What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 FBG PDSL 2 Comment Thread (1 Viewer)

So far I'm looking at:

1.14- Jimmy Graham- TE

2.3- Matt Forte- RB

3.14- Matt Ryan-QB

I feel like so far so good but I'd have been through the roof on the team if I had been able to land Bush or Sproles in the third. I liked them both enough that they were predraft options #1 and #2 before the second round was over. Never really came that close to Reggie but Sproles was just close enough to frustrate me.
thought about both at 3.01 but decided on Witten instead.

Am I supposed to be posting the pick in the "draft thread" too? I must have missed that, my apologies. Seems kind of redundant though no?

So far I'm looking at:

1.14- Jimmy Graham- TE

2.3- Matt Forte- RB

3.14- Matt Ryan-QB

I feel like so far so good but I'd have been through the roof on the team if I had been able to land Bush or Sproles in the third. I liked them both enough that they were predraft options #1 and #2 before the second round was over. Never really came that close to Reggie but Sproles was just close enough to frustrate me.
If I did not already have Graham my predraft list would have been Witten, Bush and Sproles in that order.

So far I'm looking at:

1.14- Jimmy Graham- TE

2.3- Matt Forte- RB

3.14- Matt Ryan-QB

If I did not already have Graham my predraft list would have been Witten, Bush and Sproles in that order.
Great minds... yada yada championship

hey if some of this noise is about Bass I think you need to make sure he is taken care of...he said he would be off grid all weekend and to contact somebody in pdsl 1 to pick for him...i am happy to make some picks for him if he got skipped...think his sig said he was doing some marathon or something this weekend...pm me if he needs a pick made or make up pick...

thanks...

hey if some of this noise is about Bass I think you need to make sure he is taken care of...he said he would be off grid all weekend and to contact somebody in pdsl 1 to pick for him...i am happy to make some picks for him if he got skipped...think his sig said he was doing some marathon or something this weekend...pm me if he needs a pick made or make up pick...

thanks...
I think he said to contact me and I can pick for him. I am good to go as he is not up yet, I see

thanks...
Absolutely none of it is about BnB

Never been this far in without a WR before. Surely a recipe for disaster. Decided to steer into the iceberg & see what happens

Russell Wilson

Robert Griffin III

Alfred Morris

Frank Gore

Aaron Hernandez

hey if some of this noise is about Bass I think you need to make sure he is taken care of...he said he would be off grid all weekend and to contact somebody in pdsl 1 to pick for him...i am happy to make some picks for him if he got skipped...think his sig said he was doing some marathon or something this weekend...pm me if he needs a pick made or make up pick... thanks...
Absolutely none of it is about BnBcool..thanks

thanks...
I think he said to contact me and I can pick for him. I am good to go as he is not up yet, I see
I would have done okay. It was Luck as 1st choice and Eli as 2nd if I had drafted. Great minds thinking alike

really did not want to take stewart at 6.01 even though he went much earlier in the other drafts

drafted him his rookie year in dynasty and could not pull the trigger on him

giovanni looks like he could be pretty valuable in a ppr league

will see where he lands

I knew I was going either QB/TE or TE/QB at the 6/7 turn, but I had a hard time choosing the TE part of the equation.

If Gresham would have slid to me, i would have gone a different route at QB. Almost took Gates instead of Pettigrew, but I'm not sure what kind of offense SD is going to have this year.

Yuck...this draft didn't pan out for me at this draft position. TEs went much quicker than they did in the WSLs.

QB - Manning/Rivers

RB - McCoy/Stewart

WR - Marshall/Nelson/Nicks

TE - Myers

Should be pretty strong at QB. RB is OK, could be great if DWilly is cut. Loaded at WR with guys who score TDs. Not a fan of Myers.

Yuck...this draft didn't pan out for me at this draft position. TEs went much quicker than they did in the WSLs.QB - Manning/RiversRB - McCoy/StewartWR - Marshall/Nelson/NicksTE - MyersShould be pretty strong at QB. RB is OK, could be great if DWilly is cut. Loaded at WR with guys who score TDs. Not a fan of Myers.
WRs look excellent. QB is great. Love McCoy. Actually considered him at 1.05 if Foster wasn't there. This year the RBs seem very thin, and so loading up at other positions doesn't seem like a bad idea. It's what I did as well...

Kaepernick, Colin SFO QB
McFadden, Darren OAK RB
Richardson, Daryl STL RB
Brown, Antonio PIT WR
Hilton, T.Y. IND WR
Jones, Julio ATL WR
Gresham, Jermaine CIN TE
Miller, Heath PIT TE

Not disappointed, but not real sure about this draft so far. I decided to go a different round in the first and go with Julio, who I think has a lot of upside. My RBs are very weak at this point and it doesn't look like it is going to get any better, but I didn't feel like there was much value at RB when I was picking. Hopefully Kaepernick keeps the momentum going. WRs have a lot of upside so we will see how it plays out. TEs are possible high reward plays if Gresham keeps climbing and Miller is healthy.

Will see how these next few rounds go, but as of right now :unsure:

Ben Bradford

SJax Bernard Deangelo DHarris

Welker AJ Green Hartline

Gonzalez

I like this team. Nicely balanced. Need to hit on some late round WRs for depth and find a backup TE in the dregs.

QB- Ryan/Tannehill

RB- Forte/Mathews/Mendenhall/Ryan Williams

WR- Smith(CAR), Maclin

TE-Graham

I feel good at QB/RB and at TE I've got an elite one and just need to add a backup or two. The top two WR's are on the weaker side but they both project as their teams #1 or #1A WR's and I've put myself in a position to spend a good chunk of the rest of my draft on throwing numbers at the WR position.

Looking good meno. Really don't trust Mathews but rb2 choices are really lacking right now. Don't remember ever being less excited about the rb pool after the top 15 or so.

Looking good meno. Really don't trust Mathews but rb2 choices are really lacking right now. Don't remember ever being less excited about the rb pool after the top 15 or so.
Thanks and I thought Mathews represented solid value where I got him and I thought he represented the end of a tier. You see some evidence in that in this draft we went 7 picks after him until we got our next RB(Lamar Miller) and over about the next 30 picks only 3 other RB's were picked (Lacy and Ballard). Personally I see the latter two as way's off and I did mull over Miller but I trust him even less from an ability standpoint.

I don't really trust Mathews either. I took him for the value/upside and have no regrets but there is a reason I burned two fairly premium picks on the Cards duo in hopes one of them can be a RB2.

4.16 Tony Romo QB DAL

10.16 Matt Flynn QB OAK

1.01 Adrian Peterson RB MIN

5.01 Eddie Lacy RB ROOK

9.01 Mike Goodson RB NYJ

2.16 Percy Harvin WR SEA

6.16 Danario Alexander WR SDC

7.01 Lance Moore WR NOS

11.01 Jacoby Jones WR BAL

3.01 Jason Witten TE DAL

8.16 Martellus Bennett TE CHI

Solid if unspectacular. RB is iffy but never felt there was good RB value after 1.01.

Last edited by a moderator:
menobrown said:
Fiddles said:
Thanks and I thought Mathews represented solid value where I got him and I thought he represented the end of a tier. You see some evidence in that in this draft we went 7 picks after him until we got our next RB(Lamar Miller) and over about the next 30 picks only 3 other RB's were picked (Lacy and Ballard). Personally I see the latter two as way's off and I did mull over Miller but I trust him even less from an ability standpoint.

I don't really trust Mathews either. I took him for the value/upside and have no regrets but there is a reason I burned two fairly premium picks on the Cards duo in hopes one of them can be a RB2.
I was hoping to see Mathews at the 4/5 turn fwiw

menobrown said:
Fiddles said:
Thanks and I thought Mathews represented solid value where I got him and I thought he represented the end of a tier. You see some evidence in that in this draft we went 7 picks after him until we got our next RB(Lamar Miller) and over about the next 30 picks only 3 other RB's were picked (Lacy and Ballard). Personally I see the latter two as way's off and I did mull over Miller but I trust him even less from an ability standpoint. I don't really trust Mathews either. I took him for the value/upside and have no regrets but there is a reason I burned two fairly premium picks on the Cards duo in hopes one of them can be a RB2.
Just realized you and I duked it out in the pdsl finals last year. :football:

menobrown said:
Fiddles said:

I strongly consider Matthews in the 3rd and would have taken him in the 4th if you didn't. Main reason I passed was that he slid in league 1 and I didn't think either Nelson and Nicks would make it back to the 4th.

Fiddles said:
menobrown said:
Fiddles said:
Thanks and I thought Mathews represented solid value where I got him and I thought he represented the end of a tier. You see some evidence in that in this draft we went 7 picks after him until we got our next RB(Lamar Miller) and over about the next 30 picks only 3 other RB's were picked (Lacy and Ballard). Personally I see the latter two as way's off and I did mull over Miller but I trust him even less from an ability standpoint. I don't really trust Mathews either. I took him for the value/upside and have no regrets but there is a reason I burned two fairly premium picks on the Cards duo in hopes one of them can be a RB2.
Just realized you and I duked it out in the pdsl finals last year. :football:
That's right and congrats. These leagues last year were very similar to my other fantasy leagues. I did 3 of these last year and I think the first one got bounced in week 11. The other 2 made it to the final 3 but in the end I won nothing. That's how my season went last year. Lot's of close, lot's of 2-3 finishes, no wins.

BassNBrew said:
menobrown said:
Fiddles said:

I strongly consider Matthews in the 3rd and would have taken him in the 4th if you didn't. Main reason I passed was that he slid in league 1 and I didn't think either Nelson and Nicks would make it back to the 4th.
I was going to take Crabtree but Jeaton had him on this draft list so I took him for him. Than I was seconds away from picking Jordy and stopped myself. Looked it over and thought Mathews represented the end of a tier and I felt I could land two quality WR's later. Specifically I felt one of the Philly guys always seems to make to that spot.

If it makes you feel better I 100% would have taken Nicks in the third, who you grabbed on pick ahead of me. I could have lived with losing Ryan and choosing between Stafford and Romo.

For some reason my 12th round pick has been moved to the end of the 12th, and 13th is at the beginning of the 13th not sure how to fix on MFL?

Guys the draft is messed up on Mfl. I took Houston def on here with my 12.02 but old Milwaukee took them on mfl later in the round. My 12.02 mfl was skipped and I am now at the end of round 12 and beginning of round 13. until this gets fixed I think the draft will have to stay solely on the message board and old Milwaukee will need to make a replacement pick for the 12th round. Ideas?

Guys the draft is messed up on Mfl. I took Houston def on here with my 12.02 but old Milwaukee took them on mfl later in the round. My 12.02 mfl was skipped and I am now at the end of round 12 and beginning of round 13. until this gets fixed I think the draft will have to stay solely on the message board and old Milwaukee will need to make a replacement pick for the 12th round. Ideas?
You took Jordan Cameron at 12.02 based on a predraft list. Sinrman took Texans D at 12.12. I don't understand the issue?

No I didn't. Mfl got jacked and moved my pick to end of round. Meno took him there
dude. IT'S YOUR PICK RIGHT NOW. And has been for 4 hours.

All I know is that I made my picks at 12.16 and 13.01 (draft update emails and texts were sent out and everything) around 3:30pm PST. I then refreshed the draft page and it was back to 12.2

I sincerely hope you didn't use the commissioner login and revert the draft

1) I made my pick at 12.02 yesterday on time well within my time limit on the message board and was VERY forthright about there being an issue on MFL

2) Bass already stated that he set it back to 12.02 on MFL (recommend informing yourself before alluding to tomfoolery on my part)

3) I made my pick again on message,board after Bass reset

4) This is a message board draft first and foremost thus message board should be the Master

1) I made my pick at 12.02 yesterday on time well within my time limit on the message board and was VERY forthright about there being an issue on MFL2) Bass already stated that he set it back to 12.02 on MFL (recommend informing yourself before alluding to tomfoolery on my part)3) I made my pick again on message,board after Bass reset4) This is a message board draft first and foremost thus message board should be the Master
My apologies for not checking the "draft thread" and instead jumping to an accusation.

So we are only drafting in the thread now? This is kind of cluster no?

1) I made my pick at 12.02 yesterday on time well within my time limit on the message board and was VERY forthright about there being an issue on MFL2) Bass already stated that he set it back to 12.02 on MFL (recommend informing yourself before alluding to tomfoolery on my part)3) I made my pick again on message,board after Bass reset4) This is a message board draft first and foremost thus message board should be the Master
this is news to me. Not sure if thats accurate

this is news to me. Not sure if thats accurate
Why are we at 12.02 on MFL and 12.06 in the "draft thread"

I logged in as commissioner on MFL and poked around a bit to see what the problem was. When the draft was reverted back to 12.02 It left Texans DST on OM's roster instead of putting them back into the player pool.

I removed them from OM's roster and then selected them for jeaton6 at 12.02. I hope this was the right thing to do and gets things going again. I suspect that all players drafted from 12.02 - 13.01 are still on rosters instead of in the player pool, but I haven't confirmed. If a player you are trying to draft is missing than that's where they would be.

Ok draft should now be back on track. I have the texans and everyone else has their players that they took on mfl. I gave old Milwaukee top defense available as he put in prop thread. I had to skip 12.03 thru 12.16 picks since those players were already on rosters. We are now on pick 13.1. Mfl doesn't show those players as having been drafted even though they are on rosters. I will send pm to 13.1 pick.

Users who are viewing this thread