What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2016 DYNASTY ROOKIE DRAFT (Projections) (1 Viewer)

imo, a weak class overall. moved all my picks to land Landry about 5 weeks ago.

knew I wasnt getting treadwell, so got the best WR I didnt have,but seriously wanted in PPR

Last edited by a moderator:

knew I wasnt getting treadwell, so got the best WR I didnt have,but seriously wanted in PPR
Draft is loaded for WR though. I would love any of the Top 9 picks.

Draft is loaded for WR though. I would love any of the Top 9 picks.
as much as I like Treadwell, no way in hell I would want him over Landry, atm

no other WR tickles me, despite its depth

I have 1st and 5th. I'll take Zeke at 1. Hoping Henry or Treadwell falls to 5. Rbs very primo in our league. Or I might trade for 2017 1st rounder.

Could be interesting if someone has the time..

build a consensus draft using multiple sources by year and month (ie for the 2015 draft a consensus for 12/2014, 01/2015, 02/2015, etc)

find the difference between consensus projections and actual and compute standard deviation

plot values with date (by month and year) on x and the standard deviation on y

I would assume it would be a negative slope but it would be interesting to see the trending and any structural changes (combine, pro days, senior bowl, etc). A position by position breakdown could also be insightful, for example if qbs were consistently over-mocked

Edit: I also wonder if consensus draft position may be more indicative of success than actual draft position

VolBoy said:
I have 1st and 5th. I'll take Zeke at 1. Hoping Henry or Treadwell falls to 5. Rbs very primo in our league. Or I might trade for 2017 1st rounder.
No way Treadwell drops to 5 unless he runs a 4.7 at the Combine.

Logic says he will go at 2. But in our league tbs are prime. I got Cooper at 3. Yeldon went 4 last year. I would rank .

1.Elliot

2.Treadwell

3.Coleman

4.Thomas

5.Henry

VolBoy said:
I see a lot of mocks with rams taking whoever would be the first wr, if this is treadwell, do you bump him down some, or stay at no1 or 2 on your board?

VolBoy said:
I see a lot of mocks with rams taking whoever would be the first wr, if this is treadwell, do you bump him down some, or stay at no1 or 2 on your board?
That might sway me away if the Rams took him lol

If Rams take him, I'll probably would stay away from Treadwell. Could be another Tavon Austin scenario. YUCK....

Pwingles said:
VolBoy said:
Yes, the same way you dropped A.J. Green, Amari Cooper, Sammy Watkins, Calvin Johnson, Justin Blackmon, and Larry Fitzgerald for being the 1st receivers going off the board into bad situations or with unproven or crappy quarterbacks. Talent will always beat situation in the long run.

Pwingles said:
VolBoy said:
Yes, the same way you dropped A.J. Green, Amari Cooper, Sammy Watkins, Calvin Johnson, Justin Blackmon, and Larry Fitzgerald for being the 1st receivers going off the board into bad situations or with unproven or crappy quarterbacks. Talent will always beat situation in the long run.
sarcasm noted...

im not suggesting you pretend he is dead to you, im saying do you move the next best wr closer or slightly ahead based on immediate situation? Everyone has a price/appropriate value, is it not worth taking into consideration if he falls into a pit like the rams or the niners?

Pwingles said:
VolBoy said:
sarcasm noted...

im not suggesting you pretend he is dead to you, im saying do you move the next best wr closer or slightly ahead based on immediate situation? Everyone has a price/appropriate value, is it not worth taking into consideration if he falls into a pit like the rams or the niners?
I'm actually thinking that Gurley and Treadwell could be the foundation for a pretty good offense in the next few years.

Pwingles said:
VolBoy said:
sarcasm noted...

I'm actually thinking that Gurley and Treadwell could be the foundation for a pretty good offense in the next few years.
This is what I am thinking, and I would like to add in Austin. I don't think he will be a wr1 for fantasy, but for good years he might be a low end receiver 2 and bad years he would be a flex guy.

Look at some of the recent do not draft lists that had entire teams on it and how fast they turned it around. Jacksonville was an avoid at all costs the last couple years, Oakland was that way, 5 or so year ago Seattle was that way, now these teams have multiple guys that you can start weekly for fantasy football. Things change to fast in the NFL to downgrade college players that come into the league because of their situation.

In my local dyno league I have picks 2,3,4, and 9.

Not anywhere near as thrilled about it as I would be most years. Will look into trading ALL of these picks for players.

Not anywhere near as thrilled about it as I would be most years. Will look into trading ALL of these picks for players.
I've got 2 and 3 in mine. I'm assuming Eliot is going #1 and I'm stacked at WR. Leaning toward either trying to trade up to 1.01 or trading for players and/or 2017 picks.

Have 4,6,12,18,24,25 overall plus later round picks.

Will for sure be looking to move some pieces for players or 2017 picks

I've got 2 and 3 in mine. I'm assuming Eliot is going #1 and I'm stacked at WR. Leaning toward either trying to trade up to 1.01 or trading for players and/or 2017 picks.
I have a good enough team to deal away for future 1sts, so going to definitely do that with at least one of the top 4 picks. But yeah, this is a great year to find someone who likes high rookie picks and land a stud, even if I would have to give up all three picks in the deal.

Since some are starting to talk about their team and what picks they have.

To get us back on track, I put up my Top 12 or First Round.

1. Laquon Treadwell Mississippi WR 6'3 215

2. Ezekiel Elliot Ohio State RB 6'0 200

3. Derrick Henry Alabama RB 6'3 243

4. Corey Coleman Baylor WR 5'11 190

5. Michael Thomas Ohio State WR 6'3 203

6. Josh Doctson TCU WR 6'4 190

7. Tyler Boyd Pittsburgh WR 6'2 185

8. Devontae Booker Utah RB 5'11 203

9. Will Fuller Notre Dame WR 6'0 180

10. Pharoh Cooper South Carolina WR 5'11" 201

11. De'Runnya Wilson Mississippi State WR 6'5 215

12. Alex Collins Arkansas RB 5'11 206

I'm not all that excited about Treadwell. I just don't get the hype. He doesn't seem all that fast. He does seem to have good ball skills and he's 6'3, so that's obviously good.

I actually like Doctson better in every area....except the fact that Doctson may be too skinny. I mean 6'4-190??? He needs to put on some muscle. I can't find another top WR with numbers like that. AJ Green makes him look anorexic.

Corey Coleman is my favorite.

Treadwell may end up surprising me, who knows. If he can improve his speed he may do ok. But I wouldn't call him an explosive athlete or a guy that creates big-time separation...that scares me, but I'm just started in my research and there are a lot of events in the next few months that can change things.

Corey Davis should have come out in this draft. Not sure what he's thinking but he has little left to prove. He tore up Michigan State. He had a monster bowl game and a huge season. Oh well next years draft is looking good.

Laquon looks like a solid future top-15 WR, but at this very early stage it has to be Elliot at 1.01. With the rise of the RBBC, his 3-down skillset is the cherry on top.

Not ready to do more than a top 6. These guys I think are mostly situation-proof. The rest could end up rising/dropping a lot based on either pre-draft or NFL landing spot.

1. Elliott by a country mile - 98% of Gurley's potential. Skill set is closer than most will admit, and day-one 3 down back.

2. Treadwell

3. Michael Thomas

4. Alex Collins - he hasn't declared, but he seems like a no-brainer to me.

5. Josh Doctson

6. Mike Williams - also hasn't declared but their season is still going so we'll see

Biggest wildcards - Jordan Howard and Kenyon Drake. One of the reasons I stopped at 6 here is because these two guys could end up breaking into my top 12 depending how everything falls for them. To me they have the David Johnson potential of 2016 - not skill-set wise, neither is nearly so accomplished in the passing game, but production wise either/both of them could be the guy we're sitting on in December 2016 and wondering if they are a top 10 dynasty asset yet. If they get on a team with the right coaching staff and a vet(s) that get out of their way like DJ had happen, these are going to be the big bargains of this draft.

I'm very low on Henry. He'll be a high-ceiling/underground basement RB2 by virtue of his size at the goal line, but I don't think he'll end up putting up elite numbers. He doesn't move well enough laterally, and in the NFL running is all about making sure they don't hit you solidly enough. They are going to hit you, but the best RB are able to spin/slide/elude so that it's not a collision. Henry is going to take a lot of collisions. At some point his size and goal-line potential will make him the best value on the board, but I doubt he lasts long enough in drafts for me to take him. 2015 Jeremy Hill I think is his trajectory.

Yeah I don't regret the move, but rather the point was that it's not quite that simple to predict. What by all indications couldda/shouldda/looked like didn't turn out that way. And it's even harder to do a full year beforehand, with free agency/waivers, trades, and a draft in between. I'm not railing against it, I have made moves in two leagues trading for future picks that have netted me 1.01 in one league and 1.01 and 1.02 in another, so it's definitely possible, but again both of those I would categorize were teams there were lead-pipe locks to finish bad. If you got one of those on the hook go for it for sure. Chubb/Fournette/Cook/Perine should be a top-heavy draft for sure. But you could be trading 1.09 for what turns out to be a no better pick in a draft we don't have any indication will be any better.
Yep I started 0-5 only to end the season 9-5 and lost the championship game to the team that made the playoff at 7-7.

Tex

Think people might actually be sleeping on De'Runnya Wilson in here. He's Kelvin Benjamin without the weight questions.

Think people might actually be sleeping on De'Runnya Wilson in here. He's Kelvin Benjamin without the weight questions.
I'm not sure he's as fast as Benjamin. There was rumors going around that Benjamin ran slow at the combine on purpose because he wanted to play with Cam. If that's true he's an idiot.

My updated top 12:

1. Ezekiel Elliott - RB - Ohio State

2. Laquon Treadwell - WR - Ole Miss

3. Corey Coleman - WR - Baylor

4. Josh Doctson - WR - TCU

5. Michael Thomas - WR - Ohio State

6. Derrick Henry - RB - Alabama

7. Will Fuller - WR - Notre Dame

8. Alex Collins - RB - Arkansas

9. Leonte Carroo - WR - Rutgers

10. Pharoh Cooper -WR - South Carolina

11. Devontae Booker - RB - Utah

12. Tyler Boyd - WR - Pittsburgh

Mike Williams goes to #3 immediately if he declares, IMO.

bud29 said:
My updated top 12:

I'm far from a Boyd lover but think you've got him way way too low here. He's not a dynamo physically but he's got a great feel for the position. Kinda like Keenan Allen

My updated top 12:

I'm not ready to put up any rankings but the limited tape I've seen of Mike Williams I might rank him as the #1 WR in this class if he declares. Tape looks really good. I don't know why he wouldn't declare he's going to be drafted in the 1st round unless he bombs the combine.

Curious to hear the board's thoughts regarding Elliot as a clear #1 if he falls to the mid-20s, and someone early in the draft (I've seen dallas @4 several times already) takes a WR

Also, this draft is turning out to be quite strong in my opinion for ff purposes.

My updated top 12:

I'm not ready to put up any rankings but the limited tape I've seen of Mike Williams I might rank him as the #1 WR in this class if he declares. Tape looks really good. I don't know why he wouldn't declare he's going to be drafted in the 1st round unless he bombs the combine.
Deadline tomorrow right??

My updated top 12:

Deadline tomorrow right??
It looks like Mike Williams is going back to school. I'm surprised myself with the injury scare he just went through.

Laquon looks like a solid future top-15 WR, but at this very early stage it has to be Elliot at 1.01. With the rise of the RBBC, his 3-down skillset is the cherry on top.
A lot if RBs were 3 down players in college. Elliott isn't guaranteed 3 down work in the NFL, it depends on the coach. Some coaches play RBBC come hell or high water.

Curious to hear the board's thoughts regarding Elliot as a clear #1 if he falls to the mid-20s, and someone early in the draft (I've seen dallas @4 several times already) takes a WR

Also, this draft is turning out to be quite strong in my opinion for ff purposes.
Treadwell is the 1.1 regardless of where he goes.

Even in non-PPR?

cstu said:

No way. Pharoh Cooper is the clear 1.01, regardless of where he goes. This is a complete no-brainer. It's so obvious that I can't be bothered to justify my self-evident view.

So I'm sure some of us have different rounds and amount teams in our drafts but a very rough Top 50 would give us a 12 team, 4 round draft plus two extras. Let's just get the names in place then we can adjust where on the list they are. Is there any viable players that were missed? Is there any players who shouldn't be on the list for a concrete reason (ie; stayed in school, aren't even likely to get drafted, etc)?

* The colors are mostly just for me but

Red=Didn't Look Good or Worse Than Expected

Blue=What I Expected or Average

Green=Impressive

Black=Yet to Watch

? = I'm Not Sure Yet

1) Treadwell - WR

2) Elliot - RB

3) Doctson - WR

4) Coleman - WR

5) Fuller - WR

6) Henry - RB

7) Collins - RB

8) Thomas - WR

9) Howard - RB

10) Lawler - WR

11) Booker - RB

12) Caroo - WR

13) Perkins - RB

14) Boyd - WR

15) Sterling Shepard - WR

16) Goff - QB

17) Lynch - QB

18) Braxton Miller ? - WR

19) Wentz -QB

20) Cook - QB

21) Garrett ? - WR

22) Pharoh Cooper - WR

23) Nick Vannett - TE

24) Kenneth Dixon - RB

25) De'Runnya Wilson - ? WR

26) Aaron Burbridge - WR

27) Kenyon Drake - RB

28) Jonathan Williams - RB

29) Austin Hooper - TE

30) Travin Dural - WR

31) Prosise ? - RB

32) Hunter Sharp - WR

33) KJ Maye - WR

34) Jacoby Brissett - QB

35) Tajae Sharp - WR

36) Cardale Jones - QB

37) Jalen Marshall - WR

38) Rashard Higgins - WR

39) Hunter Henry - TE

40) Thomas Duarte - WR

41) Dak Prescott - QB

42) Tre Madden - RB

43) Aaron Green - RB

44) Hackenberg - QB

45) Cody Kessler - QB

46) James Connor - RB

47) DJ Foster - RB

48) Chris Moore - WR

49) Josh Ferguson - RB

50) Kelvin Taylor - RB

Others:

Devon Cajuste - WR (TE)

Chris Brown - WR

I'm having a tough time with where to put Braxton Miller. I would want to put him pretty high (mid to low teens) in my FF draft rankings but there's 3 things that really hold him back. 1) He's pretty old (turned 23 in Nov) which isn't a major issue alone but with his 2) his lack refinement at WR, I have to wonder hold long before he is an every down player. Finally, 3) he isn't that great at reading the defense and knowing where to go. I understand that this is his first year at WR and even then they had him doing all kinds of other work but he was a 3 year starter for a major school at QB. He should be better at knowing where to go.

One other thing that bother me, and usually I try not to concern myself with this, is how will the team that drafts him view him? Are they going to force him to learn how to play WR or are they just going to use him as a gimmick player?

The talent is there but I'm not sure where to put him.

I have seen Leonte Carroo all over the rankings, From what I have seen he likes pretty good and im hoping to get him in my league but dont know a lot about him. What are the main reasons you guys have him up so low and high?

I have seen Leonte Carroo all over the rankings, From what I have seen he likes pretty good and im hoping to get him in my league but dont know a lot about him. What are the main reasons you guys have him up so low and high?
I like him a lot. He was the most productive receiver in college football this year, in the 8 games that he played. Here is what I said about him in December:

Out of the receivers in my sample (the 100 players with the most receiving yards), Carroo ends his season 1st in all of college football in yards per target with 13.7 YPT. (Second is Taywan Taylor, with 12.6 YPT for the high flying Western Kentucky Hilltoppers). Carroo has done that on a rather woeful Rutgers offense which has averaged only 6.1 YPT when throwing elsewhere, giving him a +7.6 YPT edge on his teammates. Second on that metric is a full 2.5 yards behind him, +5.1 YPT from Toledo WR Cody Thompson. And Carroo hasn't done it as a situational deep threat - in the 8 games he's played, he has accounted for 44% of his team's passing yards (2nd most of any receiver) and 59% of their passing TDs (most of any receiver), along with 71% of their 25+ yard receptions (most of any receiver).
Here is how some of his stats compare with other top WRs in this class and the previous two.

Carroo also has reasonably good size and speed (estimated by nfldraftscout at 6'0", 205 lb., 4.49 40).

Users who are viewing this thread