What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2009 Tampa Bay Bucs thread (1 Viewer)

Capella

Footballguy
:lmao:

Suppose it's a good time to fire this one up.

:mellow:

Um...welcome Raheem. You are 18 months older than I am. Not sure I feel totally comfortable with that.

Last edited by a moderator:
:shock: Suppose it's a good time to fire this one up. :lmao: Um...welcome Raheem. You are 18 months older than I am. Not sure I feel totally comfortable with that.
Was this a surprise in Tampa or were you Bucs fans expecting something like this? It surprised me but I don't follow TB as close as I do MN.

:goodposting: Suppose it's a good time to fire this one up. :unsure: Um...welcome Raheem. You are 18 months older than I am. Not sure I feel totally comfortable with that.
Was this a surprise in Tampa or were you Bucs fans expecting something like this? It surprised me but I don't follow TB as close as I do MN.
I think 'shock' is the term of choice here.If you would have told me 48 hours ago Raheem Morris would be the HC of the Bucs, I would have laughed at you.

What do you guys want the Bucs to do in the draft?

Wishful thinking,

Everett Brown (Go Noles!)

BJ Raji (We need DT, and he is the best in this draft)

More likely,

Brian Cushing (I'm not convinced Crowell can stay healthy, plus Bates can do good things with versatile players like this)

Peria Jerry (This DT fits the new 1 gap system great)

Michael Johnson (This guy is the popular choice right now, but I'm afraid of another skinny "speed rusher"DE like Gaines)

Larry English (Pewter Report loves this guy)

I wouldn't mind trading down and getting a big DT like Ron Brace, and picking up an extra 1st day pick.

What I don't want,

Josh Freeman (even if he is great we have too many holes on D)

Percy Harvin (Go Noles!)

If we did go WR I think it would be a speedster that can stretch the field like Heyward-Bey. But, that would mean they completely give up on last years 2nd round pick Dexter Jackson, which I wouldn't be surprised if they have.

Wishful thinking,Everett Brown (Go Noles!)What I don't want,Percy Harvin (Go Noles!)
I want the best player available and hope the Bucs don't put college team into consideration.I definitely agree that we need to add help on offense. Base case scenerio would be to get a stud DT.

What do you guys want the Bucs to do in the draft?Wishful thinking,Everett Brown (Go Noles!)BJ Raji (We need DT, and he is the best in this draft)More likely,Brian Cushing (I'm not convinced Crowell can stay healthy, plus Bates can do good things with versatile players like this)Peria Jerry (This DT fits the new 1 gap system great)Michael Johnson (This guy is the popular choice right now, but I'm afraid of another skinny "speed rusher"DE like Gaines)Larry English (Pewter Report loves this guy)I wouldn't mind trading down and getting a big DT like Ron Brace, and picking up an extra 1st day pick.What I don't want,Josh Freeman (even if he is great we have too many holes on D)Percy Harvin (Go Noles!)If we did go WR I think it would be a speedster that can stretch the field like Heyward-Bey. But, that would mean they completely give up on last years 2nd round pick Dexter Jackson, which I wouldn't be surprised if they have.
Completely agree with you. Hope they trade down and get another first day pick or if not then pick Peria. I really hope they DO NOT pick Freeman no matter how high he seems to be jumping in the rankings lately.

bump.

Training camp starts Saturday, and it's in Tampa again. I should be there most of the days, since it's right by my house & tix are free. Ruud is going to report, and it's looking like Freeman is getting close to signing a deal.

:mellow:

Also a presser tomorrow announcing the creamsicle Throwback game in Nov. The team will start selling throwback product on Friday...other retail a week later.

Also announcing that the first name will be placed on the Ring of Honor at that game. I assume it's got to be Leroy?

Any advice for places to go (No strip joins-TIA) in the Tampa area. My buddy and I are coming up for the season opener.

We are looking for upscale fun kind of place.

I can't wait to see RJS it looks like a great stadium.

Any advice for places to go (No strip joins-TIA) in the Tampa area. My buddy and I are coming up for the season opener.We are looking for upscale fun kind of place.I can't wait to see RJS it looks like a great stadium.
I gave you all I've got in the FFA thread. Only additional advice would be to WEAR A PERFORMANCE TEE OR POLO!! It will be a tad bit warm.

Any advice for places to go (No strip joins-TIA) in the Tampa area. My buddy and I are coming up for the season opener.We are looking for upscale fun kind of place.I can't wait to see RJS it looks like a great stadium.
I gave you all I've got in the FFA thread. Only additional advice would be to WEAR A PERFORMANCE TEE OR POLO!! It will be a tad bit warm.
I remember thanks.

-I would say Luke got 1/3 of the reps folowed by Leftwich, and Freeman. Josh Johnson didn't get much action.

-Pretty deep at RB. I agree with the Clifton / Sproles assessment. Dude is quick. EG looked fast, and really good up until the fumble. They all caught the ball well when doing solo drills.

-Sammy did make a nice catch out of bounds, but I'm pretty sure the ground ended up knocking it loose at the end. Impressive either way.

-Brian Clark looked good, and I think he could push for the #3 spot.

-Stovall looked slow.

-Don't recall seeing much out of Dexter Jackson.

-Joel Filani had a nice catch. It may have been over Aquib. Someone burnt Talib once, but I forgot who.

-Clayton had a nice catch, but I think he may have had a drop on a short pass early.

-It looks like they are commited to having Phillips at WLB. I saw him lining up with the first team on the other end.

-EG appeared to be running with the 1st team more.

-Bryant is way more talented than any other WR on the team.

-Ronde was getting owned in the 1 on 1 drills.

-I didn't ever go to camp when Gruden was coach, but I heard you could hear him yelling quite a bit. Raheem is more chilled out it appears.

-D spent a good amount of time just lining up on the far side of the field. I guess they want to nail down where they need to be at their respective positions. Particularly the LB's & DB's.

-Leftwich got better as camp when on. McNown was pretty accurate. Leftwich threw an INT. Freeman had a nice completion to Bryant, but he had to adjust a little.

-Both kickers looked good.

-Quincy Black looked good. The battle for the starting LB positions is going to be interesting to watch.

-McCown first guy out of locker room warming up.

-Elbert Mack picking up where he left off.

Awesome report QUEZ!

On a totally selfish note with all the season ticket holders bailing on the Bucco's this year i was able to move down to section 124 row R...thanks suckas!

A Bucs home game on a warm sunday is THE social event and best time to be had anywhere for the week in the best town I have ever lived in.

Im a biased b@$tard though!

GO BUCS

On a totally selfish note with all the season ticket holders bailing on the Bucco's this year i was able to move down to section 124 row R...thanks suckas!A Bucs home game on a warm sunday is THE social event and best time to be had anywhere for the week in the best town I have ever lived in.
Agree...I'll be buying the seats down the row from you though for about $40 each. :lmao:I think they are expecting 25-30K for tonights practice at RayJay.

On a totally selfish note with all the season ticket holders bailing on the Bucco's this year i was able to move down to section 124 row R...thanks suckas!A Bucs home game on a warm sunday is THE social event and best time to be had anywhere for the week in the best town I have ever lived in.
Agree...I'll be buying the seats down the row from you though for about $40 each. :confused:I think they are expecting 25-30K for tonights practice at RayJay.
What are season ticket packages going for? It seems like a pretty good time to be buying...

I may have spoke too soon on second year WR Dexter Jackson. Him, Brian Clark, Maurice Stovall, Sammie Straughter, and some other scrubs are all competing for the 3rd WR spot.

It didn’t get any better for the corners. Second-year receiver Dexter Jackson had a great morning workout, showing top-end speed and some good moves. He juked nickel corner Elbert Mack, gained separation and got open to haul in a catch across the middle.Jackson ran a quick slant and easily beat Talib to the ball.On the far side of the field, rookie Josh Freeman threw a dart to a diving Jackson in the end zone, who scored a touchdown on the play. That reception drew rave applause from the crowd.Jackson probably had the best practice that Pewter Report has seen him have since he’s been in the NFL, and that’s a real credit to him for the abuse he’s taken over the past year from fans and the media. One day won’t automatically guarantee him a roster spot, but he’s off to a good start.Wide receiver Dexter Jackson made a great catch with his hands while dragging his back foot to maintain the completion before going out of bounds.But Freeman rebounded a few plays later, throwing another perfect slant – this time to Jackson – who beat Biggers across the middle for a touchdownMcCown had a nice play later where he was pressured by defensive end Jimmy Wilkerson. McCown scrambled, and if it was a live game Wilkerson may have had a sack, but McCown moved out of the pocket and threw downfield to Jackson, who made a diving catch, and held onto the ball when he landed hard on the ground. Many players, including defensive coaches, were praising Jackson after that catch. Jackson, who had a sensational morning practice, starred once again during the night practice.Leftwich also threw a beautiful deep pass to Jackson, who was tracked down after 40 yards by Piscitelli, who made a touchdown-saving tackle.

Grahamburn said:
Agree...I'll be buying the seats down the row from you though for about $40 each. :shrug:I think they are expecting 25-30K for tonights practice at RayJay.
What are season ticket packages going for? It seems like a pretty good time to be buying...
It really all depends...I have a ticket agent guy who really helped me get a great deal and a premier spot where i wanted to be...PM me if you would like the guys name and number.

O looked bad today. Gave up quite a few sacks, on Leftwich mostly. Freeman threw 2 INTs to SS Donte Nicholson. Lefty threw 1 I believe. McNown looked better than the other guys, but not phenominal.

Ronde looked good.

Bryant made a few nice catches.

Filani & Clark could compete for a roster spot at WR.

They did a 3rd & 3 drill for a while that was pretty entertaining to watch. Clifton Smith lined up at WR a few times, and did well.

Freeman is playing with the scrubs now the majority of the time, and still throwing picks.

Special Teams looked good with Clifton catching, and then Elbert Mack the CB caught a few.

I've been told in another thread that the Bucs will be great this season.Von
I doubt anybody actually said that. Rather, they likely said the Bucs won't be horrible and you objected and then decided to spin "they'll be better than you think" into "they will be great" so you can come back later and claim you won some dumb internet argument. At least, that's my guess.Anyways, I'm sure you had that Arizona Cardinals to the Super Bowl and 11-5 Atlanta Falcons seasons pegged last year. :thumbup:

O looked bad today. Gave up quite a few sacks, on Leftwich mostly. Freeman threw 2 INTs to SS Donte Nicholson. Lefty threw 1 I believe. McNown looked better than the other guys, but not phenominal. Ronde looked good. Bryant made a few nice catches. Filani & Clark could compete for a roster spot at WR. They did a 3rd & 3 drill for a while that was pretty entertaining to watch. Clifton Smith lined up at WR a few times, and did well.Freeman is playing with the scrubs now the majority of the time, and still throwing picks.Special Teams looked good with Clifton catching, and then Elbert Mack the CB caught a few.
Interesting that we haven't heard a peep about Ward...I have read that Graham won't be at FB this year and he is getting the bulk of the time with the first unit...can you add anything else to that?Thanks for the updates! :confused:

H.K. said:
O looked bad today. Gave up quite a few sacks, on Leftwich mostly. Freeman threw 2 INTs to SS Donte Nicholson. Lefty threw 1 I believe. McNown looked better than the other guys, but not phenominal.

Ronde looked good.

Bryant made a few nice catches.

Filani & Clark could compete for a roster spot at WR.

They did a 3rd & 3 drill for a while that was pretty entertaining to watch. Clifton Smith lined up at WR a few times, and did well.

Freeman is playing with the scrubs now the majority of the time, and still throwing picks.

Special Teams looked good with Clifton catching, and then Elbert Mack the CB caught a few.
Interesting that we haven't heard a peep about Ward...I have read that Graham won't be at FB this year and he is getting the bulk of the time with the first unit...can you add anything else to that?

Thanks for the updates! :goodposting:
I watched the RBs pretty close this morning, and they all look awesome including Clifton Smith. I think this can be attributedd to 3 things; a great run blocking line, 4 good RBs, and a poor run D. Caddy & Clifton fielded punts, and caught everything. Caddy had the best hands today catching quick passes after running through the dummy bags.

I honestly have no idea who, if anyone, will be the "starter." It's way to close to call right now. Anyone who tells you otherwise doesn't know what they are talking about.

Oh, and Michael Clayton is looking very good. I got a tweet today from TBBuccaneers that said "Seriously, Michael Clayton is scorching hot in this camp. He just caught another TD pass in traffic. He looks supremely confident."

Gaines Adams looked better. I saw him completely bull rush through Trueblood at one point. The past 2 seasons it seemed like his only move was a speed rush from outside.

Quincy Black is all over the place at SLB. He is going to be good.

Rookie Roy Miller is looking good. Hovan is taking the guy under his wing. I've seen Hovan drop knowledge on him several times regarding technique.

You can't replace Monte, but I like Bates. Seems to be pretty fired up out there.

McCown finally threw his first INT this afternoon to none other than Elbert Mack. Mack, who's first name sounds like that of a Muppet, is easily the leader for the nickel corner spot, and has had a great first few days. He looked good last year as well, but got hurt.

Leftwich looked pretty good this afternoon, and did a good job calling an audible that led to a TD. His experience shows.

Freeman is looking very raw, and I take back my comments that he will be the #2 soon. As of today it's looking like dude wont see the field this year.

Derick Ward had his best practice today, and made a nice TD catch over his head in the back of the end zone. He also had a few nice cuts.

Caddy continues to look good.

Graham didn't stick out this afternoon, but didn't do anything bad.

WR's Clark, Cambell, Hankton, and Stovall all had nice catches this afternoon.

Aquib shut down everyone on his side.

Geno Hays made a nice break-up on the ball in the end zone when he was forced to drop back into coverage.

I have to disagree with Quez. I was at the practice yesterday and I thought Leftwich looked abysmal. McCown was very comfortable and in control of the pocket.

McCown is going to smoke Lefty in this competition. I hate to go to the "it won't even be close line", but....it won't even be close.

They should just go back to them for every game.
Twice a year, next year, from what I understand. Gump would know more, though.I like their 'new' uniforms (however new unis can be after 12 years) but I do wish they would wear the white on white more. My favorite combination.
Not sure if the Glazers have confirmed anything for '10, but the creamsicle will (finally) be onfield this season on Nov 8th.It took desparate times to finally smoke them out...although they still tweaked the creamsicle to make it "Glazer Orange".

Twice a year, next year, from what I understand. Gump would know more, though.I like their 'new' uniforms (however new unis can be after 12 years) but I do wish they would wear the white on white more. My favorite combination.
Not sure if the Glazers have confirmed anything for '10, but the creamsicle will (finally) be onfield this season on Nov 8th.It took desparate times to finally smoke them out...although they still tweaked the creamsicle to make it "Glazer Orange".
Actually I just read on TBO that they plan to where them twice in 2010.Raheem seemed plenty in control. Was giving the offense a lot of ####. Made them run gassers after a bad offensive set.

Lot of hip-hop music blasting as you walked in. Surprised me a bit. Seems like he's having fun with it.

Actually I just read on TBO that they plan to where them twice in 2010.Raheem seemed plenty in control. Was giving the offense a lot of ####. Made them run gassers after a bad offensive set.

Lot of hip-hop music blasting as you walked in. Surprised me a bit. Seems like he's having fun with it.
Great news...on both counts.

I read they confirmed a 5 year deal allowing the team to wear orange up to 2 times per year.

Gump - I've never observed another NFL coaches practice, so I don't know exactly what "control" looks like. He kind of floats around in the beginning, and oversees everything. He will however get more involved later on in practice, during the O/D drills. I've also seen him coaching technique to DBs.

The other coaches are really the ones running everything though it seems. Olsen is working mostly with McCown & Leftwich, and not wasting his time on Freeman for now. I really like Bates though. Like I said, he is no Monte, but he reminds me of a mean old man kind of like Coughlin.

The other coaches are really the ones running everything though it seems. Olsen is working mostly with McCown & Leftwich, and not wasting his time on Freeman for now. I really like Bates though. Like I said, he is no Monte, but he reminds me of a mean old man kind of like Coughlin.
I've heard some stories about the old One Buc...with Monte, Marinelli, and Herm giving the D complete he!!.

WR Michael Clayton appeared to pull a hamstring after catching a TD pass from Byron Leftwich

QB Byron Leftwich had a great practice on Wednesday morning. A ton of TD passes, no INTs. McCown was okay, but not as great as Leftwich was.

CB Aqib Talib had a bad morning

D-Jax didn't look good

Bryant and Winslow will probably be back in practice tomorrow, but Crowell is out until next week.

Ronde Barber nearly had an interception

J.Wilkerson is having a great camp

EG was the first RB to take carries in GL drill

Past few days Leftwich > McCown. He's starting to get more reps with the 1st team. Remember the name QUINCY BLACK.

Thanks Quez....any difference in the QBs workload...both working with 1st team O, etc?

Users who are viewing this thread