What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2012 In Season Dynasty Trade Thread (1 Viewer)

r0llin_game

Footballguy
Few simple things real quick. List what kind of league it is and what type of scoring as these help aid what the value of a player is. Also, try and post the full name of the player. I've found myself searching a couple of players before trying to see what trades they were involved in within this thread. Please don't post fake trades, or whether or not you should do a certain trade.

12 team ppr start QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, K, RB/WR/TE flex

Team A gives: Sam Bradford, '14 1st

Team B gives: Philip Rivers

Team A is trying to make a sort of run, but I'm not certain his roster can get him as far as he's trying to go. He's already traded his '13 1st this past offseason.

Team B is rather young, drafted RG3 to be their QB of the future, has a decent core but is definitely a year or two away from having a shot at competing.

Team A gave:

Vincent Jackson

Brandon Pettigrew

Team B gave:

Michael Floyd

Vernon Davis

2013 1st

10 Team Dynasty, $128m salary cap, 60 active, 8 practice squad, .5 PPR, IDP, 1 Headcoach, 1 QB, 5 Offense: 1-2 RB/1-4 WR/0-2 TE, 5 Offensive Linemen, 11 Defense: 1-2 DT/1-3 DE/1-4 LB/2-7 CB/0-5, 1 PK, 1 Punter

Rookie draft picks are valued a little higher in this league than normal dynasty leagues due to the large starting lineups and other positions, so good players usually last into the later rounds.

Team A gave:

ATL QB Matt Ryan (Current Roster: GB QB Aaron Rodgers, MIN QB Christian Ponder, PS: SEA QB Russell Wilson)

2013 5th Round Rookie Draft Pick

His salary next year, if extended, would be over $4 million. With Rodger's salary hitting that mark next year too, it didn't seem right to keep Ryan as a backup at a $4 mil salary too. Especially with Ponder and Wilson both at or new minimum.

Team B gave:

KC WR Dwayne Bowe

2013 3rd Round Rookie Draft Pick

My other WRs are DAL Dez Bryant, DEN Demaryius Thomas, NYG Victor Cruz, GB Jordy Nelson, SD, Robert Meachem, OAK Darrius Heyward-Bey, STL Steve Smith

Then I went and traded Bowe...

Team A gave:

KC WR Dwayne Bowe

Traded him because he has a 2 year contract left with a $3.97 mil salary, an extension next year would push him to over $5 million. A TOP CONSISTENT WR would get that money from me, but Cassel is horrible and no one knows where he's going next year.

Team C gave:

BAL Torrey Smith

2013 3rd Round Draft Pick

So I basically gave up Matt Ryan and a 5th for Torrey Smith, 2 2013 3rd Round Draft Picks, and about $2.5 million salary cap space. Due to it being a 10 team, 1 QB league, a bottom QB1 like Ryan is a little difficult to sell.

Some guys that were taken 3rd or later in the past two drafts: Dont'a Hightower, Isaiah Pead, Bobby Wagner, Nick Perry, Robert Turbin, Kendall Wright, Reuben Randle, AJ Jenkins, DaQuan Bowers, Ryan Williams, Greg Little, Shane Vereen, Jake Locker, Jabaal Sheard, Adrian Clayborn, Mikel LeShoure, Stevan Ridley, Ryan Kerrigan, Aldon Smith, Vincent Brown, Christian Ponder, Kyle Rudolph, Titus Young, Andy Dalton, DeMarco Murray, Jacquizz Rodgers

Last edited by a moderator:
10 Team Dynasty, $128m salary cap, 60 active, 8 practice squad, .5 PPR, IDP, 1 Headcoach, 1 QB, 5 Offense: 1-2 RB/1-4 WR/0-2 TE, 5 Offensive Linemen, 11 Defense: 1-2 DT/1-3 DE/1-4 LB/2-7 CB/0-5, 1 PK, 1 PunterRookie draft picks are valued a little higher in this league than normal dynasty leagues due to the large starting lineups and other positions, so good players usually last into the later rounds.Team A gave:ATL QB Matt Ryan (Current Roster: GB QB Aaron Rodgers, MIN QB Christian Ponder, PS: SEA QB Russell Wilson)2013 5th Round Rookie Draft PickHis salary next year, if extended, would be over $4 million. With Rodger's salary hitting that mark next year too, it didn't seem right to keep Ryan as a backup at a $4 mil salary too. Especially with Ponder and Wilson both at or new minimum.Team B gave:KC WR Dwayne Bowe2013 3rd Round Rookie Draft PickMy other WRs are DAL Dez Bryant, DEN Demaryius Thomas, NYG Victor Cruz, GB Jordy Nelson, SD, Robert Meachem, OAK Darrius Heyward-Bey, STL Steve SmithThen I went and traded Bowe...Team A gave:KC WR Dwayne BoweTraded him because he has a 2 year contract left with a $3.97 mil salary, an extension next year would push him to over $5 million. A TOP CONSISTENT WR would get that money from me, but Cassel is horrible and no one knows where he's going next year.Team C gave:BAL Torrey Smith2013 3rd Round Draft PickSo I basically gave up Matt Ryan and a 5th for Torrey Smith, 2 2013 3rd Round Draft Picks, and about $2.5 million salary cap space. Due to it being a 10 team, 1 QB league, a bottom QB1 like Ryan is a little difficult to sell.Some guys that were taken 3rd or later in the past two drafts: Dont'a Hightower, Isaiah Pead, Bobby Wagner, Nick Perry, Robert Turbin, Kendall Wright, Reuben Randle, AJ Jenkins, DaQuan Bowers, Ryan Williams, Greg Little, Shane Vereen, Jake Locker, Jabaal Sheard, Adrian Clayborn, Mikel LeShoure, Stevan Ridley, Ryan Kerrigan, Aldon Smith, Vincent Brown, Christian Ponder, Kyle Rudolph, Titus Young, Andy Dalton, DeMarco Murray, Jacquizz Rodgers
I misread that at first and thought you gave all that for Bowe.:facepalm:

12 team PPR, start 4 WR/TE

Darren Sproles for Frank Gore and Jared Cook

Brandon Lafell for Ryan Tannehill

AJ Green for Jimmy Graham and Jonathan Dwyer

12 team PPR, start 4 WR/TE

Darren Sproles for Frank Gore and Jared Cook

Brandon Lafell for Ryan Tannehill

AJ Green for Jimmy Graham and Jonathan Dwyer
How the hell did you pull that off? A guy in my league wanted Mccoy from me and I offered him Mccoy and Little for Graham and Martin and he told me he wouldn't trade Graham straight up for Mccoy. Yes I am very jealous, but nice work

12 team PPR, start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR/RB Flex, WR/RB Flex, TE, TE

I proposed this trade but was rejected.

Give Demaryius Thomas, Get Robert Turbin

12 team PPR, start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR/RB Flex, WR/RB Flex, TE, TEI proposed this trade but was rejected.Give Demaryius Thomas, Get Robert Turbin
a little shocking, but if we all post propsed trades that were rejected we would jam the FBG server

LOL WOW. Maybe he she thinks Skittles will be gone soon, but I doubt that.

a little shocking, but if we all post propsed trades that were rejected we would jam the FBG server
My bad, I just couldn't believe she turned it down. I'll keep my posts to the trades that go through from now on.

12 team PPR, start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR/RB Flex, WR/RB Flex, TE, TEI proposed this trade but was rejected.Give Demaryius Thomas, Get Robert Turbin
Let me start by saying yes I am jealous of this, I have C.J. Spiller, Jacquizz Rodgers and David Wilson in one league and I can't even get the owners of Fred Jackson, Micheal Turner, or Ahmad Bradshaw to give me a player with half the upside of D.T. However, in this case I think they did you a favor by rejecting it.

12 team PPR. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex. .5 PPR for RB, 1 for WR, 1.5 for TE

I gave: Phillip Rivers, 2013 1st round pick (developmental league with 12 college players already rostered)

I got: Christian Ponder, Kyle Rudolph

'Ironthumb said:
'whatadai said:
'Ironthumb said:

LOL WOW. Maybe he she thinks Skittles will be gone soon, but I doubt that.
My bad, I just couldn't believe she turned it down. I'll keep my posts to the trades that go through from now on.
A woman that not only plays fantasy football, but DYNASTY fantasy football? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Nice one dude.

'The Real Hipster Doofus said:
12 team PPR. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex. .5 PPR for RB, 1 for WR, 1.5 for TEI gave: Phillip Rivers, 2013 1st round pick (developmental league with 12 college players already rostered)I got: Christian Ponder, Kyle Rudolph
Why? :confused:

12 team PPR. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex. .5 PPR for RB, 1 for WR, 1.5 for TEI gave: Phillip Rivers, 2013 1st round pick (developmental league with 12 college players already rostered)I got: Christian Ponder, Kyle Rudolph
I have had a few people say I got taken on the deal. Obviously I don't agree or I wouldn't have done it. I have Cam Newton at QB and I shopped Rivers all offseason, with nobody biting. People see the name Rivers and expect some great value to be had but in reality you don't get much for a non elite starting QB. The 1st rounder is more like a 2nd rounder (and probably a late one) due to the developmental players. In this league TE's are huge. I have Jimmy Graham as my starter and flexed Tony Gonzalez most of last season. He put up numbers equivalent to the #9 WR in this league. This deal comes down to the fact that I believe Rudolph is going to be a top 5 dynasty TE sooner rather than later. I was more than willing to pay the cost of a backup QB and a non premium pick to get him.

I have had a few people say I got taken on the deal. Obviously I don't agree or I wouldn't have done it. I have Cam Newton at QB and I shopped Rivers all offseason, with nobody biting. People see the name Rivers and expect some great value to be had but in reality you don't get much for a non elite starting QB. The 1st rounder is more like a 2nd rounder (and probably a late one) due to the developmental players. In this league TE's are huge. I have Jimmy Graham as my starter and flexed Tony Gonzalez most of last season. He put up numbers equivalent to the #9 WR in this league. This deal comes down to the fact that I believe Rudolph is going to be a top 5 dynasty TE sooner rather than later. I was more than willing to pay the cost of a backup QB and a non premium pick to get him.
Take out the first round pick (even if it is a second) and I like the deal without explanation.

12 team DYNASTY

standard scoring (non-ppr)

IDP

Starting rosters - QB, RB, FLEX 'RB/WR/TE', 2 WRs, TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DBs

Team A sends to team B >>>

- RB Rashard Mendenhall

- RB James Starks

- S Patrick Chung

- LB Johnson Derrick

- the 2013 2nd rd draft pick acquired in previous trade from team B

Team B sends to team A >>>

- WR Justin Blackmon

16 team, PPR league. Start 2 RBs, 2 WRs, and a flex.

Team A received:

Denarius Moore

Kevin Smith

Team B received:

Mike Wallace

Team 1 gave Mccoy, Holmes, Daniels 4th round pick 2013

Team 2 gave Martin, Harvin, Rudolph and 2nd round pick 2013

12 team, PPR league.

Team A received:

Fitzgerald

Ronnie Brown

Jordan Cameron

2013 3rd Rounder

Team B received:

Greg Jennings

Hillis

Big Ben

2013 2nd Rounder

2013 2nd Rounder

12 team DYNASTY

IDP

- RB Rashard Mendenhall

- RB James Starks

- S Patrick Chung

- LB Johnson Derrick

- WR Justin Blackmon
Depending on the scoring for IDP that looks very lopsided. Must be a Jaguar fan

12 team, PPR league. Team A received:FitzgeraldRonnie BrownJordan Cameron2012 3rd RounderTeam B received:Greg JenningsHillisBig Ben2012 2nd Rounder2012 2nd Rounder
How did you trade 2012 picks or is that a typo? Either way I like team B's side a lot better.

Nice work assuming you've got a solid team and it's a later pick.

10 Team Dynasty, $128m salary cap, 60 active, 8 practice squad, .5 PPR, IDP, 1 Headcoach, 1 QB, 5 Offense: 1-2 RB/1-4 WR/0-2 TE, 5 Offensive Linemen, 11 Defense: 1-2 DT/1-3 DE/1-4 LB/2-7 CB/0-5, 1 PK, 1 PunterRookie draft picks are valued a little higher in this league than normal dynasty leagues due to the large starting lineups and other positions, so good players usually last into the later rounds.Team A gave:ATL QB Matt Ryan (Current Roster: GB QB Aaron Rodgers, MIN QB Christian Ponder, PS: SEA QB Russell Wilson)2013 5th Round Rookie Draft PickHis salary next year, if extended, would be over $4 million. With Rodger's salary hitting that mark next year too, it didn't seem right to keep Ryan as a backup at a $4 mil salary too. Especially with Ponder and Wilson both at or new minimum.Team B gave:KC WR Dwayne Bowe2013 3rd Round Rookie Draft PickMy other WRs are DAL Dez Bryant, DEN Demaryius Thomas, NYG Victor Cruz, GB Jordy Nelson, SD, Robert Meachem, OAK Darrius Heyward-Bey, STL Steve SmithThen I went and traded Bowe...Team A gave:KC WR Dwayne BoweTraded him because he has a 2 year contract left with a $3.97 mil salary, an extension next year would push him to over $5 million. A TOP CONSISTENT WR would get that money from me, but Cassel is horrible and no one knows where he's going next year.Team C gave:BAL Torrey Smith2013 3rd Round Draft PickSo I basically gave up Matt Ryan and a 5th for Torrey Smith, 2 2013 3rd Round Draft Picks, and about $2.5 million salary cap space. Due to it being a 10 team, 1 QB league, a bottom QB1 like Ryan is a little difficult to sell.Some guys that were taken 3rd or later in the past two drafts: Dont'a Hightower, Isaiah Pead, Bobby Wagner, Nick Perry, Robert Turbin, Kendall Wright, Reuben Randle, AJ Jenkins, DaQuan Bowers, Ryan Williams, Greg Little, Shane Vereen, Jake Locker, Jabaal Sheard, Adrian Clayborn, Mikel LeShoure, Stevan Ridley, Ryan Kerrigan, Aldon Smith, Vincent Brown, Christian Ponder, Kyle Rudolph, Titus Young, Andy Dalton, DeMarco Murray, Jacquizz Rodgers
Nice

12 team PPR:

Gave:

Reggie Wayne IND

Da'Rel Scott NYG

Got:

Isaiah Pead STL

Austin Collie IND

2013 2nd

I can't believe how quickly people are giving up on Pead after a few below average preseason games his rookie year. He was a rookie 1st rounder all summer, and a guy like McCoy has proven that RB's with this type of skill-set can look average until they adjust to the NFL game and stop hesitating.

Never mind the fact that there's a decent chance that if he stays healthy, Collie COULD outscore Wayne anyways. Plus a pick that I plan on trying to flip to a rebuilding team.

'Ironthumb said:
Sooo...Turbin is a top 5-7 dynasty RB or he loses.

12 team PPR:Gave:Reggie Wayne INDDa'Rel Scott NYGGot:Isaiah Pead STLAustin Collie IND2013 2ndI can't believe how quickly people are giving up on Pead after a few below average preseason games his rookie year. He was a rookie 1st rounder all summer, and a guy like McCoy has proven that RB's with this type of skill-set can look average until they adjust to the NFL game and stop hesitating. Never mind the fact that there's a decent chance that if he stays healthy, Collie COULD outscore Wayne anyways. Plus a pick that I plan on trying to flip to a rebuilding team.
How you milked that value out of Reggie is saying something. If he's been on the move where I've seen it's at an already inflated late 1st/early 2nd value. I think you probably just caught a silly owner sleeping?

12 team PPR:Gave:Reggie Wayne INDDa'Rel Scott NYGGot:Isaiah Pead STLAustin Collie IND2013 2ndI can't believe how quickly people are giving up on Pead after a few below average preseason games his rookie year. He was a rookie 1st rounder all summer, and a guy like McCoy has proven that RB's with this type of skill-set can look average until they adjust to the NFL game and stop hesitating. Never mind the fact that there's a decent chance that if he stays healthy, Collie COULD outscore Wayne anyways. Plus a pick that I plan on trying to flip to a rebuilding team.
How you milked that value out of Reggie is saying something. If he's been on the move where I've seen it's at an already inflated late 1st/early 2nd value. I think you probably just caught a silly owner sleeping?
He's an owner taking over a vacated team with tons of picks the next two years and not much else, and instead of rebuilding the slow way, he's trying to win now by flipping things for what he considers consistent vets.In the last 2 days he's traded for Deangelo Williams, Reggie Wayne, Peyton Manning, Micheal Vick, Frank Gore, Vincent Jackson, Nate Washington, Owen Daniels, Ahmad Bradshaw, Emannuel Sanders, T.Y. Hilton, and other small pieces.I can detail the trades if you are interested, otherwise I wasn't going to bother with how much it all is haha. But I don't mind if it helps the discussion.But it's the most roster turnover in the quickest time I've ever seen....and I don't like a few of the trades for him, but you can't argue that he's not trying his best to win, and he still has 1sts and 2nds in the future to spare. So I think he's just been getting caught up in the idea of winning now. He HAS traded for basically an all-new starting lineup in two days, which again is crazy even if I think some of the trades were hastily done and should have been contemplated more.

'Chazzhawk said:
'Bracie Smathers said:
12 team DYNASTY

IDP

- RB Rashard Mendenhall

- RB James Starks

- S Patrick Chung

- LB Johnson Derrick

- WR Justin Blackmon
I can see how it could be viewed that way but I am the owner of team A and I'm not a Jags fan. Here is my reasoning for this trade that does indeed look lopsided.I'm loaded at RB, (AdP, DeMarco, Bradshaw) and we only have to start one RB yet can choose to start another RB as a flex. We have to start two WRs and can use a third WR as our flex and I have good starting WRs, (Colston, Steve Smitch CAR, Hakeem) but wanted another stud WR to provide flexibility and WRs have a longer fantasy shelf life, also I drafted Dywer with my last rookie draft pick and feel he's got a shot to take over for Mendenhall who is in his contract year and I'm not sure the Steelers keep him.

IDP guys I gave up, DJ is a stud no doubt he is the meat of what I gave up but he just turned 30 and I drafted Kuechly with my first round rookie pick and Chung is very irratic in his scoring and I'm set at DB.

The second round pick was a throw in.

I like having room at the bottom of my roster to make wire moves and after pulling the trigger on this deal I picked up, LB Bobby Wagner and LB Demeco Ryemes so I don't feel hurt at RB or LB or at DB and I really like Blackmon and think he's got a good shot to turn into a long term number one fantasy WR.

I agre that it does look very lopsided from the outside but I made the offer knowing I wouldn't be hurt at RB or DB and I felt I could aggressively refill my LBers on the wire and that gamble paid off so right now I like the deal but Blackmon has to come thru for me for this to be considered a success however right now I like it.

'Chazzhawk said:
'Bracie Smathers said:
12 team DYNASTY

IDP

- RB Rashard Mendenhall

- RB James Starks

- S Patrick Chung

- LB Johnson Derrick

- WR Justin Blackmon
I can see how it could be viewed that way but I am the owner of team A and I'm not a Jags fan. Here is my reasoning for this trade that does indeed look lopsided.I'm loaded at RB, (AdP, DeMarco, Bradshaw) and we only have to start one RB yet can choose to start another RB as a flex. We have to start two WRs and can use a third WR as our flex and I have good starting WRs, (Colston, Steve Smitch CAR, Hakeem) but wanted another stud WR to provide flexibility and WRs have a longer fantasy shelf life, also I drafted Dywer with my last rookie draft pick and feel he's got a shot to take over for Mendenhall who is in his contract year and I'm not sure the Steelers keep him.

IDP guys I gave up, DJ is a stud no doubt he is the meat of what I gave up but he just turned 30 and I drafted Kuechly with my first round rookie pick and Chung is very irratic in his scoring and I'm set at DB.

The second round pick was a throw in.

I like having room at the bottom of my roster to make wire moves and after pulling the trigger on this deal I picked up, LB Bobby Wagner and LB Demeco Ryemes so I don't feel hurt at RB or LB or at DB and I really like Blackmon and think he's got a good shot to turn into a long term number one fantasy WR.

I agre that it does look very lopsided from the outside but I made the offer knowing I wouldn't be hurt at RB or DB and I felt I could aggressively refill my LBers on the wire and that gamble paid off so right now I like the deal but Blackmon has to come thru for me for this to be considered a success however right now I like it.
Your logic is fine, the person you traded for is the fault. When you have that much talent and can't start it all, you try to make a trade to get one player and sometimes you over pay for it, but usually you get a sure thing, not a talented rookie who could be good or bust.

Users who are viewing this thread