What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Off Season Dynasty Trade Thread (for completed trades) (1 Viewer)

Brees, Colston, 2014 second (non playoff team)

for

Kapernick, Blackmon, 2014 first(from playoff team)

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone seen any recent Ballard trades (post-Bradshaw signing)?

Been offered the Cinci D (may need it - 4th in our league last year) and 2.5 (21st overall - 16 teamer). May also be able to get two seconds - 2.5, 2.6 (21st & 22nd overall) for him... just not sure what the going rate is for the guy.

Been offered the Cinci D (may need it - 4th in our league last year) and 2.5 (21st overall - 16 teamer). May also be able to get two seconds - 2.5, 2.6 (21st & 22nd overall) for him... just not sure what the going rate is for the guy.
the going rate should have been crap before Bradshaw even signed. I see the guy as totally worthless. Take the two 2nds

for

I would think a team with Brees and Colston would generally have a chance to compete, so if this is any kind of rebuild it's a GREAT trade to get Kap, Blackmon, and a 1st.

If you are not rebuilding, it's still a good trade.

for

I would think a team with Brees and Colston would generally have a chance to compete, so if this is any kind of rebuild it's a GREAT trade to get Kap, Blackmon, and a 1st.

They were playoff team the last 3 years in the league, finished 3rd, 4th, and 6th. Aging team and I think they decided to blow it up.

for

They were playoff team the last 3 years in the league, finished 3rd, 4th, and 6th. Aging team and I think they decided to blow it up.
I think the team is better off after this trade. Kaep is a short term downgrade but Blackmon and the 1st are big upgrade over Colston/2nd.

12 team, PPR w/ flex.

Draft day trades:

• Team A gave up Stewart, Jonathan CAR RB; Year 2013 Draft Pick 3.08;Year 2013 Draft Pick 5.12
  • Team B gave up Year 2013 Draft Pick 1.09;Year 2013 Draft Pick 2.09
1.09 was used on Lattimore

• Team D gave up Cobb, Randall GBP WR
  • Team E gave up Year 2013 Draft Pick 1.05;Year 2013 Draft Pick 1.10
1.05 = Montee Ball

1.10 = Robert Woods

for

I think the team is better off after this trade. Kaep is a short term downgrade but Blackmon and the 1st are big upgrade over Colston/2nd.
Well, Blackmon is a big downgrade from Colston this year, also. So this deal downgrades his team in 2013 pretty significantly. Also in 2014 assuming Colston has a couple good years in him.

But......if he is indeed blowing it up, excellent start

12 team, PPR w/ flex.

Draft day trades:

• Team A gave up Stewart, Jonathan CAR RB; Year 2013 Draft Pick 3.08;Year 2013 Draft Pick 5.12
  • Team B gave up Year 2013 Draft Pick 1.09;Year 2013 Draft Pick 2.09
1.09 was used on Lattimore

• Team D gave up Cobb, Randall GBP WR
  • Team E gave up Year 2013 Draft Pick 1.05;Year 2013 Draft Pick 1.10
1.05 = Montee Ball

1.10 = Robert Woods

Love the picks side for J-Stew.

I think someone got ripped off trading away Witten.

Someone sold Cobb cheap (regardless of where you stand on the guy, this is lower than current asking prices for PPR).

Pitta by a mile as I have zero confidence Alexander can stay healthy.

This is one I did.

Gave 1.01

Got 1.03 and 2014 first (non playoff team)

PPR scoring, other team loved Austin, Bernard went second and I took Bell.

for

Well, Blackmon is a big downgrade from Colston this year, also. So this deal downgrades his team in 2013 pretty significantly. Also in 2014 assuming Colston has a couple good years in him.

But......if he is indeed blowing it up, excellent start
I believe he is, he is also shopping Gore, and Steve Smith without much luck. I haven't asked about them but I have a feeling his price is too steep

I believe he is, he is also shopping Gore, and Steve Smith without much luck. I haven't asked about them but I have a feeling his price is too steep
Well, I think the starting point for each of those guys would be a 2014 1st, maybe a couple 2nds.

If I am rebuilding, I would easily deal either guy for ANY 2014 1st or any two future 2nds. Any two 2nds really.

Maybe that is too much for Smith, but not Gore, not with the positional scarcity out there.

Someone may take both in a package for a 2014 1st and 2nd..........which I would also look at doing if I had both Gore and Smth

12 Team PPR QRRWWTKD, Flex plus SuperFlex, TE 1.5

Team Delta gives:

Julio

Big Ben

Britt

Pierce

Team Echo gives:

Cam

David Wilson

Andre Brown

Torrey

Here's an interesting one -

Gave Drew Brees (6pt passing TDs)

Got C.J. Spiller and next year's first round pick.

(caveat: I have Cam Newton on my bench)

This is one I did.

Gave 1.01

Where can I sign up for that deal ?
Seriously. Austin is the new Jermichael Finley.

I took him at 1.03 in a PPR dynasty, but did so only because I'm fine at RB and there wasn't anyone else close to being an immediate WR producer. But to give up next year's first round pick for a 5.7" 170 pound slot receiver? Eeek.

This is one I did.

Gave 1.01

Where can I sign up for that deal ?
Seriously. Austin is the new Jermichael Finley.

I took him at 1.03 in a PPR dynasty, but did so only because I'm fine at RB and there wasn't anyone else close to being an immediate WR producer. But to give up next year's first round pick for a 5.7" 170 pound slot receiver? Eeek.
Yes, he overpaid, but if the owner of the 1.03 really believes in Austin and doesn't care for the other top picks, then giving up a low first next year to move up to get the player he wants would be worth it. And if doesn't acquire him now, he might not get another shot in the future (not agreeing with the trade, but I understand the logic).

Evil G said:
12 Team PPR QRRWWTKD, Flex plus SuperFlex, TE 1.5

Team Delta gives:

Julio

Big Ben

Britt

Pierce

Team Echo gives:

Cam

David Wilson

Andre Brown

Torrey
I'm a big Jones believer, but in a Superflex...I'm taking Newton every time.

Cam>Julio

Wilson>Ben

Torrey Smith>Britt

Pierce>Brown

ETA: The fact this is a 2 WR league only strengthens my belief that Cam wins.

10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 1K 1 D 20 man roster

I am in rebuild mode

Traded: Reggie Bush and Tom Brady

Got: Johnathan Franklin, Reuben Randle, 2014 !st and 2014 2nd. Unfortunately, the draft picks will probably be late in the the round-guessing 9 or 10 in round.

Roster

QB R.Wilson, Locker

RB T Richardson, D Murray, L Miller, G Bernard, J Franklin

WR (ouch for this year) G Jennings, T.Y. Hilton, J Gordon, J Blackmon, V Brown, C Givens, R Randle, Q Patterson

TE V Davis, J Cook

I am in rebuild mode

Got: Johnathan Franklin, Reuben Randle, 2014 !st and 2014 2nd. Unfortunately, the draft picks will probably be late in the the round-guessing 9 or 10 in round.

Roster

QB R.Wilson, Locker

WR (ouch for this year) G Jennings, T.Y. Hilton, J Gordon, J Blackmon, V Brown, C Givens, R Randle, Q Patterson

TE V Davis, J Cook
You got hosed, BADLY.

Edit..............after looking at your team, you didnt even need to rebuild. Deal Bush for a decent WR and you would be fine.

I am in rebuild mode

Roster

QB R.Wilson, Locker

TE V Davis, J Cook
You got hosed, BADLY.

Edit..............after looking at your team, you didnt even need to rebuild. Deal Bush for a decent WR and you would be fine.
Yeah, I agree. It looks like you already rebuilt - Wilson, Richardson, Miller, Bernard, Gordon, Blackmon, and Hilton are some pretty nice young players. You need help at WR, and you maybe could have packaged one of your younger guys and Bush for a pretty decent WR and competed this year pretty well.

12 team, PPR w/ flex.

Agreed. This league has had some bad trades, and this is up there with the worst. Especially since 3rds are such crap shoots in this league and 5ths are worthless and sometimes skipped. Maybe I'm too down on Cameron, but Witten should fetch a lot more.

Two that I (Mario's on Fire) have been in on...

Flying Kamikaze Squirrels gave up Wilson, Russell SEA QB;Smith, Steve CAR WR; Year 2014 Round 3 Draft Pick from Flying Kamikaze Squirrels
Mario's on Fire gave up Cutler, Jay CHI QB;Streater, Rod OAK WR; Year 2014 Round 1 Draft Pick from Mario's on Fire
Wed Jul 17 8:18:14 p.m. CT 2013

Mario's on Fire gave up Alexander, Danario SDC WR; Year 2013 Draft Pick 3.06; Year 2014 Round 2 Draft Pick from Mario's on Fire
Longest Yard Birds gave up Year 2013 Draft Pick 2.01;Year 2013 Draft Pick 4.04
Comments: Draft Day Trade #2
Sat Jun 22 10:20:55 p.m. CT 2013
Edit - Note: I took C. MIchael with the 2.01 this year...

Flying Kamikaze Squirrels gave up Wilson, Russell SEA QB;Smith, Steve CAR WR; Year 2014 Round 3 Draft Pick from Flying Kamikaze Squirrels
Mario's on Fire gave up Cutler, Jay CHI QB;Streater, Rod OAK WR; Year 2014 Round 1 Draft Pick from Mario's on Fire

Mario's on Fire gave up Alexander, Danario SDC WR; Year 2013 Draft Pick 3.06; Year 2014 Round 2 Draft Pick from Mario's on Fire
The first one was a steal for you but in the second one it appears you sold DX for a 4th rounder.

12 team, PPR w/ flex.

Agreed. This league has had some bad trades, and this is up there with the worst. Especially since 3rds are such crap shoots in this league and 5ths are worthless and sometimes skipped. Maybe I'm too down on Cameron, but Witten should fetch a lot more.
I'm high on Cameron but I still think it's too cheap for Witten, should've at least been a 2nd included. On the other hand if Cameron breaks out you might not be able to get him straight up for Witten.

the going rate should have been crap before Bradshaw even signed. I see the guy as totally worthless. Take the two 2nds
Yeah, he was worthless last year. Now with Bradshaw on the pup, he's worth even less.

Yeah, he was worthless last year. Now with Bradshaw on the pup, he's worth even less.
Ballard was 39th in PPG last year. He doesn't really catch the ball, he didn't score TDs, and he was below 4 YPC. He's clearly JAG and will never be someone you can plug in as a starter with any confidence.

I'm also not sure why Bradshaw being placed on the PUP in July has any relevance or is surprising in any way.

Two random seconds for Vick Ballard is great value for him. IMO one random 2nd would be just fine. He's crap.

The first one was a steal for you but in the second one it appears you sold DX for a 4th rounder.
Ya, the draft day deal with DX may be one I look back at and regret (especially with Blackmon and Gordon suspensions), but Michael was one of the best talent backs in the class, and I have the depth to allow time for him to develop. The 5 knee surgeries for DX kept me cool on him, but he was great for the stretch run last year. Not sure about his fit in the McCoy scheme in SD.

I was really pumped about the Wilson deal. I needed a younger stable QB to pair with Romo. Steve Smith should be a good 1 year rental to fill the DX void from the first deal. Seems there is always a DX or Streater to hit the Waivers during the year, and so far, I've got a decent track record of snagging them. My only miss so far was getting beat on Cruz, but we did not have practice squads back then. I'd have stashed him after Year 1 when he was injured in pre-season, if I had a slot to give.

Ballard was 39th in PPG last year. He doesn't really catch the ball, he didn't score TDs, and he was below 4 YPC. He's clearly JAG and will never be someone you can plug in as a starter with any confidence.I'm also not sure why Bradshaw being placed on the PUP in July has any relevance or is surprising in any way.

Two random seconds for Vick Ballard is great value for him. IMO one random 2nd would be just fine. He's crap.
I'm not claiming Ballard is a top 15 guy, but it seems the Colts like him. I watched him in college, and he is pretty good receiver out of the backfield. I'm not saying he will, bu t it wouldn't surprise me if he starts more games and finishes with more points than Bradshaw.

12 team 1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE 1 Flex (RB/WR) 1 DEF 1 K

All TDs 6 points, including passing. PPR is 0.5 for all positions. QBs get 0.125 per completion and are very high scorers in this league.

Gave:

Wes Welker

Received:

Russell Wilson

Lance Moore

The Wilson owner has Rodgers at QB, won it last year and wants to make a run with a squad that is aging (WR core includes Roddy White, Colston and now Welker, TEs are Owen D and Heath Miller)

I have Stafford at QB but I don't love him (this is an orphan team I took over) and I thought this was getting good value for Welker who isn't worth as much in 0.5PPR, especially with the move and his age. I thought Lance Moore was a nice throw in (leaves my WR corps as Calvin J, Amendola, Jennings, Mike Williams TB and Moore).

Fantastic value for Welker, Jon.

Regarding Ballard, I get that he is JAG with questionable long term value, but he isn't crap. Quoting year end stats to show how bad he was is disingenuous, he didn't start until week 7. From week 7 on, he averaged 4.1 ypc behind a mediocre/bad Oline, 80 yards from scrimmage a game, and was an okay fantasy RB2. He is clearly unlikely to be the starter while Bradshaw is healthy, but RBs don't get hurt LESS often as they age, and Bradshaw lasted so long on the market and signed a modest salary for a reason.

I traded Ballard in a 12 team league with 1/2 ppr for WR/TE only. He was my RB6 or worse behind Charles/Rice/Miller/Stewart/Vereen (and maybe Tate and Goodson).

Gave Ballard + R.Jennings

Received 2014 3rd, $30 blind bidding money ($30 would be about equal to a rookie pick in the 24-30 range)

Fantastic value for Welker, Jon.

Regarding Ballard, I get that he is JAG with questionable long term value, but he isn't crap. Quoting year end stats to show how bad he was is disingenuous, he didn't start until week 7. From week 7 on, he averaged 4.1 ypc behind a mediocre/bad Oline, 80 yards from scrimmage a game, and was an okay fantasy RB2. He is clearly unlikely to be the starter while Bradshaw is healthy, but RBs don't get hurt LESS often as they age, and Bradshaw lasted so long on the market and signed a modest salary for a reason.

I traded Ballard in a 12 team league with 1/2 PPR for WR/TE only. He was my RB6 or worse behind Charles/Rice/Miller/Stewart/Vereen (and maybe Tate and Goodson).

Gave Ballard + R.Jennings

Received 2014 3rd, $30 blind bidding money ($30 would be about equal to a rookie pick in

the 24-30 range)
I guess it depends on your definition of crap. You traded Ballard and Jennings for essentially a 3rd each -- that's crap to me, as in most formats rookie 3rds aren't usually a lock to make rosters. Obviously this can vary based on individual teams and league setup. Some leagues I'd pick Ballard up if he hit the WW, some I wouldn't have a guy I'd be willing to cut for him.

Either way 2 2nds for him is a no brainer IMO.

12 team 1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE 1 Flex (RB/WR) 1 DEF 1 K

All TDs 6 points, including passing. PPR is 0.5 for all positions. QBs get 0.125 per completion and are very high scorers in this league.

Gave:

Wes Welker

Received:

Russell Wilson

Lance Moore
Someone needs to update their signature.

Users who are viewing this thread