What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2006 SSL-IV H2H commentary thread (1 Viewer)

Grouse - nice call on Putzier, especially after getting Carr.
Thanks JP.I was completely indifferent to drafting Carr, had my eyes on Brees but ravn beat me to it.

Hopefully Kubiak makes room in the playbook for Putzier though. No more excuses left for Carr. There is enough talent and experience on the Texans offense now, it's time Carr matures, and delivers some consistent production.

Watching both Lloyd and Toomer go, I am reminded yet again why I love and hate drafting with FBGs.

Nice pick on both.  :rant:
While I love Lloyd's skill, I am less inthusiastic than most of his production in Wash this year. If as most say that Saunder's will have the impact on Portis he has had on backs of the past then you have to wonder about WR2's in his offense.As for Toomer, I may more optimistic than I should based on Eli's progression. I can't help but think he will show a little better results than last year. But who knows. As a side note, if Burress is in fact fueding somewhat with Eli then maybe that creeps into the equation somewhat and finds a few more looks to Toomer. Probably not but you never know.
He was at the top of my list. Nick pick FM you dog.Toomer is the better value, IMHO.

His 2nd half was quite good last year.

Watching both Lloyd and Toomer go, I am reminded yet again why I love and hate drafting with FBGs.

While I love Lloyd's skill, I am less inthusiastic than most of his production in Wash this year. If as most say that Saunder's will have the impact on Portis he has had on backs of the past then you have to wonder about WR2's in his offense.As for Toomer, I may more optimistic than I should based on Eli's progression. I can't help but think he will show a little better results than last year. But who knows. As a side note, if Burress is in fact fueding somewhat with Eli then maybe that creeps into the equation somewhat and finds a few more looks to Toomer. Probably not but you never know.
He was at the top of my list. Nick pick FM you dog.Toomer is the better value, IMHO.

:mellow:

Well, a little over half way done, and everyone looks solid.

the 2 teams that stand out to me so far are Twilight, and as much as I hate to admit it, Team Legacy as well.

Handfull of other teams right behind them.

Nice job by everyone.

Well, a little over half way done, and everyone looks solid.

the 2 teams that stand out to me so far are Twilight, and as much as I hate to admit it, Team Legacy as well.

Handfull of other teams right behind them.

Nice job by everyone.
Well I'm not sold on my team. Unfortunately for me I've been drafting absentee mostly. While I may be competitive, I really do not see this team as a threat to repeat as champion. In order to do so here's what I need to have happen:1. Palmer must come back to form early.

2. Tiki must remain as he has the last 2 years.

3. Foster must have his first healthy year.

4. Glenn and K-Rob must combine to produce WR2 numbers.

That's asking alot and that's why I question the ability to do so. The one thing in my favor is that this a 14 team league and no one will run away with this at this point.

gosh, everything i've heard about the new skins offense is 3 wide with portis carries going WAY down and trying to utilize his speed with more runs to the outside. The receiving corps should have a very good year.

Grouse - nice call on Putzier, especially after getting Carr.
Thanks JP.I was completely indifferent to drafting Carr, had my eyes on Brees but ravn beat me to it.

Hopefully Kubiak makes room in the playbook for Putzier though. No more excuses left for Carr. There is enough talent and experience on the Texans offense now, it's time Carr matures, and delivers some consistent production.
While I like Carr in redraft, I actually like Simms more for Survivor.Galloway and (hopefully) Clayton can hit more HRs than AJ or Moulds.

HRs get you the big pts. in Survivor.

I was SOOOO glad that Simms came back to me - it was a scare. Almost had no options for Brady's Week 6 bye.

I hate Week 6 this year. :hot:

Nice pick on both. :rant:
He was at the top of my list. Nick pick FM you dog.

Toomer is the better value, IMHO.

Tweakin' other people's quotes without stating something to that effect isn't a good move. :no:

gosh, everything i've heard about the new skins offense is 3 wide with portis carries going WAY down and trying to utilize his speed with more runs to the outside. The receiving corps should have a very good year.
My memory is fuzzy on this one - what's Brunell's track record in such an offense? I can't recall anything like that going on in Jacksonville back then.I'm not sure the old dog can learn these new tricks. Is this "Fun Bunch 2"?

It was between Toomer and Lloyd fo me. Went with Lloyd because I already have Brunell so might as well take the opportunity to double up on the weeks they hit.

My mistake...I thought I was adding a comment to your quote. Don't understand how my statement was added into yours.Sorry

Tweakin' other people's quotes without stating something to that effect isn't a good move. :no:

My mistake...I thought I was adding a comment to your quote. The bolded comment by Jeff above was my comment. Don't understand how my statement was added into yours. Can someone explain how that happened?Sorry

My mistake...I thought I was adding a comment to your quote. The bolded comment by Jeff above was my comment. Don't understand how my statement was added into yours. Can someone explain how that happened?Sorry
Hey, it's ok. I know you didn't mean anything by it. You're cool by me. :thumbup: You just put your comments before mine when you replied.

Be sure you type after the very last "[ /quote]" and you'll be good.

Also - "preview post" is your friend.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, probably what happened was it was a long post already and I added at the bottom of the view, rather than the bottom of the post?

Thanks for the tip. Now, who started this latest run?

So, probably what happened was it was a long post already and I added at the bottom of the view, rather than the bottom of the post?

Thanks for the tip. Now, who started this latest run?
On QB2s you mean?I think the bye week fears set in.

I guess I'm much higher on most people regarding this offense. I think Portis is going to have a fantastic year with all the attention that the opposing defense will have to provide with all those weapons. I still think Lloyd will have a good year also given his ADP. I was targeting him, but he went one round too early for me.

I guess I'm much higher on most people regarding this offense. I think Portis is going to have a fantastic year with all the attention that the opposing defense will have to provide with all those weapons. I still think Lloyd will have a good year also given his ADP. I was targeting him, but he went one round too early for me.
I like Portis ALOT this year. I was giddy to get him at 1.06

I like Portis ALOT this year. I was giddy to get him at 1.06
It was a tough call for me to take Edge ahead of Portis. But I just came off owning Portis last year and was underwhelmed. I also witnessed at times, liberal use of Betts to close out games. Edge seems like the riskier play overall, but I think he might end up getting more touches than Portis.

Why does it seem that, in a draft with 2 less teams than SSL, there are fewer enticing players left on the draft board at this point in the draft? Or maybe it's just me, being blind to great sleepers out there.

Why does it seem that, in a draft with 2 less teams than SSL, there are fewer enticing players left on the draft board at this point in the draft? Or maybe it's just me, being blind to great sleepers out there.
I agree Frank. This draft has been 10 times tougher than any draft I've been in this year.great job everyone, I've had a blast and learned a lot from this draft.

Why does it seem that, in a draft with 2 less teams than SSL, there are fewer enticing players left on the draft board at this point in the draft?  Or maybe it's just me, being blind to great sleepers out there.
I agree Frank. This draft has been 10 times tougher than any draft I've been in this year.great job everyone, I've had a blast and learned a lot from this draft.
These drafts are more fun than other drafts that are easy. I always enjoy the challenge of a great league like this one.

These drafts are more fun than other drafts that are easy. I always enjoy the challenge of a great league like this one.
If this is my hardest draft this year I'll be a happy man. I say this knowing that this has NOT been easy - by far.So far this year I've done:

PDSL

SSL4 (yeah I know, but still)

FBG Magazine (redraft)

Dynasty draft

My league Survivor draft (mirrors this one / SSLs - 14 teams - nearly done)

and this one.

Of the 4 Survivor, this is the toughest one by far.

Nice job all.

Even those of you who think you know the Eagles WR situations. :boxing:

Jeff,

I've got you beat by a fair margin. I guess I have a lot of time on my hands or I have an FF problem. :nerd: :banned:

Why does it seem that, in a draft with 2 less teams than SSL, there are fewer enticing players left on the draft board at this point in the draft?  Or maybe it's just me, being blind to great sleepers out there.
If this is my hardest draft this year I'll be a happy man. I say this knowing that this has NOT been easy - by far.So far this year I've done:

PDSL

FBG Magazine (redraft)

Dynasty draft

and this one.

Nice job all.

Wait a minute. The Eagles have WR's?

PDSL

FBG Magazine (redraft)

Dynasty draft

and this one.

Nice job all.

Wait a minute. The Eagles have WR's?
:yes: 4-#2's...there are no WR1's in Philly this year!

:P

great job everyone, I've had a blast and learned a lot from this draft.
seriously---and we pay cash money for all this...year 3 of what I'm sure will be many more...great job guys---love hanging out w/you, having my selections plucked right before my eyes, round-after-round :cry:

I think I'm done 'till redrafts fire up next month...let's see:

WSL-II

SSL-II

3 dynasty drafts

The FIX

The Masters

SSL-IV...H-2-H

f'in junkie!

time for a cold :banned: ...a week @the beach comming up shortly, w/a couple rounds of golf w/some buddies...can't wait!

enjoy the rest of the summer, fellas!

Well, good luck to all - this was a fun and challenging draft - no f*&*ing chance of sneaking something by this group. :football: :lmao:

Not sure whether my last pick should have been the additional QB or a 6th WR, but I think for the format my team is fine :thumbup:

QB - Green, Frye, Leinart

RB - R. Johnson, Rhodes, F. Taylor, M. Barber

WR - Holt, Ward, Edwards, McCareins, Bradford

TE - Heap, Pope

K - Reed, Lindell

DST - Bears & Giants

Good luck to all - see most of you in the upcoming MBSLs :hey:

I got one pick left, but this has been fun.

I'm probably skipping the MBSLs because I have a lot of articles to write for this group, so I hope y'all understand. :)

Plus I have a Staff auction to go win....

Seriously - I have like 10 articles I want to get out there to spark discussion, and that's worth a ton. All sorts of topics.

Good luck everyone - I think it is pretty close competition all across the board.

I'm probably skipping the MBSLs because I have a lot of articles to write for this group, so I hope y'all understand. :)

Seriously - I have like 10 articles I want to get out there to spark discussion, and that's worth a ton. All sorts of topics.

Good luck everyone - I think it is pretty close competition all across the board.
Jeff-glad you joined this group. Sorry I wasn't able to be there like I'm used to. This has been been a real butt kicker for me.This league started last year and has been a blast. I can tell it's going to be fun and challenging. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have so far.

Jeff-glad you joined this group. Sorry I wasn't able to be there like I'm used to. This has been been a real butt kicker for me.This league started last year and has been a blast. I can tell it's going to be fun and challenging. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have so far.
Not sure what you mean by "not being there", but this went pretty well. Two weeks is a pretty good clip.BTW - you might want to check out this thread :( .

Koren Robinson

Seriously - I have like 10 articles I want to get out there to spark discussion, and that's worth a ton.  All sorts of topics.

Not sure what you mean by "not being there", but this went pretty well. Two weeks is a pretty good clip.BTW - you might want to check out this thread :( .

Koren Robinson
By not being there I mean I was in the hospital a when this this draft started and have been in rehab since so I haven't been my usal self. I've been known to draft better. And yes I've been following the K-Rob story. I'm just hoping it's pre-wed jitters and not jiggers. :banned:

Koren Robinson
By not being there I mean I was in the hospital a when this this draft started and have been in rehab since so I haven't been my usal self. I've been known to draft better. And yes I've been following the K-Rob story. I'm just hoping it's pre-wed jitters and not jiggers. :banned:
So how is the back?Backpain sucks.

Seriously - I have like 10 articles I want to get out there to spark discussion, and that's worth a ton.  All sorts of topics.

Koren Robinson
So how is the back?Backpain sucks.
Actually the back is ok. My neck is the problem. I have severe arthitis and what seems to be permanent nerve damage to my occipital nerve. This has been ongoing for over 2 years now. While it's not so much dangerous it is very painful. I'm learning how to live with it and the physical therapy has been difficult to say the least. I'll get throught it but I may never be able to work again and that really sucks.Thanks for asking. I appreciate everyones support as I go through this. You guys have been awesome! Fantasy footabll has been a nice distraction at times.

This was TOUGH as expected. Looking forward to seeing it play out. Holding off on the post draft for the last few picks to be made.

Question on DST guys - seems to me that in most ratings, two teams that have good additions for their return teams are getting no credit for that.

1) New Orleans Saints - if in fact Bush is going to run back punts and kickoffs they have to be favorites to add at least a couple of TDs

2) New York Giants - already a good defense, in addition to their other new players, Sinorice Moss should upgrade their return game

What say you SSLIV?

Question on DST guys - seems to me that in most ratings, two teams that have good additions for their return teams are getting no credit for that.

1) New Orleans Saints - if in fact Bush is going to run back punts and kickoffs they have to be favorites to add at least a couple of TDs

2) New York Giants - already a good defense, in addition to their other new players, Sinorice Moss should upgrade their return game

What say you SSLIV?
Agreed, but then , wouldn't the Chiefs be the frontrunner? Isn't Dante Hall the most dangerous returner alive?

What say you SSLIV?
Agreed, but then , wouldn't the Chiefs be the frontrunner? WASN'T Dante Hall the most dangerous returner alive?
Fixed - your memory is stuck in numbers from a few years ago - how many did he return last year? but the thought is the same, which is why I brought up the question

What say you SSLIV?
Agreed, but then , wouldn't the Chiefs be the frontrunner? WASN'T Dante Hall the most dangerous returner alive?
Fixed - your memory is stuck in numbers from a few years ago - how many did he return last year? but the thought is the same, which is why I brought up the question
Well Perry, I think if you polled the majority, they'd say that Dante's skills haven't diminished noticably. Most would tell you that one person (Bush, Moss) doesn't make a special teams unit. It takes more than a Hall, bush, Moss to get those TDs. That probably answers your question.

I'll tell you this, Family...While you were in the hospital, I am convinced that some nurse slipped you a copy of my rankings. You consistantly took guys that I was targeting.

What this means is, if you win it all, it is basically as if I won as well. Will you share your winnings? :P

I'll tell you this, Family...While you were in the hospital, I am convinced that some nurse slipped you a copy of my rankings. You consistantly took guys that I was targeting.

What this means is, if you win it all, it is basically as if I won as well. Will you share your winnings? :P
If I win then it'll be due to the meds because I have no idea why. I have no clue what I was doing. Looking at this draft it doesn't resemble anything like a team I would normally draft. Just ask Rads. I think he'll tesify that it isn't a typical FM team.

I'll tell you this, Family...While you were in the hospital, I am convinced that some nurse slipped you a copy of my rankings.  You consistantly took guys that I was targeting.

What this means is, if you win it all, it is basically as if I won as well.  Will you share your winnings?  :P
If I win then it'll be due to the meds because I have no idea why. I have no clue what I was doing. Looking at this draft it doesn't resemble anything like a team I would normally draft. Just ask Rads. I think he'll tesify that it isn't a typical FM team.
Really? I think your team is really strong assuming Palmer, Foster, and others remain healthy. You've got some key players that are perfect for a best ball format (Terry Glenn for example). Good draft from everyone. :thumbup:

I'll tell you this, Family...While you were in the hospital, I am convinced that some nurse slipped you a copy of my rankings.  You consistantly took guys that I was targeting.

What this means is, if you win it all, it is basically as if I won as well.  Will you share your winnings?  :P
Really? I think your team is really strong assuming Palmer, Foster, and others remain healthy. You've got some key players that are perfect for a best ball format (Terry Glenn for example). Good draft from everyone. :thumbup:
Like I said earlier, it'll take some things to go my way:1. Palmer must be healthy early.

2. Foster must stay healthy throughout.

3. Krob must be the man in Minny and it has to be spicey, not saucy, if you know what I mean.

4. Watson needs to breaks out.

If all that comes together then I could compete. But that's a lot to ask for.

Re: forfeiting my last pick:

Folks, I'm sorry that I couldn't pick my last pick more timely, but I had an emergency situation. In light of the fact that we're all shelling out $25, I'd ask for some leniency on this one. Additionally, there are a number of people in the draft who have my cell number, which given my emergency, was the only way I was available as of early afternoon yesterday.

Folks, I'm sorry that I couldn't pick my last pick more timely, but I had an emergency situation. In light of the fact that we're all shelling out $25, I'd ask for some leniency on this one. Additionally, there are a number of people in the draft who have my cell number, which given my emergency, was the only way I was available as of early afternoon yesterday.
No problem. Your pick is allowed. This is a friendly group and we are about fairness.

No problem. Your pick is allowed. This is a friendly group and we are about fairness.
Translation - you'll still get :own3d: and we don't want any excuses.

Translation - you'll still get :own3d: and we don't want any excuses.
:lmao:

For ravnzfan and Team Legacy - nothing personal - I'm just always wondering how a team will turn out when you don't go the convential RB in Round 1.

Gates will likely have another outstanding year, as he will be Philip Rivers' best friend all season long (with someone named LT2 as well). This will be reminiscent of Brees' first year where LT2 had has 100 catches. Short consistent offense as the QB grows and learns.
I met TL in the semi's and eeeeked out a 125-124 "W", and won the following week :yes:

bumping to guage intrest from the following members in good standing:

Family Matters--commish

Ravnzfan--co-comish, defending champ--IN

Twilight--league mgm't co-ordinator

Grouse--yr 1 champ

Jeff Pasquino

Pimpin' Ain't Easy

Valence

Frank Black

rzrback77

Capt Hook

ShadowMaster