What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2010 Offseason Dynasty Trades (2 Viewers)

Carlos: Rice is an important part of your WR corps, not an extra piece to be thrown in a trade. The player value is in the ballpark for that trade, but it does not suit your team. More importantly, though, your signature is ridiculously long, condense that thing. It takes up my whole monitor... Seriously, go horizontal, every player doesn't need his own line.

~~~~~

10 team, .5 ppr for WR/TE only

Ray Rice, M.Gilyard, A.Hernandez (TE)

for

M.Jones-Drew

Some people like Rice more than Jones-Drew, I have them about even... but I prefer MJD because of his higher TD output. I like Gilyard and Hernandez, but I came to him for the trade, so I knew I needed to throw something in. Originally he wanted to swap his pick 20 for my pick 10, but I declined. Now that the draft is over, I ended up giving two players picked at 28 and 30.

Interesting how names are sometimes more valuable than picks... except when you are talking about 1st rounders, especially high 1sts.

Making trades to get Dez Bryant:Houston Texans will giveMallet, Martell PHI RBMcCoy, LeSean PHI RBWashington, Leon SEA RBYear 2010 Draft Pick 2.11Year 2011 Round 2 Draft Pick from Houston TexansTo Dallas Cowboys forYear 2010 Draft Pick 1.02Mathews was already taken at 1.01, thank goodness
a second portion for the CowboysSan Francisco 49ers trade:Jones-Drew, Maurice JAC RBYear 2010 Draft Pick 2.08Year 2010 Draft Pick 3.08Dallas Cowboys trade:McCoy, LeSean PHI RBMcFadden, Darren OAK RBYear 2010 Draft Pick 2.02

Making trades to get Dez Bryant:Houston Texans will giveMallet, Martell PHI RBMcCoy, LeSean PHI RBWashington, Leon SEA RBYear 2010 Draft Pick 2.11Year 2011 Round 2 Draft Pick from Houston TexansTo Dallas Cowboys forYear 2010 Draft Pick 1.02Mathews was already taken at 1.01, thank goodness
a second portion for the CowboysSan Francisco 49ers trade:Jones-Drew, Maurice JAC RBYear 2010 Draft Pick 2.08Year 2010 Draft Pick 3.08Dallas Cowboys trade:McCoy, LeSean PHI RBMcFadden, Darren OAK RBYear 2010 Draft Pick 2.02
Two pretty terrible trades right there for the non-Cowboys.

Actually I think the first trade was a bad one for the Cowboys. Basically traded the 1.02 for McCoy, which is not nearly the value you could get for that pick IMO. But the Cowboys made up for it by stealing MJD for dirt cheap.

MJD for Mccoy/McFadden?

What are some of these people thinking?

The idea behind this thread is great, it should have been a good way to gather what the relative trade values of many players are. But when 80% of the deals are complete mindf***s as to why someone in their right mind would hit the accept button, it pretty much neutralizes any hope of this stuff being useful unless you play with 3rd graders, which apparently most people on these boards do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually I think the first trade was a bad one for the Cowboys. Basically traded the 1.02 for McCoy, which is not nearly the value you could get for that pick IMO. But the Cowboys made up for it by stealing MJD for dirt cheap.
Was about to say, I felt great with the 1st trade...until I saw the 2nd. I was like "Damn, I had crap to package with McCoy for MJD!!!"So the 2nd trade, great job by Dallas.The first trade bad for the Texans?Here's some background on that team: LeSean McCoy was literally the only RB with potential to get more than 10 carries a game on roster. Leon is basically done. 2nd round picks, especially late second round picks, aren't really worth much. And 1.02 was Dez Bryant. That WR corps now looks like: Dez BryantHakeem NicksMike WallaceMike ThomasBrandon LaFellBrandon TateJosh CribbsJarrett DillardOut of that, I see 2 top 15-20 WRs in a year, and a bunch of guys with great shots ot become WR1s for their team, and WR1 or WR2s for fantasy teams.So this team was way out of contention next year. Way out. Why not use the one thing you have to guarantee you build a great WR corps, get a top pick again next season, find a waiver wonder RB this year or next, and all the sudden be a top team?I think HOU and DAL both made out well, then DAL made out well again.

12 Team PPR Dynasty League:

Team A gets: Vincent Jackson, 2011 2nd & 3rd round picks, 2012 3rd rounder.

Team B gets: Andre Caldwell (team A's drop), 2011 1st & 2012 1st.

Thoughts?

12 Team PPR Dynasty League:Team A gets: Vincent Jackson, 2011 2nd & 3rd round picks, 2012 3rd rounder.Team B gets: Andre Caldwell (team A's drop), 2011 1st & 2012 1st.Thoughts?
Vincent Jackson, 2011 2nd & 3rd round picks, 2012 3rd rounder = CANDYTeam B = BABY

Yeah got mixed up because of the reversal of the wording.Two terrible trades, one for the Cowboys, one for the non-Cowboys.

keeper non-ppr, yardage league

I traded Moreno and Marshall

I received Grant and Colston

I think Grant will be huge this year for GB and Colston is safer then Marshall.

thoughts?

keeper non-ppr, yardage leagueI traded Moreno and MarshallI received Grant and ColstonI think Grant will be huge this year for GB and Colston is safer then Marshall.thoughts?
Since you asked for thoughts...In a keeper or dynasty format, I personally prefer Moreno over Grant, and Marshall over Colston - but neither by a significant margin.

keeper non-ppr, yardage leagueI traded Moreno and MarshallI received Grant and ColstonI think Grant will be huge this year for GB and Colston is safer then Marshall.thoughts?
Since you asked for thoughts...In a keeper or dynasty format, I personally prefer Moreno over Grant, and Marshall over Colston - but neither by a significant margin.
couple things....I am in win-now mode with Brees and Turner at peak values and age is will be factor soon.I found getting good value for Moreno (Grant) was easier then trying to get market value for Turner.Denver is scaring me for 2010. Clady being injured and the team appears to be in a state of flux right now.Grant should be a top 10 RB given his situation.I consider Colston to be a pretty safe WR1.Marshall has more upsdie, but a new team and he's a knucklhead, i thought I would trade him before he messes up again. That might never happen, but there is a chance.

couple things....I am in win-now mode with Brees and Turner at peak values and age is will be factor soon.I found getting good value for Moreno (Grant) was easier then trying to get market value for Turner.Denver is scaring me for 2010. Clady being injured and the team appears to be in a state of flux right now.Grant should be a top 10 RB given his situation.I consider Colston to be a pretty safe WR1.Marshall has more upsdie, but a new team and he's a knucklhead, i thought I would trade him before he messes up again. That might never happen, but there is a chance.
Totally hear you. Denver's offense is looking like an abyss right now. Average QB, no WRs, and just lost a stud LT for at least part of the season. In a win-now sense, I think Grant is probably the better player. No doubt about Marshall's knuckleheadedness either.I dont think you made a terrible trade - especially for 2010. Long term, I personally just prefer the players you gave up to the ones you received.

pretty bad. grant does not have the ability to be "huge" and in no way is colston "safer" than marshall. just really bad.

pretty bad. grant does not have the ability to be "huge" and in no way is colston "safer" than marshall. just really bad.
Grant is a top 10 RB for the next few years for sure.Moreno??hopefully top 20.

Grant is a top 10 RB for the next few years for sure.
Disagree with this since he's already 28 and has only had one top 10 season. Add that to the $7.25M he would be owed next year if he rushes for 1250+ yards and I think it's very possible that he's cut or traded in 2011.

Disagree with this since he's already 28 and has only had one top 10 season. Add that to the $7.25M he would be owed next year if he rushes for 1250+ yards and I think it's very possible that he's cut or traded in 2011.
Not to get nit-picky, but he turns 28 in December.Next year is his 28 year old season.

Team A Gave up

Steven Jackson

Jay Cutler

Pierre Garcon

2011 3rd rd

Team B Gave

Rashard Mendenhall

Hakeem Nicks

2011 1st rd

I am team A and probobly got the short end of this deal, but I have great QB depth and wanted to trade Steve Jackson away when he still has high value (I have a bad feeling he will be a shell of himself after this next season). I still have a lot of traders remorse though.

Not to get nit-picky, but he turns 28 in December.Next year is his 28 year old season.
he's a mediocre talent in a high-powered offense. he's not anything "for sure" for the next few years.

Team A Gave up Steven JacksonJay CutlerPierre Garcon2011 3rd rdTeam B GaveRashard MendenhallHakeem Nicks2011 1st rdI am team A and probobly got the short end of this deal, but I have great QB depth and wanted to trade Steve Jackson away when he still has high value (I have a bad feeling he will be a shell of himself after this next season). I still have a lot of traders remorse though.
Looks like a trade I would pull. If you have a gut-bomb about a player sometimes it is best to unload. SJax and Mendy could be equals from here on out and Nicks is a fast riser. I like that you got a 2011 1st as well. Overall I like the trade based on your feeling about SJax (probably because I share the same thoughts about him).

he's a mediocre talent in a high-powered offense. he's not anything "for sure" for the next few years.
Fair enough.I like the trade.With Turner as my other RB, I nned to win now and Grant gives me more then Moreno will.Denver is a mess.

Team A Gave up Steven JacksonJay CutlerPierre Garcon2011 3rd rdTeam B GaveRashard MendenhallHakeem Nicks2011 1st rdI am team A and probobly got the short end of this deal, but I have great QB depth and wanted to trade Steve Jackson away when he still has high value (I have a bad feeling he will be a shell of himself after this next season). I still have a lot of traders remorse though.
Looks like a trade I would pull. If you have a gut-bomb about a player sometimes it is best to unload. SJax and Mendy could be equals from here on out and Nicks is a fast riser. I like that you got a 2011 1st as well. Overall I like the trade based on your feeling about SJax (probably because I share the same thoughts about him).
Thank you so much for your thoughts! I'm making my push for a title this year so it's hard trading away Jackson but I do like what I got back. I liked Garcon but with Wayne, Clark, Collie, and Gonz there I'm not that upset about losing a guy who would be such a hit or miss player from week to week. Nicks seems like a future star to me.

Thank you so much for your thoughts! I'm making my push for a title this year so it's hard trading away Jackson but I do like what I got back. I liked Garcon but with Wayne, Clark, Collie, and Gonz there I'm not that upset about losing a guy who would be such a hit or miss player from week to week. Nicks seems like a future star to me.
I like this deal okay too. I think Cutler might have a big year, but I think this is the right time to get off the S-Jax train. I think this is a pretty solid move.

12 team PPR dynasty league. Rules in the signature.

Team A gets:

Chris Johnson

Santana Moss

Chaz Schilenz

Pick 2.04

Team B gets

Matt Ryan

Darren McFadden

Hakeem Nicks

Pick 1.02

Pick 4.11

Who wins? In my opinion Team B got fleeced.

Ok... made several trades recently.... 10 Team Dynasty 2 QB, IDP, PPR

2QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, 2 TE, 2 DT, 2 DE, 4 LB, 2 S, 2 CB

Started with the following Rookie Draft Picks (finished last but traded away my 1.xx last year)

1.05, 1.08, 1.10, 2.01, 2.06, 2.07, 2.09, 3.09, 4.01, 4.05 plus a few in the 5th, 6th & 7th

Obviously, I have too many picks and needed to make some deals for talent and not just go with rookies.....

Deal #1

Gave up: 1.10, 2.06 & 3.09

Got in Return: 1.02, 5.03 and 2011 4th round pick

Took SD RB R Matthews with 1.02 (Dez went 1.01)

Deal #2

Gave up: Was WR Devin Thomas, 1.05, 2.01 & 4.05

Got in Return: Mia QB C Henne, Phil WR J Maclin, & 2011 2nd round pick

Deal #3

Gave up 4.01

Got in Return: Buff TE S Nelson

Deal #4

Gave up 2011 2nd round pick

Got in Return: 2.08

Selected SD ILB D Butler

* Houston Texans will give

Year 2010 Draft Pick 1.11

Year 2010 Draft Pick 6.02

* To Dallas Cowboys for

Tate, Brandon NEP WR

Year 2010 Draft Pick 2.01

zealots team a got: lendale, MSW, ayersfor team b got: 1.04 (spiller)
diff zealot leagueTeam A:Smith, Kevin DET RBWhite, LenDale SEA RBBurleson, Nate DET WRYear 2010 Draft Pick 2.10Team B:Year 2010 Draft Pick 1.04 (spiller)Year 2010 Draft Pick 4.04

FreeBaGeL said:
CARLOS609 said:
12 team PPR dynasty league. Rules in the signature.Team A gets:Chris JohnsonSantana MossChaz SchilenzPick 2.04Team B getsMatt RyanDarren McFaddenHakeem NicksPick 1.02Pick 4.11Who wins? In my opinion Team B got fleeced.
Your opinion is sound.
I disagree. I think Ryan, (either Bryant, Mathews, Best, or Spiller), Nicks, and McFadden is pretty good for Chris C Johnson, and if this is a PPR I think team B wins.

Instinctive said:
Owen Daniels

2011 2nd rounder

Donovan McNabb/Vince Young (was given the option)

1.02 (Dez Bryant)

12 team non-PPR
:yes: :fishing: Oh how McNabb's star has fallen....
Was told Team A turned down McNabb and 1.11 for 1.04 today. Heard the comment was--"McNabb has one foot in the grave".Team with 1.04 promptly made this deal.

A gets: QB Josh Freeman

B gets: 1.04 (spiller)

yes, straight up. josh freakin freeman

FreeBaGeL said:
CARLOS609 said:
12 team PPR dynasty league. Rules in the signature.Team A gets:Chris JohnsonSantana MossChaz SchilenzPick 2.04Team B getsMatt RyanDarren McFaddenHakeem NicksPick 1.02Pick 4.11Who wins? In my opinion Team B got fleeced.
Your opinion is sound.
I disagree. I think Ryan, (either Bryant, Mathews, Best, or Spiller), Nicks, and McFadden is pretty good for Chris C Johnson, and if this is a PPR I think team B wins.
Ryan has little value unless it's a start 2 QB league. He looks like a guy who will be at best a bottom tier QB1, which are easy to find.This is basically CJ for 1.02/Nicks, which is way, way low for the #1 overall dynasty player. Trading studs for some depth and potential is a sure-fire way to ensure you'll get lots more cracks at top picks the rest of your career.

12 team. Separate rookie and "Player" Drafts. Cap of 25 roster spots. Partial PPR. 2 flex positions.

Team A gets:

Jerious Norwood (has Turner), Fred Jackson (has Lynch, but also Rookie pick 1.1 and will take CJS), Player 1.6, Player 3.6

Team B gets:

DeAngelo Williams (will stay as keeper, also has Jonathan Stewart), Player 1.12, Player 2.1

Because we can keep up to 25 players there are not many "Player" studs. However, to set values for P1.6 through P1.12 the difference is Randy Moss versus Steve Smith (CAR). To mock this trade=

A gets:

Norwood (keeper), Jackson (non-keeper), Randy Moss (non-keeper), Marcedes Lewis (non-keeper)

B gets:

D. Williams (keeper), Steve Smith CAR (non-keeper), Dallas Clark (non-keeper)

Thoughts?

FreeBaGeL said:
CARLOS609 said:
Your opinion is sound.
Ryan has little value unless it's a start 2 QB league. He looks like a guy who will be at best a bottom tier QB1, which are easy to find.This is basically CJ for 1.02/Nicks, which is way, way low for the #1 overall dynasty player. Trading studs for some depth and potential is a sure-fire way to ensure you'll get lots more cracks at top picks the rest of your career.
Whoa, Matt Ryan has already been written off? That seems just a tad premature to me...

finito said:
FreeBaGeL said:
FreeBaGeL said:
CARLOS609 said:
Your opinion is sound.
Whoa, Matt Ryan has already been written off? That seems just a tad premature to me...
It's not that he's been written off, just that we've kind of seen what he is...a solid QB that is good at helping his team win but probably never going to be that 4500/30 top fantasy producer. 5-10 years ago Matt Ryan would have been a valuable fantasy asset but in modern times where there are 10 QBs throwing for 4000+ yards and near 30 TDs, if you have guys like Ryan in your starting lineup you're losing points to the rest of the league at that position.

14 team league, non-PPR

Gave 2011 1.xx draft pick (expected to be late)

Got 2.02 (WR Aromashodu, CHI) and 2.03 (WR Williams, TB)

14 team league, non-PPRGave 2011 1.xx draft pick (expected to be late)Got 2.02 (WR Aromashodu, CHI) and 2.03 (WR Williams, TB)
very interesting... I like these 2 wr's but should be true stud wr's in next year's draft. not sure. can you share insight as to why you made the trade?

recent trades during rookie draft... 12 team PPR std lineups

English Dawg gave up Leinart, Matt ARI QB;Harrison, Jerome CLE RB;Sims-Walker, Mike JAC WR;Olsen, Greg CHI TE

The Football Experts gave up Orton, Kyle DEN QB;Greene, Shonn NYJ RB;Boldin, Anquan BAL WR; Year 2010 Draft Pick 2.02

English Dawg gave up Colston, Marques NOS WR

The Football Experts gave up Marshall, Brandon MIA WR

F' aints!!! gave up Year 2010 Draft Pick 2.01

Bada Bing! gave up Robinson, Laurent STL WR; Year 2010 Draft Pick 2.09

Team Haterade gave up Year 2010 Draft Pick 1.04

9 Route gave up Jones, Felix DAL RB

thoughts??

Users who are viewing this thread