What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

🏈🏈🏈 OFFICIAL 2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD - LIVE FROM MOTOWN 🏈🏈🏈 (2 Viewers)

Lots of DT reaches IMO

Michael Hall Jr. DL, OHIOST​

Height: 6-2, Weight: 280

Tremendous selection. Awesome value meets serious need. Young, high-level productivity and athleticism. Hand work is well beyond his years. Could improve beating blocks vs. the run but he holds up well there for an interior rusher. (Chris Trapasso)

Grade A+
That seems like Trapasso is damning him with faint praise.

As an ND fan, Marist Liufau has a gift. I’ve never seen a player so adept at running directly into his blocker. He was a heat seeking missile for the guy assigned to block him on the play.

Honestly not sure which is the better fantasy asset between Dowdle and Zeke if it happens, but I would think it would be great for whatever value is remaining for both backs.

Plenty of rounds for a rookie to hop on. But the options are steadily starting to dry up.

Honestly not sure which is the better fantasy asset between Dowdle and Zeke if it happens, but I would think it would be great for whatever value is remaining for both backs.

Plenty of rounds for a rookie to hop on. But the options are steadily starting to dry up.
I like Jaylen Wright and Ray Davis. Braelon Allen not so much.

Really surprised how far the Oregon guys are falling. Thought they'd have like 5 guys gone by now.
Only one really falling is Franklin. Dorlus, Jackson and Irving were middle round guys weren't they?
I like Dorlus better than probably half the DTs who went ahead of him. At least 3-4 CBs I like Jackson more than. I kind of forgot about Irving, but I'm not surprised he's still there, given that Jaylen Wright still is too.

dunno if anyone has made this point and I guess it might be a little of a backtrack but I too was perplexed that Atlanta took Phenix @ 8. I think the argument that they got a rent-a-QB for 1-2 years or until father time decides to break something and they'd be better served taking defense or another pass catcher. And I get it, especially given that the league and many fans want thier instant gratification but ATL is playing longball and for that reason I don't hate it. Let's just assume he pans out and turns ATL into a contender a year-2 then they look great.

On the one hand most of the grades had McKinley Jackson rated a couple rounds later

On the other hand apparently this draft had exactly two true nose tackles in it. Sweat and Jackson. Sweat never made it to the Bengals at 49 so we lock down the other option.

Grading aside I don't think he makes it back to us at 115.

So I get the pick but not ideal.

-QG

Couple thoughts after day 2:

Whomever gets Troy Franklin is getting the steal of the draft. Insanity that he's a day 3 pick. Wouldn't be surprised if he was better than 1 of the Xaviers.

Ravens doing Ravens things. Getting a #1 CB, a starting OL, and a starting DE in the top-100, and not having to move up to do so.

Very happy as a Bears fan. Day 1 was ideal and getting Amegadjie at #75 was great. I think he's a starting LT in time.

Steelers addressed their needs to perfection. Zach Frazier screams Steelers Center, and both Wilsons could/should start as rookies.

Props to the Giants for getting the best Safety and a solid #2 CB on day 2, to go with Nabers Thursday. Best draft for Daboll and co. so far.

Howie Roseman continues to be the master. Eagles needed secondary help and got the 2 best defenders in the draft in my opinion. I think they are gonna be right back in the Super Bowl hunt.

The Jim Harbaugh era is off to an excellent start. McConkey is a favorite of mine, and I think he's a legit NFL #1 WR. Also makes the Alt pick look better than if they'd gone Nabers, and then had to settle for say, Patrick Paul at OT.

Much like the Eagles, I like the Lions knowing what they need, and hammering it. Arnold and Rakestraw might be their starting CBs as soon as this season.

Very unimpressed with Buffalo's start, even as someone who likes Coleman more than Worthy or Legette.

Feel like I did a lot better job for Arizona in our FBG mock draft, than they did in real life. Not sure they added much besides Harrison, despite 7 top-100 picks.

Man remember when 3rd year WR breakout was the standard? Now they've mentioned multiple times on this broadcast how teams are looking at WR because it's one of the easiest positions to step in and have an immediate impact. How things have changed.
Used to be a lot of teams didn’t have pro-style offenses. A lot of those 2 years of seasoning was learning an NFL-style playbook and letting the game slow down for them.

I still think there’s a 3rd year boost where receivers get more acclimated. But they’re seemingly coming into the league more seasoned.
Passing in general is way up in college and high school. These kids are getting taught actual route trees and techniques as kids and getting thousands of reps in before even entering college.

Whomever gets Troy Franklin is getting the steal of the draft. Insanity that he's a day 3 pick. Wouldn't be surprised if he was better than 1 of the Xaviers
He's a favorite, but there's gotta be something we don't know.
Passing in general is way up in college and high school. These kids are getting taught actual route trees and techniques as kids and getting thousands of reps in before even entering college.
I've seen a lot of NFL writers say the increase and prevalence of 7-on-7 as well. I had no idea.

But when you see Devy guys sharing clips, a lot of them are 7-on-7

Users who are viewing this thread