What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2011 offseason dynasty trades (1 Viewer)

Approx what is Mark Sanchez's value in non ppr 6 pt pass td dynasty leagues?
Somewhere in the QB15-20 range probably. How that compares to other positions will depend on your league's lineup requirements and owner preference. You might have a look back at your initial start up draft or similar startup drafts online to see where QBs are being taken and what RBxx and WRxx are being drafted at that time.

* Team A gave up Wallace, Mike PIT WR; Cook, Jared TEN TE; LaFell, Brandon CAR WR

* Team B gave up Jackson, DeSean PHI WR; Kolb, Kevin PHI QB; Year 2011 Draft Pick 1.11 (Shane Vereen)

12 team, full PPR, start 1 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, 1-2 TE.

* Team A gave up Wallace, Mike PIT WR; Cook, Jared TEN TE; LaFell, Brandon CAR WR* Team B gave up Jackson, DeSean PHI WR; Kolb, Kevin PHI QB; Year 2011 Draft Pick 1.11 (Shane Vereen)12 team, full PPR, start 1 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, 1-2 TE.
This totally depends on the situation of the teams. I personally like Vereen over LaFell

PPR league

team A gave up 2011 Draft Pick 1.01;Year 2011 Draft Pick 1.04

team B gave up Williams, DeAngelo CAR RB;Bryant, Dez DAL WR; Year 2011 Draft Pick 2.04

* Team A gave up Wallace, Mike PIT WR; Cook, Jared TEN TE; LaFell, Brandon CAR WR* Team B gave up Jackson, DeSean PHI WR; Kolb, Kevin PHI QB; Year 2011 Draft Pick 1.11 (Shane Vereen)12 team, full PPR, start 1 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, 1-2 TE.
Jackson > WallaceKolb > CookVereen >> LafellTeam A >>>>

Gave up bradshaw

Got 2012 1rst 2013 1rst Ed Dickson ( mid late 2012 no idea 2013 )

Gave D Mcfad ( 1 year left )

Got Maclin ( 2 years option ) salary releatively the same.

Jackson > WallaceKolb > CookVereen >> LafellTeam A >>>>
Wallace > JacksonCook > KolbVeree >> Lafell

Traded Away

Jones-Drew, Maurice JAC RB

Year 2013 Round 1 Draft Pick

Acquired

McClain, Le'Ron BAL RB

Rice, Ray BAL RB

Team traded away

Avery, Donnie STL WR

Year 2011 Draft Pick 2.04

Year 2011 Draft Pick 2.07

Year 2012 Round 3 Draft Pick from South Carolina

Year 2013 Round 1 Draft Pick from South Carolina

Acquired

Collie, Austin IND WR

Year 2011 Draft Pick 7.03

Year 2011 Draft Pick 7.09

Boise gave up:

Choice, Tashard DAL RB

Jones, Felix DAL RB

Williams, Ricky MIA RB

Year 2012 Round 2 Draft Pick from Newfoundland

Orlando gave up:

Maclin, Jeremy PHI WR

:eek:

'Dez said:
Team traded awayAvery, Donnie STL WRYear 2011 Draft Pick 2.04Year 2011 Draft Pick 2.07Year 2012 Round 3 Draft Pick from South CarolinaYear 2013 Round 1 Draft Pick from South CarolinaAcquiredCollie, Austin IND WRYear 2011 Draft Pick 7.03Year 2011 Draft Pick 7.09
Am I the only one that finds this deal mildly interesting...? Both WRs being injury risks, I just think that the team acquiring Avery got itself quite a nice haul for Collie especially given this year's 2nd rd rookie depth...

'Dez said:
Team traded awayAvery, Donnie STL WRYear 2011 Draft Pick 2.04Year 2011 Draft Pick 2.07Year 2012 Round 3 Draft Pick from South CarolinaYear 2013 Round 1 Draft Pick from South CarolinaAcquiredCollie, Austin IND WRYear 2011 Draft Pick 7.03Year 2011 Draft Pick 7.09
Am I the only one that finds this deal mildly interesting...? Both WRs being injury risks, I just think that the team acquiring Avery got itself quite a nice haul for Collie especially given this year's 2nd rd rookie depth...
Mildly interesting is one way of putting it.

12-team non-PPR Zealots

Team A: 1.08 (Little), Freeman

Team B: 1.03 (Leshoure), Wallace, Henne

Team A's top QBs were Palmer/VYoung/Henne, WRs include Marshall/Garcon/Stevie J/JNelson/Simpson/BMW. Team A overpaid based strictly on talent, but situationally the deal makes sense for a long-term franchise QB...

12-team non-PPR ZealotsTeam A: 1.08 (Little), FreemanTeam B: 1.03 (Leshoure), Wallace, HenneTeam A's top QBs were Palmer/VYoung/Henne, WRs include Marshall/Garcon/Stevie J/JNelson/Simpson/BMW. Team A overpaid based strictly on talent, but situationally the deal makes sense for a long-term franchise QB...
Terrible deal for team A plus why was LeShoure the 1.3 pick ? That seems terrible as well.

12-team non-PPR ZealotsTeam A: 1.08 (Little), FreemanTeam B: 1.03 (Leshoure), Wallace, HenneTeam A's top QBs were Palmer/VYoung/Henne, WRs include Marshall/Garcon/Stevie J/JNelson/Simpson/BMW. Team A overpaid based strictly on talent, but situationally the deal makes sense for a long-term franchise QB...
Terrible deal for team A plus why was LeShoure the 1.3 pick ? That seems terrible as well.
I would pick Leshoure over Julio Jones in a non PPR league....

Z52? I saw that trade, my brother is the Bills in that league. I think you gave up way too much. Which surprised me because i play with you in Z5 and you seem to know your stuff. Maybe you know something i dont about Freeman, but i think that trade will come back to haunt you.

I will take decent/good RB's over the top WR's in Zealots(non-ppr) rookie drafs. I have plenty of times, but no way i take Leshoure(or any non-Ingram RB) over Jones. Not to say im right, but i have been burned in the past by reaching for RB's. Kevin Jones over Fitz, Lynch over Calvin, maybe Best over Bryant(but i would still do this). i did take Mccoy over Crabtree, but i also took Donald Brown over Crabtree(actually, that might still work out for me too),

12 team PPR, QRWT + 3 flex.

Fighting Couch Potatoes 4 gave up:

Graham, Jimmy NOS TE

XXXXXXXXX gave up:

Collie, Austin IND WR

This might be scrutinized by many Graham fans (I'm high on him too), especially with Collie's rankings all over the map due to the concussions. I think it's worth the risk though.

In PPR Collie should be near the top of the WR rankings for the next several years until Manning eventually falls apart. Collie was 58-649-8 in essentially 8 games last year after a 60-676-7 rookie season. With Wayne nearly 33 and Clark 32 as the season begins, barring future concussions I see Collie's production as secure as can be for the foreseeable future.

Graham clearly has upside and I've argued on his behalf as a top 10, possible top 5 TE, and if Colston's career is shortened by the knees I see Graham as a primary beneficiary. He still has to prove it of course, and his 31-356-5 on 44 targets in 10 games as a rookie was promising though not yet conclusive of studliness. He carries risk of not being more than a 50-60 catch TE just as Collie carries risk of getting knocked out again and having a shortened career. If Graham has a 50-600-4 year in 2011 much of his hype and high trade value will dissipate. I decided to move him while the perceived value was high.

Also involved in my decision is the thought that I'm a contender in 2011 and Graham is sitting behind Dallas Clark on my bench, while Collie goes right into my lineup and produces PPR starter points for me right away. I'm aging at WR with S Moss and S Smith CAR (both 32 year old FAs) and this adds an infusion of youth and certainty at starting WR.

Last edited by a moderator:
12 team PPR, QRWT + 3 flex.Fighting Couch Potatoes 4 gave up:Graham, Jimmy NOS TEXXXXXXXXX gave up:Collie, Austin IND WRThis might be scrutinized by many Graham fans (I'm high on him too), especially with Collie's rankings all over the map due to the concussions. I think it's worth the risk though. In PPR Collie should be near the top of the WR rankings for the next several years until Manning eventually falls apart. Collie was 58-649-8 in essentially 8 games last year after a 60-676-7 rookie season. With Wayne nearly 33 and Clark 32 as the season begins, barring future concussions I see Collie's production as secure as can be for the foreseeable future. Graham clearly has upside and I've argued on his behalf as a top 10, possible top 5 TE, and if Colston's career is shortened by the knees I see Graham as a primary beneficiary. He still has to prove it of course, and his 31-356-5 on 44 targets in 10 games as a rookie was promising though not yet conclusive of studliness. He carries risk of not being more than a 50-60 catch TE just as Collie carries risk of getting knocked out again and having a shortened career. If Graham has a 50-600-4 year in 2011 much of his hype and high trade value will dissipate. I decided to move him while the perceived value was high.Also involved in my decision is the thought that I'm a contender in 2011 and Graham is sitting behind Dallas Clark on my bench, while Collie goes right into my lineup and produces PPR starter points for me right away. I'm aging at WR with S Moss and S Smith CAR (both 32 year old FAs) and this adds an infusion of youth and certainty at starting WR.
It says +3 flex so Graham could be a starter with Clark he doesn't have to sit behind him.I would rather have Graham the risk of injury for Collie too high for me.

I will take decent/good RB's over the top WR's in Zealots(non-ppr) rookie drafs. I have plenty of times, but no way i take Leshoure(or any non-Ingram RB) over Jones. Not to say im right, but i have been burned in the past by reaching for RB's. Kevin Jones over Fitz, Lynch over Calvin, maybe Best over Bryant(but i would still do this). i did take Mccoy over Crabtree, but i also took Donald Brown over Crabtree(actually, that might still work out for me too),
And you probably took Enis over Moss in 1998. Taking Best over Bryant was not a good idea then and looks even worse now.

And you probably took Enis over Moss in 1998. Taking Best over Bryant was not a good idea then and looks even worse now.
I wasnt doing dynasty leagues in 98, but i might have. Taking Best over Bryant might end up being a bad idea, but i would do it again right now. Considering your user name(and every other post from you) im not surprised you think it is a bad idea. ;) ETA, i only play in non-ppr(Zealots), 12 team and you can start 3 RB, so they are pure gold.

It says +3 flex so Graham could be a starter with Clark he doesn't have to sit behind him.I would rather have Graham the risk of injury for Collie too high for me.
Thanks for the input. Lots of guys will agree with you on the Collie concussion risk and if he goes down again this year like he did last year I'm going to be punished bad for this trade. I'm rolling the dice a little bit for sure.On the flex thing, if healthy I'm certain Collie will outproduce Graham so even though I could play Graham in a flex, this will be points added to my lineup. I don't see Graham as a 100 catch TE, but I do see Collie as a 100 catch WR.

Lots of guys will agree with you on the Collie concussion risk. I'm rolling the dice a little bit for sure.On the flex thing, if healthy I'm certain Collie will outproduce Graham so even though I could play Graham in a flex, this will be points added to my lineup. I don't see Graham as a 100 catch TE, but I do see Collie as a 100 catch WR.
I agree if Collie stays healthy he is worth more than Graham, but other than maybe ACL tears, concussions are the scariest injuries. If it were just one like Desean JAckson i wouldnt be that concerned, but with that many in such a short period, i am staying away. I know its a different sport, but as a Buffalo homer, i watched concussions cost a young Tim Connoly a very bright future.

Rb's are always over valued in nonppr leagues. Never understood passing on an elite WR for a time share RB.
Did you take Charles Rodgers over Larry Johnson? Crabtree over Lesean Mccoy? How do you know who the elite WR's are and whats wrong with a time share RB?

'papalazarou said:
Just done this deal:Gave : A BradshawGot : 1.05, 2012 3rd and 6th rounderAlready own 1.04, so I get Williams and Little
I would rather have Bradshaw than Greg Little.
Ingram fell to me at 1.04, so got Williams at 1.05, has suddenly become a fantastic deal for me!!! :thumbup:
It's still Ryan Williams for Bradshaw, getting Ingram has nothing to do with it. I'd prefer Bradshaw personally.

Rb's are always over valued in nonppr leagues. Never understood passing on an elite WR for a time share RB.
Did you take Charles Rodgers over Larry Johnson? Crabtree over Lesean Mccoy? How do you know who the elite WR's are and whats wrong with a time share RB?
Go Deep, you are smart enough to know this goes both ways. Like taking Chris Perry over Larry Fitzgerald. I'm just saying the scoring is relative, just like the difference in 5 Pt TD's and 6 Pt TD's. I think nonppr make elite WR's even more valuable because you can't rely on guys like Devone Bess and Wes Welker as a flex and expect more than just a few points. Just makes guys like Calvin and Andre Johnson more valuable:

Just made this trade in a 12 team PPR dynasty. I think its pretty even.

I gave: DeAngelo, Hillis, Hernandez, 1.10

I got: Charles, 2.2, McCluster

Go Deep, you are smart enough to know this goes both ways. Like taking Chris Perry over Larry Fitzgerald. I'm just saying the scoring is relative, just like the difference in 5 Pt TD's and 6 Pt TD's. I think nonppr make elite WR's even more valuable because you can't rely on guys like Devone Bess and Wes Welker as a flex and expect more than just a few points. Just makes guys like Calvin and Andre Johnson more valuable:
Agreed, that was my point. You have to judge each situation differenly. You wrote "never understood passing on an elite WR for a time share RB". Which sounds like you saying always take the elite WR. Im just pointing out that its not always that simple. Hence my example of Crabtree and Mccoy and LJ and Rodgers, which were real situations alot of owners found themselves trying to make. I dont think anyone considered taking Perry over Fitz.Even though i tend to agree that RB's are sometimes overvalued, thats no reason to dismiss taking one over an "elite" WR. Im not suggesting take any decent RB over any WR, but in Zealots, being able to start 3 good RB's is a big advantage. So if the choice comes down to a very good RB or an elite WR, the RB deserves consideration.

Agreed, that was my point. You have to judge each situation differenly. You wrote "never understood passing on an elite WR for a time share RB". Which sounds like you saying always take the elite WR. Im just pointing out that its not always that simple. Hence my example of Crabtree and Mccoy and LJ and Rodgers, which were real situations alot of owners found themselves trying to make. I dont think anyone considered taking Perry over Fitz.Even though i tend to agree that RB's are sometimes overvalued, thats no reason to dismiss taking one over an "elite" WR. Im not suggesting take any decent RB over any WR, but in Zealots, being able to start 3 good RB's is a big advantage. So if the choice comes down to a very good RB or an elite WR, the RB deserves consideration.
Your rankings are nonppr right? How do your top 10 rookie rankings shake out?

Correct

1. Ingram 60

2. Green 53

3. Jones 49

4. Vereen 41

5. Willimas 41

6. Thomas 39

7. Young 37

8. Little 36

9. Smith 35

10. Leshoure 35

Correct

1. Ingram 60

2. Green 53

3. Jones 49

4. Vereen 41

5. Willimas 41

6. Thomas 39

7. Young 37

8. Little 36

9. Smith 35

10. Leshoure 35
Thanks...looks good.

Z52? I saw that trade, my brother is the Bills in that league. I think you gave up way too much. Which surprised me because i play with you in Z5 and you seem to know your stuff. Maybe you know something i dont about Freeman, but i think that trade will come back to haunt you.
Yeah, I admitted in my original post that I gave up too much, but the reason I made the deal was that there was a chance that I could go into the season with no legit starting QB, and I was looking at one of my 2 young QB targets here (either Bradford, which wasn't happening, or Freeman). I own Freeman in all my Z classic leagues now, and I'm very satisfied that I am pretty well set at QB now for the next 10 years. I will admit that I'm probably higher on Freeman than most, and I actually think I stated on some board (can't remember if it was this one or not) that I liked Freeman the most of the 3 QBs prior to the '09 rookie drafts.So will giving up the chance to have Julio and Wallace come back to haunt me...? That is certainly possible. But I am nowhere close to resembling a fan of Henne, Palmer could be out of football, and who knows what's going on with VY. My other QBs are all chances that I'm counting on to potentially be moved or are long-term risks (Josh Johnson, Flynn, Skelton, who incidentally I also own in all my other Z classic leagues as well), so I definitely felt the need to go out and get what I consider a sure thing. Most of the other trades I posted on this thread had the board consensus that I won the deal, and I figured this one most would call me the loser. I'm not afraid to take a risk, and hopefully the PPG combo of Freeman/Little will at least exceed that of Henne/Wallace. And I also grabbed Dalton at 3.04 for potential future insurance. Appreciate your honesty and insight, Deep, also. I can't recall, which Z5 franchise are you...?

Yeah, I admitted in my original post that I gave up too much, but the reason I made the deal was that there was a chance that I could go into the season with no legit starting QB, and I was looking at one of my 2 young QB targets here (either Bradford, which wasn't happening, or Freeman). I own Freeman in all my Z classic leagues now, and I'm very satisfied that I am pretty well set at QB now for the next 10 years. I will admit that I'm probably higher on Freeman than most, and I actually think I stated on some board (can't remember if it was this one or not) that I liked Freeman the most of the 3 QBs prior to the '09 rookie drafts.So will giving up the chance to have Julio and Wallace come back to haunt me...? That is certainly possible. But I am nowhere close to resembling a fan of Henne, Palmer could be out of football, and who knows what's going on with VY. My other QBs are all chances that I'm counting on to potentially be moved or are long-term risks (Josh Johnson, Flynn, Skelton, who incidentally I also own in all my other Z classic leagues as well), so I definitely felt the need to go out and get what I consider a sure thing. Most of the other trades I posted on this thread had the board consensus that I won the deal, and I figured this one most would call me the loser. I'm not afraid to take a risk, and hopefully the PPG combo of Freeman/Little will at least exceed that of Henne/Wallace. And I also grabbed Dalton at 3.04 for potential future insurance. Appreciate your honesty and insight, Deep, also. I can't recall, which Z5 franchise are you...?
Makes sense, and it very well could turn out for you. Sometimes you have to take chances and go against the consensus. I guess my biggest issue is maybe you could have gotten another QB similar to Freeman for a cheaper price? You said you wanted Freeman or Bradford though. I suppose its better to overpay for the guy you want than settle for someone else for a cheaper price. ...and im the Bills in Z5

in a 12 team PPR dynasty where I rebuilding just did the following trade

Gave: Gore, Steve Smith Panthers

Got: Fitz, 2.9

Users who are viewing this thread