What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2016 Chicago Bears Thread (2 Viewers)

Reported that the Bears are working with Bennett's agent to find a trade partner.  I hate this, I think he can still be a huge part of our offense, and that he's one of the reasonably few compete tight ends in the league.  We'll end up with a HUGE hole, that even if we re-sign Miller is no where near filled, and whoopty f-n doo, another 6th round pick.

I was for getting rid of Marshall last year, so maybe I'm a hypocrite on this, but I just don't think Bennett's the team a locker room issue that Marshall was.

Bennett has been increasingly unhappy over the past season.  He dogged it a few times out there.  If they can get a 4th or 5th for him and then sign a guy like Dwayne Allen,  I'd be cool with it. 

Bennett has been a huge pain in the ### for the Bears and had one great season with them which just happened to be the Bear's worst season in year's.  It's time to cut bait and bring in players that want to help the Bears rebuild.  I'm not a fan of Fleener or even Allen that much but but I'd be willing to try out Ladarius Green for the right price.

You don't like Allen?  Great blocker and improved receiver. I'm betting chargers get Green back and Colts re-sign fleener 

Last edited by a moderator:
More reasonably priced players

Chiefs defensive tackle Jaye Howard 

Rams defensive end William Hayes

Chargers corner Patrick Robinson

Patriots defensive tackle Akiem Hicks

49ers nose tackle Ian Williams.

Rumors are floating around that the Bears and Seahawks have been in talks about trading Bennett for Graham.  Not sure if I like the idea or not.

Jeffery finally signed his franchise tag.  Bears still have until July to sign a long term contract if they agree on one.

Jeffery finally signed his franchise tag.  Bears still have until July to sign a long term contract if they agree on one.
SWEET!! That's actually really good news, kinda shows he want's to be there and be a part of the offseason and camp I think.  I was really worried that we didn't hear ANYTHING out of the Jeffery cap after the tag hit, was worried he would be a full camp holdout and sign right before the season like a lot of guys do.  Just think it shows some level of commitment to this team.

Where is all the Bear money tied into? Cutler and? Dead money?
Cutler not even going to be in top 10 paid qbs from here on out.  15th this year.  17th next.  Good luck finding a better qb anywhere near that salary.

Only big contract now will be Jeffrey.  Bennett will be gone.  Rookie contracts on rbs.  Long,  Leno,  Fuller on rookie contract.  Most other guys on rookie contracts.  Houston 6 mil.  Young 2 mil.  Royal 5 mil.  McPhee 7 mil. 

Really no huge bloated contracts now. Royal overpaid but it isn't obscene or anything. 

Cutler not even going to be in top 10 paid qbs from here on out.  15th this year.  17th next.  Good luck finding a better qb anywhere near that salary.

Only big contract now will be Jeffrey.  Bennett will be gone.  Rookie contracts on rbs.  Long,  Leno,  Fuller on rookie contract.  Most other guys on rookie contracts.  Houston 6 mil.  Young 2 mil.  Royal 5 mil.  McPhee 7 mil. 

Really no huge bloated contracts now. Royal overpaid but it isn't obscene or anything. 
Wow, just looking for ways to bash Cutler??  Maybe not and I apologize if I'm wrong, but with so many Cutler haters around that's how it reads.  Completely agree with Flap above.  We are actually in a REALLY good cap situation right now, couple overpays in in Houston and Royal, but nothing disastrous at all.  As long as we stay cautious in FA and don't give away huge money to a guy that doesn't warrant it, we are in a good spot to build the team.

Source confirms the #Packers are indeed showing interest in TE Martellus Bennett. As things stand would be a trade situation. #Bears #NFL

And speaking of huge overpays in FA, Malik Jackson 6 years, $90M, 4th highest paid DL player???  No f-ing way.  Guy is a good player, and would no doubt have made the bears better, but I don't see any way he is worth that kind of money.

And speaking of huge overpays in FA, Malik Jackson 6 years, $90M, 4th highest paid DL player???  No f-ing way.  Guy is a good player, and would no doubt have made the bears better, but I don't see any way he is worth that kind of money.
Yup- that screams like a good player getting elite money because the team has the money to spend. I don't think Malik is elite. Very good, sure, elite? Not 4th best DL player in the league by a long shot.

Never mind- for some reason I was thinking that the Bears were about in less of a good cap situation than they are. They actually have the 6th most available to kick off Free Agency.

Wow, just looking for ways to bash Cutler??  Maybe not and I apologize if I'm wrong, but with so many Cutler haters around that's how it reads.  Completely agree with Flap above.  We are actually in a REALLY good cap situation right now, couple overpays in in Houston and Royal, but nothing disastrous at all.  As long as we stay cautious in FA and don't give away huge money to a guy that doesn't warrant it, we are in a good spot to build the team.
Not at all.

Cutler is Cutler. You have to know what he is- a gunslinger. He can certainly make some plays and is an above average QB but he will turn the ball over. If he was able to somehow not turn the ball over then he would be pretty close to being an elite QB.

Never mind- for some reason I was thinking that the Bears were about in less of a good cap situation than they are. They actually have the 6th most available to kick off Free Agency.
Before Alshon signing,  I think it was like 2nd or 3rd. They're in a great spot to keep building and Pace is the guy to do it.   If Royal can stay healthy and be the #3 he was intended to be,  I don't think his contract will be seen as too ridiculous.  Not many wrs available this year in draft or fa and he can be cut next season. 

Not at all.

Cutler is Cutler. You have to know what he is- a gunslinger. He can certainly make some plays and is an above average QB but he will turn the ball over. If he was able to somehow not turn the ball over then he would be pretty close to being an elite QB.
Before the final game last year,  he was tied with Wilson and Rodgers for 8 INTs on the year.  If he can stay around that,  the Bears are going to be fine. 

He'll probably be the 20th highest paid qb by end of his contract.  That's why I rolled my eyes a couple years ago when all of the TV losers were saying Cutler was the highest paid qb in the league.  His contract was front loaded and it was misleading saying that,  but most of those guys are too ignorant to know that. 

Last edited by a moderator:
So Boone and Vasquez best available guards? Raiders went nuts on Osmele.  Glad we didn't entertain that either.  So far so good. 

@AdamSchefter report on Trevathan and Falcons doesn't surprise me. Heard looking for more than $7 mil per year. We'll see.

Bears won't overspend.  Interested to see how this plays out. 

Let the rumors begin! 

Hearing that soon-to-be former #AZCardinals T Bobby Massie has interest from Bears and Giants but his market isn't near $8M/year yet.

Holy crap, almost had a heart attack.  The score just reported breaking news that Ian Rapoport tweeted out a report that the bears agreed to a 5 year $59M deal with Travethan.  I'm like WTF that's absolutely insane making him the second highest paid ILB in the league, which he is not, they were shocked by it too.

After a minute they figured out they found or someone sent them a link to a fake Rapoport account...

flapgreen said:
@AdamSchefter report on Trevathan and Falcons doesn't surprise me. Heard looking for more than $7 mil per year. We'll see.

Bears won't overspend.  Interested to see how this plays out. 
Don't actually think $7M range is all that bad, right around top 10 ILB money.  You always need to somewhat overspend when you are trying to get an impact FA, just can't get out of control like some of the deals talked about yesterday, IMO of course.

Holy crap, almost had a heart attack.  The score just reported breaking news that Ian Rapoport tweeted out a report that the bears agreed to a 5 year $59M deal with Travethan.  I'm like WTF that's absolutely insane making him the second highest paid ILB in the league, which he is not, they were shocked by it too.

After a minute they figured out they found or someone sent them a link to a fake Rapoport account...

I was listening to that too.  No one believed it was going to be that big of a contract.

Don't actually think $7M range is all that bad, right around top 10 ILB money.  You always need to somewhat overspend when you are trying to get an impact FA, just can't get out of control like some of the deals talked about yesterday, IMO of course.
Right

Come on Bears, we are a team with a ton of holes and problems we need to work on filling.  Let's get something locked in here...

flapgreen said:
Before the final game last year,  he was tied with Wilson and Rodgers for 8 INTs on the year.  If he can stay around that,  the Bears are going to be fine. 
Lol at that cherry-picking by ignoring Cutler's 3 pick final game.

Seasons Cutler has played in at least 11 games and thrown 8 picks or less = 0.

Cutler's lowest INT total when playing 16 games = 14.

In the past 3 years Cutler has played in 41 games and thrown 41 INT's. The only way Cutler throws 8 picks or less is if he's out for half a dozen games or so.

By the way, if you're going to compare him to Wilson and Rodgers through only 15 at least include all the stats:

Wilson.......31TD......8 INT.....would have 3 TD's  and 0 INT's in the final game (34-8)

Rodgers....30TD......8 INT.....would have 1 TD and 1 INT in the final game (31-9)

Cutler........19TD......8 INT.....would have 2 TD's and 3 INT's in the final game (21-11)

.@KCChiefs G Jeff Allen being heavily pursued by @ChicagoBears & @Atlanta_Falcons among others. @NFLonFOX

Sounding positive that the Bears could sign Trevathan and Allen today.  Hicks is going to wait till tomorrow to sign with anyone but the Bears could grab him.  Also sounds like Bears are resigning Porter.

Man, Forte to the Jets??  Didn't see that coming, figured he'd want to try and get somewhere with some more stability, and a chance for a superbowl win.  Especially with the questions at the QB position I really don't see the Jets being anything like that.  Will be interested to see how much money they offered.

.@KCChiefs G Jeff Allen being heavily pursued by @ChicagoBears & @Atlanta_Falcons among others. @NFLonFOX
Rapoport saying Texans are expected to get Allen at this point.  Nothing official yet though.  Bears are in the office today I hope...

Users who are viewing this thread