What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2012 RSP and Post-Draft RSP Available for Download! (1 Viewer)

First time buyer of the RSP and I just wanted to tell you that you've done some very high quality work.

Bits and pieces of your work last year regarding Denarius Moore WAY before everyone else was on to him was what enticed me to grab a copy of this year's RSP and I'm glad I did. If there's anyone out there that's on the fence about this, not to sound like a used car salesman, but this thing is awesome. There's nothing out there that goes into this amount of detail that can be found anywhere else to the best of my knowledge for this low of a price. $20 is well worth it, and for what it's worth the time I've been paying attention to what Matt has to say whether it's on the podcast, blog, or here in the forums it's usually pretty spot on.

There are already a handful of names I expect to slip in our rookie draft that I expect to pounce on due to this publication....and on top of that, knowing what I know from the RSP I can't wait to see how the draft shakes out now.

Thanks Matt!

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, I grabbed Dropbox and added the RSP, then favorited it. Now I can view the RSP offline during my 13-hour plane flight on Saturday :thumbup:

Matt, I'm just now getting to Ryan Tannehill and I can already tell you put more time into this portfolio than any other.

lol.... You're going to have to take a step back at some point and relax.... But thank you. I don't watch a lot of college football outside of the Big 10 and this portfolio is a huge reason why I'm able to compete and finish in the money in my dynasty leagues.

And thanks for donating to Darkness to Light.

First time buyer of the RSP and I just wanted to tell you that you've done some very high quality work.Bits and pieces of your work last year regarding Denarius Moore WAY before everyone else was on to him was what enticed me to grab a copy of this year's RSP and I'm glad I did. If there's anyone out there that's on the fence about this, not to sound like a used car salesman, but this thing is awesome. There's nothing out there that goes into this amount of detail that can be found anywhere else to the best of my knowledge for this low of a price. $20 is well worth it, and for what it's worth the time I've been paying attention to what Matt has to say whether it's on the podcast, blog, or here in the forums it's usually pretty spot on. There are already a handful of names I expect to slip in our rookie draft that I expect to pounce on due to this publication....and on top of that, knowing what I know from the RSP I can't wait to see how the draft shakes out now. Thanks Matt!
The RSP is a fine piece of work but you are giving Waldman too much credit here regarding Moore. waldman had him ranked as the 24th best Wr in the class comparing him to Bernard Berrien.Bloom and others were higher on Moore.

Matt,

Is the RSP purely pre-draft analysis, or is there a later, post-draft volume that will include some additional analysis/rankings/etc. of how the players fit in with their NFL teams, how their dynasty value is affected, etc.? By the way, I realize how detailed and thorough it is, so if it's just pre-draft analysis, that's fine -- I'm not criticizing it or anything -- just trying to understand what exactly is included.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked it up on an impulse this morning and kind of disappointed the rankings at each position are pretty close to consensus.

Matt,Is the RSP purely pre-draft analysis, or is there a later, post-draft volume that will include some additional analysis/rankings/etc. of how the players fit in with their NFL teams, how their dynasty value is affected, etc.? By the way, I realize how detailed and thorough it is, so if it's just pre-draft analysis, that's fine -- I'm not criticizing it or anything -- just trying to understand what exactly is included.
It's pre-draft analysis. Based on talent. Fit is always a nice discussion to have, but the perspective is purely talent and discussion of potential fit, not actual fit.

Picked it up on an impulse this morning and kind of disappointed the rankings at each position are pretty close to consensus.
That's too bad you feel that way. I don't look at others rankings as I make this, so I would think that if you're disappointed that its close to consensus because in the past it wasn't then maybe you ought to consider that I simply had similar views this year. It happens, although I'm not sure what "consensus" you're speaking of...

That's too bad you feel that way. I don't look at others rankings as I make this, so I would think that if you're disappointed that its close to consensus because in the past it wasn't then maybe you ought to consider that I simply had similar views this year. It happens, although I'm not sure what "consensus" you're speaking of...
Might've been a hasty judgment. The QB and RB rankings look very similar to what I've been seeing around but the WR rankings are pretty unique. It's all about the notes anyway.

I've decided that I'm going to create a post-draft update for the 2012 RSP. I don't know how long it will be, but it will update rankings based on landing spots of players and discuss potential fit, depth chart competition, etc. I will make this available for download as a separate document that will be a part of the purchase with the 2012 RSP.

If you already bought the RSP, it's free and you'll be able to download it when its ready from my site. If you haven't bought the RSP yet, it's simply a part of the original deal and you'll be able to download it with the RSP upon purchase.

I anticipate the update will be available the Sunday May 6, to include as many UDFAs as possible.

I've decided that I'm going to create a post-draft update for the 2012 RSP. I don't know how long it will be, but it will update rankings based on landing spots of players and discuss potential fit, depth chart competition, etc. I will make this available for download as a separate document that will be a part of the purchase with the 2012 RSP.

If you already bought the RSP, it's free and you'll be able to download it when its ready from my site. If you haven't bought the RSP yet, it's simply a part of the original deal and you'll be able to download it with the RSP upon purchase.

I anticipate the update will be available the Sunday May 6, to include as many UDFAs as possible.
That's great news, Matt. I'm sure you can't switch off your brain, so it's content you'll be thinking anyway. It's very cool that you're planning to share it.

'Tick said:
'Matt Waldman said:

That's great news, Matt. I'm sure you can't switch off your brain, so it's content you'll be thinking anyway. It's very cool that you're planning to share it.
It just makes sense to do and I've contemplated doing it for years. I'm giving myself a week to write it. Might take less time, but I can't guarantee anything earlier than the 6th as a delivery date. Like everything else with the RSP, it will probably get better over time so this year is more of an experiment season. Still, I think it will be helpful.

'Tick said:
'Matt Waldman said:

Matt can switch off his brain. I've been in the room when it happens. It's bloody loud. It's better this way. Keep him working, keep him awake.

'Matt Waldman said:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: (I would just do one huge one if I could...THANKS!)

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: (I would just do one huge one if I could...THANKS!)
Ditto! Thanks Matt for making a great product even better! :thumbup:

Matt...check out the last few posts in the Montario Hardesty thread. I referenced your pick value charts in the discussion and it would be great if you could clarify them.

'renesauz said:
Matt...check out the last few posts in the Montario Hardesty thread. I referenced your pick value charts in the discussion and it would be great if you could clarify them.
Hey, those pick value charts are really only basic math to show relative value as a starting point for a discussion, not an absolute rule. They're just something I view as a tool to start a conversation with someone and nothing more. My research goes into watching players. The chart isn't anything that came from special research or wisdom. I just thought it would be convenient to supply them.

Awesome news about the post draft update Matt. Comparing talent based view to a destination one will be a vital tool.

P.S. I noticed in the RSP you have Tommy Streeter included in your skill breakdown charts but he doesn't appear in the overall ranking for WRs. Where would you put him in the ranking?

In the past, if you bought the RSP, you got a discount on your annual Footballguys subscription. Is that going to be the case this year?

Sammy, that is not going to be the case. The RSP is a separate product from Footballguys.com. They're kind enough to talk about it and let me talk about it, but no discounts in conjunction with subscribing.

Awesome news about the post draft update Matt. Comparing talent based view to a destination one will be a vital tool.P.S. I noticed in the RSP you have Tommy Streeter included in your skill breakdown charts but he doesn't appear in the overall ranking for WRs. Where would you put him in the ranking?
I'm not as excited about Streeter as others. The athleticism is there, but the skills to me a questionable as is the potential. He was probably in the 35-45 range at his position for me.

Matt,

Did you get a chance to view any tape from Toney Clemons, Colorado? I'm sure Steeler Nation in particular would love to hear what you have to say about his strengths and weaknesses as well as where he might fit in with the WR class in the RSP. Seems like he fell through the cracks coming from a small school.

Good News!

I'm on track to finish the RSP Post-Draft Add-on by Friday May 4 instead of Sunday May 6. I had a feeling this would take me less time, but I didn't want to place myself on schedule I couldn't fulfill being this is the first time I've delivered a post-draft analysis.

This analysis includes a bevy of excellent dynasty league info:

Positional ranking cheat sheet

Overall ranking cheat sheet with tiers and a unique RSP value designation for each player that provides a shorthand guide to navigating your draft

Overall rankings with commentary for over 110 players

Overrated-Underrated players

Good Fit-Bad Fit based on landing spot

Long-Term Projects

The 2012 RSP Post-Draft Add-on is something I consider a part of the 2012 RSP so if you buy the pre-draft publication, which I'm confident 99 percent of my readers will tell you is a great draft day tool and 2-3 year resource on its own, you'll also get the post-draft analysis.

That's pretty good news, don't you think?

For those of you that already bought the 2012 RSP, I will email you when I have the file ready for download at www.mattwaldman.com. Just use your login and password to download the add-on from the 2012 file.

This is awesome news, I've really been looking forward to some post draft thoughts to the RSP for a long time. Great tool for dynasty leagues.

Awesome. I've been reading through it all morning and it is well done. This really makes the whole RSP complete.

Great read! Just wanted to clarify the scoring system from your projections though. The top 3 rankings don't make sense if it's 4 pts per rushing/receiving TD and 6 pts for passing TD.

How many pages is the RSP + the Post-Draft update? Curious if I can print it out at work and get away with it if I buy it.

I just want to thank everyone for the tremendous positive feedback for the 2012 RSP as well as the 56-page post-draft analysis that I added to the 2012 package. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

The thanks should be going the other way. For someone like me who doesn't closely follow the college game, there is nothing I have found even vaguely measuring up to your thuroughness and point by point analysis of the draftable rookies. Among my favorite things is that at the core you rely on play rather than comparing stats produced or combine numbers. Measurables I can get anywhere, but numbers offer little perspective on what they mean or what factors together created them. I want to know what a guy looks like out there, who plays fast - rather than who runs fast in shorts with no one to dodge or avoid. Which WRs can and can't run routes or consistently get seperation or catch with their hands or fight off defenders to make contested catches. Your exhaustive package gives me a basis to work from including a careful look at every significant player. I can read and add the views and comments and stats I want to like ornaments on the Christmas tree - where that tree is the foundation of player abilities that you weave together into a ranked whole.

I have no way to know how right or wrong your conclusions are. You certainly don't shy away from controversial evaluations. But overall, for just plain understanding of whho the rookies are, how they play and what we might expect in the NFL - I don't know of anything close. After reading this tome, I would feel blind and naked walking into a rookie draft next year without having that insight. My huge thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread