What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

🏈🏈🏈 OFFICIAL 2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD - LIVE FROM MOTOWN 🏈🏈🏈 (3 Viewers)

Very disappointing pick for the Miami Dolphins, easily the worst on the board since Atlanta took Penix No 8 overall
Miami didn't get any better tonight
I thought the fan base here thought Shaq Barrett was a fine holdover until Phillips and Chubb return, yes/no?

Shameful that Miami had talent fall to them and walked right over it.
Chop Robinson? I honestly doubt anyone is talking him up after his rookie season, seriously.
If you're gonna watch all that Offense go top half 1st round and then you settle for Chop at No 21 overall...I don't understand
Chop was going in that range in most mocks. You might not like the pick but it doesn't seem like bad value

Sucks that injuries caused the Fins to go from edge being a position of extreme strength to a position where they had to reach on a 2nd round talent in the matter of a few months.
On Drafbuzz, the 10 experts had a wide range of predictions from pick 11 to 42. The median was 25.5. He's a great athlete who has underperformed but he just turned 21 in January. Maybe Miami could've traded back a little?

>>NFL.com’s Lance Zierlein described Robinson as an “edge defender who offers the type of elite athleticism we’ve seen from players like Micah Parsons and Myles Garrett. Robinson might not be as fast as Parsons, but he’s close. He’s ultra-twitchy with the explosiveness to get on top of blockers and overwhelm them in an instant.<<

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article287351025.html#storylink=cpy

Why did he drop so far?
Becuase he was playing against day 3 WRs and day never QBs.
Still, was mocked top 15 almost everywhere.
Its almost as if these Mocks don’t necessarily think the same as NFL GMs
I know this, but still. Big drop.

Jeramiah is pretty connected and usually has a solid mock. Had him at 17:

"It will not surprise me if Mitchell is drafted much earlier. Teams love him. This would be a great value pick if he's still available for the Jaguars at No. 17."

JAX take a WR Thomas? Would be exciting for fantasy!
I think they have, and have had, enough slightly above average WRs.
I guess not.
Seemed like their biggest need and Thomas was the next big name. Watching the highlights right now, he appears to have the exact role they used Calvin in last year as a deep threat down the sideline (which Ridley wasn't a good fit for.)

Edit: I forgot they signed Gabe to be the deep threat guy

Very disappointing pick for the Miami Dolphins, easily the worst on the board since Atlanta took Penix No 8 overall
Miami didn't get any better tonight
I thought the fan base here thought Shaq Barrett was a fine holdover until Phillips and Chubb return, yes/no?

Shameful that Miami had talent fall to them and walked right over it.
Chop Robinson? I honestly doubt anyone is talking him up after his rookie season, seriously.
If you're gonna watch all that Offense go top half 1st round and then you settle for Chop at No 21 overall...I don't understand
Chop was going in that range in most mocks. You might not like the pick but it doesn't seem like bad value
Part of the issue is anyone who plays Edge is going to have to sit the bench when Chubb and Phillips return so I'm not sure Miami maximized their 2024 outlook much with that pick.

Jackson Powers at Center would have been a much better selection for this team. Taking another Edge guy for '24 is not what they needed
Newton at DT from Illinois was a Top 10 prospect at different points in the off season...I don't understand
Chop doesn't cover RBs in the flat very well, he's pretty much just an Edge rusher and not anyone the Head Coach is going to mentor
I don't see the upside with the Miami pick, and just because he was projected in that range doesn't mean he was a good pick.

Sucks that injuries caused the Fins to go from edge being a position of extreme strength to a position where they had to reach on a 2nd round talent in the matter of a few months.
On Drafbuzz, the 10 experts had a wide range of predictions from pick 11 to 42. The median was 25.5. He's a great athlete who has underperformed but he just turned 21 in January. Maybe Miami could've traded back a little?

>>NFL.com’s Lance Zierlein described Robinson as an “edge defender who offers the type of elite athleticism we’ve seen from players like Micah Parsons and Myles Garrett. Robinson might not be as fast as Parsons, but he’s close. He’s ultra-twitchy with the explosiveness to get on top of blockers and overwhelm them in an instant.<<

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article287351025.html#storylink=cpy
They could’ve re-signed Van Ginkel as well. He had a monster season.

Why did he drop so far?
Becuase he was playing against day 3 WRs and day never QBs.
Still, was mocked top 15 almost everywhere.
Its almost as if these Mocks don’t necessarily think the same as NFL GMs
I know this, but still. Big drop.

Jeramiah is pretty connected and usually has a solid mock. Had him at 17:

"It will not surprise me if Mitchell is drafted much earlier. Teams love him. This would be a great value pick if he's still available for the Jaguars at No. 17."
Its part of my annoyance when people go off with this “he had a xxx grade” when they don’t really know what grades the GMs really have for them.

"Kahn is the first ever owner to appear in a draft war room."

Has Jerry Jones ever not been in his team's war room?
It was the second half of his sentence. He mentioned that Kahn was the only owner to be in the war room AFTER getting a pile driver at a wrestling match the night before. I guess Kahn is involved with a wrestling company?

I agree with Bagel on this one, Chop was not on anybody's list discussing the Dolphins
Shame that after Chubb and Phillips they have to burn a 1st
There were also decent IOL that would have amplified other positions like the speed Miami has at RB and WR
Just saying...

"Kahn is the first ever owner to appear in a draft war room."

Has Jerry Jones ever not been in his team's war room?
It was the second half of his sentence. He mentioned that Kahn was the only owner to be in the war room AFTER getting a pile driver at a wrestling match the night before. I guess Kahn is involved with a wrestling company?
Oh, i missed that. My bad.

more reasonable price then the previous trades, but still seems pricey. Is there a round 3 value difference in the next 5 players? Personally, I don't believe so

Lions get
  • 2024 1st-round pick (No. 24)
  • 2025 7th-round pick
Cowboys get
  • 2024 1st-round pick (No. 29)
  • 2024 3rd-round pick (No. 73)
AND I LOVE IT

Lions get
  • 2024 1st-round pick (No. 24)
  • 2025 7th-round pick
Cowboys get
  • 2024 1st-round pick (No. 29)
  • 2024 3rd-round pick (No. 73)
AND I LOVE IT
Worth it. And I love that they got a 7th back. Not enough teams do that when sending a 3rd etc.

Users who are viewing this thread