What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2009 Anarchy League 5 (1 Viewer)

sorry was on holidays trying password it won't work for me either c_frase@hotmail.com
So Cfrase and the trhee DY listed. Lets DO IT!!!and someday, we all owe DY a cold beverage of his choice.Peace
I'm in and ready to go. It is saying I am up to draft, is that right. Do I have the first pick?
You inherited the first pick. I have not turned the draft on yet (unless it started itself).No timer for now until everyone makes a pick and gets on the same page. But yes to normally there being a 4 hour timer.
It is saying I can pick, do you want me to pick, or hold off.

sorry was on holidays trying password it won't work for me either c_frase@hotmail.com
So Cfrase and the trhee DY listed. Lets DO IT!!!and someday, we all owe DY a cold beverage of his choice.Peace
I'm in and ready to go. It is saying I am up to draft, is that right. Do I have the first pick?
You inherited the first pick. I have not turned the draft on yet (unless it started itself).No timer for now until everyone makes a pick and gets on the same page. But yes to normally there being a 4 hour timer.
It is saying I can pick, do you want me to pick, or hold off.
I made the pick. I took ADP

I guess you can start, but don't go nuts if someone takes a while to make a pick as no one even knew we started until now.

yo folks. please pm the guy after you for the first rd. i didn't know i was up and didn't get an mfl e-mail. i sent ramrod a pm. you can also pre-draft at mfl. let's try to help everyone get this rolling.

yo folks. please pm the guy after you for the first rd. i didn't know i was up and didn't get an mfl e-mail. i sent ramrod a pm. you can also pre-draft at mfl. let's try to help everyone get this rolling.
I put the last email address I had for you on the League 5 site at MFL. It does not appear to be active, so that was probably the issue. Did you insert a new one?

Either that or we can change your name to BedNBreakfast :popcorn:

I put the last email address I had for you on the League 5 site at MFL. It does not appear to be active, so that was probably the issue. Did you insert a new one?
Just did. Can you set-up the home page with various pull downs horizontally across the board rather than a huge drop down menu?

Just did. Can you set-up the home page with various pull downs horizontally across the board rather than a huge drop down menu?
All the regular options are across the top as it is.

Well I'm not blind and I'm not Lhucks, so could you login as me?

Well I'm not blind and I'm not Lhucks, so could you login as me?
Wow. That's weird. The league is not set up like that. Not sure why yours shows up differently, and unfortunately, not sure how you fix it either.

I've never done one of these Anarchy drafts before and was wondering if the pace of this draft was slower than normal, faster or about average.

QB - Rivers

RB -

WR - Moss, Holmes, Ward

TE - Olsen

Relatively happy here with the course of events. This draft has been a little tighter than I expected. :excited: Everyone. Just rolling with the flow and not forcing anything yet.

Happy to get LJ in the 5th as my #1 RB. Undervalued this year IMO. :popcorn:

Posted this in the other thread too. Maybe we should kill that one.

Happy to get LJ in the 5th as my #1 RB. Undervalued this year IMO. :shrug: Posted this in the other thread too. Maybe we should kill that one.
he made it to the beginning of the 6th in anarchy 4...was hoping he was going to slide to me again here in the 5th

Happy to get LJ in the 5th as my #1 RB. Undervalued this year IMO. :popcorn: Posted this in the other thread too. Maybe we should kill that one.
I was hoping LJ would slide to me 2 picks later. You picking LJ was actually the first time I've yelled at my monitor in this draft, which is pretty good for me. I usually start yelling much earlier. :lmao:

it is making log in again...I had saved it to favorites/remember my password, etc and it wont let me in...tried my passsword that I use for everything...no luck

ill just post my pick here in a few minutes

eta: but i have been relying on the draft lists which I have no access to now so it may take a little longer....

did the email me my password thing and havent received anything yet

Last edited by a moderator:
Round 6, Pick 15: 4:00 hour time limit expired on BassNBrew System has automatically made a pick of Bennett, Earl CHI WRWaiting on Kncks12 for the next pick.
Just curious as to why the system picked Bennett when several higher ADP players and even WRs were available.EDIT: Just saw that the pick was made from "My Draft List" not from ADP. So I guess in absence in an owner having a "My Draft List" ADP is used.

STOP.

Here are the picks that I want....

Brent Celek

Fred Taylor in place of Bennett

The my draft list was a reminder list, not a pick list. Will pm David with this. I won't make an MFL pick since all the pre-darfted picks are cued up. Sorry for the delay. Check this morning at 5:30 am and was 8 picks away. Knew I would be back after one to check in.

Round 6, Pick 15: 4:00 hour time limit expired on BassNBrew System has automatically made a pick of Bennett, Earl CHI WRWaiting on Kncks12 for the next pick.
Just curious as to why the system picked Bennett when several higher ADP players and even WRs were available.EDIT: Just saw that the pick was made from "My Draft List" not from ADP. So I guess in absence in an owner having a "My Draft List" ADP is used.
That was a reminder list for me. I would have taken Lee Evans as the ADP at the time over Bennett. I've pm'd yuds to sort this out.

STOP.Here are the picks that I want....Brent CelekFred Taylor in place of BennettThe my draft list was a reminder list, not a pick list. Will pm David with this. I won't make an MFL pick since all the pre-darfted picks are cued up. Sorry for the delay. Check this morning at 5:30 am and was 8 picks away. Knew I would be back after one to check in.
I fixed it, but you guys need to stay on top of things on your own. I'm trying to stay out of replacement picks for people as it gets too crazy and I am not around much to babysit drafts these days . . .

STOP.Here are the picks that I want....Brent CelekFred Taylor in place of BennettThe my draft list was a reminder list, not a pick list. Will pm David with this. I won't make an MFL pick since all the pre-darfted picks are cued up. Sorry for the delay. Check this morning at 5:30 am and was 8 picks away. Knew I would be back after one to check in.
I fixed it, but you guys need to stay on top of things on your own. I'm trying to stay out of replacement picks for people as it gets too crazy and I am not around much to babysit drafts these days . . .
Thanks. Didn't know the "draft list" was anything more than a notebook.

have no idea where the value is that is left since I can't get in, somebody please give me

Darren Sproles RB, SD

kinda sucks that some are allowed replacement picks after a timeout. I certainly would not have stayed with Lynch if I thought we could change our picks after timeouts. Sorry about that btw. I predrafted, but guess I didn't save the list.

kinda sucks that some are allowed replacement picks after a timeout. I certainly would not have stayed with Lynch if I thought we could change our picks after timeouts. Sorry about that btw. I predrafted, but guess I didn't save the list.
Maybe you will get some Karma and he will go 2000/20.It could happen.MaybePeace

8.16 128. Kncks12 Mendenhall, Rashard PIT RB Sun Aug 16 9:00:05 p.m. ET 2009 Pick made by ADP Rank

9.01 129. Kncks12 Waiting On Kncks12 For The Next Pick

Seems strange to wait for two timeouts. Will PM Yuds.

Team 8 has a 43 point lead over 2nd place based on the DD. It will be interesting to see how many rounds he can hold this lead.

SD QB

Taylor

Moss, Holmes, Ward, Henry, Gage

Olsen, Celek

All these guys accept Henry are on teams with an above average chance of making the playoffs.

I've never drafted in a league with these rules so it was a bit of a learning experience. I obviously bumped up guys on likely play off teams but in hindsight it appears not as much as some others because I keep missing on those guys. My plan was:

For rounds 1-3, get solid performers with minimal bust risk.

Forte

Jennings

Portis

I'm pretty happy with that result.

For rounds 4-8 I wanted to get 2 TMQBs with a high ceiling, Keller if I didn't yet get a TE and no one else fell, and anyone else with big opportunity.

Bengals QBs

Keller

Chiefs QBs

Holt

Avery

Again I feel like I hit my goals decently well. Palmer and Cassel could have big years, I got Keller, and Holt/Avery should lead their teams in targets.

Moving forward I'm looking for guys with talent and opportunity potential. McGahee fit that bill pretty well in the 9th.

I'm not unhappy with my roster so far. I'd be surprised if I didn't do at least middle of the pack for the regular season. But it looks like I'm going to be behind the curve for post season play. In hindsight I'd have drafted NE TMQB in the first and maybe reached for a TE sooner. But I have executed my draft plan pretty well, I just might have had the wrong plan.

All these guys accept Henry are on teams with an above average chance of making the playoffs.
It looks like you are very focused on selecting players from likely play off teams. In hindsight I think that in a 16 team league it might take an extreme approach like this to win it. One of the many things I'll be following.

It looks like you are very focused on selecting players from likely play off teams. In hindsight I think that in a 16 team league it might take an extreme approach like this to win it. One of the many things I'll be following.
I really don't feel like I've reached for any of these players with the exception of Taylor and NE's PK. Several other strategies are in play that I will elaborate on later. I expect my team to move of the DD rankings later in the draft.

Well thant didn't take long....

Team 12 now in the lead. Team 2, 8, and 9 within 10 pts. Team 14 about 200 pts behind, but alot of WR pts still on the board.

Shake up in the DD rankings....

Team BnB now at 2285. Expected that bump with the addition of the kickers. The Morris pick will send me back down the next iteration.

Team 13 2278

Team 8 2248

Bringing up the rear Team 14 with 1982.

This doesn't account for team QB, just your best starting QB. I'll add those in at the end of the draft.

i'm a rookie in this league format. Did I miss something about the playoffs? Do we score playoff games too or are you just taking the line that playoff team players = more points?

i'm a rookie in this league format. Did I miss something about the playoffs? Do we score playoff games too or are you just taking the line that playoff team players = more points?
This is a total points league, so no teams make the playoffs.However, NFL players who make the playoffs will continue to score in this league as long as they play in th epost season, all the way through the Super Bowl.

Users who are viewing this thread