What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** 2013 Oakland Raiders thread *** (1 Viewer)

3 trades in two drafts for McKenzie. Looks like we are still going to be one of the most active draft day trading teams in the league long after the death of Al Davis.

KC screwed us by trading the Barkley pick but I think Wilson is the next best QB after Barkley and Smith. We get another 6th round pick. Looking back what we should have done is traded back up into round 3 and drafted Barkley. We dont need this many 6th round picks. Maybe we use them to trade up and get back into round 5.

KC screwed us by trading the Barkley pick but I think Wilson is the next best QB after Barkley and Smith. We get another 6th round pick. Looking back what we should have done is traded back up into round 3 and drafted Barkley. We dont need this many 6th round picks. Maybe we use them to trade up and get back into round 5.
KC screwed your wish list, not the Raiders.

You can find plenty of people who like Wilson more than Barkley.

So, Flynn can't love seeing another team drafting a quarterback in the middle rounds after his Seattle experience. Can Tyler Wilson possibly be Russel Wilson redux? Don't know if he's considered a pro ready prospect.

So, Flynn can't love seeing another team drafting a quarterback in the middle rounds after his Seattle experience. Can Tyler Wilson possibly be Russel Wilson redux? Don't know if he's considered a pro ready prospect.
No reason why he can't beat out Flynn. They basically have the same amount of experience.Flynn still has to be the odds-on favorite to start the season though.

I hope they use all those 6th rounds picks to bolster the special teams and add some depth. I'm tired of them having horrible punt/kickoff coverage teams.

I love the Tyler Wilson pick. Not only did Reggie trade back to gain another 6th round pick, but he also drafted a QB in the 4th round that was once considered a 1st round QB. The more competition at QB the better as far as I'm concerned.

I love the Tyler Wilson pick. Not only did Reggie trade back to gain another 6th round pick, but he also drafted a QB in the 4th round that was once considered a 1st round QB. The more competition at QB the better as far as I'm concerned.
I guess I don know enough about him, but from what I read his senior season was very average anyone have info on him beyond the NFL.com bio

Stoked on the Wilson pick!!!! i like him much more than overrated turd sandwhich Barkley. i was so scared the Raiders would draft that bum the last two rounds.

in fact, Wilson was the only QB other tban Manuel in this draft that I liked. I can't believe we got him in rd four.

the only thing that would make my day more today is if we somehow find a way to land Jon Franklin.

good job Reg!

I guess I don know enough about him, but from what I read his senior season was very average anyone have info on him beyond the NFL.com bio
I mentioned earlier how Phil Savage (Director of the Senior Bowl) feels about him. Here is what he said after the week ended:

Tyler Wilson, Arkansas: "He demonstrated a good handle on the Detroit Lions' offensive system all week, seemed in control of the huddle and appeared to understand the reads he was being asked to make. Tyler does not have the pure arm talent or size of his predecessor, Ryan Mallett. However, he has substantially more leadership and intangibles and probably better anticipation in delivering the football. He is a potential starter, which may sneak him into the first round, and for sure, no later than the second."

2013 Draft: Pending Palmer contract, are Raiders in on top QBs?

By Jeff Reynolds | NFLDraftScout.com

The best fit in the system might be Arkansas' Tyler Wilson. He showed arm strength and accuracy at the Senior Bowl, aspects some had doubted. Without a second-round pick, the Raiders are unlikely to be in position to draft Wilson. He's like to be drafted between 25-45, and the holes on the roster are too many for GM Reggie McKenzie to part with any of his too few draft picks in 2013.

He played under Petrino, which tells you he had to deal with adversity. After Petrino crashed his harley with three underage hookers strapped to the handlebars (something like that happened), the team fell apart. Wllson got beat up all year, and got nothing but kudos from everyone for being a leader, not complaining, and still producing.

Stoked on the Wilson pick!!!! i like him much more than overrated turd sandwhich Barkley. i was so scared the Raiders would draft that bum the last two rounds. in fact, Wilson was the only QB other tban Manuel in this draft that I liked. I can't believe we got him in rd four. the only thing that would make my day more today is if we somehow find a way to land Jon Franklin. good job Reg!
I'm with you Law. I came in high on Wilson, jaw dropped when we announced the pick. We never take the guys I like.

In reading about the QBs, you read a lot of bad stuff about Barkley, Geno, and Bray. Glennon had some people who loved him, and some who hated him.

Nassib and Wilson got a lot of love.

Hey, look, I don't care if it's Wilson, Flynn, or Pryor. I just want a good QB. Wilson has a chance, and was a great, great risk in the mid-4th. No one would have blinked if a team had taken him in the 2nd. Does it fill a need? Maybe, maybe not.

You can build in more than one way, I know that, but you cannot build without a QB, period.

From things I have heard he was considered a early 1st round pick in the 2012 draft if he had come out early. But Petrino talked him into coming back for his senior year. Then Petrino goes and gets in trouble. So not only did Wilson lose his head coach, but he lost his top 3 receivers and the offensive line for Arkansas was atrocious this year. Wilson was running for his life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Raiders selected Arkansas QB Tyler Wilson with the No. 112 overall pick.
Wilson (6-foot-2 1/8, 215) succeeded Ryan Mallett and started for two seasons, looking like the potential No. 1 overall pick in 2011 before regressing in 2012 as Arkansas' program fell apart. He finished with a career completion rate of 62.6 and a 52:26 TD-to-INT ratio. Wilson's accuracy can be scattershot and his arm strength isn't overwhelming, but he is the toughest pocket passer in this draft and loves to challenge defenses vertically. He's a gunslinger with good mobility. Current Raiders starter Matt Flynn could lose his spot to a rookie named Wilson for the second year in a row.

TE obviously possible but hard to get excited this late. Where we still really need depth is WR, RB, SS, and maybe FS. Draft is still deep at WR and S so I think we see one (or more) of each before we are done. Can use LB depth if we do go with a 3-4 base. Maybe take a project on the DL or OL but better to get skill positions because those are the guys who play special teams.

Users who are viewing this thread