What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**2015 MLB Season Thread: This is how the chapter ends (4 Viewers)

Why do the Redskins incur all the wrath but nobody says boo about a big, toothy cartoon Indian being prominently featured on Cleveland's sleeves?

Wait, BJ and Justin Upton got traded from the same team, to the same team in seperare deals? In the same offseason? Crazy.

Rick Porcello 4yr 82.5 mil extension. What the ####?
I thought he might get a deal a little better than Santana got, say 4/$65mm or so.

I like him as a solid middle of the rotation guy for years to come, but that does seem a bit high.
It does seem a bit high. Obviously they are gambling that he becomes a solid 2 this year. And with the market for aces being at 25 million +, 20 million seems about right for a top 25 guy I guess :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought he might get a deal a little better than Santana got, say 4/$65mm or so.

I like him as a solid middle of the rotation guy for years to come, but that does seem a bit high.
It does seem a bit high. Obviously they are gambling that he becomes a solid 2 this year. And with the market for aces being at 25 million +, 20 million seems about right for a top 25 guy I guess :shrug:
For a guy with three favorite teams, you sure are a particularly blind Red Sux homer.

Pitching prices are soaring and I guess I'd rather pay a steep price for potential prime 26-30 years for short term than pay 6-7 years on 30 year olds.

Either way Porcello was gonna get 100M+ anyways this offseason if he got to free agency. Probably wouldn't have been at 20M but you would have been paying for say 6 years of 17M. Think Homer Bailey.

And the top 25 was a hypothetical if he becomes a solid 2 this year.

Reading is hard.
He's not a top 25 guy, that is absolutely ridiculous. He has 1000 innings and a career 1.35 WHIP and had a 5.5 K/9 line last year. Plus now he's in a hitters park on a worse team.

gllllllllllllllllllllllllll

I love that baseball has the country's attention on opening day (until 9:18) and they only prime time game is Astros and Indians.

Baseball's schedule makers do the best drugs.

That's what a figured, pretty much shows what an ignorant :homer: you are. Go ahead and list the other 24 pitchers that are in the top 25, I'll take it from there Galileo.
OK, let me talk slowly.

I said if he makes a leap this year, like the Sox office must be counting on, then he could become a top 25'ish pitcher. I didn ot say he is a top 25 pitcher, or whether I even think he will become one.

And pretty sure you were blowing Ricky in the DET thread all last year good buddy.

I love that baseball has the country's attention on opening day (until 9:18) and they only prime time game is Astros and Indians.

Baseball's schedule makers do the best drugs.
I agree with the point you are making, but I'm glad for it. Fun matchup.

That's what a figured, pretty much shows what an ignorant :homer: you are. Go ahead and list the other 24 pitchers that are in the top 25, I'll take it from there Galileo.
OK, let me talk slowly.

I said if he makes a leap this year, like the Sox office must be counting on, then he could become a top 25'ish pitcher. I didn ot say he is a top 25 pitcher, or whether I even think he will become one.

And pretty sure you were blowing Ricky in the DET thread all last year good buddy.
I like him as a solid middle of the rotation guy for years to come

OK, let me talk slowly.

He doesn't need to be that good to justify the contract.

I like him as a solid middle of the rotation guy for years to come
I think your fellating got a little more serious when he had his 12 wins at the all-star break.

But either way, i agree that he is a nice middle of the rotation guy. Sox seem to think he is a bit better than that. :shrug:

:shrug: I've never known anyone who played a baseball video game who didn't watch/follow the league ever. So they just don't know any of the players? Doesn't seem like very much fun.
You do know that these newfangled video games actually have the real players in them, don't you?
Meaning they don't know the players before they play the game.
What do you think these kids are doing at age 7, playing the video game or scouring the box scores in the newspaper?

OK, let me talk slowly. I said if he makes a leap this year, like the Sox office must be counting on, then he could become a top 25'ish pitcher. I didn ot say he is a top 25 pitcher, or whether I even think he will become one.

pretty sure his annual salary now makes him the tenth highest paid SP in baseball and you dont think he has to be top 25 to justify that salary?

For a guy with three favorite teams, you sure are a particularly blind Red Sux homer.
:confused:

how can you have 3 favorite teams??

I can accept 2 if one is a AL & NL

Moops , seriously?

OK, let me talk slowly. I said if he makes a leap this year, like the Sox office must be counting on, then he could become a top 25'ish pitcher. I didn ot say he is a top 25 pitcher, or whether I even think he will become one.

pretty sure his annual salary now makes him the tenth highest paid SP in baseball and you dont think he has to be top 25 to justify that salary?
It would take about 500 million dollars per season for the players to get the same percentage of revenue as the NFL pays its players. Teams payroll limitations are largely self-imposed to hit certain profit margins. So as long has he's a little better than league average, he's probably worth the deal.

:confused:

how can you have 3 favorite teams??

I can accept 2 if one is a AL & NL

Moops , seriously?
:lmao:

I made a comment like 7 years ago about how I don't have the inbred hatred for the Yankees that every other Red Sox fan seems to have. And how I actually like watching good teams play good baseball. And at that time, the Yanks had a kick-### team.

And now I live in the Twin Cities, so I watch a bunch of ####ty Twins games, so I kinda like them I guess.

So, to me, it would be something like Red Sox >>>>>> Good baseball regardless of teams > entertaining Twins >>>>> ####ty baseball

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread