What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2015 PDSL2 Discussion Thread (2 Viewers)

there's no reason to time out in an MFL draft where you can have the website email you when you are on the clock and set pre-drafts when you are going to be unavailable.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I was faced with my first hard decision in the draft in the fourth: draft Mark Ingram, and have two excellent WRs and two starting RBs (and I knew he would go a pick or two after me), or go for Russell Wilson and the gobs of points he got, without having Graham and the rookie WR they are likely to draft. Honestly, jury is still out on this, as the next three round or so will reveal whether I can properly round out my starters, having taken a QB early (at least for my standards).

Team thus far:

QB - Russell Wilson - SEA

RB - Carlos Hyde - SF

WR - Jody Nelson - GB

WR - Alshon Jeffrey - CHI

SL - I would have taken Wilson at 4.11 had he fallen. Instead I debated for a while between Ben, Ertz, a couple older TEs who are safer bets but could start declining quick, and WRs I didn't really like but kind of need. I don't think there's much of a drop off at WR so the decision really came down to Ben or a TE.

Figured Forte and Anderson are relative safe picks (people may disagree on just how safe Anderson is, but as a RB2 he's fairly safe IMO) and Allen likely hit his floor last year though perhaps he shouldn't be considered a safe WR1 (a very weak WR1 for sure). So I took the TE I think has the most upside of anyone left. Can't say I love this team yet but it's shaping up alright.

QB:
RB1: Forte, Matt CHI RB
RB2: Anderson, C.J. DEN
WR1: Allen, Keenan SDC
WR2:
WR3:
TE: Ertz, Zach PHI
PK:
DEF:

Do we know who is up?

I believe I was a pick or two out (when I auto-drafted last night, forgetting about today's outage), but not sure whether I am up or not.

ETA: Nevermind, just checked my email (Busman sniped me), and I got Torrey Smith. I am PMing Rudnicki now.

Brandon Marshall. I'll change the settings on MFL to send emails.
If only this had been a foreseeable problem and someone had mentioned a solution before someone clocked out....

Speaking of drafting quickly, I highly recommend everyone set up their profile on MFL with a mobile number and enable mobile alerts. That way you get a text message when it is your turn to draft.

Instructions:

1) sign in

2) hover cursor over "for owners"

3) click on "franchise setup" from drop down menu

4) click on "wireless"

5) enter your cell number (and provider, I guess)

6) check box for "when I'm on the clock for my draft"

7) check box for "send validation code"

8) click "save franchise info"

9) receive validation text

10) go back and enter validation code

11) click "save franchise info"

Now we all get alerts and don't need rely on PMs/email. If you really want to be on the ball, you can check the box for "draft status update" which will give you all the picks so you'll know how close it is getting to you. For whatever reason, I seem to recall it would not text you predrafted picks so you'll still need to log in to see those unless they fixed that this year.

I was last to pick. I took Eli manning qb. Jeff p is OTC. Not sure if I recall all the picks recently but I know stafford, tannehill. Matt Ryan were rant qbs gone

Monday 12:00 PM EST

Jeff P. has updated first post in draft thread and it is current.

******Rudnicki took Gates at 5.13

Rudy is OTC and hopefully has been pm'd....if we can confirm pm's inour posts it will help establish times for the clock......thanks.....

5.14 Rudy -
5.15 by_the_sea_wannabe -
5.16 dirtyjay -

Monday 12:00 PM EST

Jeff P. has updated first post in draft thread and it is current.

******Rudnicki took Gates at 5.13

Rudy is OTC and hopefully has been pm'd....if we can confirm pm's inour posts it will help establish times for the clock......thanks.....

5.14 Rudy -
5.15 by_the_sea_wannabe -
5.16 dirtyjay -
I updated the first post in the draft thread and PM'd Rudy right after I picked.

Am I the only person who thinks Wallace does a whole lot better than WR #38? He was #20-25 last year and his situation should be better this year. He was a target of mine before I took Allen but I figured he'd drop like he does in every draft.

I guess the group from Allen-Wallace is a tight twenty (19-38), but I'm pretty happy with him here.

Am I the only person who thinks Wallace does a whole lot better than WR #38? He was #20-25 last year and his situation should be better this year. He was a target of mine before I took Allen but I figured he'd drop like he does in every draft.

I guess the group from Allen-Wallace is a tight twenty (19-38), but I'm pretty happy with him here.
That is very good value, especially in a Survivor league. I am surprised he slipped, and honestly, I fell like the trade dropped him about 15 slots from where he was going just a couple of months back...Tannehill his good, but (1) they got rid of him due to his lack of chemistry with the QB, and (2) Bridgewater is certainly not that big of a downgrade from Tanny.

That is very good value, especially in a Survivor league. I am surprised he slipped, and honestly, I fell like the trade dropped him about 15 slots from where he was going just a couple of months back...Tannehill his good, but (1) they got rid of him due to his lack of chemistry with the QB, and (2) Bridgewater is certainly not that big of a downgrade from Tanny.
I like Tanny (own him in my main league as Cam's backup) but Bridgewater is probably an upgrade for Wallace.

I'm not sure about a whole lot....Wallace seems to have been one of those redraft weekly lineup nightmare kind of guys, but in best ball he is a pretty good option....finished WR20 in this format last year.....

cost my 16 year old daughter a league title last year when he quit in week 17.....and that's exactly what he did......quit....she tweeted him to let him know how she felt.....I thought his post game press conference with Gibson following that game was disgusting, disrespectful in so many ways, and completely unprofessional......no way would he ever be signed by a team I own with that type of mentality.....

but back to football.....CJ seems to be on line for the sweet spot in the WR group there, Patterson disappeared last year but is still around, and Rudolph should be a heavy target in Norv's offense....Wallace may be going from option A to about C or lower....and then there's ADP.....who, as it stands right now (according to Schefter this morning) seems most likely to be back in MIN....(personally I think he ends up elsewhere).....so I don't know, I've heard comparisons about similar numbers to the other WR2's in Norv's offense for whatever thats worth.....I'm not sure this is a good move, not sure it's an upgrade....and part of the reason is I will be waiting for his honeymoon period to end in MIN and for him to start pointing out all the things that are wrong with Bridgewater when he doesn't get the ball enough and his "why take the field if I ain't gonna get the ball" mentality resurfaces.....

he's dead to me if you couldn't tell.........but not necessarily in this format.... :oldunsure:

havent talked about my squad yet. but the draft is falling nicely for me IMO.

QB - Eli Manning, Derrick Carr

RB - Frank Gore, Devonta Freeman

WR - Dez Bryant, Mike Evans, Donte Moncrief

TE - Travis Kelce

QB - Snagged Eli at a good value and wanted a younger upside QB behind him for when Eli throws up a stinker. Carr was almost at 300 points in this format last year as a rookie.

RB- Frank Gore in round 4 is a steal. His ADP will continue to creep. I dont think they take a RB in the draft early. I only took Freeman incase he win the ATL job but thats a prime spot for a good RB to land.

WR - DEZ & Evans- thats a nasty top 2. Got Moncrief with my last pick for his big game scores.

TE - Kelce- snagged him in round 3 in WSL & PDSL. breakout candidate

The draft has really flowed nicely for me, I only got snagged on my target and that was Arian Foster in round 2, but Im not heartbroken about landing the Evans kid from TB

1.09 Jeff Pasquino - Brown, Antonio PIT WR3
2.08 Jeff Pasquino - Arian Foster, HOU, RB9
3.09 Jeff Pasquino - Jordan Matthews, PHI, WR21
4.08 Jeff Pasquino - Alred Morris. WAS, RB19
5.09 Jeff Pasquino - Jay Cutler CHI QB15

6.08 Jeff Pasquino - Jason Witten, DAL TE10
7.09 105. Jeff Pasquino Bradford, Sam PHI QB24
8.08 120. Jeff Pasquino Jackson, Vincent TBB WR42
Time for a recap.

Loved the start with Antonio and Foster, plus I thought Matthews was solid value at WR21 in Round 3.

Decisions had to be made come Rounds 4-7, where Alfred Morris fell to me and I couldn't pass him up. I could have gone QB there, but felt I could get decent value in Rounds 5-7. Got tricky and lost on Eli by one pick, who is a bit more stable (as a starter at least) than Cutler. Got Bradford in Rd7 who I think is a solid QB2 candidate in this format, and he works for some dude named Chip Kelly, which can't be all bad in that offense.

Needed TE help so took "old reliable" Jason Witten. Took him in Rd6 instead of QB2 as I felt value would be there in Rd7, and it was.

VJax felt like a great value all the way in Rd 8 / WR42 as my WR3.

Don't think I would change anything in hindsight, but I went QB in Rd 4 I would have taken Cam and then Rd 5 would probably be Ellington. So comes down to Ellington/Cam vs. Cutler/AMorris. Probably would like the former slightly more, but hindsight is 20/20.

Also wanted J. Cameron but he didn't fall enough - good pick by the sea.

Surprised to see VJax fall as far as he did, even if there are QB ?s in TB.
I was on the cusp of taking him, but chose to go RB...kind of regret that now. I would have been thrilled with either Garcon or VJax as my WR4, and should have gone that way...I took Abdullah, which could bode well for me, but maybe a little early considering we do not know what team he is on. If he goes to my Jets, OK, decent pick. If he ends up in Miami, Buffalo, etc., not so much.

Surprised to see VJax fall as far as he did, even if there are QB ?s in TB.
I was on the cusp of taking him, but chose to go RB...kind of regret that now. I would have been thrilled with either Garcon or VJax as my WR4, and should have gone that way...I took Abdullah, which could bode well for me, but maybe a little early considering we do not know what team he is on. If he goes to my Jets, OK, decent pick. If he ends up in Miami, Buffalo, etc., not so much.
had Wallace been taken, VJax was #2 on my list.

FUBAR said:

Not at all. He was a target for me, but my draft kind of fell apart when Spiller didn't make it to me (I think he went 2 picks before I was going to snag him). He's had rather unfortunate seasons the last two years and still been a WR2. I definitely would've taken him where I took Doug Martin if I had gotten Spiller earlier. He's basically a better version of Torrey Smith. I don't know why things didn't work out with Tannehill and him, but a change of scenery can't hurt much. His main obstacles will be Bridgewater and Norv. Hard to have a lot of faith in either of them, but there's a chance.

One thing to note, Wallace ranks 15th in targets in the last two years. He very well may see a reduced number of targets in Minnesota, ideally offset by more yards per reception.

man I blew it, I drafted Terrance Williams with Dez already in tow. damn
Doesn't seem like a bad idea to me in bb. With the extra 2 picks and other people destined to be crippled by injuries and bye weeks you can overcome that.
completely disagree.....I would suggest panicking and spending the next several rounds trying to recover......
LOL.

yeah I just think it means an WR on bye with Dallas could totally screw me

bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
Stinkin Ref said:
BassNBrew said:
bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
man I blew it, I drafted Terrance Williams with Dez already in tow. damn
Doesn't seem like a bad idea to me in bb. With the extra 2 picks and other people destined to be crippled by injuries and bye weeks you can overcome that.
completely disagree.....I would suggest panicking and spending the next several rounds trying to recover......
LOL.

yeah I just think it means an WR on bye with Dallas could totally screw me
maybe. without knowing schedules it could be risky, but generally I don't mind if one of my backup WRs is behind my #1, especially if he has a good QB.

I think this is the earliest I've taken a rookie before the draft. Coleman has potential (don't they all?) and heart. The kid could be really good and I figured it was time for a risky pick.

I'm in the wrong PDSL! The game plan did not go accordingly in this one...

CJ Spiller sniped in round 4.

All the tight ends (plus Ryan Mathews) went a round or two early by my 10th pick.

Blount sniped in round 11.

Plus, I didn't even really want Doug Martin in round 7.

All the tight ends (plus Ryan Mathews) went a round or two early by my 10th pick.
I was really happy to see the TE run after I took Daniels. Don't know if Daniels was a good pick, but any time a run happens after you take the guy you want, it's a good thing.

Stinkin Ref said:
Daniels may have set the record for quickest/highest climb in ADP in these.
true, a climb of 8-12 rounds depending which draft but it's justifiable.

though Gore's climb from 10th to 4th is arguably more significant. Also justifiable.

Yeldon and Richard Rodgers are the guys who have climbed the most without significant reason (IMO).

Stinkin Ref: Halfway Home:

4.13 Tom Brady QB7 NE

6.13 Carson Palmer QB21 AZ

2.13 Jeremey Hill RB11 CIN

5.04 Todd Gurley RB24 FA

11.04 Reggie Bush RB48 SF

3.04 Julian Edelman WR17 NE

7.04 Kevin White WR38 FA

8.13 Charles Johnson WR46 MIN

10.13 Justin Blackmon WR60 JAC

1.04 Jimmy Graham TE2 SEA

9.04 Coby Fleener TE21 IND

1st: Graham: ton of options at RB and it was them or Graham, not going WR here. I'm not as worried about a decline as others. I think TD's will still be there and be very high. Elite talent, good offense, I think he will find space and targets to still dominate.

2nd: Hill: hate feeling forced into picks but felt it happened here. Seeing ADP, Foster, and CJ falling into the mid second I thought one might drop, they didn't. I still would have taken Hill over Foster, but Hill ended up being the last of the tier for me so I pulled the trigger. Did not consider any other position here but would have if Hill was gone.

3rd: Edelman: felt a little early but I'm not a Watkins, Allen, Marshall (in NYJ) fan, etc. I briefly considered Jordan Mathews but not sure about Bradford or even if it will be Bradford and while the assumption is usually when so and so leaves town, the next man up reaps the benefits....I'm not so sure, in PHI it's Mathews and Cooper and whatever, not sure Maclin leaving was a good thing. Mathews also had a little fire/ice in him depending on the QB, so wasn't sure what that was going to look like. All of the other WR's I considered here seemed to have something that made me pause. Not so with Edelman so he was the pick. Usually ends up hanging with the more sexy names. Felt like TE was actually the value pick here.

4th: Brady: big fan of Brady in these and was targeting him again so he's on another one of my teams. Not much else to say.

5th: Gurley: venturing outside my bubble here as I don't normally take rooks. Hit or miss pick early but could end up being solid.

6th: Palmer: for fantasy purposes I was a little surprised to see some other QB's go before him. Palmer was pretty solid fantasy wise when he played last year. I n the 5 full games he played he averaged over 27 points a game which would have had him hanging around QB5-6. They have weapons and like to throw the ball downfield. Almost the perfect QB2 in best ball league with a steady stud like Brady. Liked this pick as he has potential to post some monster weeks and could score for me more than I think. Might have taken Michael Floyd here if he fell. Palmer should easily outplay QB21....easily.

7th: White: I'm on tilt, another rook. Beast type skills some think best in class, rollin the dice for some upside here as I don't love the firepower on this team.

8th: Johnson: took a few steps last year and hoping that continues, never a big fan of the passing game in MIN but where CJ will be playing generally sees a lot of targets. Decided to go young here and pass on Smith Sr. and Boldin. I own Harvin in some other leagues and like him in best ball but wanted a little more consistency here.

9th: Fleener: I had Colston or Knile Davis penciled in here but I did one last check of the other positions and felt Fleener was sticking out like a sore thumb. With 3 WR's in tow and seeing how some value at WR was falling in the other PDSL I thought now was a good time to lock up a solid TE2. Little surprised Fleener still around in this format in round 9 considering it;s 2 PPR. I know many think his numbers last year will be compromised by Allen being around all year, Johnson, etc, but I have a feeling Fleener emerges as the TE to own in IND and becomes more of an every down guy. 51 receptions last year and 8 TD's, and I don't expect much regression. Could be solid in middle of field and Luck likes him. Elite passing game makes him a decent TE2 in this format. Depening on what personnel that employ, he should be on field a bunch. I have him rated higher than Allen by quite a bit. Felt I gave ninja a hall pass here as I really like Davis with some stand alone value in these and I almost took him cause I knew ninja would use one of his next two picks on him and sure enough Davis made t all the way back in the next round and ninja snagged him right before my pick. Kudos to ninja for perfect gambling execution there although I think you got lucky somebody didn't snag him in the 10th before you.

10th: Blackmon: my favorite pick of the draft and a guy I was targeting the whole way. I think he is back, and as soon as he is, his ADP will skyrocket, not Owen Daniels skyroket, but skyrocket. Kind of pick that can win you a league. Dude is a beast when he is on the field and there really is no argument to that. In the 10th round, it's worth the dice roll to get top 10 type WR talent. He will be on many of my teams (which he is) at this price.

11th: Bush: never been a big Reggie Bush fan but there may be some points here as Hyde's backup and the guy on third down or 2 min/4 min stuff. Should see some touches and the path to playing time might be a little easier than it was in DET. Should have some in the tank still in PPR. Decent RB3 in this format.

Overall: doesn't look like many of my teams and maybe that's why I am not too stoked. Gurley, White, Blackmon could swing it one way or the other. Doesn't feel like a ton of flash or firepower as it stands now, but got my eye on a few to add some pop.

:banned:

Stinkin Ref: Halfway Home:

4.13 Tom Brady QB7 NE

6.13 Carson Palmer QB21 AZ

2.13 Jeremey Hill RB11 CIN

5.04 Todd Gurley RB24 FA

11.04 Reggie Bush RB48 SF

3.04 Julian Edelman WR17 NE

7.04 Kevin White WR38 FA

8.13 Charles Johnson WR46 MIN

10.13 Justin Blackmon WR60 JAC

1.04 Jimmy Graham TE2 SEA

9.04 Coby Fleener TE21 IND

1st: Graham: ton of options at RB and it was them or Graham, not going WR here. I'm not as worried about a decline as others. I think TD's will still be there and be very high. Elite talent, good offense, I think he will find space and targets to still dominate.

2nd: Hill: hate feeling forced into picks but felt it happened here. Seeing ADP, Foster, and CJ falling into the mid second I thought one might drop, they didn't. I still would have taken Hill over Foster, but Hill ended up being the last of the tier for me so I pulled the trigger. Did not consider any other position here but would have if Hill was gone.

3rd: Edelman: felt a little early but I'm not a Watkins, Allen, Marshall (in NYJ) fan, etc. I briefly considered Jordan Mathews but not sure about Bradford or even if it will be Bradford and while the assumption is usually when so and so leaves town, the next man up reaps the benefits....I'm not so sure, in PHI it's Mathews and Cooper and whatever, not sure Maclin leaving was a good thing. Mathews also had a little fire/ice in him depending on the QB, so wasn't sure what that was going to look like. All of the other WR's I considered here seemed to have something that made me pause. Not so with Edelman so he was the pick. Usually ends up hanging with the more sexy names. Felt like TE was actually the value pick here.

4th: Brady: big fan of Brady in these and was targeting him again so he's on another one of my teams. Not much else to say.

5th: Gurley: venturing outside my bubble here as I don't normally take rooks. Hit or miss pick early but could end up being solid.

6th: Palmer: for fantasy purposes I was a little surprised to see some other QB's go before him. Palmer was pretty solid fantasy wise when he played last year. I n the 5 full games he played he averaged over 27 points a game which would have had him hanging around QB5-6. They have weapons and like to throw the ball downfield. Almost the perfect QB2 in best ball league with a steady stud like Brady. Liked this pick as he has potential to post some monster weeks and could score for me more than I think. Might have taken Michael Floyd here if he fell. Palmer should easily outplay QB21....easily.

7th: White: I'm on tilt, another rook. Beast type skills some think best in class, rollin the dice for some upside here as I don't love the firepower on this team.

8th: Johnson: took a few steps last year and hoping that continues, never a big fan of the passing game in MIN but where CJ will be playing generally sees a lot of targets. Decided to go young here and pass on Smith Sr. and Boldin. I own Harvin in some other leagues and like him in best ball but wanted a little more consistency here.

9th: Fleener: I had Colston or Knile Davis penciled in here but I did one last check of the other positions and felt Fleener was sticking out like a sore thumb. With 3 WR's in tow and seeing how some value at WR was falling in the other PDSL I thought now was a good time to lock up a solid TE2. Little surprised Fleener still around in this format in round 9 considering it;s 2 PPR. I know many think his numbers last year will be compromised by Allen being around all year, Johnson, etc, but I have a feeling Fleener emerges as the TE to own in IND and becomes more of an every down guy. 51 receptions last year and 8 TD's, and I don't expect much regression. Could be solid in middle of field and Luck likes him. Elite passing game makes him a decent TE2 in this format. Depening on what personnel that employ, he should be on field a bunch. I have him rated higher than Allen by quite a bit. Felt I gave ninja a hall pass here as I really like Davis with some stand alone value in these and I almost took him cause I knew ninja would use one of his next two picks on him and sure enough Davis made t all the way back in the next round and ninja snagged him right before my pick. Kudos to ninja for perfect gambling execution there although I think you got lucky somebody didn't snag him in the 10th before you.

10th: Blackmon: my favorite pick of the draft and a guy I was targeting the whole way. I think he is back, and as soon as he is, his ADP will skyrocket, not Owen Daniels skyroket, but skyrocket. Kind of pick that can win you a league. Dude is a beast when he is on the field and there really is no argument to that. In the 10th round, it's worth the dice roll to get top 10 type WR talent. He will be on many of my teams (which he is) at this price.

11th: Bush: never been a big Reggie Bush fan but there may be some points here as Hyde's backup and the guy on third down or 2 min/4 min stuff. Should see some touches and the path to playing time might be a little easier than it was in DET. Should have some in the tank still in PPR. Decent RB3 in this format.

Overall: doesn't look like many of my teams and maybe that's why I am not too stoked. Gurley, White, Blackmon could swing it one way or the other. Doesn't feel like a ton of flash or firepower as it stands now, but got my eye on a few to add some pop.

:banned:
I think you got a bum draft spot. I probably would have taken Sanders at two and see who of Hill, Mason, Millar slips back to me at 3. In the 4th I would have taken Edelman or Brady. The means Gurley in the 5th.

Fleener was a wasted pick if you believe in Graham at 1.4

Could have been thru 10

QB: Brady, Palmer

RB: Mason, Gurley, Robinson or Blount

WR: Sanders, Harvin, White, Colston or Williams

TE: Graham

I think you got a bum draft spot. I probably would have taken Sanders at two and see who of Hill, Mason, Millar slips back to me at 3. In the 4th I would have taken Edelman or Brady. The means Gurley in the 5th.

Could have been thru 10

agree about the draft spot, I hated it, would much rather be at the bottom of the drafts this year.....

I value Hill much higher than Mason so that changes things right away in the second, he don't survive the turn.....I still got Gurley......intentionally passed on Denard several times as I don't think he is primary this year so he won't be on many any of my teams....happy with Bush at RB3....gonna call push at WR with bump my direction when Blackmon cleared to play which means Edelman/Blackmon>Sanders/Harvin....not sure Edelman makes it to 4.13 in this particular draft.....and I'll take MIN Johnson over Colston or Williams.....Fleener solid TE2 when needed and I'm not so stubborn to think I may not need him to cover Graham on occasion....I hate the area of the draft I am in as many picks have felt like either settling or a reach....it all started when I took Graham...

What makes people think blackmons coming back?? And that he will be effective after 2 years off???
:unsure: most things I've seen seem pretty optimistic that he will be reinstated.....positive reports about what he has done in program....haven't heard anything negative which is.....well....positive....only 25....uber talented.....last game he played was week 8 in 2013 so it's not "really" two years off.....we've seen guys miss significant time before and be fine......injury not reason for missing time....who knows....what we do know is that talent wise he becomes JAC WR1 immediatley if reinstated......

Could have been thru 10

agree about the draft spot, I hated it, would much rather be at the bottom of the drafts this year.....

I value Hill much higher than Mason so that changes things right away in the second, he don't survive the turn.....I still got Gurley......intentionally passed on Denard several times as I don't think he is primary this year so he won't be on many any of my teams....happy with Bush at RB3....gonna call push at WR with bump my direction when Blackmon cleared to play which means Edelman/Blackmon>Sanders/Harvin....not sure Edelman makes it to 4.13 in this particular draft.....and I'll take MIN Johnson over Colston or Williams.....Fleener solid TE2 when needed and I'm not so stubborn to think I may not need him to cover Graham on occasion....I hate the area of the draft I am in as many picks have felt like either settling or a reach....it all started when I took Graham...
What's your opinion on Sanders? He threw up so stupid huge weeks last year. In this format I have Sanders > Edelman by more of a margin than the drop from Hill to next tier. Hill was big for us last year but something tells me he disappoints this year.

What makes people think blackmons coming back?? And that he will be effective after 2 years off???
:unsure: most things I've seen seem pretty optimistic that he will be reinstated.....positive reports about what he has done in program....haven't heard anything negative which is.....well....positive....only 25....uber talented.....last game he played was week 8 in 2013 so it's not "really" two years off.....we've seen guys miss significant time before and be fine......injury not reason for missing time....who knows....what we do know is that talent wise he becomes JAC WR1 immediatley if reinstated......
Every time I draft one of these guys I get horse ####ed. May you have better luck.

1.09 Jeff Pasquino - Brown, Antonio PIT WR3
2.08 Jeff Pasquino - Arian Foster, HOU, RB9
3.09 Jeff Pasquino - Jordan Matthews, PHI, WR21
4.08 Jeff Pasquino - Alred Morris. WAS, RB19
5.09 Jeff Pasquino - Jay Cutler CHI QB15

6.08 Jeff Pasquino - Jason Witten, DAL TE10
7.09 105. Jeff Pasquino Bradford, Sam PHI QB24
8.08 120. Jeff Pasquino Jackson, Vincent TBB WR42
Time for a recap.

Loved the start with Antonio and Foster, plus I thought Matthews was solid value at WR21 in Round 3.

Decisions had to be made come Rounds 4-7, where Alfred Morris fell to me and I couldn't pass him up. I could have gone QB there, but felt I could get decent value in Rounds 5-7. Got tricky and lost on Eli by one pick, who is a bit more stable (as a starter at least) than Cutler. Got Bradford in Rd7 who I think is a solid QB2 candidate in this format, and he works for some dude named Chip Kelly, which can't be all bad in that offense.

Needed TE help so took "old reliable" Jason Witten. Took him in Rd6 instead of QB2 as I felt value would be there in Rd7, and it was.

VJax felt like a great value all the way in Rd 8 / WR42 as my WR3.

Don't think I would change anything in hindsight, but I went QB in Rd 4 I would have taken Cam and then Rd 5 would probably be Ellington. So comes down to Ellington/Cam vs. Cutler/AMorris. Probably would like the former slightly more, but hindsight is 20/20.

Also wanted J. Cameron but he didn't fall enough - good pick by the sea.
Updates
9.09 137. Jeff Pasquino Miller, Heath PIT TE23
10.08 152. Jeff Pasquino Royal, Eddie CHI WR58
11.09 169. Jeff Pasquino Sproles, Darren PHI RB50
12.08 184. Jeff Pasquino Wilson, Marquess CHI WR66
13.09 201. Jeff Pasquino Patriots, New England NEP D/ST6
14.08 216. Jeff Pasquino Sturgis, Caleb MIA PK17

Nothing sexy here. Solid TE2. WR4/5 both from CHI (plus with Cutler) and now I have a guy who finds a way to find the EZ (Royal) and the projected starter outside (M. Wilson).

Sproles was a solid pick but was hoping for Branden Oliver (who might start? or Reggie Bush perhaps

NE is always a very steady D/ST option.

Waited a bit for PK, but Sturgis should be just fine as a PK1.

Could have been thru 10

What's your opinion on Sanders? He threw up so stupid huge weeks last year. In this format I have Sanders > Edelman by more of a margin than the drop from Hill to next tier. Hill was big for us last year but something tells me he disappoints this year.
love me some Sanders.....but really like Hill significantly more than Miller, Forsett, Mason who all went at the turn and I am sure HIll would have gone before all of them on that turn.....and quite honestly, there is a chance that NONE of them make it back to me after the turn if I pass on RB in the second.....didn't want to take that chance.....

Sanders could have a huge year but felt I had to go RB and then WR after the turn.....and yeah I would have rather had Sanders than Edelman.....but I disagree about the dropoff after Hill, think it's a little bigger.....not sure how the slot (sanders) will perform in Kubiak's system but we'll see.....Cecil Lamey is a little down on Latimer currently (except for TD potential)....thinks he may only be in the 25-30 reception area, which should bode well for Thomas/Sanders....

sweet spot in these is second half of draft IMO......later the better

Users who are viewing this thread