What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2011 offseason dynasty trades (1 Viewer)

sorry, that was a typo. I don't play redrafts, just dynasty leagues. Sorry for the confusion.

Moved Gore and Smitty for Fitz and 2.9 in a dynasty league.

Last edited by a moderator:
Orlando gave up:

Turner, Michael ATL RB

Year 2011 Draft Pick 3.11

Year 2011 Draft Pick 4.06

Year 2012 Round 1 Draft Pick from Orlando

Year 2012 Round 2 Draft Pick from Newfoundland

Year 2012 Round 3 Draft Pick from Orlando

Year 2012 Round 4 Draft Pick from Orlando

Puerto Rico gave up:

Year 2011 Draft Pick 1.09

Year 2011 Draft Pick 1.10

Year 2013 Round 1 Draft Pick from South Carolina

Year 2013 Round 2 Draft Pick from Puerto Rico

Year 2014 Round 1 Draft Pick from Newfoundland

Year 2014 Round 4 Draft Pick from Puerto Rico

Memphis gave up:

Year 2011 Draft Pick 2.11

Year 2013 Round 1 Draft Pick from Memphis

Year 2013 Round 3 Draft Pick from Memphis

South Carolina gave up:

Ochocinco, Chad CIN WR

Orlando gave up:Turner, Michael ATL RBYear 2011 Draft Pick 3.11Year 2011 Draft Pick 4.06Year 2012 Round 1 Draft Pick from Orlando Year 2012 Round 2 Draft Pick from NewfoundlandYear 2012 Round 3 Draft Pick from Orlando Year 2012 Round 4 Draft Pick from Orlando Puerto Rico gave up:Year 2011 Draft Pick 1.09Year 2011 Draft Pick 1.10Year 2013 Round 1 Draft Pick from South CarolinaYear 2013 Round 2 Draft Pick from Puerto RicoYear 2014 Round 1 Draft Pick from NewfoundlandYear 2014 Round 4 Draft Pick from Puerto Rico
Hard to tell without knowing the teams and anticipated draft slots, but that seems like a lot for Turner.Also seems weird that you can trade 2014 picks.

Orlando gave up:Turner, Michael ATL RBYear 2011 Draft Pick 3.11Year 2011 Draft Pick 4.06Year 2012 Round 1 Draft Pick from Orlando Year 2012 Round 2 Draft Pick from NewfoundlandYear 2012 Round 3 Draft Pick from Orlando Year 2012 Round 4 Draft Pick from Orlando Puerto Rico gave up:Year 2011 Draft Pick 1.09Year 2011 Draft Pick 1.10Year 2013 Round 1 Draft Pick from South CarolinaYear 2013 Round 2 Draft Pick from Puerto RicoYear 2014 Round 1 Draft Pick from NewfoundlandYear 2014 Round 4 Draft Pick from Puerto Rico
That's the biggest trade I've ever seen (geographically speaking).

Hard to tell without knowing the teams and anticipated draft slots, but that seems like a lot for Turner.Also seems weird that you can trade 2014 picks.
Neither team will be good in 2011. If you must look at their rosters check out my Charlotte link in my sig for the league but make sure your wearing safety glasses before you click on rosters.

Memphis gave up:Year 2011 Draft Pick 2.11Year 2013 Round 1 Draft Pick from Memphis Year 2013 Round 3 Draft Pick from Memphis South Carolina gave up:Ochocinco, Chad CIN WR
South Carolina got good value there. I think Memphis gave too much for an aging WR.

12 team ppr start QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, K, DST, RB/WR/TE flex

Team A gave: Frank Gore, Donnie Avery

Team B gave: Jeremy Maclin, 2.02

Team B has the 2nd pick and had literally no startable RB's

Team C gave: 1.06

Team D gave: Anthony Armstrong, Lee Evans, Mike Sims-Walker, Terrel Owens

Memphis gave up:Year 2011 Draft Pick 2.11Year 2013 Round 1 Draft Pick from Memphis Year 2013 Round 3 Draft Pick from Memphis South Carolina gave up:Ochocinco, Chad CIN WR
South Carolina got good value there. I think Memphis gave too much for an aging WR.
Absolutely, a complete rip off. Ocho owner will be lucky if he's ever fantasy-startable again. A first, second, and third? Yikes.

non PPR league

Team A gave

Lewis, Marcedes JAC TE

Year 2012 Round 1 Draft Pick from Jags11

team B gave

Jones, James GBP WR

Moss, Santana WAS WR

Year 2011 Draft Pick 2.02

Year 2011 Draft Pick 2.03

Year 2011 Draft Pick 3.02

non PPR leagueTeam A gaveLewis, Marcedes JAC TEYear 2012 Round 1 Draft Pick from Jags11team B gaveJones, James GBP WRMoss, Santana WAS WRYear 2011 Draft Pick 2.02Year 2011 Draft Pick 2.03Year 2011 Draft Pick 3.02
I'm not usually one to call out trades...but the guy getting a top 8 TE and a 1st rounder for a bunch of crap that probably gets cut by season's end is a clear winner. Talk about "trade-rape"

non PPR leagueTeam A gaveLewis, Marcedes JAC TEYear 2012 Round 1 Draft Pick from Jags11team B gaveJones, James GBP WRMoss, Santana WAS WRYear 2011 Draft Pick 2.02Year 2011 Draft Pick 2.03Year 2011 Draft Pick 3.02
I'm not usually one to call out trades...but the guy getting a top 8 TE and a 1st rounder for a bunch of crap that probably gets cut by season's end is a clear winner. Talk about "trade-rape"
I disagree. That 1st is an unknown, and could end up only a few picks better than the 2nds received in return. We just don't know enough to evaluate that part of the deal.Do you really expect Marcedes Lewis to again be TE8? Fluke. He had been TE 24, 20, and 21 the previous 3 years and the 10 TDs he had last year will not be repeated I promise you (2 was his previous career high). James Jones and Santana Moss are EACH worth more than Lewis in trade.(I was not involved in the trade by the way.)

I disagree. That 1st is an unknown, and could end up only a few picks better than the 2nds received in return. We just don't know enough to evaluate that part of the deal.Do you really expect Marcedes Lewis to again be TE8? Fluke. He had been TE 24, 20, and 21 the previous 3 years and the 10 TDs he had last year will not be repeated I promise you. James Jones and Santana Moss are EACH worth more than Lewis in trade.(I was not involved in the trade by the way.)
I see the 2011 2.02 as worth close to the 2012 1st. Even if you add the 3.02 for the 1st, the rest is landslide for the one receiving Moss/Jones, imo

I disagree. That 1st is an unknown, and could end up only a few picks better than the 2nds received in return. We just don't know enough to evaluate that part of the deal.Do you really expect Marcedes Lewis to again be TE8? Fluke. He had been TE 24, 20, and 21 the previous 3 years and the 10 TDs he had last year will not be repeated I promise you. James Jones and Santana Moss are EACH worth more than Lewis in trade.(I was not involved in the trade by the way.)
Did he actually finish as TE8 last year? That would be coincidence - I have him about 8th.Let's see:DavisFInleyGatesClarkWittenThose guys are all at the top. These guys all have tons of upside. After those top guys, I just want upside in my TE. The difference in PPG between TE8 and TE20 or so is negligible...GrahamLewisCook

Did he actually finish as TE8 last year? That would be coincidence - I have him about 8th.Let's see:DavisFInleyGatesClarkWittenThose guys are all at the top. These guys all have tons of upside. After those top guys, I just want upside in my TE. The difference in PPG between TE8 and TE20 or so is negligible...GrahamLewisCook
He actually finished TE4 last year (I just looked). But I'd put him, instead of 700-10 as in 2010, at about 600-5 in 2011 (that might be generous) and that would make him equivalent to about TE14 or so the past two years.

Gave: Vincent Brown & 5.02Got: Austin CollieZealots non-ppr
Thumbs up.
Yea I am a huge Vincent Brown fan, but that is paying for him at his ceiling and then some.
I waffled on this one a long time, actually rejecting it once before resubmitting it. Then I remembered I'm more in win-now mode than I am "rolling the dice on longer term potential mode" and it became a no-brainer.

12 team PPR starts qb/2rb/2wr/te/te-wr flex

Shockey

Shiancoe

for

Starks

Cooley

(Actually this deal was the same two owners as the Colston deal a page or two back so the two deals put together equals

Colston

Starks

Cooley

for

Collie

Choice

Barber

Shockey

Shiancoe)

sorry, that was a typo. I don't play redrafts, just dynasty leagues. Sorry for the confusion.Moved Gore and Smitty for Fitz and 2.9 in a dynasty league.
Who is Smitty?
I assumed Steve Smith(Car)
Hmm, I don't think I would use the word Smitty for Steve Smith, especially since there two of them. One not being any better than the other as far as fantasy goes at this point.
I agree, but i have heard that SS refered to as Smitty before, not the other one.

sorry, i live in NC, and a lot of people here call Steve Smith Panthers "Smitty".

On a side note, would anyone trade Fitz, Mike Thomas, Damien Williams, and 2.9 FOR Nicks, Nelson, Colt McCoy, 2.3?

Hmm, I don't think I would use the word Smitty for Steve Smith, especially since there two of them. One not being any better than the other as far as fantasy goes at this point.
Disagree pretty hardcore on this one. One is damaged goods with a low ceiling and lots of competition. The other could be a #1 WR in an elite offense by September. Even though he's older, give me the good Steve Smith every time.

Disagree pretty hardcore on this one. One is damaged goods with a low ceiling and lots of competition. The other could be a #1 WR in an elite offense by September. Even though he's older, give me the good Steve Smith every time.
....or one could have Jimmy Clausen throwing him the ball and the other one have Eli Manning throwing to him.

name='Eastwood' timestamp='1306263786' post='13191575']oh come now. Jordon Nelson. NOT WILLY!
Jordon? I have never heard of that Nelson. ;)

Seriously though, i would consider that trade, i prefer Nicks to Fitz, and the rest is close.

For fun i ran it through my trade calc, the Nicks side wins 145-127 or 7%

received:

Johnson, Charles CAR DE

Year 2011 Draft Pick 4.04

Year 2011 Draft Pick 5.04

Year 2012 Round 4 Draft Pick

gave up:

Leshoure, Mikel DET RB

Users who are viewing this thread