What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2014 Interboard Challenge League (1 Viewer)

feel like Bass and I will be limping our way to the finish line here....(have no idea how we got to 5 wins, we suck right now).....so you boys need to guide this one in.....glad we kind of held serve and maybe we won't need the big lead we built up, but got a feeling we will use some of it....

feel like Bass and I will be limping our way to the finish line here....(have no idea how we got to 5 wins, we suck right now).....so you boys need to guide this one in.....glad we kind of held serve and maybe we won't need the big lead we built up, but got a feeling we will use some of it....
Typical week for us. Mid 120s. We see our upside when Hilton/Cobb/Gronk score TDs and push us into the 130-140 range. Got a couple of ideas to give us some upside.

Hey, could use some advice...Jennings may be out, so deciding whether to go with a 4th WR (Benjamin) or 2nd RB (Crowell).

Hey, could use some advice...Jennings may be out, so deciding whether to go with a 4th WR (Benjamin) or 2nd RB (Crowell).
Nice options to have. Benjamin if you want upside, Crowell if you want to play it safe.

Speaking of options…Hill, Harvin, Bowe, Baldwin, Welker…pick two (that's why Ref said we're toast). Hopefully we can improve those options on the wire.

BassNBrew said:
Sweet Love said:
Nice options to have. Benjamin if you want upside, Crowell if you want to play it safe.

Speaking of options…Hill, Harvin, Bowe, Baldwin, Welker…pick two (that's why Ref said we're toast). Hopefully we can improve those options on the wire.
Wish you only said pick one...lol...I would go with Hill and whatever is on the WW. If nothing good there, I probably would choose Baldwin.

For the moment I have Rashad Jennings in at RB. But he's a big 'Q' right now. He has a dream matchup though, so I would LOVE for him to play. But my other RBs are Bush, Asiata, CJ2K, and Rainey. Bleh...

BassNBrew said:
Sweet Love said:

Wish you only said pick one...lol...I would go with Hill and whatever is on the WW. If nothing good there, I probably would choose Baldwin.
Hill, Harvin, Bowe, Baldwin, Welker, Bailey, Lee are now the options. Felt Bailey was a great pickup this late in the year but I may be chasing stats. Lee got some great match ups coming up including this

Hill is a no-brainer if you believe in Dodds. Usually a great indicator but I don't see his 14-63-0.4 3-23-0.1. Excluding last week he wasn't getting that many recpts when the job was his alone. 1 TD in the last four games. Trembley is on board too.

Same thing on my side - looking at 2 of Bailey, Baldwin, Harvin, Moncrief, Welker. Thinking Bailey for sure and probably Baldwin, but hashing between him and Moncrief as Wayne looks done.

Lots of NO Def out there. Cam is a train wreck right now and the team has folded. They posted double digit v. Carolina at Charlotte a few weeks ago.

*sigh*

Solid game for most of my team, but nothing special for anyone...nobody could make up for D. Thomas' worst game of the year :(

Stinkin Ref - 4 wins. picks up another with 4 from Cobb and another with 16 from Cobb. Let's say 5

Sweet Love - 6 wins

Ruds - Looking good for 6 wins

Valence - Only 107 pts but has 2 wins with a chance at 3

Gringo - 148 pts and will likely get 3 wins

Rene - 106 pts but has 2 wins locked with an outside shot at 3.

Looking at 24 and 12 for the top their teams. That would be 24 x 3 = 72 pts.

btsw - 2 wins is the most likely outcome but could be between 1-3

sinrman - 0 wins

bro1ncos - 0 wins

Looking at 4 pts from this tier.

old mil - 5 wins

clash - likely 1 win

duckboy - 4 or 5 wins

Looking at 10 pts from this tier

All in all, good week for team FBG.

Only two wins for me, which would suck except that 2 of my 4 losses were to other FBG's. 2-2 against the opps is a good enough record to keep us on track.

Our lead is up to 89 pts now. FFT can max out 138 pts next week. Actually it's a little less as a couple of their teams will be playing each other.

4x3x6 = 72

4x2x6 = 48

2x1x6 = 12

2x.5x6 = 6

Currently 10-2 in playoffs, plus have some really nice matchups next week (Bennett and Jeffrey vs NO, Benjamin vs. Tampa and Forsett vs Jax). Hoping for a strong finish (does this end week 15 or 16?).

Currently 10-2 in playoffs, plus have some really nice matchups next week (Bennett and Jeffrey vs NO, Benjamin vs. Tampa and Forsett vs Jax). Hoping for a strong finish (does this end week 15 or 16?).

6 games this week, 5 games next week.

Newton accident might force me to start Johnny football!!!
we will be taking a look at adding Foles in case R. Wilson gets hurt this week.....if Sanchez ####s the bed this week, they may go back to him and he might be a decent emergency start in week 16 at WAS......

What do you guys think? Start 4:

Boldin vs. SEA

Cooper vs. DAL

AJ Green vs. CLE

Hurns vs. BAL

D Jackson vs. NYG

Landry vs. NE

Royal vs. DEN

Sanders vs. SD

Or pick someone up who is available?

Boldin vs. SEA

Cooper vs. DAL

AJ Green vs. CLE

Hurns vs. BAL

D Jackson vs. NYG

Landry vs. NE

Royal vs. DEN

Sanders vs. SD

Sanders

AJ

Djax if he's playing

Landry

Hurns

Boldin vs. SEA

Cooper vs. DAL

AJ Green vs. CLE

Hurns vs. BAL

D Jackson vs. NYG

Landry vs. NE

Royal vs. DEN

Sanders vs. SD

Sanders

AJ

Djax if he's playing

Landry

Hurns
M. Lee is available too and we may look at trying to snag him this morning.....Bloom commented in his upgrade section that Lee "looked like a #1 WR making tough catches, etc".....I think I also saw somewhere, may have been Bloom again, that BAL secondarsy is a mess right now playing street free agents, etc......with Denard Robinson done for the year, JAX may say screw it and the game plan may be to have Bortles chuck it all day.....

Hogan.....Orton loves this dude, he threw 57 times against DEN and will probably be in a similiar situation this week trying to keep up with GB (if not more since DEN really ran the ball)....we saw what Ryan did to that secondary.....

Sanders and AJ are slam dunks.....after that I think you could draw these other names out of a hat and have just as good of a shot hitting the jackpot as you would by trying to break every little thing down....

at this point in the season I usually lean towards dancing with the ##### that brought me......but this league is a little different, you can take some chances and do stuff outside the box.....we pretty much have this thing wrapped up anyway....not a big fan of DJax, its a mess in WAS and really whats his motivation at this point.....Landry at NE, hmmm, I don't know, that D is playing pretty good, but Landry might be their bright spot...

Sanders

AJ

Hogan

Lee

Landry

Rivera (TE)

Boldin

Djax

Royal

Hurns

Cooper

:2cents:

Not sure if anyone noticed, but when they finally posted updated standings it looked like we expanded our lead yet again. At this point we're pretty much a lock.

Man, it's a good thing we're a lock, because I'm sure not contributing anymore. I go as far as Peyton does, and the last two weeks he's put up paltry numbers. Another sub-100 game that MAY get me a win, or possibly 6 losses.

110 with Ingram to go. Seems like scores in general will be a little lower this week so hopefully I can pick up a few.

I may end up putting up a goose egg this week, with my most realistic shot at a win over Stinkin' Ref. I'd love to say losing Julio hurt me, but Landry ended up getting me 17 points, so I have nothing to complain about...

ETA: I do have Jeffrey and Bennett to go, but am literally 40 points behind the bulk of my competition, and the ones that are closer still have Forte (2 teams) and Bennett (1) to go. So angry, because I was sitting in third place overall.

Last edited by a moderator:
I may end up putting up a goose egg this week, with my most realistic shot at a win over Stinkin' Ref. I'd love to say losing Julio hurt me, but Landry ended up getting me 17 points, so I have nothing to complain about...

ETA: I do have Jeffrey and Bennett to go, but am literally 40 points behind the bulk of my competition, and the ones that are closer still have Forte (2 teams) and Bennett (1) to go. So angry, because I was sitting in third place overall.
Looks like both of us ate the tail pipe. If we win the team competition you can take consolation that you were a huge part of that.

Stinkin Ref - 1 win

Sweet Love - 1 win

Ruds - 5 wins

Valence - 6 wins

Gringo - Last week 148 pts and 3 wins, this week 95 pts and 3 wins.

Rene - 4 wins

20 x 3 = 60 pts

btsw - 1 win

sinrman - 0 wins

bro1ncos - 0 wins

Looking at 2 pts from this tier.

old mil - 4 wins

clash - 6 wins

duckboy - 1 win

Looking at 11 pts from this tier

Going to give back some ground this week. Fortunately not a disaster with the upper tier treading water thanks to Ruds and Valence.

Standings up.

FBG

FFT -100

SO -105

FFT 3x5x4 = 60

FFT 2x5x4 = 40

FFT 2x5x1 = 10

FFT 2x5x.5 = 15

125 possible points for FFT.

We've got at least 11 pts next week based on FBG v. FBG match ups.

FFT has 9 pts tied up in FFT v. FFT matchups.

Two wins in the Championship division out of the 28 non FBG v. FBG matches and we win the title.

Basically we are the Bills, FFT is the Oilers and Frank Reich has a broken throwing arm.

What a disgusting playoff display by me. Thanks for carrying me around like dead weight.

Well played guys. This is an even more enjoyable league the 2nd year and I am looking forward to a 3rd.

Standings up.

FBG

FFT -100

SO -105

FFT 3x5x4 = 60

FFT 2x5x4 = 40

FFT 2x5x1 = 10

FFT 2x5x.5 = 15

125 possible points for FFT.

We've got at least 11 pts next week based on FBG v. FBG match ups.

FFT has 9 pts tied up in FFT v. FFT matchups.

Two wins in the Championship division out of the 28 non FBG v. FBG matches and we win the title.

Basically we are the Bills, FFT is the Oilers and Frank Reich has a broken throwing arm.
Wow I screwed that up. We are the Oilers up 32 pts at halftime. FFT is the Bills. Frank Reich has broken his throwing arm and Steve Christie is left to lead the comeback.

Users who are viewing this thread