What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2006 SSL-IV H2H commentary thread (1 Viewer)

I almost took Chambers as well in the 3rd. I was kind of surprised he was there, but I did not want to wait another 16 picks with you sharks to get a player for my RB2 slot.

Took a long look at Dunn as well, but chose Taylor for his upside as Linehan's guy in the Linehan Offense.

Rollin' the dice indeed......

PS - I think I'm gonna send everyone into shock by round 5 if I get what I want.
5.06 - Matt HasselbeckWas that who you wanted?

I almost took Chambers as well in the 3rd.  I was kind of surprised he was there, but I did not want to wait another 16 picks with you sharks to get a player for my RB2 slot.

Took a long look at Dunn as well, but chose Taylor for his upside as Linehan's guy in the Linehan Offense.

PS - I think I'm gonna send everyone into shock by round 5 if I get what I want.
OK, you got me. I would call it bewildered rather than shocked though. I think SM needs to play Ricky to my Lucy and splain it to me.

I almost took Chambers as well in the 3rd.  I was kind of surprised he was there, but I did not want to wait another 16 picks with you sharks to get a player for my RB2 slot.

OK, you got me. I would call it bewildered rather than shocked though. I think SM needs to play Ricky to my Lucy and splain it to me.
I was thinkin the same thing.. Holy cow!! SO SHADOW..

Did you mistakenly take Hass? Would love to hear the reasons. How many times will Hass outscore Peyton and how many points are you getting from this pick?

I kind of thought that it was "Peyton and done" as a way of thinking for this thing. I thought that was the point of going QB relatively early.

I'll be interested in hearing Shadow explain the strategy. :popcorn:

My last pick was Ron Dayne. I figure he will share time with Bell (thus my repeat pick of Bell). As a 3rd RB, I was willing to roll the dice a little. Worst case should be 10 carries/game, right? Best case is he takes the job full time. I figure the same can be said of Bell as well.

I kind of thought that it was "Peyton and done" as a way of thinking for this thing. I thought that was the point of going QB relatively early.

I'll be interested in hearing Shadow explain the strategy. :popcorn:

My last pick was Ron Dayne. I figure he will share time with Bell (thus my repeat pick of Bell). As a 3rd RB, I was willing to roll the dice a little. Worst case should be 10 carries/game, right? Best case is he takes the job full time. I figure the same can be said of Bell as well.
Yep, I considered all of the next 3 at my pick (Addai).Addai vs. Dayne - I just thought Addai had more PPR value. Close call.

Crumpler - never a bad call.

Rhodes - was also on the short list. Kind of glad he went though as I'd have been tempted to pair him with Addai at my next pick.

We're moving at a good clip - keep it going.

Re: Walker > R.Smith - Pure upside as already predicted. I had Rod slotted for later to get both, but he went before his current ADP.

Re: Hass - YES! Exactly who I was after. I planned for 2 high QB picks, now to see if I can get the rest of the pieces in place. I can't really say much more at this point, wait for the post draft analysis.

Pimp is correct, I'm outside of the box on this one a bit.

Re: Walker > R.Smith - Pure upside as already predicted. I had Rod slotted for later to get both, but he went before his current ADP.

Re: Hass - YES! Exactly who I was after. I planned for 2 high QB picks, now to see if I can get the rest of the pieces in place. I can't really say much more at this point, wait for the post draft analysis.

A bit?

Re: Walker > R.Smith - Pure upside as already predicted.  I had Rod slotted for later to get both, but he went before his current ADP.

Re: Hass - YES!  Exactly who I was after.  I planned for 2 high QB picks, now to see if I can get the rest of the pieces in place.  I can't really say much more at this point, wait for the post draft analysis.

A bit?
I think he made himself a new box.

A bit?
I think he made himself a new box.
:lmao: :lmao: At least it is padded.

Loving Coles as my # 3. He won me my satellite league last year thanks to the Vinny 2nd half magic, so I have to own him on at least 1 squad right?

Strongly considered Ahman AND Freddie at my pick, nice to see we're on the same page.

BTW - speaking of the pace and keeping it going - anyone have issues with the Holiday or the weekend?
I am fine with continuing through the weekend.If others have plans, I could see taking the 4th of July off, but I would prefer to just keep drafting on the same time frames we have now. We are on a good pace :thumbup: and would hate to grind it to a halt.

Loving Coles as my # 3. He won me my satellite league last year thanks to the Vinny 2nd half magic, so I have to own him on at least 1 squad right?

Strongly considered Ahman AND Freddie at my pick, nice to see we're on the same page.
I am glad you loveyouranus pick :X

From now through the weekend, I have no issues. No set work schedule either.

Hey Shadow, you call that an explaination? :boxing:

I did not want to say more as it could effect other picks to come...... I'll fill you all in with the details when were done.

The padded box may be right, maybe I've just gone loco! LOL @ that BTW!

I did not want to say more as it could effect other picks to come...... I'll fill you all in with the details when were done.

The padded box may be right, maybe I've just gone loco! LOL @ that BTW!
He's still working on the explanation. :lmao:

The padded box may be right, maybe I've just gone loco!  LOL @ that BTW!
He's still working on the explanation. :lmao:
Its really mind boggling truely. Looking at last year's stats (and throwing out the two games at the end of the year that Peyton didn't play, which we all doubt happens again)

Using best ball with Peyton and Hass, you would have netted 64 extra points for the season. One would think the player you could have gotten at that spot would be much more valuable than 4 points per game in a H2H format.

All I can say is it was planned..... I warned of it back in round 3 and I cringed when Jeff hinted at the QB run and put Hass in jeopardy of being snatched up.

I realize it is uncoventional, but traditional drafting has had me come up a little short in this group the past 2 years and so I'm trying a different angle.

Still TBD how well it will work out.

All I can say is it was planned..... I warned of it back in round 3 and I cringed when Jeff hinted at the QB run and put Hass in jeopardy of being snatched up.

I realize it is uncoventional, but traditional drafting has had me come up a little short in this group the past 2 years and so I'm trying a different angle.

Well if you spend a 2nd on Manning, you need to scrap that plan IMO. Hasselbeck has never been a big yardage guy, and watching him hand Alexander the ball 28 times and getting nothing for it limits his upside. It sux coming up a little short, but to do that, you have to be competitive in the first place, which considering this group, is all you can ask for. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. You can't win a competitive league everytime.

Jeff, were you hoping to land LJ in the next round?

You have LJ ranked at 4, but chose McMichael.

Just curious as to the reasoning - bye weeks?

Since both are taken I'll comment.1. I love LJ this year. I really do.

2. The FBG rankings are non-PPR.

3. This league is 2xPPR for TEs. McMichael > LJ in this category.

4. I thought that some would have non-love for LJ and he certainly had a better chance of sliding than did Randy.

5. I foresaw a TE run, so I had to choose.

6. Bye weeks did have a factor, especially if Reggie Brown had come back to my pick. Seems that wasn't going to happen either, but that was part of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

4. I thought that some would have non-love for LJ and he certainly had a better chance of sliding than did Randy.

6. Bye weeks did have a factor, especially if Reggie Brown had come back to my pick. Seems that wasn't going to happen either, but that was part of it.
Good answers and I agree with all of them.

Good answers and I agree with all of them.
:hifive:

Pimp, I had the strong feeling that both you and I were looking @ Delhomme and R. Brown. I thoguht that that even though you were likley to take which ever one I didn't pick, that chances were 100% that you would draft Delhomme if he was still there, whereas, chances were 95% that you would draft Brown, so I chose Delhomme.

Pimp, I had the strong feeling that both you and I were looking @ Delhomme and R. Brown. I thoguht that that even though you were likley to take which ever one I didn't pick, that chances were 100% that you would draft Delhomme if he was still there, whereas, chances were 95% that you would draft Brown, so I chose Delhomme.
Well, you were right on the money. I actually debated a few other Wr's instead of Brown, but Delhomme would have been a no brainer. First time I've ever owned Vick in any league though.

Pimp, I had the strong feeling that both you and I were looking @ Delhomme and R. Brown.  I thoguht that that even though you were likley to take which ever one I didn't pick, that chances were 100% that you would draft Delhomme if he was still there, whereas, chances were 95% that you would draft Brown, so I chose Delhomme.
Well, you were right on the money. I actually debated a few other Wr's instead of Brown, but Delhomme would have been a no brainer. First time I've ever owned Vick in any league though.
Well, hell, why didn't you pick someone else besides Brown!?!??!!?!!??!?!!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :hot: :)

I agree and think LJ is a stud in this format. Right now I'm kicking myself over taking Watson over LJ because I have LJ top 5. But wasn't home to see it so them's the breaks.

For the record, Napoleon invading Russia in the winter was also planned. The first Hindenburg flight was planned. The Titanic was planned. Watergate was planned. New Coke was planned.Just so you know.

For the record, Napoleon invading Russia in the winter was also planned. The first Hindenburg flight was planned. The Titanic was planned. Watergate was planned. New Coke was planned.Just so you know.
Thanks for the vote fo confidence Jeff....... and I'll tell all of you that it is tough to stay the course under all this pressure that I'm insane :loco: , but I'm sticking to my gameplan. :ph34r: At least all of you can thank me for taking about 90% of the abuse during the early part of this process. Now I'm gonna go get drunk -

:banned:

Thanks for the vote fo confidence Jeff....... and I'll tell all of you that it is tough to stay the course under all this pressure that I'm insane :loco: , but I'm sticking to my gameplan. :ph34r: At least all of you can thank me for taking about 90% of the abuse during the early part of this process. Now I'm gonna go get drunk -

Happy to Help.Should have bought Budweiser stock first.

Bill, for what it's worth, you're a lightweight compared to Madviking ;) How many defenses did that guy draft?Nothing to see here.

:hophead:

Well maybe he's planning to lose as well? Some people are just good at it.

I think the Viking took four defenses. Sure ticked a few people off.

When Shadow takes his third QB, THEN we will have a closer comparison. :excited:

Does anybody else see a vote of confidence anywhere in that response? Truthfully, I was already very interested in this draft and seeing how it played out, but now I am even more interested, so good job Shadow. :thumbup:

Does anybody else see a vote of confidence anywhere in that response? Truthfully, I was already very interested in this draft and seeing how it played out, but now I am even more interested, so good job Shadow. :thumbup:
:lmao: :sarcasm: down....

I would have bet virtually anything that Team Legacy was taking CuMar at the turn. I gave him a long hard look. However, I didn't see him giving me too much production that would be used in scoring, given the RBs I already have.

Given the TL situation, where the first two RBs on his team are potential time sharers, this was a good pick :thumbup:

Pimp\Frank. I almost took Reggie Brown right before either of you and I could have ended the fight.

I figured both of you would be taking a QB though and took the chance that way instead.

With INT's not counted, I have favre above delhomme.

I'll be hard to ge a hold of today.

Travelling for the weekend - and IDK what I'm likely to find as for innernet there.

I'll PM my number to Radballs.

In rounds 8 and 9, I drafted Bruce and K. Curtis to fill WRs 3 and 4. A bit unconventional, but I think it will work out. Holt can't get them all, and despite the new coach saying they will run the ball more, there should be enough passes to go around.

I'll be hard to ge a hold of today.

Travelling for the weekend - and IDK what I'm likely to find as for innernet there.

I'll PM my number to Radballs.
I got your list but not a phone number. You gave it to me months ago but I have since deleted it.

Scratch that. For some reason, a second PM from him was hiding in my inbox. I just called Jeff and he will be getting online shortly to make his pick.

Hey guys.

Crazy day today - drove all around and had 5-6 meetings and a few "disagreements" with a bank manager and a mechanic.

Add in travel on July 4th "weekend" and you'll get the idea.

Anyway, sorry for the delay.

Now, let some talent slip will you?

Watching both Lloyd and Toomer go, I am reminded yet again why I love and hate drafting with FBGs.

Nice pick on both.  :rant:
While I love Lloyd's skill, I am less inthusiastic than most of his production in Wash this year. If as most say that Saunder's will have the impact on Portis he has had on backs of the past then you have to wonder about WR2's in his offense.As for Toomer, I may more optimistic than I should based on Eli's progression. I can't help but think he will show a little better results than last year. But who knows. As a side note, if Burress is in fact fueding somewhat with Eli then maybe that creeps into the equation somewhat and finds a few more looks to Toomer. Probably not but you never know.

Watching both Lloyd and Toomer go, I am reminded yet again why I love and hate drafting with FBGs.

Nice pick on both. :rant:
While I love Lloyd's skill, I am less inthusiastic than most of his production in Wash this year. If as most say that Saunder's will have the impact on Portis he has had on backs of the past then you have to wonder about WR2's in his offense.As for Toomer, I may more optimistic than I should based on Eli's progression. I can't help but think he will show a little better results than last year. But who knows. As a side note, if Burress is in fact fueding somewhat with Eli then maybe that creeps into the equation somewhat and finds a few more looks to Toomer. Probably not but you never know.
Toomer is the better value, IMHO.His 2nd half was quite good last year.

Users who are viewing this thread