What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2010 Offseason Dynasty Trades (1 Viewer)

kremenull said:
12-Team PPR, Start 1 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, 1-2 TE...2nd Year DynastyTEAM A trades Jamaal CharlesKenny BrittTEAM B receivesC.J. SpillerBraylon EdwardsBrandon Tate
I think sons of plunder got you.
We shall see.....For one, I'm the one who proposed the deal, so nobody "got me". Second, I don't follow any consensus value in deals. I go for the guys I believe will perform the best to fit my team's needs, either short term or long term or both. On the surface, most of you will, and probably should, like the Charles/Britt pkg, but I see it like this.Spiller = Charles......Spiller might be even better than him. Production will be close, IMO, if not this year, in future years.Braylon is in contract year. That is big, in my eyes, as it relates to upcoming performance. With Holmes suspended to start the season and when he comes back he'll have to be integrated into the system, Braylon should already be off to a fast start. Britt is beginning to exhibit signs I don't like....reporting out of shape, questionable off-field acquaintances. Bottom line for me is that Braylon will at least equal Britt for the near term. Also, did I mention Britt has VY as his QB.The kicker or wild-card for me is Tate. Yeah, I like this guy a whole lot, probably more than others. I feel very good about my instincts, but more importantly my evaluation of players, when I make a move like this that appears risky on the surface. One creed I go by is to never be afraid to take some risk. I have enough talent on my team to take a bit of risk here that I believe helps me both short-term and in the future. So, as I always say, we shall see. Just don't start sending boo-boo deals expecting to get a similar "surface" deal from me. This is a deal I wanted to do, that's the main point here... :mellow:

kremenull said:
12-Team PPR, Start 1 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, 1-2 TE...2nd Year DynastyTEAM A trades Jamaal CharlesKenny BrittTEAM B receivesC.J. SpillerBraylon EdwardsBrandon Tate
I think sons of plunder got you.
We shall see.....For one, I'm the one who proposed the deal, so nobody "got me". Second, I don't follow any consensus value in deals. I go for the guys I believe will perform the best to fit my team's needs, either short term or long term or both. On the surface, most of you will, and probably should, like the Charles/Britt pkg, but I see it like this.Spiller = Charles......Spiller might be even better than him. Production will be close, IMO, if not this year, in future years.Braylon is in contract year. That is big, in my eyes, as it relates to upcoming performance. With Holmes suspended to start the season and when he comes back he'll have to be integrated into the system, Braylon should already be off to a fast start. Britt is beginning to exhibit signs I don't like....reporting out of shape, questionable off-field acquaintances. Bottom line for me is that Braylon will at least equal Britt for the near term. Also, did I mention Britt has VY as his QB.The kicker or wild-card for me is Tate. Yeah, I like this guy a whole lot, probably more than others. I feel very good about my instincts, but more importantly my evaluation of players, when I make a move like this that appears risky on the surface. One creed I go by is to never be afraid to take some risk. I have enough talent on my team to take a bit of risk here that I believe helps me both short-term and in the future. So, as I always say, we shall see. Just don't start sending boo-boo deals expecting to get a similar "surface" deal from me. This is a deal I wanted to do, that's the main point here... :goodposting:
I think you got the better end without a doubt. I'm not sold on Charles and think Spiller is a much better talent. Britt doesn't do a lot for me in the Titans offense and Edwards at least has the potential of going somewhere next year where he can rebound. Tate is a wild card and there are worse ones to have than a guy in the Pats offense.

Non ppr, 12 team, 2-3rb, 2-4wr, idp

Trade 1:

I give Knowshown - I get Beanie

Trade 2

I give Slaton, Olsen - I get DJ Williams, Gresham (Have at this point Wells, Greene, Mathews, Benson and no top LBs)

Trade 3

I give 1.11 - I get 1st/3rd in 2011

I just offered Bowe and a 2011 2nd round pick (projected late) for McFadden and a 2011 1st round pick (projected middle).

I am possibly selling Bowe short. I dont feel great about McFadden, but I would like to get as many 2011 1st round picks as possible based upon the feedback around here that 2011 is a great draft. I am stacked at WR.

Doesnt matter much...it will probably get shot down anyway. My league hates Dwayne Bowe.

I just offered Bowe and a 2011 2nd round pick (projected late) for McFadden and a 2011 1st round pick (projected middle).I am possibly selling Bowe short. I dont feel great about McFadden, but I would like to get as many 2011 1st round picks as possible based upon the feedback around here that 2011 is a great draft. I am stacked at WR.Doesnt matter much...it will probably get shot down anyway. My league hates Dwayne Bowe.
12 team PPR - I traded Bowe for a 2011 first rounder and Colt McCoy and was able to turn around and trade McCoy to a Browns homer in my league for his 1st rounder for 2011. I am iffy on Bowe's prospects to build upon his best season, and with other WR's on the team that look solid/promising, was willing to take the risk and pull the trigger.

I just offered Bowe and a 2011 2nd round pick (projected late) for McFadden and a 2011 1st round pick (projected middle).I am possibly selling Bowe short. I dont feel great about McFadden, but I would like to get as many 2011 1st round picks as possible based upon the feedback around here that 2011 is a great draft. I am stacked at WR.Doesnt matter much...it will probably get shot down anyway. My league hates Dwayne Bowe.
12 team PPR - I traded Bowe for a 2011 first rounder and Colt McCoy and was able to turn around and trade McCoy to a Browns homer in my league for his 1st rounder for 2011. I am iffy on Bowe's prospects to build upon his best season, and with other WR's on the team that look solid/promising, was willing to take the risk and pull the trigger.
Assuming you don't know where the first rounders will be, I think you sold low on Bowe and sold way high on McCoy.I think you should have gotten more for Bowe but at the end of the day, Bowe for two 2011 first rounders is probably good value, of course depending on where the 2011 first rounders end up.

10 Team Dynasty, Non-PPR Standard Scoring

Team A Gives Up -

D. McFadden

L. White

Steve Smith (Panthers)

Josh Morgan

Team B Gives Up -

1.01 Draft Pick

10 Team Dynasty, Non-PPR Standard ScoringTeam A Gives Up - D. McFaddenL. WhiteSteve Smith (Panthers)Josh MorganTeam B Gives Up -1.01 Draft Pick
looks like someone dumped their depth/bench for 1.1
I disagree, I think that's a good haul for the #1 pick. If Steve Smith were available in the draft he'd be a worthy #1 pick and certainly no later than 4th. I think McFadden is still worth a 1st rounder. I'd prefer him to guys like Hardesty and perhaps Tate. Likewise, I can see prefering Smith to Dez Bryant.

10 Team Dynasty, Non-PPR Standard ScoringTeam A Gives Up - D. McFaddenL. WhiteSteve Smith (Panthers)Josh MorganTeam B Gives Up -1.01 Draft Pick
I disagree, I think that's a good haul for the #1 pick. If Steve Smith were available in the draft he'd be a worthy #1 pick and certainly no later than 4th. I think McFadden is still worth a 1st rounder. I'd prefer him to guys like Hardesty and perhaps Tate. Likewise, I can see prefering Smith to Dez Bryant.
I agree it's a pretty decent deal, but in non-PPR I'd rather keep the 1.01 and take Mathews. I still like McFadden's potential to become something but in non-PPR he's going to have less value. Steve Smith is still a good PPR guy but he has too much inconsistency for non-PPR and I can't see him breaking 10 TD's again in that offense.

I agree it's a pretty decent deal, but in non-PPR I'd rather keep the 1.01 and take Mathews. I still like McFadden's potential to become something but in non-PPR he's going to have less value. Steve Smith is still a good PPR guy but he has too much inconsistency for non-PPR and I can't see him breaking 10 TD's again in that offense.
Sure, but the guy bagging on the deal is saying Steve Smith is a bench/depth guy, which is utterly ridiculous in any format unless it's a 2 team league. I mean really. Depending on my team needs I could go either way on the deal, though it would help if I had Bush to pair McFadden with.

14 team salary cap dynasty league. There is a 400 dollar cap.

I gave up : Sidney Rice at $50 and Vernon Davis at $10

I get: Ray Rice at $80 and Dustin Keller at $10

12 teams, .5 ppr for WR/TE only

Team A gives S.Greene, M.Colston, Devin Thomas

Team B gives C.Wells, Dez Bryant, 2011 2nd round pick (mid pick)

Team B then trades Colston, D.Brown and a 2011 1st round pick (7-10ish)

for

J.Best and Sid Rice

12 teams, .5 ppr for WR/TE onlyTeam A gives S.Greene, M.Colston, Devin ThomasTeam B gives C.Wells, Dez Bryant, 2011 2nd round pick (mid pick)Team B then trades Colston, D.Brown and a 2011 1st round pick (7-10ish)for J.Best and Sid Rice
ETA: Misread the deals at firstI like team A in the first deal, but I think B turned it around in the second deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
I traded Ben Tate for a first rounder in 2011what do you guys think? good or bad idea?
Not bad if the pick is going to be top 5 and you need a WR and it's a PPR league. 2011 will be a banner year for WRs (Green, Floyd, Jones, Baldwin, and a few others). There will also be a few RBs in 2011 that should be pretty good. Guys like Mark Ingram and Ryan Williams. I got a 2011 and 2012 1st for Tate.

I traded Ben Tate for a first rounder in 2011what do you guys think? good or bad idea?
basically trading a 1st this year for a 1st next year? i would've held out for more.
Depends on where that pick will likely fall. I know its impossible to predict, but you can usually get a decent range of picks. That being said I think next years draft will be way better than this years, so unless that is a late 1st rounder, I like the deal for you.

I traded Ben Tate for a first rounder in 2011

what do you guys think? good or bad idea?
Not bad if the pick is going to be top 5 and you need a WR and it's a PPR league. 2011 will be a banner year for WRs (Green, Floyd, Jones, Baldwin, and a few others). There will also be a few RBs in 2011 that should be pretty good. Guys like Mark Ingram and Ryan Williams. I got a 2011 and 2012 1st for Tate.
thats one of the reasons I made the trade. The other being that I didnt like Ben Tate, Golden Tate, Hardesty nor McCluster.

Made 3 trades this week:

1. Sent Steven Jackson, 1.10, Mario Manningham for Ray Rice and 1.1

2. Sent Boldin for 1.4

3. Sent 2.2, Lee Evans and Darren Sproles for 1.3

So now I have 1.1, 1.3, 1.4

RB's - Rice, D. Williams, J. Stewart, Mendenhall, Moreno, Lynch, F. Jackson,

WR's - AJ, Fitzgerald, Jennings, Harvin, E. Royal, Devin Thomas, D. Avery.

Stand pat with my picks or see If I can deal one or two picks for Crabtree, Chris Johnson, Calvin Johnson type young guys.

Made 3 trades this week:

2. Sent Boldin for 1.4

Stand pat with my picks or see If I can deal one or two picks for Crabtree, Chris Johnson, Calvin Johnson type young guys.
Do you play in leagues with your sister and her friends?

Made 3 trades this week:

2. Sent Boldin for 1.4

Has to be that, or some yahoo public league.

Made 3 trades this week:

2. Sent Boldin for 1.4

I was about to say all three of those are cupcake deals and pull the proverbial, "Can I get in your league?" Decided not to though.

Made 3 trades this week:

2. Sent Boldin for 1.4

I was about to say all three of those are cupcake deals and pull the proverbial, "Can I get in your league?" Decided not to though.
Nope 12 team league, guys like to trade. Just posting deals in here that were made. Three different teams. Some teams were huring for starters so they needed bodies. Sproles was actually 12th RB in our scoring last year (Return yards)

The first deal is an absolute joke. Even if SJax = Rice, that still leaves the 1.10 and Mario for the 1.01. That one is bad enough to look like collusion.

Made 3 trades this week:

2. Sent Boldin for 1.4

Nope 12 team league, guys like to trade. Just posting deals in here that were made. Three different teams. Some teams were huring for starters so they needed bodies. Sproles was actually 12th RB in our scoring last year (Return yards)
Only guppy leagues trade like that. Maybe it's time to step up to some real competition? Perhaps join some $$$ leagues made up of FBGs?

This offer was just rejected. So was Bowe/Harrison for Knowshon/Floyd. So was Bowe for Benson. So was Bowe for McCoy. None of these even got a counter involving Bowe.Bowe's value has taken a nosedive in my league.

Made 3 trades this week:

2. Sent Boldin for 1.4

Believe me. You don't want to be in that league. Guy is the commish and, lets just say, may have more than one team.

Made 3 trades this week:1. Sent Steven Jackson, 1.10, Mario Manningham for Ray Rice and 1.1 2. Sent Boldin for 1.43. Sent 2.2, Lee Evans and Darren Sproles for 1.3So now I have 1.1, 1.3, 1.4RB's - Rice, D. Williams, J. Stewart, Mendenhall, Moreno, Lynch, F. Jackson, WR's - AJ, Fitzgerald, Jennings, Harvin, E. Royal, Devin Thomas, D. Avery. Stand pat with my picks or see If I can deal one or two picks for Crabtree, Chris Johnson, Calvin Johnson type young guys.
WOW! I didn't know a guy could own multiple teams in one league. These deals are so lopsided, you had to be trading with youurself, right??......Outright Grand Theft! I would not particpiate in a league with owners this inept.

Jello_Biafra said:
Made 3 trades this week:

2. Sent Boldin for 1.4

Believe me. You don't want to be in that league. Guy is the commish and, lets just say, may have more than one team.
If you've got something to say - say it plain and clear and then move on and drop it. Don't do the "let's just say" insinuations.

Get it out and then drop it.

J

This trade went down this past weekend and I have no idea what to make of it.

Team A traded Matt Schaub and Steve Smith(NYG)

Team B traded Ben Roethlisberger and Sidney Rice

All of these guys will start for their new teams.

The guy getting Roethlisberger does have some QB depth(Alex Smith, Leinart and Henne) so he can probably survive the 4 games it looks like the suspension will be, but it seems risky. Of course Roethlisberger was a top-3 guy per game last year, but that was with Holmes and when football was the only focus.

What's the consensus think of this deal? At the least it seems closer than many of the other more recent deals in this thread.

This trade went down this past weekend and I have no idea what to make of it.Team A traded Matt Schaub and Steve Smith(NYG)Team B traded Ben Roethlisberger and Sidney RiceAll of these guys will start for their new teams.The guy getting Roethlisberger does have some QB depth(Alex Smith, Leinart and Henne) so he can probably survive the 4 games it looks like the suspension will be, but it seems risky. Of course Roethlisberger was a top-3 guy per game last year, but that was with Holmes and when football was the only focus.What's the consensus think of this deal? At the least it seems closer than many of the other more recent deals in this thread.
If it is PPR, I really like team B's side of the deal. If its not, I probably still side with B but its very close.

can you believe this....

Team A gets 2010 4.12 and 5.1 picks

Team B gets 2011 1st round pick AND 2010 8.5 pick

im jealous lol

Jello_Biafra said:
Made 3 trades this week:

2. Sent Boldin for 1.4

If you've got something to say - say it plain and clear and then move on and drop it. Don't do the "let's just say" insinuations.

J
Insinuation? :goodposting:

Jello_Biafra said:
Made 3 trades this week:

2. Sent Boldin for 1.4

J
Sorry, didn't mean to insinuate. Guy had about 4 teams in the league. Plus his brother, which brings the total to 5. But I'll drop it now.

This trade went down this past weekend and I have no idea what to make of it.Team A traded Matt Schaub and Steve Smith(NYG)Team B traded Ben Roethlisberger and Sidney RiceAll of these guys will start for their new teams.The guy getting Roethlisberger does have some QB depth(Alex Smith, Leinart and Henne) so he can probably survive the 4 games it looks like the suspension will be, but it seems risky. Of course Roethlisberger was a top-3 guy per game last year, but that was with Holmes and when football was the only focus.What's the consensus think of this deal? At the least it seems closer than many of the other more recent deals in this thread.
If it is PPR, I really like team B's side of the deal. If its not, I probably still side with B but its very close.
Seems pretty even to me -- I'll take the side betting Ben/Rice but I could see the other way.

10 Team Dynasty, Non-IDP, Non-PPR, Standard Scoring

Team A gives up - DeAngelo Williams and a 5.10 pick (we have a 5 round rookie/free agent draft, so this is the last pick of the draft)

Team B gives up - Brandon Jacobs, Sydney Rice and a 2011 1st Round Pick

This trade gives Team B (4) 1st picks in 2011, he is real high on next year's draft class.

10 Team Dynasty, Non-IDP, Non-PPR, Standard ScoringTeam A gives up - DeAngelo Williams and a 5.10 pick (we have a 5 round rookie/free agent draft, so this is the last pick of the draft)Team B gives up - Brandon Jacobs, Sydney Rice and a 2011 1st Round PickThis trade gives Team B (4) 1st picks in 2011, he is real high on next year's draft class.
Seems to me like Team B is overpaying, considering Deangelo is no spring chicken.

TEAM A TRADED : VINCENT JACKSON

TEAM B TRADED: DWAYNE BOWE/BRAYLON EDWARDS/BRENT CELEK

I like Vjax, but this seems like a good package to get in return for him

TEAM A TRADED : VINCENT JACKSON TEAM B TRADED: DWAYNE BOWE/BRAYLON EDWARDS/BRENT CELEKI like Vjax, but this seems like a good package to get in return for him
A great package, indeed. Bowe, Celek would have been enough for me. Not that I value Braylon a ton, but he isn't a throw in.

Users who are viewing this thread