be wrong, but here goes:

Positional value be damned, I think Bowers goes early like to the Chargers or maybe Giants, none of this slipping to 10 or later business.

A lot of WR's get drafted to disappointing spots as like #2 guys or #3's blocked for the time being.

We'll be disappointed in how few big trades materialize.

KC trades up, but not to take a WR (OT is my guess), disappointing all fantasy players

I would bet Worthy goes closer to mid second than late first. I think teams are gonna be gobbling up the remaining stud O linemen late first. I think there is legit concern about Worthy’s size. I also don’t think teams are as impressed these days with speed. Defenses have taken this advantage away. I’d much prefer to have a Lad Mcconkey, Ricky Pearsoll, AD Mitchell, Keon Coleman etc.

Also, I think Brian Thomas goes before pick 15.
Ok, we will just wait and see for both. Not that Thomas jr. was going early anyway, his recent medicals with the bum left shoulder won't help. I can see both he and Worthy going anywhere from 15-31 in the first round.

Just thought it would be fun to post our mock draft to compare...

I’d bet on Barton, Pearsall, kneeland and Colson going higher in the real deal

Harrison, McConkey and Fatanu in the first round for the Cards would be a lot of fun.

Harrison, McConkey and Fatanu in the first round for the Cards would be a lot of fun.
I hope McConkey gets 1st rd draft capital. He's not without warts, as demonstrated in the Senior Bowl when they quit giving him a cushion they shut him down, but all he did at Georgia was get open and I love his YAC ability.

Last edited:
JJ McCarthy falls to the 20's where his production profile quite obviously belongs.
I think the Vikes take him at 11. The Vikes would love to move up for Drake Maye but I think the Pats are gonna take him at 3.
This. If they don't get Maye. Sticking and picking JJ and keeping 23 and next year's first would be huge. Daniel Jeremiah's final mock projected that with Chop Robinson at 23rd.

That said if O'Connell believes enough in Maye to trade the farm to go get him I'm on board. One of either those please. Or Jayden which is a long shot. I guess Penix as a consolation prize but I want aggressiveness.

Yikes. That would be huge.

I like retired Cam Newton so much more than NFL Cam Newton. :shrug:

(I think he's been really good in his appearances today. I might actually check out his podcast.)

Here is my one and only mock.

1) Chicago....Caleb Williams
2) Washington....Jayden Daniels
3) New England.....Drake Maye
4) Arizona....Marvin Harrison
5) Minnesota via trade with Chargers....JJ McCarthy
6) NY Giants....Malik Neighbors
7) Tennessee....Joe Alt
8) Jacksonville via trade with Falcons...Rome Odunze
9) Raiders via trade with Chicago...Michael Penix JR
10) Jets....Brock Bowers
11) Chargers...JC Latham.