What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2014 Oakland Raiders Regular Season Thread (2 Viewers)

He's no Vince Lombardi but I'm fine with Jack. Seems like he molds good men and tough football players. And I promise you we won't be the stupidest team in the league anymore (for the first time in forever).

If hiring JDR means getting Trestman at OC, sign me up. I'm not even opposed to him as-is. He got jobbed in JAX, he didn't have much talent and had horrible, horrible QB's. No one's winning playoff games with what those donkeys gave him.
I said before that Del Rio didn't excite me but out of the names I was hearing he was the one I was most favorable to. However, the news that Del Rio is actively recruiting Trestman DOES get me excited. Trestman is a GREAT OC and I would welcome him back with huge, open, loving arms!

The second best news about this for me is no Shanahan and bringing back that damned ZBS.

Raiders hired Jack Del Rio as head coach.
Del Rio is coming home. The 51-year-old grew up in California as a Raiders fan and went to college at USC. The Raiders seemed to favor experience in their coaching search, and Del Rio has plenty of it. He was the Jaguars' head coach from 2003-2011, leading Jacksonville to two double-digit-win seasons and a playoff win over the Steelers in 2007. He has a tall task at hand with the Raiders. Del Rio has a defensive background, and will have an uber-talented pass rusher in Khalil Mack whom he'll build around. Del Rio is said to be recruiting Marc Trestman to run the Raiders' offense. Ex-Falcons coach Mike Smith is expected to be the DC.

Mike Tice - C - Raiders

NFL Network's Mike Silver reports the Raiders have hired ex-Falcons OL coach Mike Tice for the same position.
There were reports Atlanta denied the Raiders permission to speak to Tice earlier in the week. Tice will reunite with Jack Del Rio, who he previously served under as an assistant head coach in Jacksonville. One of the best offensive line coaches in the league, Tice is an excellent addition to Del Rio's staff.

If hiring JDR means getting Trestman at OC, sign me up. I'm not even opposed to him as-is. He got jobbed in JAX, he didn't have much talent and had horrible, horrible QB's. No one's winning playoff games with what those donkeys gave him.
I said before that Del Rio didn't excite me but out of the names I was hearing he was the one I was most favorable to. However, the news that Del Rio is actively recruiting Trestman DOES get me excited. Trestman is a GREAT OC and I would welcome him back with huge, open, loving arms!

The second best news about this for me is no Shanahan and bringing back that damned ZBS.
Totally agree with the take on Shanny and ZBS. (Although a team should have a mix of run blocking schemes.) Even if they don't land Trestman, the Tice and the other names link to assistant coaching positions clearly illustrate that JDR knows what he is doing in terms of a staff.

Very encouraging thus far.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread