What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*--* 2015 Seattle Seahawks Thread *--* (1 Viewer)

I am a big Newton fan, I think he's a great football player and generally underrated. But I can't help but like our guy better, especially in games where the rest of the team is locked in and clicking.
I'm not a big fan of Newton, and it has to do with character issues. When he celebrates, he's celebrating himself as opposed to the team. There's a selfish nature there that I can't ignore. He's like the anti-Wilson that's all about the team and it shines through in pressure moments. I expect an opposite effect from Newton in a pressure situation. No denying he's he's a mega talent and freakish combination of athleticism and size, but when the chips are down I doubt his ability to lead. Perhaps I'm wrong and he's maturing. Time will tell.

Doctor Detroit said:
I also may be in the minority, but I think this is the best defense they have ever had. The defensive line is much better than it was the past two year and our linebackers are just so disciplined, athletic, and technically sound. The secondary isn't as good as it was two years ago because it's not as deep, but it's still the best unit in the league outside Arizona IMO.
Have to disagree here. The collection of DBs the super bowl team had on it was crazy deep and included a more effective pass rush (7 more sacks) that created more turnovers (14 more INT). I guess those numbers are somewhat arbitrary. Turnovers can be sporadic. Agree that Avril and Bennett certainly have done a great job with the speed rush, but it doesn't feel like they've got the same penetration consistently up the gut this year. Had high hopes for Hill, but his injury status all year was disappointing.

Doctor Detroit said:
I also may be in the minority, but I think this is the best defense they have ever had. The defensive line is much better than it was the past two year and our linebackers are just so disciplined, athletic, and technically sound. The secondary isn't as good as it was two years ago because it's not as deep, but it's still the best unit in the league outside Arizona IMO.
I want to agree with this, but I really feel like Wagner hasn't played to his usual level this season. OTOH hand, KJ Wright played like a Pro Bowler and should have gotten some serious consideration as an All Pro. What really swings it to the 2013 (and likely 2014) team for me though is the secondary. Sherman is the only player that played remotely close to as well as in the previous seasons. Earl was very good overall, but rarely great. Kam hasn't looked like the same player since before the Super Bowl. It's not just the inability to cover TE's and the communication issues due to his holdout, it's his tackling. I've seen him being driven backward at least as often as he has driven RB's and TE's the other way, miss wrapping up and getting the stop at the second level and, most troubling: when is the last time you saw a signature Kam Chancellor bone-crushing hit with his trademarked Kam Hammer Dance? I honestly can't remember. Kam just isn't Kam this season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding Marshawn. I know his thing is doing his own thing. Not doing interviews, not letting the team know what's up with his rehab, etc.

That #### needs to stop this week. He needs to let them know what's going on before Friday before the bus heads to the airport. If he thinks he's 50/50 then he needs to let Carroll know today. Really hope he plays, if he can't it's because he's hurt that goes without saying, but this no communication thing has to end.

Regarding Marshawn. I know his thing is doing his own thing. Not doing interviews, not letting the team know what's up with his rehab, etc.

That #### needs to stop this week. He needs to let them know what's going on before Friday before the bus heads to the airport. If he thinks he's 50/50 then he needs to let Carroll know today. Really hope he plays, if he can't it's because he's hurt that goes without saying, but this no communication thing has to end.
I don't think its a question of him being able to go physically. It appears to be a mental and/or emotional thing. He's had plenty of time to heal and has done his rehab exactly how he wanted to. He might think he will somehow be able to use this as a negotiating tactic to leverage more money if the team wants him back next season, but that ship has sailed.

You must listen to 710am.

Glad the Seahawks got so lucky in this one. I want nothing more for them to come to AZ for the NFC Championship game. Cards need to put a beating on them one more time to show who owns the divisoin for good now.
Wouldn't the Cards have had to put a beating on them at some point in order to do it "one more time"
Go rewatch the game in Seattle from earlier in the year. It was a beatdown.

Glad the Seahawks got so lucky in this one. I want nothing more for them to come to AZ for the NFC Championship game. Cards need to put a beating on them one more time to show who owns the divisoin for good now.
Wouldn't the Cards have had to put a beating on them at some point in order to do it "one more time"
You might want to rewatch that game from two weeks ago. I know the ARI fans want to say they didn't have anything to play for or that they weren't trying. Yeah, right.

You might want to rewatch that game from two weeks ago. I know the ARI fans want to say they didn't have anything to play for or that they weren't trying. Yeah, right.
How many deep passes or bunch sets did they use? How many blitzes did they run on D? Vanilla was what they did that day.

None of that really matters now anyhow, nor does the offensive whooping the Cards gave Seattle earlier in the year

:lol: I heard about 10 minutes of 950 this morning and Mitch was going down this road I'm pretty sure. Was Brock or Salk taking this angle? I'd think it will be a pretty common theme from everyone. Hard to argue and even though Lynch is going to be a legend in Seattle sports history,

I don't think its a question of him being able to go physically. It appears to be a mental and/or emotional thing. He's had plenty of time to heal and has done his rehab exactly how he wanted to.He might think he will somehow be able to use this as a negotiating tactic to leverage more money if the team wants him back next season, but that ship has sailed.
Totally get this. He just needs to let them know this week. Could be completely wrong but it sounded like Carroll was completely caught off guard on Friday.

I don't think its a question of him being able to go physically. It appears to be a mental and/or emotional thing. He's had plenty of time to heal and has done his rehab exactly how he wanted to.He might think he will somehow be able to use this as a negotiating tactic to leverage more money if the team wants him back next season, but that ship has sailed.
Totally get this. He just needs to let them know this week. Could be completely wrong but it sounded like Carroll was completely caught off guard on Friday.
Yes, I think Carroll was put in a very bad spot.

I thought ARI played a better game in several aspects, but Seattle had the lead at one point in the fourth quarter. Not sure that qualifies as a "beat down".

Fate still favoring the Seahawks I see. It must be a glorious time to be a fan.
I guess, but I've seen my ups and downs just like a fan of any other team. The 1992 Seahawk offense might have been the worst in the history of the league. That wasn't a glorious time to be a Seahawk fan. I don't know. Probably easier for me than most. I tend to separate my emotions from being a fan. I enjoy the NFL much more from an analytical standpoint. Yes, my friends often think I'm part Vulcan.

I guess, but I've seen my ups and downs just like a fan of any other team. The 1992 Seahawk offense might have been the worst in the history of the league. That wasn't a glorious time to be a Seahawk fan. I don't know. Probably easier for me than most. I tend to separate my emotions from being a fan. I enjoy the NFL much more from an analytical standpoint. Yes, my friends often think I'm part Vulcan.
It was a lot of fun in 92 to watch Cortez Kennedy that year. But yeah, I don't separate emotions/fandom because I think there are higher highs to be had when you're emotionally invested. Not that I'm saying "you're doing it wrong" just that it works for me that way.

It is well-known that Palmer and others were going to sit the second half no matter what was happening in the game. So yes, it's true that they didn't have a full game plan in. But, I agree neither game really matters at this point. The playoffs are a whole different deal.

Word on the street is the Panthers are wearing their white road jerseys at home this week. Thats a bad choice imo..... when Cam ####s himself Sunday its really going to stain.

:lol: I heard about 10 minutes of 950 this morning and Mitch was going down this road I'm pretty sure. Was Brock or Salk taking this angle? I'd think it will be a pretty common theme from everyone. Hard to argue and even though Lynch is going to be a legend in Seattle sports history,
Yeah....they were going down that same road. Funny.

Hopefully not that part that only desires to mate every seven years or so. That would suck.

It is well-known that Palmer and others were going to sit the second half no matter what was happening in the game. So yes, it's true that they didn't have a full game plan in. But, I agree neither game really matters at this point. The playoffs are a whole different deal.
You guys had the chance to get HFA so no, the plan wasn't to sit starters in the second half. It was likely that the Panthers would win, but not a guarantee. Your only lying to yourself with that ridiculous narrative.

Hooper31 said:
Doctor Detroit said:
I am a big Newton fan, I think he's a great football player and generally underrated. But I can't help but like our guy better, especially in games where the rest of the team is locked in and clicking.
I'm not a big fan of Newton, and it has to do with character issues. When he celebrates, he's celebrating himself as opposed to the team. There's a selfish nature there that I can't ignore. He's like the anti-Wilson that's all about the team and it shines through in pressure moments. I expect an opposite effect from Newton in a pressure situation. No denying he's he's a mega talent and freakish combination of athleticism and size, but when the chips are down I doubt his ability to lead. Perhaps I'm wrong and he's maturing. Time will tell.
So you didn't think the chips were down in Seattle this year when Cam led the Panthers back in the 4th quarter for a win? Weird. Cam has led the Panthers back in a few games this year. He has matured a lot too in the last two years. I don't think he is celebrating himself either when he celebrates. He is having fun, and he is a big team player. He's the anti-Wilson? :lmao:

So you didn't think the chips were down in Seattle this year when Cam led the Panthers back in the 4th quarter for a win? Weird. Cam has led the Panthers back in a few games this year. He has matured a lot too in the last two years. I don't think he is celebrating himself either when he celebrates. He is having fun, and he is a big team player. He's the anti-Wilson? :lmao:
You're right. Anti-Wilson is way too strong. And don't get me wrong. I would like to root for the guy, but his preening and self glorification are too much for me to respect.

Adversity shows up for all players eventually. Not some of them. All of them. How will they respond? IMO character determines this. I'm hopeful that Cam will respond well, but until he does I'll continue to doubt him. IMO down by less than 7 points in a fourth quarter isn't the sort of adversity I have in mind. When he's down 20 points in a game or his teammates start to drop like flies due to injury is the sort of adversity I'm thinking of. Maybe a few crushing loses in a row. Will he pout, or will he rally and lift his teammates up? Right now he's on top. He's playing well. The adversity comes to all players eventually. We'll see.

Hooper31 said:
Doctor Detroit said:
Oh stop being an old fart. He celebrates then seeks out a kid to give every ball to. People think Sherman has "character issues" also, and we all know his character is among the best of any professional athlete. Newton is just adding some theater to the game, just like Sherman does. I have no issue with it at all.

Oh stop being an old fart. He celebrates then seeks out a kid to give every ball to. People think Sherman has "character issues" also, and we all know his character is among the best of any professional athlete. Newton is just adding some theater to the game, just like Sherman does. I have no issue with it at all.
Not sure if anyone else is noticing this, but Sherman is on the sideline cheering the offense a lot. I like that he's taking responsibility for the play of the entire team. Sort of has a Ray Lewis leadership quality to it.

No more JV teams left to play. Going to be a two great NFC games this weekend. So much more fun than fantasy football.

You guys had the chance to get HFA so no, the plan wasn't to sit starters in the second half. It was likely that the Panthers would win, but not a guarantee. Your only lying to yourself with that ridiculous narrative.
Okay. Keep telling yourself that. After having a real chance last year but losing half the team to injury, the number 1 goal was to come out of that last game healthy. Face it. The Cards own this division now. 9-1 last year before Carson got hurt. Won it going away this year. Seahawks are so 2014.

I thought ARI played a better game in several aspects, but Seattle had the lead at one point in the fourth quarter. Not sure that qualifies as a "beat down".
:goodposting:

That was my immediate reaction when I read his post.
For a big game, in Seattle, I'll go ahead and qualify any win as a "beatdown."
Sure, why bother being accurate?

Okay. Keep telling yourself that. After having a real chance last year but losing half the team to injury, the number 1 goal was to come out of that last game healthy. Face it. The Cards own this division now. 9-1 last year before Carson got hurt. Won it going away this year. Seahawks are so 2014.
Trolling aside, how long do you think Carson's got?

Trolling aside, how long do you think Carson's got?
One more good year, maybe two. If the Cards don't get a good young qb soon they will be in trouble.

:goodposting:

That was my immediate reaction when I read his post.
For a big game, in Seattle, I'll go ahead and qualify any win as a "beatdown."
Sure, why bother being accurate?
It was sort of supposed to be a compliment to Seattle. Wins are hard to come by in Seattle.

Hooper31 said:
Doctor Detroit said:
Newton is fake. Reminds me of A-Rod.... The baseball one. Although the football one is full of doosh as well.

kutta said:
Okay. Keep telling yourself that. After having a real chance last year but losing half the team to injury, the number 1 goal was to come out of that last game healthy.Face it. The Cards own this division now. 9-1 last year before Carson got hurt. Won it going away this year. Seahawks are so 2014.
You're so bad at this.

proninja said:
You'll have to excuse kutta, he's new at this whole trolling Seahawks threads thing. With a little luck he'll get better before Palmer is put out to pasture.
I sure hope so.Maybe I'll just wait until the Seahawks are out of it...

Chris Cooley is a pretty good football mind, maybe the only on on DC sportstalk. Problem is he is on Redskins broadcasts and he only knows the Skins and the teams they played.

So they had a segment today talking about the 8 remaining QBs, who you wanted now and who you wanted next year and beyond.

Cooley had Wilson 6th for beyond this year, and 5th for this year. He had Carson Palmer 2nd for next year (behind Rodgers) and 1st for this year. :lmao:

Terrible.

I rank them for this year: Brady, Newton, Wilson, Palmer, Rodgers, Smith, Raper (injuries), Manning

Next year and beyond: Rodgers, Wilson, Newton, Brady, Raper, Palmer, Smith, Manning

Denver could win the SB this year but I doubt Manning will have much to do with it (Dilfer :hey: )

Chris Cooley is a pretty good football mind, maybe the only on on DC sportstalk. Problem is he is on Redskins broadcasts and he only knows the Skins and the teams they played.

So they had a segment today talking about the 8 remaining QBs, who you wanted now and who you wanted next year and beyond.

Cooley had Wilson 6th for beyond this year, and 5th for this year. He had Carson Palmer 2nd for next year (behind Rodgers) and 1st for this year. :lmao:

Terrible.

I rank them for this year: Brady, Newton, Wilson, Palmer, Rodgers, Smith, Raper (injuries), Manning

Next year and beyond: Rodgers, Wilson, Newton, Brady, Raper, Palmer, Smith, Manning

Denver could win the SB this year but I doubt Manning will have much to do with it (Dilfer :hey: )
This Chris Cooley fellow sounds like he really knows his stuff.

710's been playing clips of Carolina sportstalk radio and I'd be lying if I said it didn't have me fired up. I've more or less always pitied the Panthers because of how they feign greatness but never win anything meaningful, now I just want to see the Seahawks #### them up by 20+.

Go hawks :thumbup:

2015 Strength of Schedule Seattle .559 Ranked 4th On the road .598. Ranked 1st.

2015 Strength of Schedule Carolina .434 Ranked 27th On the road ..391 . Ranked 31st.

Which team has been battle tested this year?

Users who are viewing this thread