What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***2016 FBG T-shirt exchange - OFFICIALLY COMPLETE WITH 100% PARTICIPATION** (1 Viewer)

Box on the way to Softballguy. :thumbup:

Military mail can be squirrelly.  Expect it sometime between 2 days and 2 months.

I got my shirt! I got my shirt! I got my shirt!

I received a coral-colored Doc Ford's Rum Bar & Grille t-shirt, a "Gulf Coast Cookbook" written by one of the owners that supposedly has great recipes and even better stories, and two jam jar mojito glasses (all from South Florida). I'm not the greatest cook by any means but my roommate is and he already commandeered the cookbook. The mojito glasses are being used as we speak and I'll wear the shirt tomorrow. I tried it on and it fits perfectly and is the first coral addition to my wardrobe. I modeled it for my girlfriend until she yelled at me for strutting around the house. I am so proud and I think she is just jealous that she doesn't have any "internet friends".

I'm totally stoked! Thanks a million to my secret sender. I'll put up some pics as soon as I figure out how it's done.

I get quite a few packages from Amazon so at first that's what I assumed it was. Then I opened it up and saw the book and was like "WTF?" I had kind of forgotten about the t-shirt thing and thought maybe I opened a package for my roommate by mistake. But why would my name be on the package? It was all a real mystery until I finally pulled out the shirt and it dawned on me.

Anyways, it was really cool and I'm excited to send something (hopefully) equally as cool to my stalkee. This definitely upped the ante.

Thanks again!
Nice.  Glad you liked them.  I sent these to bananafish.   Weird thing about the shirt, when I got it, the lighting in the bar and the receipt said Orange... Then when I was home, I wondered wtf happened to the orange shirt I got.   Doc Ford is the main character in all of Randy Wayne White's books.  Cool place for those of you visiting SW Florida.  

Note to my stalker: I'm out of town June 15 through July 2 so please sit on it until after the 4th weekend!  Bed Stuy package drops don't last long on the stoop

Thanks in advance. 
Do or die, bed stuy!! This neighborhood is starting to become very hipster so 'start hiding cool t-shirts' would be the right advice. 

Package heading to Canton, MI, updated the doc. 

Date/Time

Activity

6/15/2016 - Wednesday

8:10 am

On FedEx vehicle for delivery

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully @Phil Elliott received his this weekend.  If not, you have a thief in your mailbox!

Your item was delivered in or at the mailbox at 10:13 am on June 11, 2016 in AUSTIN, TX 78701.

So I hit the FBG jackpot yesterday, literally. I received a sweeeet package from THE @Joe Bryant

Here are the pics:

Yee Haw Brewing Co. T-Shirt- Front  Back
6 Pack of booze and Chocolate - Swag
Last but not least - FBG Swag Bag

Thank you Joe not only for the shirt and the swag but for everything else that you and your team has done for this community. It truly is appreciated.

:thumbup:

So I hit the FBG jackpot yesterday, literally. I received a sweeeet package from THE @Joe Bryant

Here are the pics:

Thank you Joe not only for the shirt and the swag but for everything else that you and your team has done for this community. It truly is appreciated.

Damn!!  You did hit the jackpot!  

Forgot to mention that he also sent a hand written note on his own personal stationary. Very nice touch Joe. It's going up on the fridge.  :D

So late yesterday evening, Fedex shows up with a box that was marked fragile.  You can imagine my disappointment when I picked it up and heard the clinking of what sounded like broken glass.  Turns out the sound was actually just the sound of the awesomeness that was to come.   I was lucky enough to draw the man of the season, Kutta himself.  Not only were there shirts and beer, but a bottle of single barrel Jack Daniels that was hand selected by Kutta and his crew.  The clinking noise was only the personalized medallion hanging on the bottle swinging against the glass.  

Very nice shirts.  Can't wait to try the beer tonight.  My wife and kid said I need to save the Jack, but they should know me better than that.  I'll hold out for a little while, but that sucker ain't gonna last long. 

Thanks Kutta.  You really took it to the next level.  Sorry I don't have pics yet.  I know how lame it is to read these posts and not see the pics, but I promise I will have them up soon.

:banned: :headbang: :hifive: :suds:

Left on front porch at 1:59pm

:ph34r:
Received!  I snapped pics of all the swag and all of the items together (with the shirts still rolled up)...but somehow didn't take pics of the actual front/back of the shirts.  I will take pics of those tonight and try to get them up by the weekend.  I'll also take a pic of the letter my stalker sent me if that's ok with him.

In the meantime, I'll post what I do have.

Overall Haul

Overall Haul 2

Overall Haul 3

Overall Haul 4

Beer 1 Front

Beer 1 Back

Beer 2

OMG.  Such an awesome haul @orcinus.  You really outdid yourself.  I'm blown away.  The personal letter telling me about the items was much appreciated (as was the box score on the back!).  When I first saw you were from Missouri, I was worried I might get some Cardinals swag (being as I'm from Cincy).  Thankfully you are a Royals fan!

I've already used the Marina coozie and the White River Brewing Co bottle opener.  The beers are in the fridge and I can't wait to tear into that Tequila Barrel Aged Ale  :banned:   :suds:

In case anyone was wondering, this is how you do it folks.

ETA: Btw, those are 750ml bottles of beer.  I just have big hands  :ph34r:

I feel like all the other GM's in the league after the Eagles signed Fletcher Cox.  T-shirt game bar has been raised.

Received!  I snapped pics of all the swag and all of the items together (with the shirts still rolled up)...but somehow didn't take pics of the actual front/back of the shirts.  I will take pics of those tonight and try to get them up by the weekend.  I'll also take a pic of the letter my stalker sent me if that's ok with him.

Overall Haul

Overall Haul 2

Overall Haul 3

Overall Haul 4

Beer 1 Front

Beer 1 Back

Beer 2

OMG.  Such an awesome haul @orcinus.  You really outdid yourself.  I'm blown away.  The personal letter telling me about the items was much appreciated (as was the box score on the back!).  When I first saw you were from Missouri, I was worried I might get some Cardinals swag (being as I'm from Cincy).  Thankfully you are a Royals fan!

I've already used the Marina coozie and the White River Brewing Co bottle opener.  The beers are in the fridge and I can't wait to tear into that Tequila Barrel Aged Ale  :banned:   :suds:

Looks like @orcinus and I are in the same neck of the woods....  :ph34r:

But, I'm a Cards fan.

So late yesterday evening, Fedex shows up with a box that was marked fragile.  You can imagine my disappointment when I picked it up and heard the clinking of what sounded like broken glass.  Turns out the sound was actually just the sound of the awesomeness that was to come.   I was lucky enough to draw the man of the season, Kutta himself.  Not only were there shirts and beer, but a bottle of single barrel Jack Daniels that was hand selected by Kutta and his crew.  The clinking noise was only the personalized medallion hanging on the bottle swinging against the glass.  

Very nice shirts.  Can't wait to try the beer tonight.  My wife and kid said I need to save the Jack, but they should know me better than that.  I'll hold out for a little while, but that sucker ain't gonna last long. 

Thanks Kutta.  You really took it to the next level.  Sorry I don't have pics yet.  I know how lame it is to read these posts and not see the pics, but I promise I will have them up soon.

:banned: :headbang: :hifive: :suds:
Glad you like the stuff - enjoy!

I'm just happy that I got to take a trip to Prescott to get some of it  :)

ETA: The Jack is meant for drinking, not saving. So drink up!

Here are the pics:

You're more than welcome sdp.

The Yee Haw beer is a cool company (dumb name but cool company). One of their beers won a silver medal in one of the beer competitions which they seemed to think was a big deal. http://yeehawbrewing.com/yee-haw-wins-award-at-world-beer-cup℠ They only do bottles though and I was afraid to send those so I got the other beer from Saw Works in town. It's good too. The Goo Goo candy is a Southern thing. They're pretty good if you like chocolate and peanuts. Glad you liked the stuff, thanks for the kind words and thanks to Kutta for organizing.

J

Oh also one of the best parts was the apron smelt of fine meat and seasoning. Must be a great place when the smell made it half way across the country. :)

Overall Haul

Overall Haul 2

Overall Haul 3

Overall Haul 4

Beer 1 Front

Beer 1 Back

Beer 2

Glad you liked it! I was a little worried with the "left at front door" tracking message, but it looks like everything arrived intact.

Had a blast on our pilgrimage to the breweries, as well. You'll have to let me know what you think of the beers.

No Cards gear allowed in the house, btw. I got a t-shirt jersey last year at work and ended up burning it in the fire pit during one of the interleague games last summer.

Good times.

Well, I pretty much won the lottery. @DaVinci is working for the Marines, stationed in Okinawa, Japan. The great thing about this exchange is that you receive shirts from opposite sides of the country. My loot comes from the opposite side of the world. So, so cool. 

DaVinci - it does seem like Japanese shirts run small, but I've lost some weight lately and they fit great. Interesting texture to them... definitely unique. 

I haven't tried the food yet, but I can't wait. The thought of green tea flavored Kit Kats couldn't be more intriguing. 

I'd try to explain what I received, but it wouldn't do it justice. I'll just post what DaVinci sent me:

Greetings from Okinawa, Japan. I've been working for the US Marine Corps here for the past four years. Here's the story behind the box of goodies.

First the shirts. Japanese sizes tend to run a little small, so I got one large and one XL.

Orion (pronounced "or-ee-on") is an Okinawan brewery. It's as ubiquitous as Budweiser here on the island, but it's not very popular elsewhere in Japan.

Awamori is a rice liquor similar to sake and is also pretty much only found here. It is sometimes bottled with a dead habu  :shock:  (a venomous snake native to Okinawa) coiled in the bottom of the bottle.

I would have sent samples, but customs is pretty strict about shipping alcohol.

The pastries are beniimo tartes. Beniimo is a purple sweet potato native to Okinawa that they use in many desserts, even ice cream.

The veggie chips are one of my favorite snacks we've tried here.

The green Kit Kats are matcha (green tea) flavor. They make a lot of strangely flavored Kit Kats in Japan. We've tried sweet potato, cheesecake, caramel pudding, sweet bean, roasted tea, chocolate mint, and a couple others. I saw wasabi flavored ones once, but didn't try them. The matcha are by far our favorite.

Hope you enjoy!

You better believe I do. I had a pretty rough night dealing with a pretty sick dad. I walked out to the mailbox (wearing my McClure's BBQ t-shirt btw) feeling pretty crummy, but this turned me right round.

Thanks to badmojo1006 for starting this, thanks to kutta for stepping up this year to keep it going, and a HUGE thanks to my new GB DaVinci for the kickass shirts and treats. Super cool thing we have going here.

Shirt One

Shirt Two

Treats!

Well, I pretty much won the lottery. @DaVinci is working for the Marines, stationed in Okinawa, Japan. The great thing about this exchange is that you receive shirts from opposite sides of the country. My loot comes from the opposite side of the world. So, so cool. 

DaVinci - it does seem like Japanese shirts run small, but I've lost some weight lately and they fit great. Interesting texture to them... definitely unique. 

I haven't tried the food yet, but I can't wait. The thought of green tea flavored Kit Kats couldn't be more intriguing. 

I'd try to explain what I received, but it wouldn't do it justice. I'll just post what DaVinci sent me:

Your stuff will be on the way early next week.  I have been traveling non-stop so sorry for the delay. 
Heh, I think I sent it to him last year in like late July due to traveling, poor Long Ball Larry is destined to not get a shirt earlyish

Users who are viewing this thread