What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2010 Offseason Dynasty Trades (1 Viewer)

Team A (Commisioner's team) gives:RB W Parker WasWR S Smith NYGTE J Cook TenTeam B (new owner) gives2010 draft pick 1.01
I got taken by someone in my first year as well. You'd think somebody would have looked out for Team B here, guess not.
I've seen much worse. Smith is a top 15-20 WR (assuming PPR), and Cook is one of the highest upside TE's in the league. I wouldn't have made the deal, but its better than a lot of deals in this thread.

The guy who finshed 3rd in my league(1st in points) made the following 2 trades:

he gave: Jonathan Stewart and Steve Smith(nyg)

he got: Pierre Thomas and Reggie Wayne

followed by:

he gave Ryan Grant and LeSean McCoy

he got Jermichael Finley and the 1.1(likely Mathews)

Good deals? Bad deals? One of each?

That team now has

QB Brees, Young

RB Rice, P.Thomas, Moreno

WR Wayne, White, V-Jax

TE Finley, Gonzalez

and now the 1.1 pick

The guy who finshed 3rd in my league(1st in points) made the following 2 trades:

he gave: Jonathan Stewart and Steve Smith(nyg)

he got: Pierre Thomas and Reggie Wayne

followed by:

he gave Ryan Grant and LeSean McCoy

he got Jermichael Finley and the 1.1(likely Mathews)

Good deals? Bad deals? One of each?

That team now has

QB Brees, Young

RB Rice, P.Thomas, Moreno

WR Wayne, White, V-Jax

TE Finley, Gonzalez

and now the 1.1 pick
First deal is awful

Second deal I love

14 team league, non-PPRGave 2011 1.xx draft pick (expected to be late)Got 2.02 (WR Aromashodu, CHI) and 2.03 (WR Williams, TB)
very interesting... I like these 2 wr's but should be true stud wr's in next year's draft. not sure. can you share insight as to why you made the trade?
Plenty of reasons:1. My squad was the top scoring team in the league in both 2008 and 2009, so I expect to be at least a semi-finalist in 2010. That's pick 1.11 thru 1.14, very late first round. 2. Non-PPR makes WRs a little devalued. Neither of these draft picks have to start for me. I can afford to gamble a little.3. I got 2.02 (#16 over-all) and 2.03 (#17 over-all) for what could be something like the #12 over-all next year. Fair value to move back and get 2 WRs I like right now. The perceived studs go early, not many last to 1.11 or later.4. I looked at the last 4 or 5 drafts in the league and saw that picks 1.11 through 2.03 were mostly interchangeable depending on who was selected. Not a lot of difference in talent as the picks were beyond the drop off point in most drafts. Now I got 2 selections to gamble on instead of 1. Only need 1 to do above average to justify the cost.5. I liked what I saw of Aromashodu (2.02). Guy doesn't really quit on plays. Cutler likes him and he fits the Bruce mold for a Martz offense. He started the final 4 weeks last year and was a stud for 3 of them. Fair chance to do as well as a lot of rookies. He's doing it on the NFL field already instead of just being a "potential" pick. He's still young and looks to be a "hands catcher." 6. Wanted WR Williams (2.03) as well. He looks the part of being TB's top WR. Outplayed his roommate Benn in rookie camp. He has the "my ball" mentality that I like to have on my squad (Fitz, Bowe, Nicks). Felt he was a top 3 or 4 rookie WR prospect that just dropped due to non-playing issues. 7. Didn't have a 1st round pick this year and neither of these guys were going to last to my late second round selection. Some years I trade away my picks, other years I actually use them. I've done well drafting when I keep them. The league has been around for a dozen years with very little turnover, we know each others playing/drafting styles quite well.

recent trades during rookie draft... 12 team PPR std lineupsEnglish Dawg gave up Leinart, Matt ARI QB;Harrison, Jerome CLE RB;Sims-Walker, Mike JAC WR;Olsen, Greg CHI TEThe Football Experts gave up Orton, Kyle DEN QB;Greene, Shonn NYJ RB;Boldin, Anquan BAL WR; Year 2010 Draft Pick 2.02English Dawg gave up Colston, Marques NOS WRThe Football Experts gave up Marshall, Brandon MIA WRF' aints!!! gave up Year 2010 Draft Pick 2.01Bada Bing! gave up Robinson, Laurent STL WR; Year 2010 Draft Pick 2.09Team Haterade gave up Year 2010 Draft Pick 1.049 Route gave up Jones, Felix DAL RBthoughts??
football expert is no expert. dude got schooled.

14 team IDP nonPPR dynasty salary cap(100m), contract league. My team is in full rebuild.

Trade 1:

Gave LeSean McCoy(1.3m, 2 years left on contract) and Joe Flacco(300k, 1 year left on contract)

for Two 1st round and Two 3rd round picks

Trade 2:

Gave Sidney Rice(100k, 1 year left on contract) and Chaz Sciliens(200K, 1 year left on contract) 6th and 7th round picks

for 1st round, 2nd round, 5th round picks, and assuming the cap hit(950K, 1 year left on contract) of Mark Clayton.

Trade 3:

Gave Chad Ochocinco(6.3m, 1 year left on contract), and 1st round pick

for Donald Brown(1.9m, 2 years left on contract), Johnny Knox(100k, 2 years left on contract), Mohamed Massaquoi(500k, 2 years left on contract), Two 3rd round picks.

Trade 4:

Gave Yeremiah Bell(3.2m, 1 year left) and Cortland Finnegan(3.5m, 1 year left)

for 2nd round and 4th round pick.

12 team dynasty PPR

Team A gave up Charles, Jamaal KCC RB;Thomas, Pierre NOS RB;Britt, Kenny TEN WR; Year 2010 Draft Pick 1.11;Year 2010 Draft Pick 2.08

Team B gave up Boldin, Anquan BAL WR;Smith, Steve CAR WR; Year 2010 Draft Pick 1.03

Last edited by a moderator:
12 team dynasty PPR

Team A gave: G Jennings, A Gates, rookie/FA pick 3.09

Team B gave: M Bush, Laurent Robinson, J Carlson, rookie/FA pick 1.05, 1.07

San Francisco 49ers proposed a trade with Houston Texans:

San Francisco 49ers will give

Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB

Year 2011 Round 4 Draft Pick from San Francisco 49ers

To Houston Texans for

Kolb, Kevin PHI QB

2010 Draft Pick 1.12

2010 Draft Pick 3.12

2011 Round 2 Draft Pick from Houston Texans

2011 Round 3 Draft Pick from Houston Texans

Zealots League I'm in

ETA: 2010 pick is 3.12, not 3.1

Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB

To Houston Texans for

Kolb, Kevin PHI QB

2010 Draft Pick 1.12

2010 Draft Pick 3.12

Zealots League I'm in

aren't Zealots leagues 6pts all TD? well, whatever. I'll take the Texans.

12 team, ppr

Team A gave: Mewelde Moore, Dallas Clark

(needed help badly at RB, no draft picks til 2.04)

Team B gave: LeSean McCoy, Shiancoe

(already has Mendy, Moreno, JStew, and just drafted Hardesty; needed a better TE)

Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB

To Houston Texans for

Kolb, Kevin PHI QB

2010 Draft Pick 1.12

2010 Draft Pick 3.12

Zealots League I'm in

Way too cheap for Aaron Rodgers

Team A gets: Drew Brees, Pierre Thomas, Robert Meachem

Team B gets: Kevin Kolb, Marion Barber, Desean Jackson

ppr

Dynasty league: 12 teams ppr Start 1 qb 2 rb 2wr 1 te 1 k 1d/St Team a traded Dwayne Bowe to team b for team b's 2011 1st round pick and Colt McCoy

Two trades by one team (Team A) in a league to move from 2.01 to 1.03.

Team A received 1.07 + 3.07

Team B received 2.01 + Royal

then

Team A received 1.03

Team C received 1.07 + Garcon

Edited to add: 12 team, ppr dynasty, start 1 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, 1 TE, K, D

Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB

To Houston Texans for

Kolb, Kevin PHI QB

2010 Draft Pick 1.12

2010 Draft Pick 3.12

Zealots League I'm in

I believe so. He took Clausen with pick 1.12.I think it made the Texans the favorite...here's there starting lineup for them: Rodgers, CJ4.24, Ray Rice, JCharles, Roddy and Colston, JFinley and ODaniels...........................................

Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB

To Houston Texans for

Kolb, Kevin PHI QB

2010 Draft Pick 1.12

2010 Draft Pick 3.12

Zealots League I'm in

I believe so. He took Clausen with pick 1.12.I think it made the Texans the favorite...here's there starting lineup for them: Rodgers, CJ4.24, Ray Rice, JCharles, Roddy and Colston, JFinley and ODaniels...........................................
I really don't see the point in this trade for the 49ers, especially with them taking Clausen.So they're basically taking a huge downgrade at the QB position for an upgrade nowhere else. The late draft picks are worth essentially nothing, so what is the point in trading away a stud QB for a couple other QBs that are worse?

Team A gets 1.01, 1.04, 2.01, and Greg Olsen

Team B gets Gore, Garcon and Vernon Davis.

14-team PPR

Team A gave: Antonio Gates, 3.08Team B gave: 1.09
If the best you could get for Gates is 1.09 you have to hold. What are you going to do with the 1.09? Take Gresham? So, you would replace arguable the TE1 or TE2 in the whole game for a rookie, promising as he is, who plays for CIN? The developmental time for rookie TEs tends to be long and the strikeout rate is at least 50%. I think this is horrible. If I were going to move Gates I would at least want to get into the top five picks this year.

12 Team PPRBoldin3.06for Mike ThomasL Washington2011 #1 (late)
Wow. I think Boldin may under perform but I think that's terrible value for him.
The 2011 #1 makes it worth it to me. 2011 is a long way away and so who knows that it won't be a higher pick? Boldin is switching teams to a team that passes alot less, has injury issues, and is approaching that age where WRs start to tail off. To get a good young WR in Mike Thomas and a future first rounder is fair. If it turns out to be the 1.12, yeah, it's a bad deal. But if it turns out to be the 1.5, it is a great deal. If it turns out to be a top three pick, it's a blockbuster deal.

12 Team PPRBoldin3.06for Mike ThomasL Washington2011 #1 (late)
Wow. I think Boldin may under perform but I think that's terrible value for him.
The 2011 #1 makes it worth it to me. 2011 is a long way away and so who knows that it won't be a higher pick? Boldin is switching teams to a team that passes alot less, has injury issues, and is approaching that age where WRs start to tail off. To get a good young WR in Mike Thomas and a future first rounder is fair. If it turns out to be the 1.12, yeah, it's a bad deal. But if it turns out to be the 1.5, it is a great deal. If it turns out to be a top three pick, it's a blockbuster deal.
Only focusing on the negatives in regards to Boldin and only referring to a WR with no history of NFL success as a "good young WR" seems to be a rather disingenuous argument.

Took over a bad team this offseason and made a lot of moves to shake up the roster. Focused on loading up on 2011 draft picks. Here are the deals I made for those picks...

Trade 1

Dealt Kevin Kolb, Bernard Scott

Got 2011 1st (estimate 1.02-1.05), 2011 2nd (same)

Trade 2

Dealt Brent Celek

Got 2011 1st (estimate 1.03-1.08), 2011 2nd (same)

Trade 3

Dealt 2010 1.05, 2.01, 2.02

Got 1.08, Chaz Schilens, 2011 1st (estimate 1.03-1.08)

Trade 4

Dealt 1.08, Jerrico Cotchery, 2011 2nd (likely mid), 2011 3rd (high)

Got 2011 1st (estimate 1.03-1.08)

So now I have my own 2011 1st (almost guarenteed to the the 1.01) and those 4 picks 1sts, as well as 2 high second rounders. I may make all those picks or likely would move some for established players around draft time next year. Thoughts?

Took over a bad team this offseason and made a lot of moves to shake up the roster. Focused on loading up on 2011 draft picks. Here are the deals I made for those picks...Trade 1Dealt Kevin Kolb, Bernard ScottGot 2011 1st (estimate 1.02-1.05), 2011 2nd (same)Trade 2Dealt Brent CelekGot 2011 1st (estimate 1.03-1.08), 2011 2nd (same)Trade 3 Dealt 2010 1.05, 2.01, 2.02Got 1.08, Chaz Schilens, 2011 1st (estimate 1.03-1.08)Trade 4Dealt 1.08, Jerrico Cotchery, 2011 2nd (likely mid), 2011 3rd (high)Got 2011 1st (estimate 1.03-1.08)So now I have my own 2011 1st (almost guarenteed to the the 1.01) and those 4 picks 1sts, as well as 2 high second rounders. I may make all those picks or likely would move some for established players around draft time next year. Thoughts?
I like these moves a lot. You should get a number of blue-chip players in next season's draft, and may be able to move a couple of picks for real quality, as you said.Well done.

10 Team, 2QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, 2 TE start, PPR, IDP

Gave up Eddie Royal

Got in return: Pettigrew & 2011 rookie 4th round pick

I was shopping Royal for a TE upgrade (M Bennett, D Thomas, S Nelson)

I had other offers (Shaincoe & Boss), but I like Pettigrew's potential long term.

I hope you LOVE the players you got, cause I HATE your side of the deal.

PPR DynastyGave Beanie/CrabtreeGotBest/Djax
Hmmm. I am a huge Best supporter but I would probably take Beanie over him. Not that big of a gap though. Crabtree over DJax is a pretty big gap though to me.
I like the trade a lot. I like Beanie by a very small margin over Best, but I think D-Jax over Crabtree isn't even close.

12 Team PPR

Boldin

for

Mike Thomas

L Washington

2011 #1 (late)
:lmao: It is next year.

12-Team PPR, Start 1 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, 1-2 TE...2nd Year Dynasty

TEAM A trades

Jamaal Charles

Kenny Britt

TEAM B receives

C.J. Spiller

Braylon Edwards

Brandon Tate

The Real Hipster Doofus said:
kremenull said:
12-Team PPR, Start 1 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, 1-2 TE...2nd Year DynastyTEAM A trades Jamaal CharlesKenny BrittTEAM B receivesC.J. SpillerBraylon EdwardsBrandon Tate
So team B got all of these players??I will take the Charles/Britt side
Pretty close though. Seems like a good deal to me for both sides, though I'm a Spiller (and Best) believer.

Users who are viewing this thread