What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**2015 MLB Season Thread: This is how the chapter ends (1 Viewer)

So EASPORTS and the rest of game manufacturers go to great lengths to make games look like live sports. ESPN decides to make live sports look like video game. Smh.

Rockies lineup is pretty ridiculous

Blackmon

CarGo

Tulo

Morneau

Arenado

Dickerson

Catcher Guy

DJ LaMaigfdgdu

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of a lot of 11-10 games ...

Pedroia goes yard already (well, as "yard" as you need to go hitting in Philly or to RF in Yankee Stadium).

What's the record for HR by one team in a season again?

I like the K zone thing quite a bit. you guys are ####### grumpy
I don't mind it, and frankly, I think it's a good idea.

To enjoy watching baseball, I think viewers really need understand and appreciate the pitching. Whether it's a great pitching performance or a struggling pitcher. It's 90% of what you watch. I think the K-Zone will make that a little easier for a new fan. And despite what the whiners say, it's really not intrusive for the fans that don't "need" it. Especially as people get used to it.

That it looks like a video game isn't a bad thing either. There's a whole bunch of kids that currently don't watch MLB, but play the hell out of some MLB The Show.

To enjoy watching baseball, I think viewers really need understand and appreciate the pitching. Whether it's a great pitching performance or a struggling pitcher. It's 90% of what you watch. I think the K-Zone will make that a little easier for a new fan. And despite what the whiners say, it's really not intrusive for the fans that don't "need" it. Especially as people get used to it.

That it looks like a video game isn't a bad thing either. There's a whole bunch of kids that currently don't watch MLB, but play the hell out of some MLB The Show.
Not there's not.

Not there's not.
As the father of a 15 year old, I can tell you that the playing of sports video games outweighs the viewing of actual sporting events at least 10 to 1

Not there's not.
As the father of a 15 year old, I can tell you that the playing of sports video games outweighs the viewing of actual sporting events at least 10 to 1
Yeah, but they're still watching/following the sports games they play.

Not there's not.
No. They really aren't.

:shrug: I've never known anyone who played a baseball video game who didn't watch/follow the league ever. So they just don't know any of the players? Doesn't seem like very much fun.

Not there's not.
No. They really aren't.
To be fair, when I was a kid they didn't follow sports they played either. And we only had Atari, didn't have the internet, and had to call our girlfriends from pay phones. :shrug:

Not there's not.
Obviously, I didn't do a ton of research before making that comment, but I'd assume it's quite true.

Either way, I'd assume MLB, ESPN, and the regional networks want to find ways to get kids that play baseball video games tuning in to watch more baseball. The K-Zone won't be a magic solution, but it's a familiar look to them that might make them a little more interested.

:shrug: I've never known anyone who played a baseball video game who didn't watch/follow the league ever. So they just don't know any of the players? Doesn't seem like very much fun.
You do know that these newfangled video games actually have the real players in them, don't you?

Users who are viewing this thread