What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Anarchy League 2 Thread (1 Viewer)

Is anyone set up to get text updates on the draft? Worked great last year but not this year. Tried several times and can't even get a validation text.

If it's set up it might speed up the darft and keep us informed. I like dominating at a quicker pace. ;)

Is anyone set up to get text updates on the draft? Worked great last year but not this year. Tried several times and can't even get a validation text.

If it's set up it might speed up the darft and keep us informed. I like dominating at a quicker pace. ;)
Working for me..........make sure you select your carrier as it did not save from last year.

Just Win Baby said:
Biabreakable said:
This might be only in my own mind but I liked seeing the RB run the way it did.
It's not only in your mind. As one who has no RBs so far, I liked seeing that run also. :cool:
Cool. It will be interesting to see what you cobble together there later on. I do not think anyone is matching your WR.

Define dominate please? :lol:

I like Owen Daniels but he is not exactly a player I would call dominating. Pettigrew is likely going to be spending even more time as a blocker with the Lions not sure if Reiff can play LT or not.. but he will try.. he is going to need help. Reggie Wayne is not likely to see 195 targets again, with a more experienced Luck who will spread the ball around more now that he has his rookie legs under him. Steven Ridley?

Dougie might be the only guy who I think could make top the top 25 in VBD list and you took him pick 3. Which to me was the 1st surprising pick of the draft.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a little disappointed that Norseman took Colby Fleener as I did want to pair him with Dwayne Allen for some injury insurance later on.

Just Win Baby said:
Biabreakable said:
It's not only in your mind. As one who has no RBs so far, I liked seeing that run also. :cool:
Cool. It will be interesting to see what you cobble together there later on. I do not think anyone is matching your WR.
I'm thinking the trio of Andre Johnson-Wes Welker-Danny Amendola is at least in the conversation so far.

That is a lot of dunk passes if Amendola holds up and Peyton gives Welker similarly high targets. None of those guys are TD machines though. Calvin and Nelson can be.

Just Win Baby said:
Biabreakable said:
I'm thinking the trio of Andre Johnson-Wes Welker-Danny Amendola is at least in the conversation so far.
Calvin, Cobb, Jordy >> Andre, Amendola, Welker

Just out of curiosity, is the timer on? If so, can someone refresh me on the rules? Is it just a straight 12 hours, with no pause for overnight or weekends?

Just Win Baby said:
Biabreakable said:
Welker ranked 2nd, Andre ranked 4th, and Decker ranked 12th in this format last year. Amendola may not be as good as Welker statistically, but I expect him to rank in the Top 15 this year. I would expect Welker to put up Decker like scoring from last year in terms of total points. When you factor in the post season scoring, I think all 3 of these guys could hit the century mark in catches.

Megatron only outscored Welker by 10 points last year. Cobb was 18th. Nelson was 32nd.

IN THIS FORMAT, I don't see Calvin, Cobb, and Jordy outscoring Andre, Amendola, and Welker (if all stay healthy).

Timer is not on. I hate turning the timer on, as I get a ton of backlash from people that miss picks and end up with someone they don't want. Maybe not is this league, but in other leagues I've had people quit leagues when they couldn't get the guy they wanted or get a replacement pick.

Just Win Baby said:
Biabreakable said:
Welker ranked 2nd, Andre ranked 4th, and Decker ranked 12th in this format last year. Amendola may not be as good as Welker statistically, but I expect him to rank in the Top 15 this year. I would expect Welker to put up Decker like scoring from last year in terms of total points. When you factor in the post season scoring, I think all 3 of these guys could hit the century mark in catches.

Megatron only outscored Welker by 10 points last year. Cobb was 18th. Nelson was 32nd.

IN THIS FORMAT, I don't see Calvin, Cobb, and Jordy outscoring Andre, Amendola, and Welker (if all stay healthy).
Yeah, well, we're not playing last season here. As I see it, Calvin will again be the top scoring WR, Cobb will improve this year, and Jordy will be closer to his 2011 production, assuming he can stay healthy. Meanwhile, Andre's production is likely to remain the same or drop due to the addition of Hopkins, Welker's production is likely to drop substantially, and Amendola is a wild card. Even if Amendola replicates what Welker did last year, I expect my trio to outscore yours.

I'd be happy to make a side wager on which trio will score more in this format. Interested?

Timer is not on. I hate turning the timer on, as I get a ton of backlash from people that miss picks and end up with someone they don't want. Maybe not is this league, but in other leagues I've had people quit leagues when they couldn't get the guy they wanted or get a replacement pick.
So we stand to be stuck on the current pick indefinitely?

It apears that way. I did pm JeremyX13 this afternoon when I noticed his pick was up. Around 4pm today.

I didn't know Todd Heap was a Mormon.

Rolling again!

1.01 Duckboy Graham.

1.02 Old Milwaukee crushes my dreams of having AD when he breaks Eric Dickerson's record.

1.03 There it is Doug Martin.

1.04 JWB Calvin Johnson.

1.05 Kruppe Packers QB.

1.06 Fiddles Jason Witten.

1.07 CalBear Tony "the Emmit Smith of TE" Gonzalez.

1.08 rzrback77 Gronk

1.09 Anarchy99 Denver QB.

1.10 nittanylion Saints QB.

1.11 Coordinator Demaryius Thomas.

1.12 Sinrman Arian Foster.

1.13 Biabreakable AJ Green.

1.14 JeremyX13 49ers QB.

1.15 Stinkin' Ref Vernon Davis.

1.16 Norseman Julio Jones

2.01 Norseman Ray Rice

2.02 Stinkin' Ref Patriots QB

2.03 JeremyX13 Brandon Marshall

2.04 Biabreakable Trent Richardson

2.05 Sinrman Percy Harvin

2.06 Coordinator Dennis Pitta

2.07 nittanylion Roddy White

2.08 Anarchy99 Andre Johnson

2.09 rzrback77 Marshawn Lynch

2.10 CalBear Dez Bryant

2.11 Fiddles Falcons QB (I considered this strongly at 2.04)

2.12 Kruppe Jermichael Finley

2.13 JWB Randall Cobb

2.14 TII Owen Daniels (Silly me thought he might make it back around to me, not even close)

2.15 Old Milwaukee Jamal Charles

2.16 Duckboy Victor Cruz

3.01 Duckboy Larry Fitzgerald

3.02 Old Milwaukee CJ Spiller

3.03 TII Brandon Pettigrew

3.04 JWB Jordy Nelson

3.05 Kruppe Panthers QB

3.06 Fiddles LeSean McCoy

3.07 CalBear Vincent Jackson

3.08 rzrback77 Alfred Morris

3.09 Anarchy99 Wes Welker

3.10 nittanylion Marques Colston

3.11 Coordinator Seahawks QB

3.12 Sinrman Eric Decker (my cousin is surprised this Gopher is playing in NFL)

3.13 Biabreakable Steven Jackson

3.14 JeremyX13 DeMarco Murray

3.15 Stinkin' Ref Dwayne Bowe

3.16 Norseman Chris Johnson

4.01 Norseman Detroit QB

4.02 Stinkin' Ref Colts QB

4.03 JeremyX13 Matt Forte

4.04 Biabreakable Frank Gore

4.05 Sinrman Cowboys QB

4.06 Coordinator Greg Olsen

4.07 nittanylion Darren Sproles

4.08 Anarchy99 Danny Amendola

4.09 rzrback77 Hakeem Nicks

4.10 CalBear MJD

4.11 Fiddles Lamar Miller

4.12 Kruppe Kyle Rudolph

4.13 JWB Redskins QB

4.14 TII Reggie Wayne

4.15 Old Milwaukee Martellus Bennett

4.16 Duckboy Antonio Brown

5.01 Duckboy Jared Cook

5.02 Old Milwaukee Torrey Smith

5.03 TII Stevan Ridley

5.04 JWB Antonio Gates (this could be a steal)

5.05 Kruppe Mike Wallace

5.06 Fiddles Steve Smith (!)

5.07 CalBear Darren McFadden (too many other things I could call him)

5.08 rzrback77 David Wilson

5.09 Anarchy99 LeVeon Bell

5.10 nittanylion Reggie Bush

5.11 Coordinator Cameron Jordan

5.12 Sinrman Monte Ball

5.13 Biabreakable Dwayne Allen

5.14 JeremyX13 Giants QB

5.15 Stinkin Ref James Jones

5.16 Norseman Brandon Myers

6.01 Norseman Colby Fleener

6.02 Stinkin Ref Chris Ivory

6.03 JeremyX13 Stevie Johnson

6.04 Biabreakable Texans QB

6.05 Sinrman Health Miller

6.06 Coordinator Ryan Mathews

6.08 nittanylion OTC

6.09 Anarchy99 on deck

My musings about Todd Heap are because he used to be basically same tier as Heath Miller who is perhaps the TE that myself and Norseman should have taken instead of splitting the Colts TE catches.

So far there has been

14QB

26 WR 8 since the start of round 3

19 TE

24 RB 10 since the start of round 3

Since the middle of round 4 (after Sproles pick) there have been 9TE 9RB 8WR 3QB.

It apears that way. I did pm JeremyX13 this afternoon when I noticed his pick was up. Around 4pm today.

pmd him immediately after my pick....

pmd him immediately after my pick....
I didn't know you were friends with Todd Heap. :cool:

We are looking at a huge wait until the next pick. Do you think he will come out of retirement?

1.01 Duckboy Graham.

1.02 Old Milwaukee crushes my dreams of having AD when he breaks Eric Dickerson's record.

1.03 There it is Doug Martin.

1.04 JWB Calvin Johnson.

1.05 Kruppe Packers QB.

1.06 Fiddles Jason Witten.

1.07 CalBear Tony "the Emmit Smith of TE" Gonzalez.

1.08 rzrback77 Gronk

1.09 Anarchy99 Denver QB.

1.10 nittanylion Saints QB.

1.11 Coordinator Demaryius Thomas.

1.12 Sinrman Arian Foster.

1.13 Biabreakable AJ Green.

1.14 JeremyX13 49ers QB.

1.15 Stinkin' Ref Vernon Davis.

1.16 Norseman Julio Jones

2.01 Norseman Ray Rice

2.02 Stinkin' Ref Patriots QB

2.03 JeremyX13 Brandon Marshall

2.04 Biabreakable Trent Richardson

2.05 Sinrman Percy Harvin

2.06 Coordinator Dennis Pitta

2.07 nittanylion Roddy White

2.08 Anarchy99 Andre Johnson

2.09 rzrback77 Marshawn Lynch

2.10 CalBear Dez Bryant

2.11 Fiddles Falcons QB (I considered this strongly at 2.04)

2.12 Kruppe Jermichael Finley

2.13 JWB Randall Cobb

2.14 TII Owen Daniels (Silly me thought he might make it back around to me, not even close)

2.15 Old Milwaukee Jamal Charles

2.16 Duckboy Victor Cruz

3.01 Duckboy Larry Fitzgerald

3.02 Old Milwaukee CJ Spiller

3.03 TII Brandon Pettigrew

3.04 JWB Jordy Nelson

3.05 Kruppe Panthers QB

3.06 Fiddles LeSean McCoy

3.07 CalBear Vincent Jackson

3.08 rzrback77 Alfred Morris

3.09 Anarchy99 Wes Welker

3.10 nittanylion Marques Colston

3.11 Coordinator Seahawks QB

3.12 Sinrman Eric Decker (my cousin is surprised this Gopher is playing in NFL)

3.13 Biabreakable Steven Jackson

3.14 JeremyX13 DeMarco Murray

3.15 Stinkin' Ref Dwayne Bowe

3.16 Norseman Chris Johnson

4.01 Norseman Detroit QB

4.02 Stinkin' Ref Colts QB

4.03 JeremyX13 Matt Forte

4.04 Biabreakable Frank Gore

4.05 Sinrman Cowboys QB

4.06 Coordinator Greg Olsen

4.07 nittanylion Darren Sproles

4.08 Anarchy99 Danny Amendola

4.09 rzrback77 Hakeem Nicks

4.10 CalBear MJD

4.11 Fiddles Lamar Miller

4.12 Kruppe Kyle Rudolph

4.13 JWB Redskins QB

4.14 TII Reggie Wayne

4.15 Old Milwaukee Martellus Bennett

4.16 Duckboy Antonio Brown

5.01 Duckboy Jared Cook

5.02 Old Milwaukee Torrey Smith

5.03 TII Stevan Ridley

5.04 JWB Antonio Gates (this could be a steal)

5.05 Kruppe Mike Wallace

5.06 Fiddles Steve Smith (!)

5.07 CalBear Darren McFadden (too many other things I could call him)

5.08 rzrback77 David Wilson

5.09 Anarchy99 LeVeon Bell

5.10 nittanylion Reggie Bush

5.11 Coordinator Cameron Jordan

5.12 Sinrman Monte Ball

5.13 Biabreakable Dwayne Allen

5.14 JeremyX13 Giants QB

5.15 Stinkin Ref James Jones

5.16 Norseman Brandon Myers

6.01 Norseman Colby Fleener

6.02 Stinkin Ref Chris Ivory

6.03 JeremyX13 Stevie Johnson

6.04 Biabreakable Texans QB (QB is so deep but I could not wait any more with QB run coming)

6.05 Sinrman Health Miller

6.06 Coordinator Ryan Mathews

6.08 nittanylion Dustin Keller

6.09 Anarchy99 Pierre Garson

6.10 rzrback77 Jermaine Gresham

6.11 CalBear Fred Davis

6.12 Kruppe Greg Jennings

6.13 JWB Bengals QB (Almost went with Dalton over Shuab, tough call)

6.14 TII Steelers QB

6.15 Old Milwaukee Bears QB

6.16 Duckboy Ahmad Bradshaw

7.01 Duckboy Cecil Shorts

7.02 Old Milwaukee Ravens QB

7.03 TII Tyler Eifert

7.04 JWB Marcedes Lewis

7.05 Kruppe Jeremy Maclin

7.06 Fiddles Giovani Bernard

7.07 CalBear DeSean Jackson

7.08 rzrback77 Anquan Boldin

7.09 Anarchy99 Robert Housler

7.10 nittanylion Lance Moore

7.11 Coordinator Eddie Lacy

7.12 Sinrman Eagles QB

7.13 Biabreakable Cardinals QB

7.14 JeremyX13 Jacob Tamme

7.15 Stinkin Ref Kenny Britt

7.16 Norseman Mike Williams

8.01 Norseman Travon Austin

8.02 Stinkin Ref OTC

8.03 JeremyX13 on deck

So I wanted to wait a bit longer to take a QB but as I looked over what everyone had at that point I knew someone was going to get stuck with some QB options that I did not want to be. I could accept one of these lesser QB but not 2.

So I went with Shuab hoping he puts up a little more yards due to the addition of Hopkins and that they can make the playoffs again. The other 2QB I was considering were Dalton because I like the new weapons there to push his numbers higher but I trust the Texans to make the playoffs more than the Bengals, close call. The other QB I considered was Palmer with Fitzgerald I think he could do better than he did with the Raiders last season, which was not bad. Lower playoff expectations for the Cardinals than the Bengals/Texans.

Since Palmer came back to me I took him. I do not much like the other QB options remaining.

eta- I was worried that even more than 5 might be taken before it came back to me. I was surprised Duckboy passed on them although I did like his picks. rzrback77 and CalBear passed on them too.

While I appreciate all of the extra time JeremyX13 has given me to think about my next pick, I have now narrowed down my 2 possible choices to 22,367 coin flips and I am more confused than when I started.

So it would be just fine with me if you would pick some one.

While I appreciate all of the extra time JeremyX13 has given me to think about my next pick, I have now narrowed down my 2 possible choices to 22,367 coin flips and I am more confused than when I started.

So it would be just fine with me if you would pick some one.
Waiting for the coin to land sideways before making a pick.

Since Palmer came back to me I took him. I do not much like the other QB options remaining.

eta- I was worried that even more than 5 might be taken before it came back to me. I was surprised Duckboy passed on them although I did like his picks. rzrback77 and CalBear passed on them too.
1: Palmer sucks

2: Taking a QB early in this format sucks.

So Zach Miller was the guy I had 1st in my list followed by DeAngelo Williams. These were the 2 coins I was flipping. The value was slightly in Millers favor but I do not mind getting Williams as my RB4.

where did jeremy come from?
I did ask to be placed in the same league as DLeo/DonnyT.

If it isn't Jeremy about the only other guy I don't know too well here is Norseman. Anyone named Norseman is good people in my book, although I have known some pretty odd Vikings fans as well.

I am of course at odds with these guys and Stinkin' Ref since I am more near that turn. Sinrman and everyone else is outside what I can influence. Stinkin' Ref has not really sniped me yet. I have been sniped on TE by both Norseman and JeremyX13 once each so far.

I did ask to be placed in the same league as DLeo/DonnyT.

If it isn't Jeremy about the only other guy I don't know too well here is Norseman. Anyone named Norseman is good people in my book, although I have known some pretty odd Vikings fans as well.

I am of course at odds with these guys and Stinkin' Ref since I am more near that turn. Sinrman and everyone else is outside what I can influence. Stinkin' Ref has not really sniped me yet. I have been sniped on TE by both Norseman and JeremyX13 once each so far.
I believe he won League 3 last year and got moved up.

Just haven't seen the value at wr. So I have went in other directions. Def/st were behind where they were the last few years. The run on def/st last couple of years gave been around the late 9th round to early 10 th rounds. So I figured two play off teams there were better than two questionable wrs. I can hopefully pick wrs later that can surprise and give be about as much value as I could of got now.

I think CalBear has a roster violation. Can't have 6 wr and 3 te. Sorry if I am mistaken.

Wanted to get it fixed before it went too far.

Celek is considered a blocking tight end, but Ertz and Casey are considered primarily receivers. Kelly can split them wide, put them in the slot, put them in the backfield, or line them up tight to the line.
http://articles.philly.com/2013-07-24/sports/40750849_1_chip-kelly-coach-kelly-derek-carrier The blurb is on MFL, KFFL,Rotoworld ect.

This was the source article as well as some other things I read before ultimately deciding on Casey. Who is a player I have liked since he was a rookie. He can do it all.

So Zach Miller was the guy I had 1st in my list followed by DeAngelo Williams. These were the 2 coins I was flipping. The value was slightly in Millers favor but I do not mind getting Williams as my RB4.
As it turns out this was a more difficult decision than I thought given recent news.

The WR remaining at this point are hmm... of questionable value. So I can understand the D/ST picks.
This is why I ended up going with Kelce as my 3rd TE instead of taking a WR. There will likely be some good WR picks still available but none of them are sure things for even 60 receptions. When it gets to this point any TE who can get 40 catches are better value imo.

As the long wait between the draft and training camp continues no position group for the Kansas City Chiefs is more interesting to me than the tight ends. Future Hall of Famer Tony Gonzales has been gone for four seasons already and the Chiefs have struggled to fill the void left by his departure. After a solid rookie campaign, Tony Moeaki appeared to be the heir apparent to the position. However, a history of injuries in college have followed him to the NFL. Now it appears Moeaki (who has already been ruled out until training camp after having his knee scoped) will have to compete for playing time and possibly even a roster spot.

The Chiefs signed former Miami Dolphin Anthony Fasano to a four year 16 million dollar contract this offseason. That’s pretty big money to pay someone to just compete for a job, so one would assume that Fasano will get regular playing time as either the #1 or #2 TE. Then they spent their first of two third round draft picks on Travis Kelce out of Cincinnati. With several solid prospects still on the board the fact that Andy Reid and John Dorsey felt that Kelce was the best pick despite having Moeaki and Fasano on the roster tells me they think he is going to be a really good player.

So the Chiefs literally have three different players who all have a shot at being the starting TE this season. Usually when a team has three people competing for one starting spot it’s because the team doesn’t really have anyone good enough to claim the spot. I don’t think that’s the case in KC this season. I think all three of these guys are good enough to start in the NFL.

Making this battle even more exciting is the added importance of the tight end position in the KC offense. No one has actually come out and said this, but all one has to do is look at the recent history of Andy Reid’s offenses and the play of Alex Smith and it becomes pretty clear.

In the past five years the average combined numbers for TEs on Reid’s Philly teams was:

70.6 receptions

809.8 yards

5.2 TDs

Alex Smith’s use of the TE takes a little more digging since he hasn’t played for entire seasons that frequently. However, if you include the 2011 playoff games, over the past 4 seasons Smith has played in 48 games. That’s the equivalent of three 16 game seasons. So I added up all of Vernon Davis and Delanie Walker’s stats from those 48 games and divided it by 3 to get the average numbers for a 16 game season. Those combined numbers were even bigger than those from Reid’s offense:

87.6 receptions

1144.3 yards

11.3 TDs

Now, those numbers are obviously inflated by the fact that Smith had arguably the best playmaking TE in the NFL in Vernon Davis. However, Davis’s numbers dropped off last season once Smith was benched. So clearly Smith has shown that he likes to use the TE. If you average the Reid and Smith numbers together you get:

79.1 receptions

977.05 yards

8.25 TDs

So those are probably a good estimate for what the tight end production should be in an Andy Reid offense with Alex Smith as the QB, IF the TEs are up to the challenge. That would certainly be a lot more production from the position than KC has seen since Tony Gonzalez left. In those four seasons the KC TEs have averaged:

46 receptions

503 yards

2.75 TDs

So in order for Reid and Smith to utilize the TE like they have in the past KC will have to almost double their production at the position. Is one of the three guys fighting for the starting job capable of putting up the bulk of those stats or will it have to be a combined effort? Thus far in their career Fasano and Moeaki’s numbers fall well short of the mark.

Fasano’s averages as a starting TE:

35.4 receptions

420.8 yards

4.6 TDs

Moeaki’s averages as a starting TE:

40 receptions

504.5 yards

2 TDs

So thus far in their careers as full time starting TEs you would have to combine their stats to get the numbers we said Reid and Smith will be looking for from the TE position. Now, they both have been working with inferior QBs for most of their careers so its possible their production will be increased just from better QB play. If either of the two are capable of producing bigger numbers its probably Moeaki. Fasano is a great blocker and has good hands, but his playmaking ability is very limited. He’s more of a safety valve/drop off type receiver than an actual receiving weapon. Moeaki has shown more down the field upside, but his injuries may make it hard for him to win the job.

That leads us to Travis Kelce. I’ll admit that I’m a big Kelce fan, so this opinion is probably biased. That having been said, I believe that if any TE on the roster is going to step up and give KC the production at the position that Reid and Smith will be looking for it is Kelce. If you haven’t watched THIS VIDEO yet, do it now. It does contain NSFW lyrics in the music, so be warned. What you see in that video is a tight end that lines up all over the field. He has soft hand, runs after the catch, and blocks with a ferocity that is rare for the position. If he can get the playbook down I think Kelce will be the one that eventually claims the job.

When asked what TE he would compare himself to, Kelce’s answer was Jeremy Shockey. In his rookie season Shockey tallied 74 receptions, 894 yards, and 2 TDs. A season like that would be huge for Kelce and the Chiefs. I don’t know if that’s realistic for Kelce, but I do think he has a chance to be a real weapon in the KC offense.

Will he be good enough to help KC’s TEs meet the demand put on them in this offense? Only time will tell, but I’ll be keeping a close eye on these guys when training camp rolls around.

What do you think Addicts? Will the TE position be a focus in this offense? Will one of these three guys step forward and claim the job outright? I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.

As always, thanks for reading and GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://arrowheadaddict.com/2013/05/27/the-kansas-city-chiefs-and-the-tight-end-position/
I liked this article from back in May in regards to the TE position with the Chiefs in 2013 and Reid. Some of the fan comments are telling as well. I do not see a dominant receiver paired with Bowe so that means we should expect more targets to the TE and RB.

Rookie TE rarely perform very well but Kelce is such a nasty blocker I think he will be on the field a lot. He does not seem that special after the catch but he does a very good job of making a nice target for the QB. Alex Smith likes to dump the ball off. I think Kelce can get 40 receptions in 2013 which is likely better than I can expect from any WR at that point of the draft.

So there are a few teams that appear to be taking zeros already:

Kruppe (Maclin)

Coordinator (Pitta)

JeremyX13 (Carpenter)

Anyone else?

Users who are viewing this thread