What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

1-5, 2-4 Support Group (1 Viewer)

Mistabishi

Footballguy
I've come out of this situation before and it seems that it all depends on your roster and are they coming on, getting healthy, are falling apart.

The choices are just hang on and let what will be, be.

Or get aggressive with trades. Or get aggressive with lottery type waiver pickups.

I have a coming on/holding steady type roster and my league is moronic on understanding trades so I'm going to have to sit tight. I will take some swings at high upside waiver guys like Vincent Brown but because I think my roster is good enough to make it to the playoffs if my scheduling luck improves I'm not going to burn good players just for random waiver flyers.

I'd love to hear the mindset of others in this quite common fantasy situation.

I'm 2-4. Started out 0-3, worst start in my long time (16 yrs) league. Had the high score of the season Week 4, lost again last week. Set a new league record this week with 207 points, now 2nd in points, sixth overall. No WC, I've got 8 weeks to climb two more spots.

Not much margin for error, but my mindset is in a competitive league, 10-4 is usually the #1 seed, 9-5 or 8-6 usually gets #4. I had a goo team all along. Made one trade of starting RB-WR for same, grind the wire every week, and hope it works out.

Weird things happen in a long season, cream rises to the top, take the bad beats and keeo grinding.

When I have been in this situation in the past, I simply look at my roster and key in one particular position that I feel is my weak spot and then proceed to offer out multiple(usually) many trades to try and upgrade even if I feel like I'm overpaying a bit. At this point, I usually make any 2 for or 3 for 2 trades that lands me the best best player in the deal, even if it means giving up 2 quality starters on my team for just one starter in return. One strategy that I was somehow able to pull off a couple of years ago with some good negotiating was to land a top QB, top 10 RB, top 10 WR and basically leave myself with no depth and play matchups and work the waiver wire it ended up working great as I lost only twice(including the league final) the rest of the season.

The biggest thing I look at is schedules. I look at team's schedules and note down the strength of schedule(fantasy points allowed) per position. I look at the each team's games played so far and then compare it to what they have coming up the rest of the season. This is actually a great way to identify sell high and buy low candidates at each position.

Thankfully, I'm not in this boat this season. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember being so pumped that in a start 3 WR and 2 TE league I managed to make out like a bandit with Nicks, Maclin, Stevie Johnson, Lance Moore and Hawkins while managing (through keepers and pick trading) to end up with MJD, R. Bush, F. Jax and A. Bradshaw, D. Brown RB core. Gronkowski, Olsen and Pitta as my TEs.

Picked up A. Morris before kickoff week 1, and Andre Brown when Bradshaw got injured, And Leshoure week 2, And Best last week, Ballard and Powell this week.

Traded FJax and my WR depth (Moore + Hawkins) for Roddy White the week he blew up.

STILL 2-4, ffs. Somehow, not sure how its possible, but AJ Green has been traded twice in this league and I have played him THREE times and have to play him again in 4 weeks...

'GordonGekko said:
I'd love to hear the mindset of others in this quite common fantasy situation.
I think for most fantasy players, there should be only one basic goal - Get to the playoffs. Doesn't matter what seed or how or why, just get to the playoffs. Once you are there, anything can happen. Anything usually does happen. At some point, when you have enough losses tallied up, then every week is your SuperBowl week. Find the asset you have that is most desirable to other teams and trade it. My mindset when I have a perpetually losing team is to "anchor" each unit. For example, I want at least 1 WR and 1 RB and if IDP, then at least 1 linebacker who I can say is rock solid and consistent. So for exampleQB1 - AnchorQB2 - StreamingWR1 - AnchorWR2 - StreamingWR3 - StreamingRB1 - AnchorRB2 - StreamingTE1 - AnchorTE2 - StreamingW/R/T - StreamingK - AnchorDEF - AnchorDEF - StreamingIf I have 2 strong QBs and a WR unit that by injury or disappointment all end up streaming situations, then I'm happy to trade that QB for a WR. Even as an overpay. The mistake I think many people make is to have a rock solid unit in one area and be middling everywhere else. It skews how you trade and how you work the waiver/free agent wire. It's alot easier to mine 2 streaming of whatever than three at any given point. "Overmining" in one area is a problem when you are in a big losing streak. Think about it, if you had Lynch and Morris and Foster as your running backs, what happens is might start hammering at what the WR market has if you are hurting but miss out on all the interesting injury replacements and handcuff to starter situations that happen in your one position of strength. Odds are if you are 0-5 or such, you don't have many real anchors ( Never mind their draft status or how you feel about them) IMHO, work to get your anchors and anything and everything is expendable to that point to achieve that.
:goodposting:

My strategy is to play in the weakest division(already accomplished) and start setting my lineup better.

RG3, A. Foster, J. Charles, A. Johnson, Demaryius Thomas, Kenny Britt, Aaron Hernandez, S. Graham, Patriots

bench: P. Manning, Ben Tate, Randall Cobb, Dominick Hixon, A. Hawkins, Fred Davis, Jared Cook, Dolphins, Waiver wire wonder

Seems like it should get better.

My strategy is to play in the weakest division(already accomplished) and start setting my lineup better.RG3, A. Foster, J. Charles, A. Johnson, Demaryius Thomas, Kenny Britt, Aaron Hernandez, S. Graham, Patriotsbench: P. Manning, Ben Tate, Randall Cobb, Dominick Hixon, A. Hawkins, Fred Davis, Jared Cook, Dolphins, Waiver wire wonderSeems like it should get better.
Depending on your scoring I would consider moving either RG3 or Peyton for a WR. They should both be top 3 after this week.

Depends on the league and the percieved reasonfor being in a hole.

In one league, I blew up my roster at 0-3 to 0-4, downgrading aging but still useful/valuable players for first round picks. My roster there now is terrible (scored a league low 50 this week), but I'm holding 5 first round picks and aquired a couple high upside devy players like Montee Ball.

IN another league I'm 2-4 thanks to a couple of under-achieving or injured but young players (Forte, Martin, Leshoure). In this league, I'm proceeding much more carefully, and will be much slower to take chances because that roster already looks pretty good for next year even if there's no bounce back this year.

There is no quick or simple answer to a start this bad...it has to be roster and league dependant.

(ETA: I am obviously speaking from a dynasty standpoint...I don't play in many redrafts anymore)

I just (must) have some bad *** luck :unsure:

QB Matt Ryan (Atl - QB)

WR James Jones (GB - WR)

WR Brandon Marshall (Chi - WR)

RB Arian Foster (Hou - RB)

RB Adrian Peterson (Min - RB)

W/R/T Jimmy Graham (NO - TE)

K Justin Tucker (Bal - K)

DEF Green Bay (GB - DEF)

BN Antonio Brown (Pit - WR)

BN Tony Gonzalez (Atl - TE)

BN Jeremy Maclin (Phi - WR)

BN Stevan Ridley (NE - RB)

BN LeGarrette Blount (TB - RB)

BN Minnesota (Min - DEF)

I'm 2-4.

I'm 2nd out of 14 in fantasy points scored.

I've faced the team that got the most points in a week 2 times, 2nd most once, and every week the team I've faced has been Top 5 in points scored.

Needless to say, my team is showing up every week, I have no complaints there, just getting some VERY bad luck in that the team I face has their best game of the season.

Ah well, started 0-4, won 2 in a row. Hopefully I can keep playing well.

1-5. 4th highest scorer. 1st in points against. Trying to trade away some depth for an upper tier QB or RB. Hoping a package of Gore and Rivers or Schaub can land me someone. I start the wrong freaking QBs everyweek. Ben is locked in every week but I managed to pick the wrong one out of Rivers/Schaub/Weedon. I've also left Bradshaw on the bench the last two weeks :thumbdown:

Ben, Rivers, Schaub, Weedon (Start 2)

Gore, Bradshaw, Morris, Sproles, Hunter (Start 2)

Colston, Nicks, Stevie, J.Jones, Hixon (Start 3)

Rudolph

My strategy is to spend 90% of my FF time on my other league and starting thinking about which players I'm going to keep for next year. I actually like the roster, so I'm not sure there is much to be done, other than hope for better luck (and check the inactives list more religiously so I don't end up starting Nicks when he's out again):

My team, incidentally, is a case-study in why drafting "for value" in an auction is a terrible idea. I have great depth and some top-quality players, but I think I'd have been better served by "overpaying" for Foster or Rice and going cheap on my backup WRs. Not total stars and scrubs, but a bit more in that direction.

10-team, non-PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE. 1-5 and dead last in points scored.

Strikethrough = traded away, Brackets = acquired in trade

QB: Vick, Romo, (Luck)

RB: Forte, Charles, SJax, Ridley, (LeShoure)

WR: Harvin, Nicks, DT, Lloyd, Maclin, Torrey Smith

TE: Gates, (Hernandez)

I agree with the above poster that your only goal should be to make the playoffs - making every week a crucial game, because you can't afford more loses. To improve your chances of winning week to week, the key is to avoid byes.

My strategize is to deal players to avoid bye weeks, ideally trading for players who have already had a bye, or at the very least, players that have byes in week 10 or 11. By doing so, my plan is to upgrade RB2, WR3, or flex positions, so I'm not stuck starting a Waiver Wire player at a flex. The goal is to increase your chances of winning when, say, you have two players on bye week 7. Turn around and do it again for week 8. etc. etc.

While the risk is that you sacrifice long-term potential for short term gain, that's really the only option because having a WR go off down the stretch won't really matter if you are 3-8 or something miserable. You need to stay above water through the byes, and ideally before the trade deadline, acquire some players with solid matchups down the stretch.

There are additional reasons to do this if you play in a league that awards cash or playoff spots to a team with the most total points - by avoiding bye weeks, you strengthen a few starters over every bye week, while at the same team weakening the team to whom you trade you bye week players. So strengthen your W-L chance, upgrade your point output, and decrease someone else's W-L chances, and down grade their point output.

Basically it's playing week to week.

Anyone have any experience doing this?

'Mistabishi said:
I've come out of this situation before and it seems that it all depends on your roster and are they coming on, getting healthy, are falling apart.The choices are just hang on and let what will be, be.Or get aggressive with trades. Or get aggressive with lottery type waiver pickups.I have a coming on/holding steady type roster and my league is moronic on understanding trades so I'm going to have to sit tight. I will take some swings at high upside waiver guys like Vincent Brown but because I think my roster is good enough to make it to the playoffs if my scheduling luck improves I'm not going to burn good players just for random waiver flyers.I'd love to hear the mindset of others in this quite common fantasy situation.
This is me in redraft all the way down to grabbing Vincent Brown this week. Been trying to trade my strength at RB for the past couple weeks. Thought I had Mendenhall for Torry Smith the game after Mendy came back but his performance on Thursday night messed that up. As many have experienced, I have played the hot team each week, Manning/Cruz'd in week 5, Rodgers/Nelson'd week 6. In the end, I will try to not overthink it when setting my lineup (a tendency of mine :bag: ) and a feeling of desperation can make me get overaggresive. Hears to a big win streak GB's :banned:

I'm in complete rebuild. The fact that I'm 2-4 and is sort of surprising. I figured I was going to be 0-6 at this point and came within 3 points of being 3-3 this last week. I'm glad I'm not in the cellar, but am torn every week when I win. Part of me is the competitor like that, but a small part of me wants the higher draft pick so I can get back to really winning again.

My problem is that the only guys on my team that owners want are my young guys that have not done much yet and they want to buy low like Wilson with the Giants and Floyd with the Cardinals. I'm sitting on Colston and waiting for a big WR to go down on a team in the playoff mix and see if I can get some youth from them for him. Otherwise, I'm scouring the WW and making pickups where I can. I've done a few little trades here and there (3rd in 2014 for Kendricks) to see if guys can become something... Other than that, standing pat and waiting for youth to become vets...

I agree with the above poster that your only goal should be to make the playoffs - making every week a crucial game, because you can't afford more loses. To improve your chances of winning week to week, the key is to avoid byes.My strategize is to deal players to avoid bye weeks, ideally trading for players who have already had a bye, or at the very least, players that have byes in week 10 or 11. By doing so, my plan is to upgrade RB2, WR3, or flex positions, so I'm not stuck starting a Waiver Wire player at a flex. The goal is to increase your chances of winning when, say, you have two players on bye week 7. Turn around and do it again for week 8. etc. etc. While the risk is that you sacrifice long-term potential for short term gain, that's really the only option because having a WR go off down the stretch won't really matter if you are 3-8 or something miserable. You need to stay above water through the byes, and ideally before the trade deadline, acquire some players with solid matchups down the stretch.There are additional reasons to do this if you play in a league that awards cash or playoff spots to a team with the most total points - by avoiding bye weeks, you strengthen a few starters over every bye week, while at the same team weakening the team to whom you trade you bye week players. So strengthen your W-L chance, upgrade your point output, and decrease someone else's W-L chances, and down grade their point output. Basically it's playing week to week.Anyone have any experience doing this?
I love this strategy. I'm going to give it some thought. I've got some key players on BYE this week that I have offers for (Julio, Manning). I could always swap them out with guys that aren't on byes and see what happens. I can't afford another loss. If I don't do something and I'm 2-5 then its pretty much going to take winning 5 out of the last 6 to eek into the playoffs and that's unlikely.

I agree with the above poster that your only goal should be to make the playoffs - making every week a crucial game, because you can't afford more loses. To improve your chances of winning week to week, the key is to avoid byes.My strategize is to deal players to avoid bye weeks, ideally trading for players who have already had a bye, or at the very least, players that have byes in week 10 or 11. By doing so, my plan is to upgrade RB2, WR3, or flex positions, so I'm not stuck starting a Waiver Wire player at a flex. The goal is to increase your chances of winning when, say, you have two players on bye week 7. Turn around and do it again for week 8. etc. etc. While the risk is that you sacrifice long-term potential for short term gain, that's really the only option because having a WR go off down the stretch won't really matter if you are 3-8 or something miserable. You need to stay above water through the byes, and ideally before the trade deadline, acquire some players with solid matchups down the stretch.There are additional reasons to do this if you play in a league that awards cash or playoff spots to a team with the most total points - by avoiding bye weeks, you strengthen a few starters over every bye week, while at the same team weakening the team to whom you trade you bye week players. So strengthen your W-L chance, upgrade your point output, and decrease someone else's W-L chances, and down grade their point output. Basically it's playing week to week.Anyone have any experience doing this?
I love this strategy. I'm going to give it some thought. I've got some key players on BYE this week that I have offers for (Julio, Manning). I could always swap them out with guys that aren't on byes and see what happens. I can't afford another loss. If I don't do something and I'm 2-5 then its pretty much going to take winning 5 out of the last 6 to eek into the playoffs and that's unlikely.
I have Julio and Bowe (both bye week 7) on one team, and decided to try to move Bowe and hang on to Julio. I just think he's one of 5 or so players in the league that COULD win any week or even a season for you. Similar players that I would place above this strategy would be the likes of Foster, Rice, Calvin, etc. And, if you are are 2-4 rather than 1-5, the situation is less dire. However, it could be worth it if you can get a haul for Julio. Players to target: WR - Wallace/Brown, Dez/Austin, Marshall, VJax, Colston, WayneRB- MJD, Forte, Martin, Sproles QB - Newton, Stafford, Romo, Ben Bonus points awarded if you can pull of this sort of trade against the team you are matched up against for the week.

I have Julio and Bowe (both bye week 7) on one team, and decided to try to move Bowe and hang on to Julio. I just think he's one of 5 or so players in the league that COULD win any week or even a season for you. Similar players that I would place above this strategy would be the likes of Foster, Rice, Calvin, etc. And, if you are are 2-4 rather than 1-5, the situation is less dire. However, it could be worth it if you can get a haul for Julio. Players to target: WR - Wallace/Brown, Dez/Austin, Marshall, VJax, Colston, WayneRB- MJD, Forte, Martin, Sproles QB - Newton, Stafford, Romo, Ben Bonus points awarded if you can pull of this sort of trade against the team you are matched up against for the week.
Wallace is probably obtainable in our league. Considering his bye is out of the way I love it. The Wayne owner is in dire straights so I may be able to work a deal there too.MJD should be obtainable but his owner seems scared to trade unless he rips the person off in his mind.Newton is intriguing as his owner should be getting tired of him by now. Romo is also possible to obtain. He seems to always be easily acquirable.

If you're on this site and you're 1-5, it's primarily due to bad luck. I'm in a 10 teamer and I have DMC, CJ?k, Cam and a slew of stud WR (Wayne, V Jackson, Steve Smith, Cobb, etc.). I've been getting hammered with my weekly choices (didn't start Cam last week, started Alex Smith over Ponder this week). The RB situation is ugly but getting better. I'm trying to trade a WR or 2, but its tough to get good value in a 10 team format, so I just sit and hope my RBs/QBs get better.

If you're on this site and you're 1-5, it's primarily due to bad luck. I'm in a 10 teamer and I have DMC, CJ?k, Cam and a slew of stud WR (Wayne, V Jackson, Steve Smith, Cobb, etc.). I've been getting hammered with my weekly choices (didn't start Cam last week, started Alex Smith over Ponder this week). The RB situation is ugly but getting better. I'm trying to trade a WR or 2, but its tough to get good value in a 10 team format, so I just sit and hope my RBs/QBs get better.
Ryan that is my assessment as well. My draft strategy was a good one but my coaching decisions are costing me wins too. I've improved my roster over the course of the season and that's what FBG helps me with on their daily articles. I just wish I could hit the luck thing better. :)

started 1-3, made a desperation trade for Demarco Murray and was rewarded with an injury. Now 1-5, with Vick, Henery, Gates and Matthews on BYE this week. Lost my backup Kolb and my LB2 DJ Smith. Graham also likely OUT, which means I essentially have to fill 6 starting slots and not much on the waivers. In my case I absorb loss #6, hope a few guys get healthy and position myself for next years draft.

Agree. Coming out of the draft I thought my team was loaded (as did Rate My Team) - but what I have found is that I compiled a team of hit and miss and they are all hitting and missing on different weeks - always performing just good enough to get a loss.

It depends on what type of league you play in. Last year I started 1-5 in a redraft but it was our first year of letting 6 teams in the playoffs, so I figured it would be possible to make it near .500 or so. So I loaded up on high upside guys like Tebow, D.Thomas and V.Jackson and snuck into the playoffs, ultimately winning it all. 

This year I am 1-5 in another league with 6 playoff teams, but it's a 1 player keeper. I drafted Rivers over RG3 and it's been downhill ever since. Next years draft is determined by this years standings so there is some incentive to throw in the towel, even though I'm only 2 games out. My goal is to trade 2 solid starters (RB & WR) for RG3 (his owner has him and Cam). If that won't work then the Luck owner has agreed to come off him for Rivers/Graham and I would just throw the towel in. So I say see who has a guy who can just go off that they aren't using and give up a few starters, even if it kills your depth. Go with best weekly lineup and hope no injuries occur. 

You are quite liberal with the use 'stud'.

'Mistabishi said:
I've come out of this situation before and it seems that it all depends on your roster and are they coming on, getting healthy, are falling apart.The choices are just hang on and let what will be, be.Or get aggressive with trades. Or get aggressive with lottery type waiver pickups.I have a coming on/holding steady type roster and my league is moronic on understanding trades so I'm going to have to sit tight. I will take some swings at high upside waiver guys like Vincent Brown but because I think my roster is good enough to make it to the playoffs if my scheduling luck improves I'm not going to burn good players just for random waiver flyers.I'd love to hear the mindset of others in this quite common fantasy situation.
It depends on the size/make-up of the league.I cut back this year to just 1 league. It is a larger league that doesn't have a lot of trading going on. There is almost nothing on the WW (last week, with all the WW RBs discussed on this & other FF message boards, almost none were available: W. Powell, Stephens-Howling, Ballard, A Green have been on rosters since the draft, or earlier on the season), and since little trading happens, you have to rely on what you draft.If who you draft doesn't work out for you (injuries, under-performing, etc) in this league, there's little hope for a turn-around.

Ryan that is my assessment as well. My draft strategy was a good one but my coaching decisions are costing me wins too. I've improved my roster over the course of the season and that's what FBG helps me with on their daily articles. I just wish I could hit the luck thing better. :)
I hear you. I benched Bradshaw the week he came back from injury and blew up. Kept RGIII cost me a game with the injury. That sort of thing. This is my other team that is 3-3. Should mention that. I have the highest scoring team in the league with 576 points to date. My PA is 574. The guy that is 6-0 has a PA of 444. The guy in the last playoff spot in my division has 456 scored against him. The guy who is 6-0 gets 20 points a game less than I do. How can I compete against that? Doesn't matter who I draft if the guy gets to play each week against a team that is essentially sitting a player (or a player and a half since we start 8 and a good week is 100).

2-4 and 4th in points. Been real un lucky. Under performing players seem to go off vs me. Crabtree and Kerley last week. Gates and marlin this week.

I have the best one week total so far - there is money in that so not all is lost. But I am 2-4.

Having Andy Dalton is a curse. I sit him on weeks when he does well and play him when he doesn't. I have a guy in our league who put Peyton Mannin on the block. I have weakness at RB and QB. He needs Wr's wo I thought I would offer either Wayne or James Jones. His other QB is Fitzpatrick so I have my doubts that he would go for it even if I added in Dalton or Schaub for one of his lower end WR's like Roberts. He would have parted with Maclin before this past week although i don't like him. He also has Decker.

I am just not sure if it is worth it, I may be able to ride dalton the rest of the way if he continues the way he has been playing.

Rough year!

You are quite liberal with the use 'stud'.
Eh maybe, but even in a 10 teamer Wayne, V Jackson, Steve Smith, Cobb and A Johnson (forgot about Johnson) is a pretty damn good receiver group. All 5 in the top 50, 4 in the top 35, 2 in the top 20. I definitely have the best receiver group in the league. Wayne and VJax are 6th and 16th among WRs and have already had their byes, so they are much more valuable than their point totals would indicate. A Johnson and Steve Smith have been mediocre but are big names that are good trade bait, also I expect them to improve over what they've done so far. Cobb is very good as long as Jennings stays out. It wouldn't surprise me if 4 or all 5 of these guys finish in the top 30. I also had Amendola on my roster before the injury.

I'm 2-4 in a 20-team IDP keeper league, so waiver wire help is extremely scarce. I held off on using more FAAB money and picked up Tanner and Draughn (return yardage counts) after they cleared waivers. I traded Michael Bush for Gresham (we start three W/T and one Q/W/R/T) and Ronde Barber a couple days ago.

After starting the season with the 2nd-lowest point total in the league, my points scored gradually increased the next couple weeks. However, when bye week hell set in, I started going down a bit again. Also, in one of my losses, I got "Hartlined" by my opponent.

I don't want to say that I've given up hope, but with only six teams making the championship bracket, I can see the writing on the wall. My hope is to at least try and win the consolation bracket (the reward is the first pick in the next draft) and avoid "relegation" (we have three divisions, and owners move up and down accordingly).

Just traded Leshoure and Ballard for Big Ben and Britt. Hit a wall, traded my WR depth for Roddy White but the best I could do to replace that depth was Manningham, must start 3 WR this week but I have to win this week or im gonna be in dire straights.

My QBs: Ponder, Rivers

My WRs(start 3): White(BYE), Hakeem Nicks, Maclin(BYE), Stevie Johnson, Mario Manningham

My RBs(start 2 + flex): MJD, R. Bush, A. Bradshaw, A. Morris, M. Leshoure, V. Ballard, F. Jones

Was just looking to upgrade at WR, couldnt make any RB for WR moves so I had to settle for moving Leshoure for a QB upgrade and a plug in WR with a good matchup and potential high upside.

Just traded Leshoure and Ballard for Big Ben and Britt. Hit a wall, traded my WR depth for Roddy White but the best I could do to replace that depth was Manningham, must start 3 WR this week but I have to win this week or im gonna be in dire straights.My QBs: Ponder, RiversMy WRs(start 3): White(BYE), Hakeem Nicks, Maclin(BYE), Stevie Johnson, Mario ManninghamMy RBs(start 2 + flex): MJD, R. Bush, A. Bradshaw, A. Morris, M. Leshoure, V. Ballard, F. JonesWas just looking to upgrade at WR, couldnt make any RB for WR moves so I had to settle for moving Leshoure for a QB upgrade and a plug in WR with a good matchup and potential high upside.
Try trading Roddy and/or Maclin directly to the team you face this week, if you can get value in return. Nicks + Stevie is solid enough, but WR3 is going to sting you. Although Britt might be a strong play against Buffalo. Take a look at the roster you face this week, and make a judgment call on whether or not you can beat them with the lineup you have. If not, consider dealing Maclin to him for good value at WR... hurts him, helps you.

Try trading Roddy and/or Maclin directly to the team you face this week, if you can get value in return. Nicks + Stevie is solid enough, but WR3 is going to sting you. Although Britt might be a strong play against Buffalo. Take a look at the roster you face this week, and make a judgment call on whether or not you can beat them with the lineup you have. If not, consider dealing Maclin to him for good value at WR... hurts him, helps you.
He is worse off at every position but QB (has Rodgers) than me. His WR1 is Bowe (on bye) and WR2 is Greg Jennings, obviously good for me, just cant afford to lose this game.

Just traded Leshoure and Ballard for Big Ben and Britt. Hit a wall, traded my WR depth for Roddy White but the best I could do to replace that depth was Manningham, must start 3 WR this week but I have to win this week or im gonna be in dire straights.My QBs: Ponder, RiversMy WRs(start 3): White(BYE), Hakeem Nicks, Maclin(BYE), Stevie Johnson, Mario ManninghamMy RBs(start 2 + flex): MJD, R. Bush, A. Bradshaw, A. Morris, M. Leshoure, V. Ballard, F. JonesWas just looking to upgrade at WR, couldnt make any RB for WR moves so I had to settle for moving Leshoure for a QB upgrade and a plug in WR with a good matchup and potential high upside.
That's actually a really smart idea if you can pull it off most weeks and without losing too much value.

I'm following the advice in the thread from karmarooster and trying to improve by trading my week 7 byes. I actually have a trade offered right now that looks mouth watering but the guy I'm trading with gets dumped with week 7 bye guys while I'd improve in major ways.

:thumbup:

I'm 2-4 and have the most points scored in the league. Everyone's team just keeps going off against me, it sucks. A lot of teams are 3-3 though so I should be able to claw my way back into the thick if it, especially since I'll have more points scored.

This thread offers good advice for those of us with winning records as well.

For instance, I'm trying to trade FOR Week 7 bye players from one of my opponents this week who is strapped and whom I should beat handily even if I trade him one of my starters this week for a long-term upgrade.

Willis McGahee has a cake schedule once he returns from his bye (vs. NO, @ CIN) and during the fantasy playoffs (@ OAK, @ BAL, vs. CLE).

I have 4 starting running backs on my roster this week and he only has Michael Bush and some flyer scrubs.

If I can trade for McGahee even if it means facing one of my current players this week, it's a risk worth taking.

In the league I care about most (a 12 team ppr redraft league with some good friends), I'm 1-5 with 4th most points scored. I've had some bad luck and some poor draft decisions (especially at QB). My team presently looks like this:

QB: Rivers, Cutler

RB: Forte, Bradshaw, Leshoure, Jones, Ballard, Wilson

WR: Marshall, SJohnson, DMoore, Hartline, Cobb

TE: Graham

K: Young GZ

DST: Arizona

I feel like my team is better than my record and I hope things bounce back. Having injuries to my first, second, and fourth round picks hurts, though. I also can't, for the life of me, get someone to give up a decent QB.

The upside is that 9 out of 12 teams are 3-3 or worse right now, so if I can in most of my remaining games, I have a shot at the playoffs.

2-4. Made two trades today. Got Dez and McGhee coming aboard and lost Julio and Torrey smith. Pretty thin at rb with only Doug Martin and leshoure and sporles and pretty deep at wr so I'm happy with this. Gotta shake it up

There's actually strategy discussion in this thread, which is nice.

I came back from 1-5 to win my $ league last year.

I made a list of my assets - Peterson, Stafford, Cruz, Gronk - and got rid of everything else, cut and slashed, even "name" players with injuries, with the aim of winning just one game, that week.

I went on a waiver wire tear.

I traded away anything I could, primarily Chris Johnson (ie, honestly evaluate what is really dragging your team down), even taking "lesser" value in players with a beneficial schedule. I advertised I was trading too, let them know you're dealing x, y, or z, not just the dreck.

You can even out a lot of deficiencies with a good kicker and DST matchup, but you have to work at it. Be willing to cut a good player if you can get a single matchup that can help you win a single game, then repeat. Because to me a great team that finishes out of the playoffs isn't as good as an ok team that makes the playoffs.

It's not a real team, but there is such a thing as chemistry in FF. You see posts about teams who have top-3 point totals in their league, yet they're losing, and who knows why. Once in the playoffs anything can happen.

I am 2-4 and all 4 of my losses have come when the opponent has scored their season high in pts. There is not much I can do about that. I am ave. almost 100 a game and have had the most points scored on me in the league

14 Team Dynasty

Injuries haven't helped but have some depth.

Starters (1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 1K, 1D/ST):

Stafford

RMathews, TRichardson

Nicks, JNelson, RWayne

AHernandez, TGonzalez

Tucker, Zuerlein

SF

I am standing pat as I have a good young core for a dynasty

4 Teams @ 5-1

4 Teams @ 3-3

4 Teams @ 2-4

2 Teams @ 1-5

I still have a chance to make top 6 for playoffs as I have played 4 of top teams already ..just need some luck now.

so after this weeks waiver wire run - after having started 1-5 with a ton of injuries, underperformers or bye week players - I have now turned over 17 players from my original 24 man roster. Guess my draft WAS as bad as I thought it was.

1-5 with the 3rd most points. The standings are a massive cluster though - 1st place is 4-2 and there's a whole lot of 3-3. I figure 7-6 makes it so I'm just staying patient until I lose again.

Users who are viewing this thread