What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2009 Anarchy League 5 (2 Viewers)

i'm a rookie in this league format. Did I miss something about the playoffs? Do we score playoff games too or are you just taking the line that playoff team players = more points?
and you know it's your turn to draft right....?....cause you are checking in there when you check in here right...?

i'm a rookie in this league format. Did I miss something about the playoffs? Do we score playoff games too or are you just taking the line that playoff team players = more points?
dude you have been posting here while you have been up at the same time I think......please check in over there if you are logging on here.....don't count on somebody notifying you.....as of now your clock expires in 40 minutes....and you were on here about 2 hours ago....check that 28 minutes

Last edited by a moderator:
dude you have been posting here while you have been up at the same time I think......please check in over there if you are logging on here.....don't count on somebody notifying you.....as of now your clock expires in 40 minutes....and you were on here about 2 hours ago....check that 28 minutes
had a minor emergency shortly after I posted. Obviously I would have picked if I was able.

This is a total points league, so no teams make the playoffs.However, NFL players who make the playoffs will continue to score in this league as long as they play in th epost season, all the way through the Super Bowl.
thanks david. I was unaware that players on teams that make the playoffs continue to score.

btw my average wait time is two hours less than yours. You have the longest wait time in the entire league actually so maybe you should check yourself a little bit GB

U R 2 funny Ref!

had a minor emergency shortly after I posted. Obviously I would have picked if I was able.
my bad.... hope everything is ok

I've got my two kickers, hopefully both playoff bound. Let the game of misical chairs begin.
I'm a little disappointed in my league-mates here. They let BnB coerce them into making an artificial run on kickers while he scooped up his RB's. :thumbup:

I've got my two kickers, hopefully both playoff bound. Let the game of misical chairs begin.
I'm a little disappointed in my league-mates here. They let BnB coerce them into making an artificial run on kickers while he scooped up his RB's. :lmao:
you gotta be careful with those kickers tho....only 32 get picked and some of those are in position battles right now.....you don't want to get stuck with a guy who doesn't make a roster.....that's like a 100+ point deficit....or 50 ctaches from a TE or 100 from a WR.....etc....not saying they should go early, but waiting too long can cost you.....getting two solid ones might be better than reaching for a Wr or something that you have no clue about...........

I'm a little disappointed in my league-mates here. They let BnB coerce them into making an artificial run on kickers while he scooped up his RB's. :kicksrock:
:own3d: Now I just thumped the TEs again. Have fun finding the starting Carolina TE.Best part about this draft, I don't see a nickels difference in the remaining team QBs. Many of the ones left will outscore some of the ones taken rounds ago. Huge value as a late pick.

Update thru the last full round.

Team 13 now at 2533 narrowly ahead of Team 16 2531 points. Late RBs picks have me in the bottom half. Team 14 bringing up the rear at 2114.

BassNBrew said:
kncks12 said:
Update thru the last full round.Team 13 now at 2533 narrowly ahead of Team 16 2531 points. Late RBs picks have me in the bottom half. Team 14 bringing up the rear at 2114.
How do we know who is team 13...14...etc.
Draft order.
How are these scores generated, and where?
The site we have for the league is the site that will score the leagues. That's the plan, although we may have to have it at a different spot on the same website, but I'll let everyone know if it moves . . .

Update thru the last full round.Team 13 now at 2533 narrowly ahead of Team 16 2531 points. Late RBs picks have me in the bottom half. Team 14 bringing up the rear at 2114.
I would be interested in seeing the entire list once we have completed. Team 4 should be on top :confused:

BassNBrew said:
kncks12 said:
How do we know who is team 13...14...etc.
Draft order.
How are these scores generated, and where?
FBG draft dominator. I'll do a complete listings with backup QBs added on after we finish up.

After round 17

Top 3

Team 10 - 2911

Team 13 - 2836

Team 16 - 2825

Bottom 2

Team 11 - 2412

Team 14 - 2414

Things really got shaken up with people drafting players not even on the depth chart. Team 10 optimized the draft with the two late QBs, plus he has another 140 points that i haven't added to that total. This will be the clear favorite coming into the season.

I'm at 2677 with Oakland QB with another 200 cued up with the Oak Team QB.

My roster.

SD QB

OAK QB

Taylor NE

Forestt SEA

Morris NE

Scott Cin

Moss NE

Holmes PIT

Ward PIT

Henry CIN

GAGE TEN

Olsen CHI

Baker NE

Celek PHI

Gostkowski NE

Keading SD

Dallas D

Atlanta D

IF NE, PITT, and SD can make the playoffs I'll have 9 postseason starters. My only postseason throwaways are Scott. Henry, and OAK team QB. My biggest mistake was waiting on RB. Lots of WR talent can be had later so I paid the price draft WR early. I will probably need Forestt or Scott to greatly exceed expectations to make a title run. Of course 50% of this league is getting lucky avoiding injuires.

After round 17

Top 3

Team 10 - 2911

Team 13 - 2836

Team 16 - 2825

Bottom 2

Team 11 - 2412

Team 14 - 2414

Things really got shaken up with people drafting players not even on the depth chart. Team 10 optimized the draft with the two late QBs, plus he has another 140 points that i haven't added to that total. This will be the clear favorite coming into the season.

My roster.

SD QB

OAK QB

Taylor NE

Forestt SEA

Morris NE

Scott Cin

Moss NE

Holmes PIT

Ward PIT

Henry CIN

GAGE TEN

Olsen CHI

Baker NE

Celek PHI

Gostkowski NE

Keading SD

Dallas D

Atlanta D

IF NE, PITT, and SD can make the playoffs I'll have 9 postseason starters. My only postseason throwaways are Scott. Henry, and OAK team QB. My biggest mistake was waiting on RB. Lots of WR talent can be had later so I paid the price draft WR early. I will probably need Forestt or Scott to greatly exceed expectations to make a title run. Of course 50% of this league is getting lucky avoiding injuires.
BnB...you kinda been spankin yourself off for awhile now.......close the door, grab some kleenex. and let's see what happens...how we are ranked now is cool but seriously...?...dude.....dont be that guy....we can all stroke you for your "potential playoff" dominance over us and thanks for letting us know that was your strategy...but seriously....good luck on your title run..........don't "thump" us too hard....and way to cover your ### sayin it's 50% avoiding injuries.....make up your mind...either you dominated us or you didn't....

Last edited by a moderator:
BnB...you kinda been spankin yourself off for awhile now.......close the door, grab some kleenex. and let's see what happens...how we are ranked now is cool but seriously...?...dude.....dont be that guy....we can all stroke you for your "potential playoff" dominance over us and thanks for letting us know that was your strategy...but seriously....good luck on your title run..........don't "thump" us too hard....and way to cover your ### sayin it's 50% avoiding injuries.....make up your mind...either you dominated us or you didn't....
Dude...it's a freaking ff messageboard....people discuss their drafts and supposedly have some fun with it. Of course if you want to be a tool there's nothing from stopping you from being that guy. How about contributing something about your team and your thoughts on how your draft turned out?

After round 17

Top 3

Team 10 - 2911

Team 13 - 2836

Team 16 - 2825

Bottom 2

Team 11 - 2412

Team 14 - 2414

My roster.

SD QB

OAK QB

Taylor NE

Forestt SEA

Morris NE

Scott Cin

Moss NE

Holmes PIT

Ward PIT

Henry CIN

GAGE TEN

Olsen CHI

Baker NE

Celek PHI

Gostkowski NE

Keading SD

Dallas D

Atlanta D

You know, I think John Madden is a tool, but he does have that big honking ring on his finger now doesn't he? The scoring in this league is not the usual. So learn from those who have been here before.Peace

Found this new feature on MFL called Draft Recap. It kinda recaps the draft, and gives a ranking of the draft from best to worst, using ADP I think, and applies some kind of formula. Not sure how much it takes into account our unique league scoring and rules, but interesting.

Here's how the Draft Recap ranked our draft, from best to worst:

1. Valence

2. Broadway

3. cfrase

4. Nitty Ninjas

5. Wads

6. Kruppe

7. ack88

8. Misfit Blondes

9. Jeremy

10. Stinkin Ref

11. Kncks12

12. Team RamRod

13. Coordinator

14. Taz Devils

15. Jam

16. BassNBrew

http://football18.myfantasyleague.com/2009...51620&O=182

Like I said, interesting...

Nitty

BassNBrew's Coach had a poor draft in the recent 2009 ANARCHY INVITATIONAL - League 5 draft. Their BassNBrew franchise came away feeling dejected about their bottom grade in the league based on analysis by MyFantasyLeague.com.BassNBrew made their best pick of the draft in round 3, selecting San Diego Chargers with the 34th pick of the draft, as compared to the 29th spot he should have been selected in, according to ADP rankings. "We're drafting to fill a need," BassNBrew coach said. BassNBrew made their worst pick of the draft in round 2, selecting Greg Olsen with the 31st pick of the draft, as compared to the 68th spot he should have been selected in, according to ADP rankings. "He's a work in progress," BassNBrew coach said. Starting in week 4, BassNBrew won't be able to submit a full lineup, due to having 1 defensive team on bye. BassNBrew is a shameless New England homer, selecting 5 of his 18 draft picks from the Patriots.After such a pathetic draft grade, BassNBrew is motivated to prove to the league that their picks will overachieve and bring home the trophy.

David...two more corrections needed.

18.3 should be the Rams Def rather than Burress

18.16 should be the Chiefs Def rather than Robieske

Finally points based latest DD projections. List aligns wtih drqaft order.

1 2716 12th

2 2886 4th

3 2756 10th

4 2776 9th

5 2634 14th

6 2865 5th

7 2713 13th

8 2848 6th

9 2825 7th

10 3194 1st

11 2615 15th

12 2810 8th

13 2982 2nd

14 2577 16th

15 2749 11th

16 2961 3rd

Top team

BroadwayG Player YTD Pts Bye

49ers, San Francisco SFO TMQB - 6

Titans, Tennessee TEN TMQB - 7

Bradshaw, Ahmad NYG RB - 10

Brown, Ronnie MIA RB - 6

McClain, Le'Ron BAL RB - 7

Parker, Willie PIT RB - 8

Breaston, Steve ARI WR (P) - 4

Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR - 4

Jackson, DeSean PHI WR - 4

Moss, Santana WAS WR - 8

Nelson, Jordy GBP WR - 5

Wayne, Reggie IND WR - 6

Royal, Robert CLE TE - 9

Shiancoe, Visanthe MIN TE - 9

Akers, David PHI PK - 4

Rackers, Neil ARI PK - 4

Chargers, San Diego SDC Def - 5

Packers, Green Bay GBP Def - 5

18 Total Players

Bottom team

cfrase Player YTD Pts Bye

Dolphins, Miami MIA TMQB - 6

Steelers, Pittsburgh PIT TMQB - 8

Bush, Reggie NOS RB (Q) - 5

Jones, Felix DAL RB - 6

Slaton, Steve HOU RB - 10

Stewart, Jonathan CAR RB (P) - 4

Williams, DeAngelo CAR RB - 4

Austin, Miles DAL WR - 6

Britt, Kenny TEN WR (P) - 7

Bruce, Isaac SFO WR - 6

Burress, Plaxico FA* WR - - STL Defense

Crabtree, Michael SFO WR (P) - 6

Jackson, Vincent SDC WR (P) - 5

Heap, Todd BAL TE (P) - 7

Watson, Ben NEP TE (Q) - 8

Brown, Josh STL PK - 9

Nedney, Joe SFO PK - 6

Titans, Tennessee TEN Def - 7

18 Total Players

I'm shocked at how much better BroadwayG is project to score than the next best team. Hopefully he'll pop in and explain his strategy and how he got such a good feel for the runs.

Finally points based latest DD projections. List aligns wtih drqaft order.

1 2716 12th

2 2886 4th

3 2756 10th

4 2776 9th

5 2634 14th

6 2865 5th

7 2713 13th

8 2848 6th

9 2825 7th

10 3194 1st

11 2615 15th

12 2810 8th

13 2982 2nd

14 2577 16th

15 2749 11th

16 2961 3rd

Top team

49ers, San Francisco SFO TMQB - 6

Titans, Tennessee TEN TMQB - 7

Bradshaw, Ahmad NYG RB - 10

Brown, Ronnie MIA RB - 6

McClain, Le'Ron BAL RB - 7

Parker, Willie PIT RB - 8

Breaston, Steve ARI WR (P) - 4

Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR - 4

Jackson, DeSean PHI WR - 4

Moss, Santana WAS WR - 8

Nelson, Jordy GBP WR - 5

Wayne, Reggie IND WR - 6

Royal, Robert CLE TE - 9

Shiancoe, Visanthe MIN TE - 9

Akers, David PHI PK - 4

Rackers, Neil ARI PK - 4

Chargers, San Diego SDC Def - 5

Packers, Green Bay GBP Def - 5

18 Total Players

Bottom team

cfrase Player YTD Pts Bye

Dolphins, Miami MIA TMQB - 6

Steelers, Pittsburgh PIT TMQB - 8

Bush, Reggie NOS RB (Q) - 5

Jones, Felix DAL RB - 6

Slaton, Steve HOU RB - 10

Stewart, Jonathan CAR RB (P) - 4

Williams, DeAngelo CAR RB - 4

Austin, Miles DAL WR - 6

Britt, Kenny TEN WR (P) - 7

Bruce, Isaac SFO WR - 6

Burress, Plaxico FA* WR - - STL Defense

Crabtree, Michael SFO WR (P) - 6

Jackson, Vincent SDC WR (P) - 5

Heap, Todd BAL TE (P) - 7

Watson, Ben NEP TE (Q) - 8

Brown, Josh STL PK - 9

Nedney, Joe SFO PK - 6

Titans, Tennessee TEN Def - 7

18 Total Players

I'm shocked at how much better BroadwayG is project to score than the next best team. Hopefully he'll pop in and explain his strategy and how he got such a good feel for the runs.
I used a combination of projection with Projection Dominater. It list my team Team 16 (The Coordinator) first and BroadwayG second closely behind. I had the lead last year until the Super Bowl where I believe BroadwayG came and took it form me at the last second. Hopefully this year I will get him back.I am pretty happy with my draft considering I had to draft out of the last spot. I would of rather been somewhere in the middle so I didn't have to wait for 30 picks to go before I could draft again.

Game on.

Yeah, last year I had Fitz/Parker/Steelers D and a lot of points to make up in the Super Bowl.

As far as draft strategy, I look for WR early and often, as QB and TE fly off the board early. I try to give a hefty lean to probable playoff teams. It's a fine line trying to determine how much more a playoff guy is worth.

After WR, I really just tried to pick up anything that falls through the cracks at TE/RB/QB. Got great deals on Shiancoe, Parker, and Bradshaw IMO. Also don't mind spending higher picks on possible playoff K and DT.

I didn't start out with the intention to punt the QB position, but nothing really dropped that was interesting to me. And once you get to a certain point, you may as well wait to the end, it's not like you're gonna get shut out of the position like what could happen with a kicker. That's probably where I have the most point differential:draft position ratio on paper compared to the other teams. I'm just glad the other guys that waited on a QB until the end let me get the two I wanted (SF and TEN) :goodposting:

Yeah, last year I had Fitz/Parker/Steelers D and a lot of points to make up in the Super Bowl.As far as draft strategy, I look for WR early and often, as QB and TE fly off the board early. I try to give a hefty lean to probable playoff teams. It's a fine line trying to determine how much more a playoff guy is worth.After WR, I really just tried to pick up anything that falls through the cracks at TE/RB/QB. Got great deals on Shiancoe, Parker, and Bradshaw IMO. Also don't mind spending higher picks on possible playoff K and DT.I didn't start out with the intention to punt the QB position, but nothing really dropped that was interesting to me. And once you get to a certain point, you may as well wait to the end, it's not like you're gonna get shut out of the position like what could happen with a kicker. That's probably where I have the most point differential:draft position ratio on paper compared to the other teams. I'm just glad the other guys that waited on a QB until the end let me get the two I wanted (SF and TEN) :goodposting:
Wanted TN QB but had ATL D as a bigger priority. Parker and Bradshaw were guys I was targetting, but RBs flew off the board in this draft so I just loaded up on WRs with playoff potential.

will do a review on my team tonight maybe. Honestly though I had no idea about the continued scoring into the playoffs :) .

I went heavy on the RBs because it seemed everyone else were avoiding them and that's where the value was. That said, I would not have taken Marshawn Lynch had I not timed out, or even if I knew replacement picks were allowed. MFL is blocked at work so can't comment on the entire draft just yet.

valence said:
will do a review on my team tonight maybe. Honestly though I had no idea about the continued scoring into the playoffs :lmao: .I went heavy on the RBs because it seemed everyone else were avoiding them and that's where the value was. That said, I would not have taken Marshawn Lynch had I not timed out, or even if I knew replacement picks were allowed. MFL is blocked at work so can't comment on the entire draft just yet.
Generally speaking, replacement picks are frowned upon and would be considered for extenuating circumstances and only right away. SO if someone missed a pick and then wanted to make a substitute pick after a dozen more players came of the board, then it wouldn't fly.Some people emailed/PMed me just as they missed a pick or couldn't get on MFL etc., and that's different.RB are generally not as valuable because they are 0 PPR vs WR 1 PPR vs TE 2 PPR. The intent was to devalue RB and get away from the hoarding of RB in fantasy circles.

Bills, Buffalo BUF TMQB - 9

Ravens, Baltimore BAL TMQB - 7

I was excited about Edwards a couple of weeks ago, but have soured on him since. TO's toe injury hurts him big time. I think Flacco will be solid this year, He's also likely to go fairly deep in the playoffs.

Johnson, Chris TEN RB

Lynch, Marshawn BUF RB

McFadden, Darren OAK RB

Westbrook, Brian PHI RB

Probably one of the strongest RB groups in the league. I was targetting Coles, or a QB where I got Lynch, but I got online minutes after my clock expired and ended up with Lynch. This group is weakened by the lack of PPR for RB's

Camarillo, Greg MIA WR

Clayton, Mark BAL WR

Galloway, Joey NEP WR

Henderson, Devery NOS WR

Houshmandzadeh, T.J. SEA WR

Owens, Terrell BUF WR

Despite waiting on WR, I'm ok with this group as long as TO isn't out too long. I'm liking what I see out of Housh more every week. Galloway still has it and if Moss gets hurt he will be the primary beneficiary. Camarillo should be solid since it's PPR for WR. Henderson and Clayton are just homerun threats. In his format I don't have to predict when they have their big games.

McMichael, Randy STL TE

Scheffler, Tony DEN TE

Again, despite waiting here, I feel I have a solid combo. Scheffler sems to be forgotten a bit this season, despite playing with Captain Checkdown. If he can stay healthy ( we say that every year), he could apporach top 12 numbers. I'm not sure what to think about McMichael. On one hand, there should be a lot of targets for him in an offense without many play makers. On the other hand, Bulger isn't looking good and is already hurt again.

Feely, Jay NYJ PK

Reed, Jeff PIT PK

Two solid, potential playoff kickers.

Lions, Detroit DET Def

Vikings, Minnesota MIN Def

One great D and one with some upside.

Overall:

I don't care much what the DD says, I don't feel like it is a top 3 team. I think TOs and Schefflers health are the keys to this team. If they can stay healthy the team could be competitive. The lack of a lot of players on guaranteed playoff teams will hurt quite a bit.

Week 1 Live Scoring BroadwayG (16.26 pts)

Misfit Blondes (22.40 pts)

Valence (13.80 pts)

Stinkin Ref (3.30 pts)

Tasmanian Devils (14.80 pts)

cfrase (42.32 pts)

JAM (0.00 pts)

Team Ram Rod (0.00 pts)

Nitty Ninjas (0.00 pts)

Kncks12 (5.10 pts)

JeremyX13 (0.00 pts)

Kruppe (14.00 pts)

Coordinator (1.80 pts)

ack88 (0.00 pts)

Wadsworth (0.00 pts)

BassNBrew (67.20 pts)

:thumbup: :boxing:

It's on boys! Team BnB comes out of the gates strong.

Week 1 Live Scoring BroadwayG (184.92 pts)

Misfit Blondes (158.16 pts)

Valence (198.96 pts)

Stinkin Ref (152.36 pts)

Tasmanian Devils (167.96 pts)

cfrase (195.76 pts)

JAM (165.28 pts)

Team Ram Rod (139.50 pts)

Nitty Ninjas (132.82 pts)

Kncks12 (164.66 pts)

JeremyX13 (184.98 pts)

Kruppe (186.46 pts)

Coordinator (233.28 pts)

ack88 (181.60 pts)

Wadsworth (187.26 pts)

BassNBrew (191.92 pts)

Huge numbers in week one. Not often that 182 puts you in 8th place on the weeks. Congrats to Coordinator on a great start to the season.

Things are tightening up a bit as we head into the byes.. Oakland team QB is killing me right now.

League Standings Franchise PF Avg PF

Coordinator 620.72 206.9

BroadwayG 599.42 199.8

ack88 571.50 190.5

BassNBrew 557.44 185.8

JeremyX13 554.08 184.7

Stinkin Ref 526.42 175.5

Valence 515.94 172.0

JAM 506.70 168.9

Wadsworth 504.16 168.1

Kruppe 500.56 166.9

cfrase 498.50 166.2

Misfit Blondes 497.20 165.7

Team Ram Rod 485.22 161.7

Kncks12 477.16 159.1

Tasmanian Devils 451.38 150.5

Nitty Ninjas 402.64 134.2

Getting tight up top with BroadwayG and Coordinator within a hand full of points and Stikin Ref 30 or so back. Ack88 closes in on the top 3 with a 236 pt week. I should pass Team Ram Rod to move into 7th. Injuries are mounting on my team as I lose a 3rd player to injury. 6th place looks like my ceiling for the year.

Garret Hartley is killing me. Chump. My new goal is to beat BnB in the league. By the way, when is WSL '10?

Peace

Back to back 220+ point weeks with a 30+ pt cushion over the field to finish the year has brought me back to a respectable 5th. Don't have the horses left to make a run so it looks like 4th to 6th for me.

BroadwayG leading by 27 pts.

49ers, San Francisco SFO TMQB 253.22 6

Titans, Tennessee TEN TMQB 237.76 7

Bradshaw, Ahmad NYG RB (P) 140.50 10

Brown, Ronnie MIA RB (I) 129.48 6

McClain, Le'Ron BAL RB 44.10 7

Parker, Willie PIT RB (P) 51.30 8

Breaston, Steve ARI WR 148.60 4

Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR (P) 284.20 4

Jackson, DeSean PHI WR 253.40 4

Moss, Santana WAS WR (P) 179.00 8

Nelson, Jordy GBP WR 66.00 5

Wayne, Reggie IND WR (P) 286.40 6

Royal, Robert CLE TE 41.40 9

Shiancoe, Visanthe MIN TE (P) 234.60 9

Akers, David PHI PK 159.00 4

Rackers, Neil ARI PK (P) 101.00 4

Chargers, San Diego SDC Def 156.00 5

Packers, Green Bay GBP Def 228.00 5

18 Total Players

11 of 18 left. Loaded at WR. Should score well the rest of the way.

Users who are viewing this thread