What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Anarchy League 2 Thread (1 Viewer)

Cecil said it best. There will be a 3 way rotation at TE in DEN on a team that will be using 3 WR sets on almost every play. Splitting a very small pie 3 ways seems like a limited amount of production. I don't think Thomas sniffs 45 receptions.
Cec just spent about 3 minutes pimping Thomas on ESPN radio (here in CO) breaking down his skills and situation with Tamme and Dressen...with his closing remark being "Thomas could very easily be the starter by the end of camp".....

I realize with the other 3 WR's in town, there may not be a huge piece of pie to be had....but there is some value in the DEN TE position and that 3 way rotation may not be a lock....Thomas could be very active and his skills present nightmares for coverage...especially in the red zone....things change quickly...we'll see...
Think he said the same thing last year.

Cecil said it best. There will be a 3 way rotation at TE in DEN on a team that will be using 3 WR sets on almost every play. Splitting a very small pie 3 ways seems like a limited amount of production. I don't think Thomas sniffs 45 receptions.
Cec just spent about 3 minutes pimping Thomas on ESPN radio (here in CO) breaking down his skills and situation with Tamme and Dressen...with his closing remark being "Thomas could very easily be the starter by the end of camp".....

I realize with the other 3 WR's in town, there may not be a huge piece of pie to be had....but there is some value in the DEN TE position and that 3 way rotation may not be a lock....Thomas could be very active and his skills present nightmares for coverage...especially in the red zone....things change quickly...we'll see...
Keep in mind that Cecil is in the ratings business, not the accuracy business. The fans want to hear about shiny new toys, not TEBC. Our local guys are pimping Armanti Edwards and Ted Ginn.

As I do every year, I'll post Draft Dominator's view of the teams periodically up until the season starts. Here is its current view of the teams, based on latest default projections (updated today):

3036 Duckboy

3017 Just Win Baby

2895 CalBear

2872 rzrback77

2869 Fiddles

2860 Anarchy99

2756 nittanylion

2745 Norseman

2722 There It Is

2716 Old Milwaukee

2708 Stinkin' Ref

2660 Coordinator

2634 Kruppe

2570 Sinrman

2517 JeremyX13

2510 Biabreakable

Duckboy... :censored: Hard to overcome that Graham advantage...

Standard caveats:

1. I made no attempt to change projections from the defaults (Dodds). Obviously, many people will have different projections and thus will feel differently than what is shown by these numbers.

2. DD does not factor in NFL playoff games, and thus those points are not accounted for.

3. We use Team QBs, so I added rounds to the draft in order to add all backup QBs listed in DD. So all teams have several individual QBs. This seems to be the best way to represent Team QBs in DD. (I could have modified the projections by hand to give all of each team’s projected fantasy points to its starter, but that would have prevented updating projections without more manual conversions later.)

Despite the issues cited above, I think this is as good as any other quick view of the results. Injuries will obviously be the biggest factor, and that cannot be predicted.

Of course, there are always those who will dismiss these results, and that's fine. I'm posting it just as a data point. Anyone who doesn't believe it is applicable or accurate is free to ignore it.

There are also those who will inevitably say that I (and possibly others near the top) must have drafted based on DD's recommendations, which is not the case for me. I probably made a few picks that were in agreement with DD's recommendations, but not more than that. IMO DD does not actually make great recommendations in this unusual format (or possibly I do not know how to properly configure it); but it is great as a draft tracker, as a tool to see what other teams have and need between your picks, and to see tiering of players by position. So I use it for those purposes in this league format.
Latest default (Dodds) projections:

3108.6 Duckboy
2957.9 Fiddles
2941.8 rzrback77
2927.7 Stinkin' Ref
2843.2 Just Win Baby
2827.5 Anarchy99
2823.5 Old Milwaukee
2798.3 CalBear
2787.9 Coordinator
2711.4 Biabreakable
2689.1 Kruppe
2590.6 Norseman
2550.3 Sinrman
2491.2 nittanylion
2450.2 JeremyX13
2408.6 There It Is

Again, this is obviously not including postseason.

because of the mindset of the bolded.....I'm not sure they carry and pay 4 TE's this year.....doesn't make much sense....so we'll see how it shakes out...got a feeling one if not both of Tamme/Dreesen aren't on the roster....just my opinion with all due respect to the Bronco guru....so whoever is left standing may get more then you think and it will most likely be the guys they drafted and aren't paying as much...especially if they have freakish skills like Thomas....just IMO obviously....they may need those roster spots elsehwhere.....o/d line come to mind with issues there....
You can't catch the ball if you are not on the field. If they go 3 WR and 2 RB, even my poor math skills come up with 0 TE points on those plays. WITHOUT Welker last year, the #1 TE caught 51 passes last year. Now there's Welker and another TE.

If I had to guess, Thomas is working with the starting offense to get used to the system and get used to playing some with Manning. I would not necessarily conclude that that means the end for Tamme or Dreesen. I still think this will be a situational TEBC and the production will get rotated. I doubt one guy gets all the PT and all the receptions. He could still get 30 receptions, which is still a decent outcome for a late round Anarchy pick.
:popcorn:

My TE picks suxor.

Allen - Out for the season.

Casey - MIA

Kelce - 1 total snap so far = progress.

Don't think I can win without someone doing something at this position. My late WR picks not doing much either. I got some good RB? :oldunsure:

My QB picks are working out ok so far.

Liking my team better now!

Bears, Chicago CHI TMQB

Ravens, Baltimore BAL TMQB

Charles, Jamaal KCC RB

Moreno, Knowshon DEN RB

Peterson, Adrian MIN RB

Spiller, C.J. BUF RB (P)

Floyd, Malcom SDC WR (D)

Holmes, Santonio NYJ WR (P)

McCluster, Dexter KCC WR

Sanders, Emmanuel PIT WR

Smith, Torrey BAL WR

Wright, Kendall TEN WR

Bennett, Martellus CHI TE

Chandler, Scott BUF TE

Bullock, Randy HOU PK

Hopkins, Dustin BUF PK (Q)

Bills, Buffalo BUF Def

Jaguars, Jacksonville JAC Def

:football:

Congrats to Coordinator for winning the regular season title. Let's see if he can hold on for the full season title . . .

Coordinator 3348.46

Seahawks TMQB

Eddie Lacy GBP RB

Ryan Mathews SDC RB

Shane Vereen NEP RB

Riley Cooper PHI WR

Demaryius Thomas DEN WR

Greg Olsen CAR TE

Nick Novak SDC PK

49ers Defense

Seahawks Defense

Anarchy99 3289.12 (-59.34)

Broncos TMQB

BenJarvus Green-Ellis CIN RB

Pierre Thomas NOS RB

Danny Woodhead SDC RB

Wes Welker DEN WR

Danny Amendola NEP WR

Stephen Gostkowski NEP PK

Steven Hauschka SEA PK

Panthers Defense

It doesn't look like there are any other teams in serious contention, as O.M. only has 3 guys still playing.

Those within 300 points of the leader . . .

Coordinator 3398.46

Seahawks TMQB

Eddie Lacy GBP RB

Ryan Mathews SDC RB

Shane Vereen NEP RB

Demaryius Thomas DEN WR

Greg Olsen CAR TE

Nick Novak SDC PK

49ers Defense

Seahawks Defense

Anarchy99 3306.12

Broncos TMQB

Pierre Thomas NOS RB

Danny Woodhead SDC RB

Wes Welker DEN WR

Danny Amendola NEP WR

Stephen Gostkowski NEP PK

Steven Hauschka SEA PK

Panthers Defense

Old Milwaukee 3162.86

Knowshon Moreno DEN RB

Coordinator should be able to hold on, up 3462.98 to 3374.62.

Coordinator

DThomas

49ers DEF

SEA TMQB

Vereen

SEA DEF

A99

DEN TMQB

Welker

Amendola

Hauschka

Gostkowski

Final standings . . .

[SIZE=small]Coordinator[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]3606.92[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]Anarchy99[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]3475.92[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]Old Milwaukee[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]3190.06[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]Fiddles[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]3107.04[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]Duckboy[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]3049.34[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]Stinkin' Ref[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]3038.54[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]Sinrman[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]2958.08[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]CalBear[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]2935.58[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]rzrback77[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]2872.04[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]JeremyX13[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]2824.84[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]Just Win Baby[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]2769.68[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]nittanylion[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]2769.34[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]Kruppe[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]2640.74[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]Norseman[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]2531.96[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]Biabreakable[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]2426.48[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]There It Is[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]2129.46[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha! Take that, Draft Dominator! Picking me to finish 13th! And that's without Percy Harvin, a very early pick for me, for most of the year!

Grats to Coordinator! I still find these leagues possibly the hardest to win...

Ha! Take that, Draft Dominator! Picking me to finish 13th! And that's without Percy Harvin, a very early pick for me, for most of the year!

just for discussion purposes cause I was thinking about this the other day.....I actually disagree with this when comparing it to survivor leagues

while both are draft and done....in the Anarchy's you know you are getting 2 Team QB's (not individual players) because you can't take three and the same with defenses.....

in Anarchy's you don't have to worry about bye weeks and you don't have to worry about one bad/off week ending your season.....

Anarchy's are done a little closer to the start of the season when everything is pretty much settled....draft/free agents, etc....

Anarchy's pretty much stay the course with VBD and ADP and many times except with the quirks of team QB and 2 PPR for TE it's a lot about taking BPA....

If you are able to somewhat manage the "who will make the playoffs" angle.....which is somewhat difficult/lucky but also somewhat predictable....you should be ok....

whereas....IMO in the survivor leagues "luck" plays a pretty huge factor.....did somebody have an even worse week when you had a really bad one.....did you get immunity the week before your team #### the bed.....did the team/s you are playing against late suffer a huge injury....

with the immunity factor, one could argue that it is not even about "not being the lowest scoring team on any given week"......you may put up the lowest score but still advance because of what you did the previous week.....

factor in things like that and I think winning a survivor is much more difficult than an Anarchy....while everything is out of your control after the draft....the quirks and elimination format of survivor bring luck into winning more than in Anarchy and when the luck factor increases, IMO the chances of winning become more difficult.....besides Andrew,......you can't "draft luck" .......

Last edited by a moderator:

just for discussion purposes cause I was thinking about this the other day.....I actually disagree with this when comparing it to survivor leagues

while both are draft and done....in the Anarchy's you know you are getting 2 Team QB's (not individual players) because you can't take three and the same with defenses.....

in Anarchy's you don't have to worry about bye weeks and you don't have to worry about one bad/off week ending your season.....

Anarchy's are done a little closer to the start of the season when everything is pretty much settled....draft/free agents, etc....

Anarchy's pretty much stay the course with VBD and ADP and many times except with the quirks of team QB and 2 PPR for TE it's a lot about taking BPA....

If you are able to somewhat manage the "who will make the playoffs" angle.....which is somewhat difficult/lucky but also somewhat predictable....you should be ok....

whereas....IMO in the survivor leagues "luck" plays a pretty huge factor.....did somebody have an even worse week when you had a really bad one.....did you get immunity the week before your team #### the bed.....did the team/s you are playing against late suffer a huge injury....

with the immunity factor, one could argue that it is not even about "not being the lowest scoring team on any given week"......you may put up the lowest score but still advance because of what you did the previous week.....

factor in things like that and I think winning a survivor is much more difficult than an Anarchy....while everything is out of your control after the draft....the quirks and elimination format of survivor bring luck into winning more than in Anarchy and when the luck factor increases, IMO the chances of winning become more difficult.....besides Andrew,......you can't "draft luck" .......
Agree with this for the most part. I've probably done close to a dozen of these and I think I've finished in the top half everytime except one. While I finished second in two of these leagues this year due to losing my first round pick Julio...bad luck, there are so many things you can do to set yourself up for success. Draft best player available. Get two kickers. Make your flex player someone who will score points. Don't be that guy who drafts the third to last QB in round 12.

Users who are viewing this thread