What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2016 Keeper Help, never too early to look at this year (3 Viewers)

http://s30.postimg.org/4b9caob3l/image.jpg

Might as well throw my other keeper league up here. 12 team / 12 man keeper forever. Won the title two years ago, lost in the semi-finals this past year. I think the keepers are pretty easily set, but I do think I'm going to try and trade JUpton and a Chris Davis for an upgrade. Davis loses his 3b eligibility, so at that point I'll always have someone on the bench. I'd rather get an upgrade at a position I can use.

Thoughts?
Cripes, that team is LOADED. JUp/Davis for a 3B would probably be your best move. Maybe Machado?
Actually, no kidding last night I offered JUP/David/Wade Davis for Machado and then the same offer for Arenado.

The Machado guy already countered asking way too much, so that's out. I actually knew he would that - he's about the only guy I've never traded with. He's also the guy that waived Springer after his first two weeks up and has been trying to rip me off to get him back ever since.
Arenado would be another good get. Kris Bryant would too, not sure what his owner's team looks like. I mean, if need be you could build a package around Seager since you have Correa too. One of those two would have to slot in at your U with your current set-up and that means benching one of your 4 stud OFs.
Bryant is actually how I acquired Rizzo. Me and one other guy are really the only ones who follow prospects. I picked up Bryant, he hit like 5 home runs in 5 games last spring training, then I flipped him for Rizzo. I'll probably do the same thing with Seager. I do plan on keeping Correa, though.

I'll throw another one up here to puzzle over.

12-team H2H points with pitcher-friendly scoring, 26-man rosters starting 8 PP, 1 Util, 5 SP, 3 RP. I can keep 6 drafted players at their draft round up to 3x (starred players = last year's keepers).

Of course I fell into a draft like this in a keep-6, and not a keep-12 or something:

Donaldson [3rd]*
Betts [6th]
Altuve [7th]*
Machado [10th]
Blackmon [11th]
d'Arnaud [16th]
Bogaerts [19th]
Giles [20th]
Darvish [22nd]
Rizzo [23rd]*
Stanton [25th]*
Lindor [26th]

Stanton, Rizzo and probably Altuve are no-brainers. But past that, I'm at a loss. Keep the other three top-20 guys even though I'd be doubling up at 3B and throwing back my two great young SS? Keep Machado, one SS (not that I even know which one) and either Giles or Darvish, and throw back last year's freaking MVP? Kick myself in the ### for not trading some of these guys away last August when I could have made a stretch run?

What say you all?

Deep keeper, 4-sport league with cross sports trades, keep 23, OBP, can keep forever, 11th year of league, after a dynasty run I've had to completely rebuild the past three years.

Here are the 19 I'm keeping:

Posey, Schwarber, Hosmer, Gordon, Moncada, Betts, Chris Davis, Gallo, Blackmon, Bruce, Grichuk, Kluber, Sale, Hamels, Salazar, Doolittle, Giles, Osuna, Boxberger

Need 4 more from this group:

Trea Turner

Orlando Arcia

A-Rod

V-Mart

David Dahl

Matt Holliday

Johnathan Schoop

Justin Verlander

Jackie Bradley Jr

I think I'm pretty much gonna keep those two SS because I don't even have a vet SS on the roster. I'm light in the OF so keeping Holliday or JBJ seems prudent.

Thoughts?

Deep keeper, 4-sport league with cross sports trades, keep 23, OBP, can keep forever, 11th year of league, after a dynasty run I've had to completely rebuild the past three years.

Here are the 19 I'm keeping:

Posey, Schwarber, Hosmer, Gordon, Moncada, Betts, Chris Davis, Gallo, Blackmon, Bruce, Grichuk, Kluber, Sale, Hamels, Salazar, Doolittle, Giles, Osuna, Boxberger

Need 4 more from this group:

Trea Turner

Orlando Arcia

A-Rod

V-Mart

David Dahl

Matt Holliday

Johnathan Schoop

Justin Verlander

Jackie Bradley Jr

I think I'm pretty much gonna keep those two SS because I don't even have a vet SS on the roster. I'm light in the OF so keeping Holliday or JBJ seems prudent.

Thoughts?
How blocked is JBJ? I think I'd still take him just because I don't think Holiday has much left and what he does do isn't spectacular anymore.

Might as well throw my other keeper league up here. 12 team / 12 man keeper forever. Won the title two years ago, lost in the semi-finals this past year. I think the keepers are pretty easily set, but I do think I'm going to try and trade JUpton and a Chris Davis for an upgrade. Davis loses his 3b eligibility, so at that point I'll always have someone on the bench. I'd rather get an upgrade at a position I can use.

Thoughts?
Cripes, that team is LOADED. JUp/Davis for a 3B would probably be your best move. Maybe Machado?
Actually, no kidding last night I offered JUP/David/Wade Davis for Machado and then the same offer for Arenado.The Machado guy already countered asking way too much, so that's out. I actually knew he would that - he's about the only guy I've never traded with. He's also the guy that waived Springer after his first two weeks up and has been trying to rip me off to get him back ever since.
Arenado would be another good get. Kris Bryant would too, not sure what his owner's team looks like. I mean, if need be you could build a package around Seager since you have Correa too. One of those two would have to slot in at your U with your current set-up and that means benching one of your 4 stud OFs.
Bryant is actually how I acquired Rizzo. Me and one other guy are really the only ones who follow prospects. I picked up Bryant, he hit like 5 home runs in 5 games last spring training, then I flipped him for Rizzo. I'll probably do the same thing with Seager. I do plan on keeping Correa, though.
Got a trade worked out...Got Machado

Gave Springer, Upton, and Longoria

I get to add one more keeper to my lineup now - probably Wade Davis.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in a standard ESPN 10 teamer 6X6 H2H league with standard offensive lineup.

I can keep 6 overall players. The first 3 listed are my initial thoughts, below are other options.

E. Encarnacion 1B

J Bautista OF

M. Sano DH (DH for now should go to OF also after 10 starts)

Other batter options D. Ortiz (DH), S. Vogt (C/1B), Y Cespedes (OF) K. Seager (3B)

D Keuchel

A Wainwright

G Richards

Other Pitching options J Zimmermann, Verlander

Thoughts?

Cripes, that team is LOADED.  JUp/Davis for a 3B would probably be your best move.  Maybe Machado?

Actually, no kidding last night I offered JUP/David/Wade Davis for Machado and then the same offer for Arenado.

The Machado guy already countered asking way too much, so that's out. I actually knew he would that - he's about the only guy I've never traded with. He's also the guy that waived Springer after his first two weeks up and has been trying to rip me off to get him back ever since.

Arenado would be another good get.  Kris Bryant would too, not sure what his owner's team looks like.  I mean, if need be you could build a package around Seager since you have Correa too.  One of those two would have to slot in at your U with your current set-up and that means benching one of your 4 stud OFs.

Got a trade worked out...

Got Machado

Gave Springer, Upton, and Longoria

I get to add one more keeper to my lineup now - probably Wade Davis.
Solid trade deal from strength to get Machado.  Yeah, I'd probably add Davis as the other keeper.

I can keep 6 overall players. The first 3 listed are my initial thoughts, below are other options.

E. Encarnacion 1B

J Bautista OF

Other batter options D. Ortiz (DH), S. Vogt (C/1B), Y Cespedes (OF) K. Seager (3B)

D Keuchel

A Wainwright

G Richards

I probably go Seager, Keuchel, Cespedes for your last 3 spots.

E. Encarnacion 1B

J Bautista OF

D Keuchel

A Wainwright

G Richards

What's the 6th cat on each side?

What's the lineup requirements?

Last edited by a moderator:
MAC_32 said:
What's the 6th cat on each side?

What's the lineup requirements?
Standard AL daily lineup for hitters, 5SP and 2RP slots for each day. 6 bench spots. Hitter stats (AVG, R, SB, HR, RBI, H) Pitch Stats (ERA, WHIP, SV, K, W, K/BB) 14 Minimum IP per week.

Standard AL daily lineup for hitters, 5SP and 2RP slots for each day. 6 bench spots. Hitter stats (AVG, R, SB, HR, RBI, H) Pitch Stats (ERA, WHIP, SV, K, W, K/BB) 14 Minimum IP per week.
I hate sucking up bench spots on keepers, but I feel better about it in H2H.  I'd keep Papi and deal w/two weeks of Sano on the bench.  Keuchel and Cespedes are the other two.  I'm expecting some regression from Cespedes, but risk/reward vs. Seager gives him the nod.  

14 team points league.  Every position, 3 OF, and 1 Util, 8 SP starts per week.

Batting

Singles (1B)

Doubles (2B)

Triples (3B)

Home Runs (HR)

Walks (BB)

Runs Scored (R)

Runs Batted In (RBI)

Stolen Bases (SB)

Hit by Pitch (HBP)

Hitting for the Cycle (CYC)

Pitching

Innings Pitched (IP)

Wins (W)

Saves (SV)

Strikeouts (K)

Shutouts (SO)

Complete Games (CG)

No Hitters (NH)

Perfect Games (PG)

I can keep 4 players from this group.  Who would you keep?  And of those 4, which would you be open to trading for either a draft pick or a minor leaguer (so you'd have to keep #5 or #6)?

Keep 4: Schwarber (easy), Yordano, Bauer, Heaney, Piscotty, M.Taylor

My roster will also have Pujols, Freeman, Rendon, Kinsler, Braun and Felix.

Batting

Singles (1B)

Doubles (2B)

Triples (3B)

Home Runs (HR)

Walks (BB)

Runs Scored (R)

Runs Batted In (RBI)

Stolen Bases (SB)

Hit by Pitch (HBP)

Pitching

Innings Pitched (IP)

Wins (W)

Saves (SV)

Strikeouts (K)

Shutouts (SO)

Complete Games (CG)

No Hitters (NH)

Perfect Games (PG)

I can keep 4 players from this group.  Who would you keep?  And of those 4, which would you be open to trading for either a draft pick or a minor leaguer (so you'd have to keep #5 or #6)?

Piscotty, Ventura, and Heaney.

I'd be surprised if you could get a pick for either Bauer or Taylor.  I don't think either are lost causes (yet), but they're getting close.  If you really want to find out with them on your roster I'll bet you can get both back fairly cheaply.

Batting

Singles (1B)

Doubles (2B)

Triples (3B)

Home Runs (HR)

Walks (BB)

Runs Scored (R)

Runs Batted In (RBI)

Stolen Bases (SB)

Hit by Pitch (HBP)

Pitching

Innings Pitched (IP)

Wins (W)

Saves (SV)

Strikeouts (K)

Shutouts (SO)

Complete Games (CG)

No Hitters (NH)

Perfect Games (PG)

Piscotty, Ventura, and Heaney.

I'd be surprised if you could get a pick for either Bauer or Taylor.  I don't think either are lost causes (yet), but they're getting close.  If you really want to find out with them on your roster I'll bet you can get both back fairly cheaply.
I had an owner list all of them actually.  He's sort of backing off my Taylor offer to him now, saying he's still hoping for a larger deal.  He's in total rebuild mode.  

My one point above was let's say I can move one of Piscotty/Ventura/Heaney for say a mid round pick and a prospect like Cody Lee or Jorge Lopez or Javy Guerra, which means keeping Bauer, do you think that's worth it?  I don't think I do it for Ventura, but Heaney and Piscotty have me thinking.

I think the problem with Bauer is between the ears.  He's shown glimpses of the top 5 pick potential, but when things go off the rails with him a disaster results.  Can that be fixed?  Sure, just look at Carrasco.  Should it be expected?  I wouldn't.

If the answer to this question is yes then I think he has keeper consideration - can you win this year with zero help from Bauer?  If you need him to produce to compete then I'd stick with what you have and consider getting Bauer back in the draft.  Either way, I wouldn't consider starting him until he strings off a few good starts in a row and/or shows that he can work out of jams a couple-few times.

Points league, keep forever. (20 Players kept transition to full dynasty) 12 team.  Pick One.

Lucroy (lock up my catcher)

Teheran (staff already has Sale, Fernandez, Strasburg, Bumgardner, Cueto, Carrasco, Matz, Rodon)  9 pitcher starts a week.

Zobrist (utility guy multiple positions)

Britton (lock up my second RP - (Giles)

AL only division (5 teams), H2H points league. My current selections carry the asterisk. I'm not sure on Boegarts, Bauer and Swihart. Would love to stick with Brantley just not sure of his injury status. It's a hitters league so have no issues letting Bauer go but K pitchers are a premium. Anyway pick 9:

*Swihart

*Abreu

*Encarnacion

Kipnis

*Boegarts

Seager

*Jones

Brantley

*Betts

*Castillo

*Carrasco

*Bauer

Rodriguez

Hutchinson

AL only division (5 teams), H2H points league. My current selections carry the asterisk. I'm not sure on Boegarts, Bauer and Swihart. Would love to stick with Brantley just not sure of his injury status. It's a hitters league so have no issues letting Bauer go but K pitchers are a premium. Anyway pick 9:

*Swihart

*Abreu

*Encarnacion

Kipnis

*Boegarts

Seager

*Jones

Brantley

*Betts

*Castillo

*Carrasco

*Bauer

Rodriguez

Hutchinson
Bogaerts is a no-doubter IMO.  I would keep Seager (either one) and Kipnis over Swihart and Bauer. 

*Swihart

*Abreu

*Encarnacion

Kipnis

*Boegarts

Seager

*Jones

Brantley

*Betts

*Castillo

*Carrasco

*Bauer

Rodriguez

Hutchinson

Lol last year a guy traded Arrieta and Bryant (keeper league, and also a Cubs fan) to his brother in law for a crappy return, only to tell us this year that he won't be returning. Seems a little shady. 

Lol last year a guy traded Arrieta and Bryant (keeper league, and also a Cubs fan) to his brother in law for a crappy return, only to tell us this year that he won't be returning. Seems a little shady. 
I'm leaving because the league is no longer about building/drafting a team, it's about whoever can make the greatest one sided trade(ironically, you're the biggest culprit of this) The only way to get rid of the ridiculous trades is to get rid of the keepers

I'm done until then, call me when the league goes back to redraft 

I'm leaving because the league is no longer about building/drafting a team, it's about whoever can make the greatest one sided trade(ironically, you're the biggest culprit of this) The only way to get rid of the ridiculous trades is to get rid of the keepers

I'm done until then, call me when the league goes back to redraft 
:popcorn:

Back on topic...here's a good one.  Keep 10 players, Yahoo H2H with standard hitting plus OPS and standard pitching plus losses.

Miggy
Bryant
Kipnis
Sano
Marte
Pence
Brantley
Bogaerts
Gattis
Sale
Felix
MadBum
Tanaka

Back on topic...here's a good one.  Keep 10 players, Yahoo H2H with standard hitting plus OPS and standard pitching plus losses.

Miggy
Bryant
Kipnis
Sano
Marte

Pence
Brantley
Bogaerts

Gattis
Sale
Felix
MadBum

Tanaka

Those 9 plus one of Pence/Kipnis/Tanaka...probably Kipnis for me.

How bad was this trade. I'm not going to vote to veto because it's their teams, but:

team A trades Miggy, Adam Jones, Kluber, and Aroldis Chapman

for

team B trades Bryce Harper

12 Team / 5x5 Roto with OBP.   Starting lineups are Line are C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, 4OF, 2UTL, 7 Pitchers.  We get 18 keeper points.  Values are based on draft round and players cost increases every year kept.

I'm keeping Stanton7, Springer4, Seager2 but I need help with the last 5 pts.  Here are the viable players - 

Rendon4, G Polanco3, D. Salazar2, Buxton2, Deshields1, D. Peralta1, M Franco1, S Piscotty1, S. Matz1, Domingo Santana1, Trea Turner1

Wizards of Oz said:
12 Team / 5x5 Roto with OBP.   Starting lineups are Line are C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, 4OF, 2UTL, 7 Pitchers.  We get 18 keeper points.  Values are based on draft round and players cost increases every year kept.

I'm keeping Stanton7, Springer4, Seager2 but I need help with the last 5 pts.  Here are the viable players - 

Rendon4, G Polanco3, D. Salazar2, Buxton2, Deshields1, D. Peralta1, M Franco1, S Piscotty1, S. Matz1, Domingo Santana1, Trea Turner1
Yeah, that's hard. Only immediate dismissal is Piscotty. I like Rendon and Polanco, but your dollar guys are too good. I'd keep Franco, Matz, Deshields, and Salazar. 

Wizards of Oz said:

Depends on how the league is.  I'd keep hitters over pitchers and on that list any combination of Rendon with one of the $1 guys or Buxton with the $1 guys will get you going in the right direction.  Buxton may take some time to get going but he is a premium speed option with pop and his OBP should steadily improve throughout the year.  I don't care for Polanco but he has the power/speed combo if you like his upside. 

Wizards of Oz said:

I probably go Buxton, Deshields, Franco, Matz

Yeah, that's hard. Only immediate dismissal is Piscotty. I like Rendon and Polanco, but your dollar guys are too good. I'd keep Franco, Matz, Deshields, and Salazar. 
MAC_32 - This was my initial thought.

Depends on how the league is.  I'd keep hitters over pitchers and on that list any combination of Rendon with one of the $1 guys or Buxton with the $1 guys will get you going in the right direction.  Buxton may take some time to get going but he is a premium speed option with pop and his OBP should steadily improve throughout the year.  I don't care for Polanco but he has the power/speed combo if you like his upside. 
I agree, i prefer to keep hitting over pitching but am a little concerned about going too unproven (buxton) and also worried a little about Rendon for that cost.  i don't know.  I'll prob flip flop on this about 100 time from now until the season starts.   I know i shouldn't put much stock in spring training but if buxton is solid, it will be hard to throw him back. 

New total points league starting up from scratch. Everyone can keep up to 8 players each year. No salaries, going forward no time limit on keeping the players. They're yours for as long as you like.

I used a similar scoring system before. It should net out with the league being OPS heavy but 2-3 pitchers usually work their way into the top 10.

Who are your top 5? 

Top 2, for me are Harper and Trout. Both still young, both proven

After that, due to age and position played, I think Correa has to be in there. We might be coming upon the next golden age of SS, Boegarts, Seagar, Lindor, Russell are all young, but im not sure if any of them offer the potential Correa does for a decade of 30/100/100 there. For me it might be too much to pass up.

After that, first disqualified is age. No one 30+, so that removes Donaldson, Miggy, McCutch is right there too. 

That leaves Kershaw, Goldy, Bryant, Arenado, Stanton, Rizzo as legit options for the remaining 2  top 5 slots.

Am I missing anyone here? 

My top 10 in dynasty/deep keeper

Goldy, Harper, Trout, Correa, Machado, Bryant, Kershaw, Arrenado, Cutch, Stanton

My top 10 in dynasty/deep keeper

Harper, Trout, Goldy Correa, Machado, Bryant, Kershaw, Arrenado, Rex Grossman, Stanton

rex_grossman_matrix.jpg

Rendon or Cruz?  Easy call on Rendon here?

Other keepers are Felix, Votto and Correa.  Standard Yahoo 5x5 H2H.

Users who are viewing this thread